• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has the GOP joined Al Qaeda?

Oh I'm not saying it wasn't appropriate to discuss, it's just fine. The point is, opening the op you get the impression that only the GOP are supporters of al Qaida and that, simply isn't true.

Dishonest headline,even for a leftwing extremist. It's mainly the left that wants to cut Egypt aid,now that their heroes the Brotherhood are out. McCain and Graham are neocons like Obama and support the "Arab Spring".

•••Oh, I see. My "left wing extremist" glasses must need cleaning. :roll:

Except when they are banging with our bucks then we get the fallout (via terrorist attacks) from being "involved". ;)

The puppet master is expected to control their puppet.

•••Hey, I'm with you but apparently the USG doesn't agree with us. So, since we are about to give the gun away, who shouyld we give it to?

Not every Muslim, radical or otherwise, is a member of AQ.

Oh I'm not saying it wasn't appropriate to discuss, it's just fine. The point is, opening the op you get the impression that only the GOP are supporters of al Qaida and that, simply isn't true.

That wasn't the impression I meant to give. I'm discussing specifically the sudden GOP interest in honoring elections for no more reason than they think it's the opposite of Obama instead of for some actually useful reasoning.

•••Oh, I see. My "left wing extremist" glasses must need cleaning. :roll:

•••Hey, I'm with you but apparently the USG doesn't agree with us. So, since we are about to give the gun away, who shouyld we give it to?

Well since we are supporting an arms race "over there" we must naturally increase our own might - just to keep up with the threat that we are financing "over there". ;)

Everybody wins when we sell more arms - right?

Well since we are supporting an arms race "over there" we must naturally increase our own might - just to keep up with the threat that we are financing "over there". ;)

Everybody wins when we sell more arms - right?

I suppose. Our economy is deeply invested in weapons production. One of the few things we don't buy from China (although Israel makes many of our guidance systems...). Sure, you and I look at this craziness and scratch our heads but yes, we do support the world wide arms race. And if we didn't, I'm sure someone else would except they would be smart enough not to do it for free.

I suppose. Our economy is deeply invested in weapons production. One of the few things we don't buy from China (although Israel makes many of our guidance systems...). Sure, you and I look at this craziness and scratch our heads but yes, we do support the world wide arms race. And if we didn't, I'm sure someone else would except they would be smart enough not to do it for free.

Trust me when I say that the US arms industry does nothing for free. Even our congress critters are not likely to spend even other people's money for free, surely they get needed campaign cash in exchange for their generosity with our money. ;)

It does seem that whatever the Democrats and their Fearless Leader are for, the Republicans are against. Now, it has become completely absurd.

REPUBLICANS THROW SUPPORT TO AL QAEDA IN FIT OF STUPIDITY

So, Al Queda wins a "fair election:roll:" and begins converting their nation to Radical Islam. The Egyptian Military say "hell no" and kicks them out. Obama continues supporting the new "guys in charge". The Republican's, out of some incredibly dumb compulsion to oppose anything Obama does, want to cut off aid and help Islamic Terrorism reclaim their "rightful place" as rulers.

Really? Seriously? I suppose when a political party wants to commit suicide, you can't stop them. But this doesn't make me happy. Our country runs best when both parties have some moderating influence on each other. Seeing the GOP disappear fill me with fear, not joy.

Am I wrong? Should the GOP support the enemy? Or should we be relieved that the Military, who gets along with Israel for one thing, has traken the reins and lcked up the terrorists?

Please discuss.

The Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda?
The election was fraudulent?
The Muslim Brotherhood converted the nation to radical Islam?

:roll:

I can see you're looking to have a serious, non-lunatic conversation today.

Trust me when I say that the US arms industry does nothing for free. Even our congress critters are not likely to spend even other people's money for free, surely they get needed campaign cash in exchange for their generosity with our money. ;)

Surely you are right. I meant that the receiving countries get the guns for free while we Americans pick up the tab.

The Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda?
The election was fraudulent?
The Muslim Brotherhood converted the nation to radical Islam?

:roll:

I can see you're looking to have a serious, non-lunatic conversation today.

So, am I wrong? Is the MB a secular governing party? Do you think we should support them? Does the term Muslim Brotherhood not imply anything to you?

So, am I wrong? Is the MB a secular governing party? Do you think we should support them? Does the term Muslim Brotherhood not imply anything to you?

What does being Muslim have to do with being a member of Al Qaeda, fixing elections, and forcing radical Islam on people?

The Egyptian Military is much more likely to continue the armistice agreements with Israel and thus make life a little safer for America.

Our alliance with Israel is probably the single most dangerous foreign policy position in American history.

The cabal of Zionist-nationalist criminals in charge of Israel make the U.S. government look like Mother Teresa and our continued support for them is a sharp stick in the eye of every nation of the Arab/Muslim world.

We need to cut Israel loose and let the Arabs run them into the sea, or not.

However it shakes out, it's not our fault and it's only our problem because we make it so.

What does being Muslim have to do with being a member of Al Qaeda, fixing elections, and forcing radical Islam on people?

I suppose I find "Muslim Brotherhood" to resemble "Christian Democrats (or Republicans)". In short, I think governments should be secular.

Egypt and Turkey have been reasonable examples of secular governments and when your political parties name starts with a religion, I consider that dangerous. Obviously, that's just an opinion and maybe we would all be better off if we were led religiously.

Our alliance with Israel is probably the single most dangerous foreign policy position in American history.

The cabal of Zionist-nationalist criminals in charge of Israel make the U.S. government look like Mother Teresa and our continued support for them is a sharp stick in the eye of every nation of the Arab/Muslim world.

We need to cut Israel loose and let the Arabs run them into the sea, or not.

However it shakes out, it's not our fault and it's only our problem because we make it so.

Yes, well, I don't feel as strongly as you do about this but I won't deny that our relationship with Israel is problematic. But it is what it is and since it seems we would be defenders of Israel, we would be better off if there was less to defend.

I suppose I find "Muslim Brotherhood" to resemble "Christian Democrats (or Republicans)". In short, I think governments should be secular.

Egypt and Turkey have been reasonable examples of secular governments and when your political parties name starts with a religion, I consider that dangerous. Obviously, that's just an opinion and maybe we would all be better off if we were led religiously.

I don't care about your opinions on the Republican Party.

I'm asking you about your claims that the Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda, the election was fraudulent, and the Muslim Brotherhood forced radical Islam on Egypt. Do you actually have a basis for any of this claims or are you just such a foolish hack that you need to attack anything Republicans do no matter how foolish you sound?

But it's good to know you believe a ruthless dictator that the people overthrew, like Hosni Mumbarak, is an example of what you consider reasonable government.

I don't care about your opinions on the Republican Party.

I'm asking you about your claims that the Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda, the election was fraudulent, and the Muslim Brotherhood forced radical Islam on Egypt. Do you actually have a basis for any of this claims or are you just such a foolish hack that you need to attack anything Republicans do no matter how foolish you sound?

But it's good to know you believe a ruthless dictator that the people overthrew, like Hosni Mumbarak, is an example of what you consider reasonable government.

You don't care about my opinions of the Republican or Democrat parties? I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. Foolish hackery just ain't what it used to be. As a Republican Hack you didn't even see the D word in my statement ("Christian Democrats (or Republicans)"

As an American, I was completely happy when Ruthless Dictator Mubarak (or Mumbarak) was running things.

As for Al Queada and the MB, here, direct from a clearly RW source: (Muslim Brotherhood | therightplanet.com)

In the group’s belief, the Quran and Sunnah constitute a perfect way of life and social and political organization that God has set out for man. Islamic governments must be based on this system and eventually unified in a Caliphate. The Muslim Brotherhood’s goal, as stated by Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna was to reclaim Islam’s manifest destiny, an empire, stretching from Spain to Indonesia - See more at: Muslim Brotherhood | therightplanet.com

So, I'm terribly sorry if I've misspoken about your favorite party. Long Live The Caliphate.

You don't care about my opinions of the Republican or Democrat parties? I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. Foolish hackery just ain't what it used to be. As a Republican Hack you didn't even see the D word in my statement ("Christian Democrats (or Republicans)"

As an American, I was completely happy when Ruthless Dictator Mubarak (or Mumbarak) was running things.

As for Al Queada and the MB, here, direct from a clearly RW source: (Muslim Brotherhood | therightplanet.com)

In the group’s belief, the Quran and Sunnah constitute a perfect way of life and social and political organization that God has set out for man. Islamic governments must be based on this system and eventually unified in a Caliphate. The Muslim Brotherhood’s goal, as stated by Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna was to reclaim Islam’s manifest destiny, an empire, stretching from Spain to Indonesia - See more at: Muslim Brotherhood | therightplanet.com

So, I'm terribly sorry if I've misspoken about your favorite party. Long Live The Caliphate.

Yes, clearly I'm the one who is the "hack" for asking you to substantiate your claims that the Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda, the election was fraudulent, and the Brotherhood then imposed radical Islam on the people and your inability to respond in any intelligent way means they're my favorite party.

It's always good talking to you, specklebang. I'm going to miss your insightful viewpoints when high school starts up again in the fall.

That wasn't the impression I meant to give. I'm discussing specifically the sudden GOP interest in honoring elections for no more reason than they think it's the opposite of Obama instead of for some actually useful reasoning.

I see.

Yes, clearly I'm the one who is the "hack" for asking you to substantiate your claims that the Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda, the election was fraudulent, and the Brotherhood then imposed radical Islam on the people and your inability to respond in any intelligent way means they're my favorite party.

It's always good talking to you, specklebang. I'm going to miss your insightful viewpoints when high school starts up again in the fall.

I'm at least 5 years away from starting high school. My 3rd grade teacher gave me 3 gold stars though so I'm hoping to skip a year to 5th grade where I can learn all the important things about life and be able to more fully participate in these discussions.

What response are you actually hoping for? I posted a link that at least somewhat supported my positions. It was a conservative link, not Huffpo. Indeed, if you do a google search using EXACTLY what you said to me "Muslim Brotherhood is Al Qaeda, the election was fraudulent, and the Brotherhood then imposed radical Islam" you'll find I'm not alone in my thoughts.

I know that the MB is not your favorite party and I'm sorry I was reactive to being called a hack, which implies I have a specific agenda, which I don't. I'm an equal opportunity basher of either party.

It does seem that whatever the Democrats and their Fearless Leader are for, the Republicans are against. Now, it has become completely absurd.

So, Al Queda wins a "fair election:roll:" and begins converting their nation to Radical Islam. The Egyptian Military say "hell no" and kicks them out. Obama continues supporting the new "guys in charge". The Republican's, out of some incredibly dumb compulsion to oppose anything Obama does, want to cut off aid and help Islamic Terrorism reclaim their "rightful place" as rulers.

Really? Seriously? I suppose when a political party wants to commit suicide, you can't stop them. But this doesn't make me happy. Our country runs best when both parties have some moderating influence on each other. Seeing the GOP disappear fill me with fear, not joy.

Am I wrong?
Should the GOP support the enemy?
Or should we be relieved that the Military, who gets along with Israel for one thing, has traken the reins and lcked up the terrorists?

Please discuss.

Unfortunately there are some people in the GOP who would sign a deal with the Devil if it would get Barack Obama out of the White House.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Unfortunately there are some people in the GOP who would sign a deal with the Devil if it would get Barack Obama out of the White House.
"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Well, I can't equate this to "a deal with the devil" and certainly it won't have any impact on Obama's re-election plans. But it does seem to me like a pointless knee-jerk reaction based on sheer negativity. You'd think this would be either bi-partisan in nature or at least the other way around where Obama would be the "Muslim supporter" and the GOP would be against that. Instead, it's as if reality was turned on its head.

Does is seem somewhat ironic to anyone other than me that a lot of the Obama haters that are slamming him for not going for the throat of the Egyptian military, for overthrowing the duly elected "Muslim Brotherhood," are often the same people who will stop at nothing to stifle the duly elected president we have here in our own country?

Am I wrong? Should the GOP support the enemy? Or should we be relieved that the Military, who gets along with Israel for one thing, has traken the reins and lcked up the terrorists?

Please discuss.

I believe this to be a misinterpretation of the facts.

Number one - on what basis do you equate Egypt and Al Qaeda? There may be Al Qaeda factions in existence in Egypt but I'm not aware of anyone claiming that they were part of the Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood government.

Number two - it is Obama, on behalf of the United States government and its people, who has come out in support of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood government by questioning the actions of the army and claiming the Morsi government was legitimately elected and had a right to govern. Are you claiming that the Morsi opposition is affiliated with Al Qaeda?

Number three - the US has laws on its books requiring that all aid be cut off to countries that have been taken over by a coup d'etat. There can be arguments made on either side of the issue that the army's deposing of Morsi and replacement of him with an interim leader was a coup d'etat and aid should end until civilian rule is fully restored. Seems to me that the Republicans are taking the position that this was a coup and that aid should end. There are well-meaning people on both sides of the aisle who feel that American weapons should not be funded, provided, and used by a country's army to kill it's own people.

I believe this to be a misinterpretation of the facts.

Number one - on what basis do you equate Egypt and Al Qaeda? There may be Al Qaeda factions in existence in Egypt but I'm not aware of anyone claiming that they were part of the Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood government.

Number two - it is Obama, on behalf of the United States government and its people, who has come out in support of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood government by questioning the actions of the army and claiming the Morsi government was legitimately elected and had a right to govern. Are you claiming that the Morsi opposition is affiliated with Al Qaeda?

Number three - the US has laws on its books requiring that all aid be cut off to countries that have been taken over by a coup d'etat. There can be arguments made on either side of the issue that the army's deposing of Morsi and replacement of him with an interim leader was a coup d'etat and aid should end until civilian rule is fully restored. Seems to me that the Republicans are taking the position that this was a coup and that aid should end. There are well-meaning people on both sides of the aisle who feel that American weapons should not be funded, provided, and used by a country's army to kill it's own people.

I don't equate Egypt and Al Qaeda. I'm more equating the Muslim Brotherhood as Islamic Fundamentalists whose sympathies and affiliations are with Al Qaeda.

Yes, Obama speaks from both sides of his mouth. I'm not posting this as a "pro-Obama debate though. I'm just pointing out the ludicrousness of the GOP jumping onto the side of the MB for no other logical reason than trying to be the opposite of anything that Obama is "for" for 10 minutes until Obama changes his tune (again). Now, I bet that any minute now Obama will switch positions and be for the MB and then the GOP will suddenly be for the Military. That's just crazy.

As far as the "law" goes, there is no history to indicate we follow our own laws unless it happens to be convenient. So, this sudden need to follow the law seems to be much more because of Obama than what would be more sensible. Now, it's just my opinion that we're better off with a secular Egypt. I try to be wrong at least once a day.

Well, I can't equate this to "a deal with the devil" and certainly it won't have any impact on Obama's re-election plans. But it does seem to me like a pointless knee-jerk reaction based on sheer negativity. You'd think this would be either bi-partisan in nature or at least the other way around where Obama would be the "Muslim supporter" and the GOP would be against that.
Instead, it's as if reality was turned on its head.
this is not a problem which just sprung up, the GOP has been doing stuff like this for quite a while.

This will certainly not help the GOP with any plans for the future that it may have cooked up, but that's the GOP's problem. I have zero sympathy for the GOP.

Back
Top Bottom