• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Higher IQ- Trump or Obama?

Well, I would not necessarily doubt it, OlNate. But let us say, for the sake of argument, that it is true. That if Trump took multiple IQ tests to all of our satisfactions, his score would average 156, compared to Barack Obama's score. Okay. So what?

This is kind of like finding out that when measured, Trump actually has slightly larger hands than Barack Obama. Okay. So what?

What does Donald Trump's ability to demonstrate a high degree of short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition have to do with anything?

Last edited:
Marilyn vos Savant had an IQ I believe of 228. She currently has the "Ask Marilyn" column in the Parade magazine.

Where oh where was this woman at the last presidential election?

"Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated"----- DJT

That's what trump always says when he first learns something. Just because he learned it he assumes no one else knew:

"Not many people know this but Puerto Rico is an island. It's surrounded by water, big water" - DJT

I can't believe America elected this idiot!

Again, RaleBulgarian: I.Q. Tests do not test knowledge or the amount of information you know. They test your short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition. That is why you can give them to young children who have little knowledge of anything.
Hate to have to be the one to point it out to you, Felis, but I just posted what others who’ve known Trump said about him. It wasn’t my statement.

Sounds a lot more like the truth. A spoiled brat who rode through life on the wheels attached to the handle of the silver ladle he was born with embedded in his ass.
You’d think by now Trumpsters would have witnessed enough of Trump myths being crushed to double or triple check any bragging before posting. Guess that’s why they’re Trumpsters.

Ivanka Trump -140
Michelle Obama-130

Donald Trump -156
Barack Obama --145
Celebrity IQs That Are Truly Incredible

LOL! And you actually believe that?

This is not the speech of a 156 IQ individual. This is the speech of a Adderal-snorting, mentally retarded man-boy.

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Well, I would not necessarily doubt it, OlNate+. But let us say, for the sake of argument, that it is true. That if Trump took multiple IQ tests to all of our satisfactions, his score would average 156, compared to Barack Obama's score. Okay. So what?

This is kind of like finding out that when measured, Trump actually has slightly larger hands than Barack Obama. Okay. So what?

What does Donald Trump's ability to demonstrate a high degree of short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition have to do with anything?

Nothing...dumb or smart, he's still a douchebag and an awful president....hehe... I didn't start the thread, brother, I'm just having a chuckle at it. ;) IQ, so long as it's within a general range, only matters to folks who can't brag about wisdom and common sense.

Obama blows away Trump in terms of intelligence. It's not even close.

Well, I would not necessarily doubt it, OlNate. But let us say, for the sake of argument, that it is true. That if Trump took multiple IQ tests to all of our satisfactions, his score would average 156, compared to Barack Obama's score. Okay. So what?

The analogy I like to use is athletic talent. Imagine there was an athleticism score. Who would get a higher score, Michael Jordan, Usain Bolt, Babe Ruth or Tiger Woods? They're all some of the greatest who ever lived in their sports but how would you quantify their abilities in terms of a single number.

Just as athleticism has many dimensions to it that can't be expressed as a single number the same is true of intelligence. Verbal intelligence is not the same as mathematical or spatial intelligence. And creativity is impossible to measure but the most critical aspect of intelligence.

I think IQ tests are good for determining if someone is mentally challenged. It can differentiate between average people and "intelligent" people generally. But it makes absolutely no sense to try to compare someone with a 120 IQ to someone with a 170 IQ. That's like comparing two athletes based on how much they can benchpress.

Trump is of average intelligence (too low to be president imo) but has exceptional skill at manipulating and convincing people. That's also a form of intelligence. He's better at stirring up a crowd than almost any politician I've seen.

LOL! And you actually believe that?

This is not the speech of a 156 IQ individual. This is the speech of a Adderal-snorting, mentally retarded man-boy.

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Boy, that Adderal is some scary stuff. Does it have any chemical similarity to meth?

Obama. Smart enough to never expose his kids to criminal liability.

If his IQ were 156 in 1968, which is dubious at best, then his IQ has had a dramatic drop over the past few years/decades. People with that high of an IQ tend to not make the bad choices in life that Trump has made, or make the statements that are obvious and provable lies that Trump has made; they're smarter than that.

I agree with all that, and I've known a few very smart people especially on my wife's side of the family with a slew of PhDs in the hard sciences and math, and a few people I've worked with over the years who it was almost scary how quickly they connected the dots, and if there is anything common about them it's intellectual curiosity, and Trump displays NONE.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone with a 156 IQ would not get 17 x 6 wrong. I love how Howard exposed their phony Ivy League degrees for what they are. Three Ivy League graduates can't figure out 17 x 6. Rich people have all kinds of advantages that allow them to get into and then graduate from Ivy League schools even when they're total idiots. Rich White affirmative action.

Yes, exactly that bolded. I was always dumbstruck by the whining that Obama might have gotten into college based on "affirmative action" after we just had a President George W. Bush that was a monument to rich white person affirmative action, and that was mostly seen as completely normal and legitimate, as if we're a system of royalty in this country.

I'm sure you know this but Jared Kushner is another example. Daddy bought his admission, which is nice when you can get it.... :roll:

Yeah Trump just tweeted out some stuff about his charity being shut down in New York. And he used the the word 'sleazebag'. That sounds like a genius AND very presidential..

This guy can't go away fast enough. Why doesn't he and all his cult-like followers take a few of the rectangular States out west start their own country. Just get the hell out of ours.

I agree with all that, and I've known a few very smart people especially on my wife's side of the family with a slew of PhDs in the hard sciences and math, and a few people I've worked with over the years who it was almost scary how quickly they connected the dots, and if there is anything common about them it's intellectual curiosity, and Trump displays NONE.

There are many descriptors that I can think of to use in relation to Donald Trump. Curiosity? Maybe, dependent upon if he feels curiosity related to the potential of his own aggrandizement. Intellectual? Not even a chance of being on the list. When put together - intellectual curiosity - then neither would apply to Trump because I've seen no evidence that he has any curiosity that originates from any source other than vanity, much less of an intellectual origin.

There are many descriptors that I can think of to use in relation to Donald Trump. Curiosity? Maybe, dependent upon if he feels curiosity related to the potential of his own aggrandizement. Intellectual? Not even a chance of being on the list. When put together - intellectual curiosity - then neither would apply to Trump because I've seen no evidence that he has any curiosity that originates from any source other than vanity, much less of an intellectual origin.

LOL, that's a good analysis IMO. :peace

Obama blows away Trump in terms of intelligence. It's not even close.

I prefer this one, sans telepropmpter.
LAFFFFF

Sounds like it's about 120.

GUFFAw

Who freaking cares. IQ does not make you a good or even decent person.

Ummmm ... while it is true that IQ doesn't determine your character, there is no way Trump's IQ is what he OP says.

No way at all.

On no IQ test that I have ever seen would Trump score above 110. And I'm being generous. He is an idiot savant. He has tapped into an ability to get people to buy his scams, but in almost every way which would be measured with an IQ test he is ignorant.

Those are indicators of how well your brain works, just as we use MPG and zero to sixty and reliability statistics to judge which cars work better. There is no ****ing way, NONE, that Trump is more intelligent than Obama (either of them). In fact, that conservatives seem willing to entertain the notion is almost certainly an indicator of their own malfunctioning gray matter or, simply, a form of political masturbation. I hope it feels good because that's ALL it does.

My father was a member of Mensa and could intelligently discuss nearly any subject because he read incessantly. I've known quite a few people with high IQs and what they all had in common was that they SEEMED smart. They spoke and wrote and considered questions in ways that made their intelligence obvious. Some people find it pretentious but they know a smart person when they hear them speak or read what they write.

Trump's speech and tweets are the sort of rhetorical drool that only the functionally retarded could not be ashamed to be responsible for. Keep stroking away at your fantasy, if you like, but don't act like this is anything more than an autoerotic dream.

Actual geniuses usually don't abhor complete sentences and demand their information intake be reduced to slogans. They like to, you know, think.

“The Book” typically includes briefing sheets about events the president will attend the next day; his schedule for the day, week and month ahead; and a sheaf of policy papers.
  • Separately, the press and communications staffs assemble clippings — often positive, to contrast the bad news he may be seeing on cable news.
  • '“If he reads something in the press, like if he sees it on TV, that grabs his attention,” said a source close to the president.
  • The packet can even include screen grabs of cable news chyrons.

The president demands brevity, refusing to engage with briefers like his former national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, who’d come in with a PowerPoint deck dozens of pages long, filled with text.
  • “He used complete sentences!” said one person who saw the briefings, and knows better about how Trump likes his information.
  • Trump got so exasperated with McMaster that he’d look at other papers on his desk while the national security adviser was talking — his view of an alpha male move to show that the general was failing to interest him.
  • The more effective approach with Trump is to use simple, short bullets, or a graphic or timeline — anything demonstrative.
  • The bullets are so pithy that one source said they're "basically slogans."

Back
Top Bottom