• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inferno

From the heart of the female Buddha Tara, rainbow light shines forth throughout the six realms of existence and the bardo--enveloping del wherever she is, purifying her karma, and infusing her with Tara's radiant blessings.

del's form dissolves into light and is absorbed into Tara's heart, a realm beyond the cycles of suffering, a realm of absolute purity and peace.

Sorry to hear that, was really hoping for a better outcome, at least she went peacefully, so that is some comfort. My condolences.

:hm
Condolences to all that were touched by Inferno. I barely knew her, but she did not take long to earn my respect. If one can do that on the internutz, I can only imagine what a force she was in Real Life. Hopefully Del's legacy will not be how many mourned her, but how many took up her causes, or their own, and made the world a better place, as she did, up until the end. R.I.P. and thanks for coming around to our neck of the woods. your time here was short but your impact immeasurable. I should be so fortunate.

Last edited:
To Del , Subby thought you were swell ! I will always remember the long debates, God Bless you.

:hm
Condolences to all that were touched by Inferno. I barely knew her, but she did not take long to earn my respect. If one can do that on the internutz, I can only imagine what a force she was in Real Life. Hopefully Del's legacy will not be how many mourned her, but how many took up her causes, or their own, and made the world a better place, as she did, up until the end. R.I.P. and thanks for coming around to our neck of the woods. your time here was short but your impact immeasurable. I should be so fortunate.

That was lovely, DeeJay.

May you touch those in Heaven as you touched all of us on Earth.

As a reminder of how you touched all of us here, I will never delete your last visitor message to me. It will remain here as a reminder of you.

God bless you, but please don't piss off God too much with your fiery debating style. I hear that his idea of a practical joke is to give someone a hot foot. Other than that, give 'em hell. The rest of us will be seeing you soon, so be waiting for us, and please have a Shiner Bock waiting for me when I get up there. Thanx in advance. :mrgreen:

Del, I knew you a short time, but we became fast friends. You opened your life-up to me and for that little kindness, I will cherish our friendship forever. You were a breath of life on this forum, showing how a person of true character could discuss any subject in a civilized and intelligent manner. My condolences to your family and to all here at DP, there is a void here that may never be filled.

Del,

You were an amazing woman. I will miss your passion, your kindness, your genuine concern for other people, your courage, and your big heart. Thanks for caring about me. Your presence here was a gift.

Michelle

RIP Del. I enjoyed our debates on PF. You were a warm and caring soul. We needed more people like you around.

I'm speechless. She touched my life in a great way. She was an inspiration and will remain so.

I emailed Katie this morning. Del has been cremated and her ashes are in Chicago. Alice and her mother are moving to France, to a house she and Del bought for their retirement.

Katie and Del's friends got together and reminsced about the old times. Del was such an inspiring activist her whole life and influenced so many people. It is heartening to see the response even here.

I'm here at this forum at Del's invitation, (and Lita's encouragement). I don't know if there is much point in staying now, I've been checking in here to get news about Del.

Rest in the nature of mind, Del. You are free!

I emailed Katie this morning. Del has been cremated and her ashes are in Chicago. Alice and her mother are moving to France, to a house she and Del bought for their retirement.

Katie and Del's friends got together and reminsced about the old times. Del was such an inspiring activist her whole life and influenced so many people. It is heartening to see the response even here.

I'm here at this forum at Del's invitation, (and Lita's encouragement). I don't know if there is much point in staying now, I've been checking in here to get news about Del.

Rest in the nature of mind, Del. You are free!
Wind mate, I came here because of Del and other friends of mine and Dels.

Del loved this place, she loved the fact that the refugee's had a home.

I would like you to stay.

My condolences to all that was next to her, I am sure she inspired many of her relatives and the persons next to her to lead a life in her sense.

The very best wishes to those persons to find the strenght not to be catched by sadness and bitterness that they lost her, but to appreciate the priviledge to have her as a part of their own lifes.

Rest in peace!

I was very saddened to hear this news. Inferno was the first of the "refugees" I had much contact with and she remained my favorite of the bunch. She never had an unkind word to say about anyone in all the PM exchanges and forum exchanges we had. I could have easily seen myself sitting at her feet listening to her stories of how it used to be for people like me and her, but I feel I've been robbed of that chance now. But Del is definitely in paradise now for no good soul is ever denied that end.

Godspeed, Inferno.

Del you were there when i needed someone. you were always there when i was lost and needed direction. i miss you yet i know that it will pass as all things do. thanks for being that mom that mother mother really couldn't be. thanks for being that light that set my feet correctly. thanks for all the days and nights of sharing. thanks for the love and the caring. may you rest well. may your ashes touch the feet of many as your tireless voice did. hugzzzz
Katie

More than once I cried as I read the posts here in this thread. I have wiped my eyes and gathered myself and looked for words to express my feelings. I would thank and hug each of you if I could. I would hold you all and sit and share her story. Her life. I married Del if not in the legal sense 37+ years ago in NYC. She was then a fire raging out of control an activist as I had never seen. I would temper that. She spoke in streets and universities. She marched in 40 states. There was no tempering Del. She was unbridled passion for her causes.

I thank you all for your loving words. I thank you all for the spirit that had you share those words. I thank you for Del the Inferno that I nor anyone could temper.

May you all find joy in your life. May you all find that place that brings you goodness and peace.

Love Alice
(Del's wife)

More than once I cried as I read the posts here in this thread. I have wiped my eyes and gathered myself and looked for words to express my feelings. I would thank and hug each of you if I could. I would hold you all and sit and share her story. Her life. I married Del if not in the legal sense 37+ years ago in NYC. She was then a fire raging out of control an activist as I had never seen. I would temper that. She spoke in streets and universities. She marched in 40 states. There was no tempering Del. She was unbridled passion for her causes.

I thank you all for your loving words. I thank you all for the spirit that had you share those words. I thank you for Del the Inferno that I nor anyone could temper.

May you all find joy in your life. May you all find that place that brings you goodness and peace.

Love Alice
(Del's wife)

When you get to France, please log in, and stay a member of DP. You will always be welcome here. :)

I was very saddened to hear this news. Inferno was the first of the "refugees" I had much contact with and she remained my favorite of the bunch. She never had an unkind word to say about anyone in all the PM exchanges and forum exchanges we had. I could have easily seen myself sitting at her feet listening to her stories of how it used to be for people like me and her, but I feel I've been robbed of that chance now. But Del is definitely in paradise now for no good soul is ever denied that end.

Godspeed, Inferno.
Jallers mate, Panties really liked you:)

Love Alice
(Del's wife)
Alice, I thank you for the time I had with my mate Panties.

Some of us are lucky to have a partner that gives us love and unswerving support, without my partner I would be lost.

Thank you Alice.

3 and a half years ago, I was looking for a political forum to start posting in. I checked out several, but decided on DP. What we see in this thread and in the thread memorializing cherokee is the reason I chose this place. The people. This is not just an internet forum. This is a community. The vets, those of us who post nearly every day, interact with each other, fight, laugh, and learn something new, gain a valuable camaraderie from being here; people become friends...REAL friends. I've learned to care about the folks here. Many others have learned the same lesson. Anyone who thinks that these are just bits, bytes, and bandwidth, hasn't opened up and hasn't allowed themselves to connect. DP is as real as people we hang out with in RL. The only difference is that when we get touched it's virtual, not physical. This distinction is on a horizontal plane, not on a vertical one. In other words, how people touch us in this plane of existence is not better or worse. It's just different and it can have the same meaning.

I'm late. Someone just reminded me that I am registered here. Just wanted to add my condolences.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvGzB3wz7U"]YouTube - Battlestar Galactica - Calling All Angels[/ame]

I'm "on hiatus" at the moment, but I did have to return and briefly say something also. Del inspired sharp political disagreements wherever she went per as a virtue of her nature as an "inferno," but I'm hard-pressed to cite an instance where she inspired genuine, lasting dislike. That's an ability that so many find difficult to master, but that someone with natural talents to promote fiery and spirited advocacy of the causes she believed in even while preserving the good nature of opponents could easily do. To someone with such powerful virtues, I can only say rest well now. :)

When you get to France, please log in, and stay a member of DP. You will always be welcome here. :)
I want to second that.

Love Alice
(Del's wife)
Again sorry for your loss, it is our loss as well, she was a great person, I could tell even in the limited time I had to interact with her. Hopefully you will grace us with your presence more once things settle down, I never fully agree with anyone, but am always up for great discussions with great people. For now, I hope you find comfort and solace in the memories of a great partner who lived a great life.

Back
Top Bottom