• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IQ test

Right! Who needs affirmation of something you already suspected about yourself! Mensa won't be contacting me any time soon, I guess. :mrgreen:

Me either. Of course, I won't be contacting them either. They say 130 is smart. I doubt it because I know too much about myself and we have people here scoring much higher. I don't know about you, but I don't know what's coming next. Lunch, I hope. All this thinking junk has made me hungry.

Some of those pattern questions almost melted my noodle.

by question 17, i was starting to feel physical pain.

at least i got a screenshot of the neat Einstein designation. i'm curious how high the scale goes and what's above Einstein. William James Sidis?

140. I got bored with the last 3.

They should've asked if we were bored, too. When someone asks me, "If a train leaves Las Vegas at 3:15 am at 40 mph, what time's lunch?", it's a no-brainer. It's at lunchtime. When they want to know when it will arrive in NYC, that depends entirely on how many drunken people they hit in cars at crossings and things like that. Besides, they don't even have trains in Las Vegas because one has to arrive first before it can leave. These people just aren't that smart.

They should've asked if we were bored, too. When someone asks me, "If a train leaves Las Vegas at 3:15 am at 40 mph, what time's lunch?", it's a no-brainer. It's at lunchtime. When they want to know when it will arrive in NYC, that depends entirely on how many drunken people they hit in cars at crossings and things like that. Besides, they don't even have trains in Las Vegas because one has to arrive first before it can leave. These people just aren't that smart.

There you go using logic again! Back to school, young man, for further indoctrination...we've got to stamp this logic stuff out before it causes problems! Sheesh! :lamo:

by question 17, i was starting to feel physical pain.

at least i got a screenshot of the neat Einstein designation. i'm curious how high the scale goes and what's above Einstein. William James Sidis?

Yeah the hard pattern ones I grabbed what little pattern I could find and made an "educated guess". I kind of rushed through it, I wonder if I had tried really hard for an hour if I could have definitively gotten more right.

I dunno what is past Einstein. Supposedly anything over 120 - 130 you start to see diminishing returns. Other characteristics rather than raw IQ are of greater consequence. This guy is a good example...

Christopher Langan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From what I've seen of him he is basically useless as far as achievements go, even though his IQ is ~200. His "research" is a bunch of bs.

I think motivation, confidence, and work ethic are more important than anything. I'd gladly trade away some points for more of that. :lol:

There you go using logic again! Back to school, young man, for further indoctrination...we've got to stamp this logic stuff out before it causes problems! Sheesh! :lamo:

Yeah. Maybe I'm trying too hard.

16 of them are easy. 20 is wonky as hell (abstract) but doable. Question 15 is still hanging me up badly.

09 / 38 / 47 / 04
06 / 35 / 42 / ??
12 / 21 / 23 / 27

9 + 38 is 47. But that's useless information because nowhere else in the grid does that happen.
12 is 21 mirrored. But that's useless information because nowhere else in the grid does that happen.

Top row is +27, +9, -43.
Middle row is +29, +7, ??.
Bottom row is +9, +2, +4 compared to left. No pattern there, it seems.

Left column is all multiples of 3
3x3
3x2 (could be -3 or * 2/3)
4x3 (could be +6 or * 2)

But then, the other columns don't follow this pattern.

****adoodle.

This is going to bug me all day.

There is probably something simple and I'm overthinking looking for a complex pattern.

So aggravating. Sure, I did pretty well on this quiz but I want to solve the hard ones.

17/20 is an 85. An 85 is in Asian F territory, unacceptable. :p

Last edited:

Got to the, "I really don't give a ****," stage at around question 17.

If I am so godamn brilliant, why then was I unable to post the "140" graphic?

Need a beer.

Your IQ Score:

Brilliant
(★★★★)
Most people's IQ is 90~100

Using Chrome Browser? Try "Quick QR" to share any web links to mobile on the fly!

ResultMoreShare
Your IQ Score:

Einstein
(★★★★☆)
Most people's IQ is 90~100

I don't think it's very reliable. That's higher than I scored in high school, and I just gave up on the last three.
If I were an Einstein I'd know how to copy a screenshot, for example.

No scratch paper. Don't think it's reliable either. I took an IQ in school and remember scoring more like 125.

No scratch paper. Don't think it's reliable either. I took an IQ in school and remember scoring more like 125.

Same here. I've never taken the official test, but somewhere in the mid or higher 120s is where I generally tend to score on the more dedicated online tests I've taken in the past.

It's probably a good idea to shave roughly thirty points off of any result this test gives you. :lol:

Same here. I've never taken the official test, but somewhere in the mid or higher 120s is where I generally tend to score on the more dedicated online tests I've taken in the past.

It's probably a good idea to shave roughly thirty points off of any result this test gives you. :lol:

And it should really be less now considering all the brain cells I've killed in the last 35 years :)

And it should really be less now considering all the brain cells I've killed in the last 35 years :)

Yea... If I can score freaking 160 on a completely cold run through, working on five hours of sleep in a noisy computer lab, while half watching some documentary on the History Channel in the background the whole time, there's a good chance that the IQ test in question might be bogus. :lol:

Last edited:

I've never understood these things.

Who the hell cares what number is next in the series "1,7,36,4,Q,○,¼,Θ..."
But you're an ENTP. You are supposed to be great at pattern recognition.

Hmmm, either we're all geniuses or that site is padding scores to bolster traffic, haha. Most tests I've taken I average more around 140, and that's trying hard. It seems like this test was mostly easy then ~5 nasty questions. To get a more accurate score I think they need more midrange questions, and more questions overall. Not to mention many pattern questions can be beaten simply by having experience with them. +1, +2, +3... +1, -2, +2, -4... all square roots, even / odd / even / odd. Just knowing what to look for made half of them no brainers.

my score was also somewhat higher than the number they gave me when i graduated high school. (the achievement test had an IQ section.) this test might skew high because there are only 20 puzzles.

But you're an ENTP. You are supposed to be great at pattern recognition.

It was a time thing. I didn't feel like sitting there to figure out what the pattern was if it wasn't obvious.

butofcourse_zpsdaafb91a.jpg

My actual IQ has been in the past around 128 to 130 on different tests.

Yeah, considering decades of drug and alcohol abuse, 135 sounds closer to the truth.

They need a test to measure the wisdom attained over those years. My mind isn't as quick or sharp either, but I sure know a lot more.

They need a test to measure the wisdom attained over those years. My mind isn't as quick or sharp either, but I sure know a lot more.

I wonder if it was a fair trade, the years for the wisdom?
I like that Bob Seger line, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

Back
Top Bottom