• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IQ test

http://www.mbti123.com/iq/en/

en

Evidently, my IQ is not high enough to figure out how to share the results here.

Your IQ Score:

Brilliant
(★★★★)
Most people's IQ is 90~100

OK, a cut and paste will have to do.

160. Would like to know the real patterns on one or two of those.

I've never understood these things.

Who the hell cares what number is next in the series "1,7,36,4,Q,○,¼,Θ..."

IQ tests are not test of your intelligence. They are tests of you extrapolative ability. On paper, they seem silly but they can be reflective of your real world judgement. They illustrate your capacity "to figure out what will happen next".

So, having a higher IQ indicates that you have higher potential. It doesn't mean you will utilize it.

16 of them are easy. 20 is wonky as hell (abstract) but doable. Question 15 is still hanging me up badly.

09 / 38 / 47 / 04
06 / 35 / 42 / ??
12 / 21 / 23 / 27

9 + 38 is 47. But that's useless information because nowhere else in the grid does that happen.
12 is 21 mirrored. But that's useless information because nowhere else in the grid does that happen.

Top row is +27, +9, -43.
Middle row is +29, +7, ??.
Bottom row is +9, +2, +4 compared to left. No pattern there, it seems.

Left column is all multiples of 3
3x3
3x2 (could be -3 or * 2/3)
4x3 (could be +6 or * 2)

But then, the other columns don't follow this pattern.

****adoodle.

This is going to bug me all day.

There is probably something simple and I'm overthinking looking for a complex pattern.

So aggravating. Sure, I did pretty well on this quiz but I want to solve the hard ones.

17/20 is an 85. An 85 is in Asian F territory, unacceptable. :p

From the spoiler:

09 / 38 / 47 / 04
06 / 35 / 42 / ??
12 / 21 / 23 / 27

9 + 38 is 47. But that's useless information because nowhere else in the grid does that happen.
12 is 21 mirrored. But that's useless information because nowhere else in the grid does that happen.

Top row is +27, +9, -43.
Middle row is +29, +7, ??.
Bottom row is +9, +2, +4 compared to left. No pattern there, it seems.
----------------------

No it isn't, the top row is +29, +9, -43.
I'm smarter than you, I'm smarter than you!!
Unfortunately, I can't figure this one out either....yet.
I'll keep you posted.

None of your business. Shut up.

I did a full battery with a psychiatrist once. It was fun, I scored 134 on the accepted scale for whatever that is worth, for Mensa you need to have 132.

Could have done better, but I have a terrible learning disorder with advanced math, which is a shame, because I love science. I guess I could communicate about science a hell of a lot better than I can actually do the engineering!

IQ tests don't test intelligence, they test aptitude. I've met autistic and aspergers people who can't do IQ tests but excel to brilliant levels in many areas of life.

People brandish their IQ scores like it's supposed to mean something. We all have what we need inside of us to live this life the way we are meant to, so the quest to suss out relative intelligences comes across as little more than some kind of superiority game.

I am the usual 140 according to that test :). I agree that I am just somewhat above average in more reliable IQ tests.

Anyone scored a 200 yet? The test is redoable and one can take it up to 200 with several attempts. Wonder what name and color they provide for that honors?

Hope it is not just as simple as "Genius" considering 160 is "Einstein." I would be surprised if it called you "Skenderbeg" in 200 though :lol:

Yeah, cos some of you guys are as smart as Einstein.

Besides, they don't even have trains in Las Vegas because one has to arrive first before it can leave.
If I travel long distance I like to go by train. When I was planning a trip to Las Vegas I was surprised to learn that the train doesn't go there. That pissed me off. :mad:

Anyone scored a 200 yet? Wonder what name and color they provide for that honors?

Hope it is not just as simple as "Genius" considering 160 is "Einstein." I would be surprised if it called you "Skenderbeg" in 200 though :lol:

I got one of these cool pictures and the message...

Congratulations Buzz. To infinity and beyond...

to_infinity_and_beyond_by_clear_green-d4bktoc.png

;)

Well yeah, this isn't an actual IQ test. It's just a series of puzzles and math problems that you legitimately could see on a real IQ test. That test would probably be timed and be much longer.

I'm pretty sure you get 10 points per correct answer and -10 points per incorrect answer, 0 for skipping. Easily tested I suppose but I think that's what it does.

This thing gave me a score of 170. When I was tested as a kid, IIRC the result was 149. So yeah, shave about 20-30 off your score on this maybe. Most of these problems are easy, I'd say. 4 are hard. 20... the best way I can put it is that you've got to get abstract and look at it like you're an archeologist reading the markings of some culture you've never seen before. That leaves 3...

The letter one I can't figure yet. I've transposed the letters as numbers, a common enough trick, but there doesn't appear to be any pattern in the numbers. They're not squares or square roots, they're not prime numbers, no simple addition / subtraction / multiplication / division.

Still can't figure that 4x3 cell one. No apparent pattern.

Sonuvabitch.

ADD the tens and ones digits in the bottom. Subtract that sum from the top.

So meta and abstract and so many little traps built in there. On a real IQ test I wouldn't have been able to sleep on it though.

Well yeah, this isn't an actual IQ test. It's just a series of puzzles and math problems that you legitimately could see on a real IQ test. That test would probably be timed and be much longer.

I'm pretty sure you get 10 points per correct answer and -10 points per incorrect answer, 0 for skipping. Easily tested I suppose but I think that's what it does.

This thing gave me a score of 170. When I was tested as a kid, IIRC the result was 149. So yeah, shave about 20-30 off your score on this maybe. Most of these problems are easy, I'd say. 4 are hard. 20... the best way I can put it is that you've got to get abstract and look at it like you're an archeologist reading the markings of some culture you've never seen before. That leaves 3...

The letter one I can't figure yet. I've transposed the letters as numbers, a common enough trick, but there doesn't appear to be any pattern in the numbers. They're not squares or square roots, they're not prime numbers, no simple addition / subtraction / multiplication / division.

Still can't figure that 4x3 cell one. No apparent pattern.

yep, my 170 score on that test is also about 25 points above the range they gave me when i graduated.

however, at least seeing the score made my Tuesday morning a little better.

i'll just keep telling myself that all of the extracurricular reading and writing paid off.

This might have been an interesting test, however there were about 7 questions where the diagram didn't show and I had to simply mark "I don't know" because the question wasn't visible.

that's odd. what browser do you use?

Internet Explorer - I'm old and set in my ways.

eh, no worries. i hear the new version is ok. i don't use it; i generally use chrome.

eh, no worries. i hear the new version is ok. i don't use it; i generally use chrome.

I tried chrome and didn't like it - I don't like Facebook and its insidious need to weedle ever deeper into lives and it basically takes forever to get where you want to go while google and facebook profile the hell out of you.

I wonder if it was a fair trade, the years for the wisdom?
I like that Bob Seger line, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

And Bruce Springsteen's, "Glory Days- they'll pass you by in the wink of a young girl's eye". It's definitely sad that we lose our wide eyed enthusiasm and everything being a new experience, but somehow it's for the best. I had more fun in my youth, though I didn't appreciate it and was a complete dumbass. The idea life would be to have youth and wisdom, maybe in the next world? ;)

I tried chrome and didn't like it - I don't like Facebook and its insidious need to weedle ever deeper into lives and it basically takes forever to get where you want to go while google and facebook profile the hell out of you.

what i like about chrome is that you can get adblock for it. it pretty much blocks every annoying ad on the net.

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

facebook and other sites would be annoying as hell without it.

And Bruce Springsteen's, "Glory Days- they'll pass you by in the wink of a young girl's eye". It's definitely sad that we lose our wide eyed enthusiasm and everything being a new experience, but somehow it's for the best. I had more fun in my youth, though I didn't appreciate it and was a complete dumbass. The idea life would be to have youth and wisdom, maybe in the next world? ;)

or Mellencamp's "life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."

however, though there are less opportunities for immediate thrills these days, i still find it possible to keep the excitement of learning new things. i wouldn't trade 39 for 16. oh, **** no. there were so many tempestuous emotional storms, and little wisdom to use as my boat back then. i'm very lucky that i didn't drown.

Back
Top Bottom