• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese virologist: China's government 'intentionally' released COVID-19

Like Trump, who openly lied about the seriousness of the virus (and still does) causing thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Your comparison is just silly and lacking any perspective. It always amazes me what people are willing to compare the U.S. to in regards to other oppressive regimes. We live in one of the freest countries to ever exist in the history of human kind and people act like we have the Assyrian Empire.

Interesting, interesting...maybe this will help people forget that Trump lied about the virus, resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

At least the second time this thread has been started today...both times by Trump supporters. I'm sure that last bit has no relevance...right?

Hmm. Let's see....if I wanted to release a virus to infect the rest of the world in order to gain advantage for my nation, why on earth would I release it in my own borders? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to release it in another nation?

It's already investigated... :shrug: These charges were dismissed a long time ago....well, a long time ago by today's standards.

But, I would be down to have them investigated again...just not during an election cycle. We wouldn't want anyone to attempt to make a scapegoat out of China, in order to mask their own incompetence and win an election, would we?

From a purely common sense standpoint, though, since this is so suspect that it should be treated as an academic hypothetical, what possible reason do you think China would have to infect the world with such a disabling virus, when you consider their economic dependence on foreign trade? Surely they would know that if they were discovered, they would, as someone so eloquently suggested in one of these threads today, be annihilated... What's the reward worth the risk?
Remember, you're responding to the same idiots, many who believe the WTC towers were taken down with controlled nuclear explosions by a team of covert black-ops and pizza-gate and other tinfoil hat nonsense.

pants on fire.JPG

“This virus, COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 virus, actually is not from nature. It is a man-made virus created in the lab.”

Scientists worldwide have publicly shared the genetic makeup of the coronavirus thousands of times. If the virus had been altered, there would be evidence in its genome data.

But there isn’t. In March, several microbiology, infectious disease and evolutionary biology experts wrote in Nature — a respected scientific journal — that the genetic makeup of the coronavirus does not indicate it was altered.

Instead, scientists have two plausible explanations for the origin of the virus: natural selection in an animal host, or natural selection in humans after the virus jumped from animals

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus," the researchers wrote.

Here's How Scientists Know Coronavirus Wasn't Made in a Lab

Coming from CCP-controlled Hong Kong, the following may or may not be true
. . . the University of Hong Kong said in a July statement that Yan "never conducted any research on human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus at HKU during December 2019 and January 2020."

Before attacking the 'librul' PolitiFact website as just another propaganda outlet, try reading some of the links provided - or not, your choice because I know that reality has a tenuous connection to the beliefs of some who comment and some simply are unable to accept contradictions of their beliefs.

She probably couldn't because the government was cracking down on those who tried to counteract the State-sponsored spin.

That is almost irrefutable. Too many in knowledgeable professions have come forward with evidence of Chinese government subterfuge. Thanks!!

Garbage conspiracy thread needs to be moved to the garbage Conspiracy forum.

But they released it on their own people first.

Thats right.....they used there own people as the vector to spread it!

That shows just how much communists value human life.....

It's already investigated... :shrug: These charges were dismissed a long time ago....well, a long time ago by today's standards.

But, I would be down to have them investigated again...just not during an election cycle. We wouldn't want anyone to attempt to make a scapegoat out of China, in order to mask their own incompetence and win an election, would we?

From a purely common sense standpoint, though, since this is so suspect that it should be treated as an academic hypothetical, what possible reason do you think China would have to infect the world with such a disabling virus, when you consider their economic dependence on foreign trade? Surely they would know that if they were discovered, they would, as someone so eloquently suggested in one of these threads today, be annihilated... What's the reward worth the risk?

how the **** were her charges dismissed along time ago? did we have an insider whistleblowing to the fact that china virus was created WHEN THE "facts" were so called "checked"?

you can't cite a ****ing "fact check" from 3 months ago against a whistleblower who just recently came out with evidence... who the **** knows all that they can say she is wrong from 3 MONTHS ago?

no one thats who, except BSers nd those that are all too fond of allowing them to bull**** their propaganda everywhere.

WHY would they infect the world with a virus ? so they can destroy everyone else's economy, of COURSE, so they can be the leading economy and essentially take it all over.

Last edited:

Too bad Trump will not be able to use that as a basis for either starting said war or winning the election in order to get more time to start said war.
Rest assured, if the proof turns out to be indisputable, the global reaction would be much worse than ANY war.
China would be marked as a pariah nation of terrorists.
I don't think ANY rational nation would be willing to continue on any kind of beneficial footing with China if it came out that they engineered a global pandemic.

It still might form a basis for war anyway but I would suggest that it would be far better for the entire world to bond together and punish China in far more creative ways first.
The first thing that comes to mind for me is a long term plan to boycott, divest and sanction in unison, and to migrate ALL manufacturing interests OUT of China permanently. Next, complete freeze on all assets, and all debts owed to China are to be hereby canceled and nullified.

A war is exactly what a nation like China would want because they can bankrupt numerous countries simultaneously by doing that. Win or lose, there is no "win"...it would drag on virtually forever or escalate to world war, possibly even nuclear, because any nation that would consider spreading a pandemic on purpose can't be counted upon to not go nuclear.

Nope, sour the tit and starve the beast, that's the smarter option in the long run.
Not even Japan, South Korea, Vietnam or any other nation in their sphere of influence would want anything more to do with them. It would hurt like Hell but think about it, it already DOES hurt like Hell right now.

But they released it on their own people first.

You know, that would seem to make sense until you realize how China views their own people.
The Chinese government doesn't value human life except on a transactional level and people are expendable.
Crikey, they've got a billion and a half of them so losing a few hundred million wouldn't even be noticed, plus they've mounted a very stiff response inside their own borders, so it could be argued that they have it reasonably under control by comparison.
But again, in a dictatorship of 1.5 Bn, losing a few hundred million would actually be a plus.

Especially if they were thinking in terms of global political advantage.

Right wingers just immediately accept every goddamned thing they see on the internet, jesus.

We got tapes... :shrug: You've got a debunked whistle blower from the country you swear up and down can't be trusted. What, exactly, do you think we're worried about being upended?

You've got a whistle blower whose been deplatformed from twitter, facebook, you tube, and various institutional big tech oligarchies fearful that giving her opinion to the public access will expose their own "debunked" bunkery.

Of course you shouldn't worry about being upended - repression of narratives that undermine their own routine proclamations of excusive access to truth is always the first resort of "progressives".

China thanks the American progressives for their support of narrative repression, especially on behalf of China. Birds of a feather...methinks.

Last edited:
She probably couldn't because the government was cracking down on those who tried to counteract the State-sponsored spin.

It does not make sense that she could not LEAK it to anybody at the time. Plus, how did she manage to do it now? Did China stop being an authoritarian state cracking down on those who try to counteract the State-sponsored spin?

You know, that would seem to make sense until you realize how China views their own people.
The Chinese government doesn't value human life except on a transactional level and people are expendable.
Crikey, they've got a billion and a half of them so losing a few hundred million wouldn't even be noticed, plus they've mounted a very stiff response inside their own borders, so it could be argued that they have it reasonably under control by comparison.
But again, in a dictatorship of 1.5 Bn, losing a few hundred million would actually be a plus.

Especially if they were thinking in terms of global political advantage.

The Chinese leadership are known for their long term thinking and planning. What's a few of their own if it pays off in the long term.

I'm undecided if this is fact or fiction.
If true, it certainly is terrible, awful action, incomprehensible.
If false, it certainly needs to be proven as such beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I want more vetting as to the assertions of this account. The stakes are far too high if true.

Back
Top Bottom