• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Phrases Your Sick of Hearing??

That's Retarded:roll:

Thats Gay:roll:

Thinking outside the box
Hope and Change
Making the rich pay their "fair share"
A rebuilding year
Its for the children
progress must go forward
unborn baby

Just the word or what?

When people use it to pass bull**** off as fact "apparently Obama was born on Pluto" for example, or when they're trying to soften the blow of something bad "apparently I just gave you AIDS" IT EITHER HAPPENED, OR IT DIDN'T, THERE'S NOTHING ****ING APPARENT ABOUT IT!

He lied about WMD
They come for a better life
We have to cut taxs on Corporations so they can create jobs....GE made 14billion 9 outside the country didnt pay a dime...Im sick and tired of hearing how bad corporations and CEOs and the top bracket rich have it.
Unemployment is high because of 8 yrs of bush policies.

"All of the sudden" or "All the sudden" instead of "All of a sudden"

Why do all three suddenly sound wrong?:2wave:

"Proverbial" -

I hate this with every inch of my being. "Don't throw the baby out with the proverbial bathwater." . . . NO **** it's proverbial - you don't need to emphasize that it's proverbial when we all know you're not REALLY talking about throwing the baby out with the bathwater!! One of the MMA hosts says this all the damn time!

"Transparency" - especially when it's abused as "transpurensee"

I'd also add, "Jerry Jones selects Jason Garrett as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys".
Hey now, I saw some hope at the end of the season once Garrett took over. Ok, the loss to the Cards was ridiculous, but still.

Hey now, I saw some hope at the end of the season once Garrett took over. Ok, the loss to the Cards was ridiculous, but still.

He laid down and did nothing under Phillips; he was the guy you could count on to run Barber to the right three times on 1st and goal inside the 5, and fail all three times. Then, when he's made interim head coach, all of a sudden things change overnight in his play calling. I'm not buying it. Jason had full control of that offense before and after Phillips. I think he was just cut-throat and dishonest once he thought there was a chance of getting Phillips out.

Don't get me wrong, Phillips had to go...but I'd rather we had a strong, solid head coach than some spineless turd.

He lied about WMD
They come for a better life
We have to cut taxs on Corporations so they can create jobs....GE made 14billion 9 outside the country didnt pay a dime...Im sick and tired of hearing how bad corporations and CEOs and the top bracket rich have it.
Unemployment is high because of 8 yrs of bush policies.
i take it you are sick of hearing the truth

"saved or created x jobs"
"attack on the middle class"
"draconian cuts"
"we have to use a scalpel, not a machete"

Yours?

Lets have an adult conversation.

I used to have a problem with that. I think being a member of this site has numbed me to its effects. That said, the people who do that should go **** themselves.

Just like the people who use "conservative" that way. It also ought to go for the people who use "Tea Party" as a slur.

You mean your truth...not the same as my truth :)

no. THE truth

despite what you may have come to believe, it does not change

i will acknowledge that our perspectives, and how we interpert the truth are subject to difference

"These cuts will hurt working families"

Ya know what drives me nuts is watching this politicians...ALL OF THEM..use their thumbs to act as their finger for pointing.
Oh another phrase..."for the children"....B/S it's all about themselves.

He laid down and did nothing under Phillips; he was the guy you could count on to run Barber to the right three times on 1st and goal inside the 5, and fail all three times. Then, when he's made interim head coach, all of a sudden things change overnight in his play calling. I'm not buying it. Jason had full control of that offense before and after Phillips. I think he was just cut-throat and dishonest once he thought there was a chance of getting Phillips out.

Don't get me wrong, Phillips had to go...but I'd rather we had a strong, solid head coach than some spineless turd.
Actually, I could see things changing overnight to some degree. Phillips was one of those coaches who believed talent was enough and didn't need discipline or focus. Barry Switzer was the same way IMO. Is Garrett the coach for sure? Of course, all this could be moot if the owners and players can't work out their differences in time for the new season.

"Tax cuts for everybody!"

Tax cuts for the rich!
Tax the rich.
The Bush tax cuts for the rich.
Eat the rich (this a new one, but I'll be sick of it real soon)
corporate welfare

I'm not saying the tea party is all racist...
I don't think the tea party is racist, but...
I never said the tea party was racist, I just said that some in the tea party....

Back
Top Bottom