• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IQ test

or Mellencamp's "life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."

however, though there are less opportunities for immediate thrills these days, i still find it possible to keep the excitement of learning new things. i wouldn't trade 39 for 16. oh, **** no. there were so many tempestuous emotional storms, and little wisdom to use as my boat back then. i'm very lucky that i didn't drown.

Wait till your body starts to slowly deteriorate and I promise you, if you're lucky it will. You're constantly going to the doctor for this and that, taking meds and forgetting common information. You're no longer relevant in the work force, or technology and younger professionals have replaced your position. The styles, music, technology and trends start to change faster than your mind or personality is able to adapt. Then all kinds of older friends and family start to pass, making you feel alone, knowing now that you're being stalked. It'll definitely make you long for those younger years.

Do you have to give them an email address at the end to learn the result?

Do you have to give them an email address at the end to learn the result?

nope. otherwise, i wouldn't have taken the test or posted it.

Wait till your body starts to slowly deteriorate and I promise you, if you're lucky it will. You're constantly going to the doctor for this and that, taking meds and forgetting common information. You're no longer relevant in the work force, or technology and younger professionals have replaced your position. The styles, music, technology and trends start to change faster than your mind or personality is able to adapt. Then all kinds of older friends and family start to pass, making you feel alone, knowing now that you're being stalked. It'll definitely make you long for those younger years.

i admit that i'm concerned about this. when that happens, all i will have is art and writing. you could try some writing; you might find that you have a lot of wisdom to paint with.

i admit that i'm concerned about this. when that happens, all i will have is art and writing. you could try some writing; you might find that you have a lot of wisdom to paint with.

I wish you the best and some actually do surprisingly well long into their later years. It's not exactly the same for everyone. I'm not that bad yet, just a lot of little things starting. Macular degeneration could take away your art and arthritis your writing. You still have no idea how many landmines are waiting. ;)

I wish you the best and some actually do surprisingly well into their later years. It's not exactly the same for everyone. I'm not that bad yet, just a lot of little things starting. Macular degeneration could take away your art and arthritis your writing. You still have no idea how many landmines are waiting. ;)

While you're partially correct about my relative inexperience, I have pretty significant OCD. Sometimes I feel that I see nothing but potential landmines. I worry about things that time will erode, but my mother always says, "don't anticipate." I'm trying to take that advice; with limited success.

While you're partially correct about my relative inexperience, I have pretty significant OCD. Sometimes I feel that I see nothing but potential landmines. I worry about things that time will erode, but my mother always says, "don't anticipate." I'm trying to take that advice; with limited success.

I agree with her, don't worry about things you can't affect. You'll never guess it right and the anxiety can be worse than the ailments. The old proverb "live in the now" has much wisdom to it.

In my younger days I was a competitive powerlifter and Olympic weightlifter. Was good at the former, terrible at the latter. Especially in powerlifting, where there's alot of age based classification, we'd see guys in their 50s, 60s and even 70s performing a levels that would astonish most people. 50 year olds bench pressing 400+, 60 year olds squatting that much. I even saw one old gent near 80 deadlift 375 pounds.

Granted strength doesn't tail off as we age nearly as quickly or as much as speed or reflexes but getting old doesn't have to suck.

I stopped both when I was 40 after a knee injury. My conditioning went downhill like a car off a cliff. Started powerlifting again last year, at 52, and some achiness aside feel better than I have in years.

In my younger days I was a competitive powerlifter and Olympic weightlifter. Was good at the former, terrible at the latter. Especially in powerlifting, where there's alot of age based classification, we'd see guys in their 50s, 60s and even 70s performing a levels that would astonish most people. 50 year olds bench pressing 400+, 60 year olds squatting that much. I even saw one old gent near 80 deadlift 375 pounds.

Granted strength doesn't tail off as we age nearly as quickly or as much as speed or reflexes but getting old doesn't have to suck.

I stopped both when I was 40 after a knee injury. My conditioning went downhill like a car off a cliff. Started powerlifting again last year, at 52, and some achiness aside feel better than I have in years.

I shunned exercise in my 20s, and became obese. Turned 30, lost the weight, and then became a cardio nut. I will say that I feel much better than I did back then; seems to be something to the "always keep moving" advice.

As for the strength training, you have my respect. I hate it almost as much as I hated exercise at age 29. However, I hit 40 on Halloween, and my promise to myself this year was to buck up and buckle down on upper body. So far, so good, though it is much harder than cardio for me. Gotta build that muscle now, though, so I'll have more to work with later.

I got one of these cool pictures and the message...

Congratulations Buzz. To infinity and beyond...

to_infinity_and_beyond_by_clear_green-d4bktoc.png

;)

It is an honor to have your intelligence among us but not you as the person also.

;)

Do not you hate it when that happens? Like "Just sort this out and buzz off!"

I can't get past "When do you plan to enroll in school? "

Never isn't an option.

Why is a Global Moderator spamming the forum?

I shunned exercise in my 20s, and became obese. Turned 30, lost the weight, and then became a cardio nut. I will say that I feel much better than I did back then; seems to be something to the "always keep moving" advice.

As for the strength training, you have my respect. I hate it almost as much as I hated exercise at age 29. However, I hit 40 on Halloween, and my promise to myself this year was to buck up and buckle down on upper body. So far, so good, though it is much harder than cardio for me. Gotta build that muscle now, though, so I'll have more to work with later.

Good luck! You won't regret putting on some muscle mass.

Cardio has always been my Achilles heel. I dislike running and though I love bicycling I've never been able to push myself on a bicycle to the point of getting any real aerobic benefit out of it. I did take a couple of trial classes at a local UFC kickboxing place. Those were enjoyable and, for me at least, very intense cardio workouts. Considering doing that a couple of times a week.

Good luck! You won't regret putting on some muscle mass.

Cardio has always been my Achilles heel. I dislike running and though I love bicycling I've never been able to push myself on a bicycle to the point of getting any real aerobic benefit out of it. I did take a couple of trial classes at a local UFC kickboxing place. Those were enjoyable and, for me at least, very intense cardio workouts. Considering doing that a couple of times a week.

i like cardio that doesn't piss me off.

cardio that doesn't piss me off :

1. walking. when it isn't 50 degrees below a witch's tit, i walk everywhere. generally take a camera along, and snap shots of neat stuff i see. sometimes, i even get to fight off a feral wolf that some asshole has allowed to run the streets.

2. exercise bike. that's what i do all winter. gives me a chance to read books, watch TV series on netflix, and post here.

3. golf, pulling clubs. you would be amazed at how many calories you burn pulling clubs on the back nine. enough to float a pretty decent burger and fries.

downside to number 3 is that sometimes it actually does piss me off, especially hole 17, lol. still, it beats cardio that i hate.

4. bike riding. i took some time this past summer, and got out my old bike that i bought when i was 22 and never rode because **** exercise. fixed it up new, and started riding. great fun, but i decided to go all iron man and really hurt my hip. long story short, i decided to do some offroadin' because i was feeling all fresh and virile, and it's a mountain bike. i felt my hip go, made it back home, and then two days later, i learned how hard it can be to walk. after that, i stopped doing stupid stuff on it.

every year, i say i'm going to start jogging. it's just really hard to get started at it. maybe i'll do couch to 5k or something

OK, after I realized where I needed to click, I got a 190.

2014IQtest_zps8b3ec1d0.png

This type of test is a piece of cake for me.

Took it again, had to find out what was past Einstein :p. I cheated though since I took it again and used a calculator and scratch paper. The pattern ones will come if you look at it long enough, you'll slap yourself when you get it.

View attachment 67161470

Wonder what name and color they provide for that honors?
Well if you answer "I don't know" to everything, you get the following.

The testers obviously have a political bias.

test002.jpg

Well if you answer "I don't know" to everything, you get the following.

The testers obviously have a political bias.

test002.jpg

Obviously the test author is an asshole.

Took it again, had to find out what was past Einstein :p. I cheated though since I took it again and used a calculator and scratch paper. The pattern ones will come if you look at it long enough, you'll slap yourself when you get it.

View attachment 67161470

Patterns and sequences are easy for me. I think I spent more than 10 seconds only on the the one asking who lied.

Patterns and sequences are easy for me. I think I spent more than 10 seconds only on the the one asking who lied.

Really? So did you score 200? What character represents it? It took me about 45 minutes and I'm still not sure which one I missed.

So Da Vinci is greater than Einstein in terms of intelligence then huh?

View attachment 67161470

But what is next. Come on Verax you are nearly there!

140 ...but I have taken these kinds of tests before and done better.

Get Firefox or Google Chrome. It's free, and will give you a youthful outlook.

I don't know about Firefox, but Google Chrome is not for me - too much crap I'm not interested in - and I'm not interested in becoming a "youthful outlook" drone whose life is dictated by Google/Facebook, etc.

I don't know about Firefox, but Google Chrome is not for me - too much crap I'm not interested in - and I'm not interested in becoming a "youthful outlook" drone whose life is dictated by Google/Facebook, etc.
Firefox is great.
And it is up to you what you want to customize it with.
Download Firefox

Features.
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser

If you want, you can customize the way it looks as well.

I prefer the following skin/theme.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noia-4/

Back
Top Bottom