• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inferno

RIP Inferno, her time on the forum has bought enjoyment to people of all political affiliations. She will be missed

Last edited:
Folks, here at DP we have no system to show our respects to those we have lost. This is the second time in very short time that we have lost someone who has meant a lot to this forum and to people here. When cherokee passed away, Reverend came up with the idea to use his avatar as a way to memorialize him. Others have followed on done the same. I think this would be a wonderful idea to show respects to Inferno.

Del was an absolutely amazing and wonderful person and she will always hold a very special place in my heart. In the brief time that we talked on DP we became quite good friends. In her last PM to me, very shortly before she left, she gave me her e-mail so that we could keep in contact outside of DP. Unfortunately, we didn't have time or a chance to correspond with each other through e-mail.

Del, I will miss you tremendously and want to thank you so much for allowing me the absolute pleasure of getting to know you as well as I did.

RIP Del

Del was my friend and confidante.

Wow, I'm not sure what I can say. I knew Del from the PF forum while we never saw eye to eye on politics I always enjoyed talking Civil War History and General Military History with her.

The World is lesser place with out her in it. I send out my respect and effection to her family and hope they stay strong in this time of hardship.

For Del,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PyRlhYY_nM"]YouTube - Civil War Song "Chaplain" CD Title "No Longer Gray Or Blue"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaM_YZ5YlG4&feature=related"]YouTube - Dixie/ The Bonnie Blue Flag[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtnVSVnqro&feature=related"]YouTube - Pipes & Stripes: Battle Hymn of the Republic[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_na_m5O6QIQ&feature=related"]YouTube - WWII Trainers - Missing Man Formation Pass - Thunder Over Michigan 7/7-8/07[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5y2O_hv3I"]YouTube - Amazing Grace - Scottish Bagpipes[/ame]

On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we wont understand
Dont accept that whats happening
Is just a case of others suffering
Or youll find that youre joining in
The turning away

Its a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting its shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that were all alone
In the dream of the proud

On the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite
In a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
And mesmerized as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change
On the wings of the night

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
Its not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that therell be
No more turning away

Rest in peace, our friend Delores

My condolences to all of her friends and family. She was a wonderful person. I wish I could have gotten to know her better.

She shall not be forgotten.

Del's humor, kind heart and compassion for all humanity will be greatly missed.

She has a great spirit.

Rest my Friend.

The world is less bright.

The world is less fair.

The world is worse off.

My heart is broken.

My soul is crushed.

Del---I am so grateful at least---that your body can finally be at the rest you have so richly earned.

:hm

I am so sad about this news. R.I.P Del!!!

My thoughts are with her loved ones.

may your soul rest in peace my friend. I'm proud to know you and that I had the opportunity to communicate with you and be friends with you.

I miss you, but I believe I'll see you.

Rest in peace Del. You left a mark in the world. Not many people will do that in their lifetimes. You left many.

Godspeed.

Del, my friend, you will be greatly missed, as you have been already.

RIP Del/Inferno.

hiswoman-albums-thread-profile-stuff-picture620-a.jpg

When I Am Gone

When I am gone release me
Let me go, I have so many things to see and do
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears
Be happy that we had so many beautiful years
I gave to you my love
You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness
I thank you for the love you each have shown
But now it's time I travel alone
So grieve awhile for me, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by my trust
It's only for awhile that we must part
So bless the memories within your heart
I won't be far away, for life goes on
So if you need me, call and I will come
Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near
And if you listen within your heart you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear
And then when you must come this way alone
I'll greet you with a smile and say
"Welcome Home."
- Author Unknown

Oh, Inferno, you were anything but.

I will miss you.

I hope peace has come to her.

Poor Inferno. My thoughts are with her family and all those close to her.

I am glad she is not in pain anymore. She was a wonderful person. I will love her always.

del--

I start my 49 day practice for you now. I will pray for your swift rebirth in human form with the complete opportunity for enlightenment.

Since you liked to smoke so much, Im offering a sur practice--a smoke offering for 49 days.

I'm very sad to hear the news that Del has passed. RIP, Del .... I am honored to have 'met' you. Godspeed ....

My Vision

I posted this somewhere else---I hope it doesn't break any protocol to also post it here--it was a literal vision that came to me a few hours ago---

I was writing a friend who's not online much to let her know and had the most amazing vision of Del---

I had this visual of Del dancing and spinning
amongst the stars, full out laughing
tossing her head back.

Glancing here and there

At the whole lot of us

Texas to Sweden

Maine to England

Australia to Michigan

Illinois to Turkey

Israel to New York

France to Tennessee

There are no earthly bounds

for our friend anymore

She is at once fire and light

There have been many of us

For many weeks, as if souls wandering
the weeds seeking our friend and she has found us.

She has brought us together and she will live on

through us.

Her voice who spoke for so many

is not silenced;

it is passed on to us.

composed by tresh
inspired by Del

Back
Top Bottom