• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese virologist: China's government 'intentionally' released COVID-19

From FACT CHECK: COVID-19 Whistleblower Li-Meng Yan Releases Paper With Other Scientists 'Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification' | Tech Times which as doing some fact chckcing.

Well, let's look at the preprint, see who else is on it. The other people on the claim are in a group that is associated with Steve Bannon, and are not known to have any kind of infectious disease background.

So, that bring a couple of strikes against it.

What do immunologists say about what the preprint says. We'll discount any chinese response, since there will be a conflict of interest there.

INtro into the section about the paper

and some indivual scientists

Due to the link to Bannon, and the response of various biologists around the world, I would say this paper , which has not found any publisher yet other than a non-peer reviewed 'pre-print' site, is pretty much discredited.

It does, as I have mentioned elsewhere, fit the profile of 'Let's blame China' that was leaked in an RNC memo. It's purpose seems to be to distracts from the absolute failure the current president had in handling this crisis.

I agree that it seems highly unlikely that this could be true.

I started this thread to see how different people apply "standards" when politics are involved and if/how those standards change when a negative impact to those politics is at stake.

So far it ain't looking good...

Stop watching Fox News before it dissolves what little is left of your brain.

Xi tells you all you need to know. Anything Xi doesn't tell you, you shouldn't know.

Democrats - the branch office of the CCP in America - nothing more.

As an aside... what about this story? More, less, equally credible?

ICE whistleblower: Nurse alleges 'hysterectomies on immigrant women in US' - BBC News

Also...my apologies for my initial snark. I tend to forget that you're pretty reasonable with me when we chat. I will admit to being a little triggered by the OP, due to the garbage nature of the other thread on the same topic. If I ever go off at you again, remind me of this post...lol... These are crazy angry times. I enjoy our discussions.

I agree that it seems highly unlikely that this could be true.

I started this thread to see how different people apply "standards" when politics are involved and if/how those standards change when a negative impact to those politics is at stake.

So far it ain't looking good...

If there wasn't any so much negative information against it, it would be good to look at the accusatoin. However, people DID look , and found the accusation not to be credible, for the specific reasons I mentioned (and a bunch more).

How about this one?

ICE whistleblower: Nurse alleges 'hysterectomies on immigrant women in US' - BBC News

Seems pretty similar in regard to evidence and believably. Can we dismiss it out-of-hand, too?

The allegation has been made. Specifics have been given. There is a path to investigation. One big difference between the covid 19 allegation and the nurses allegation is that the nurse was working at the site, and has first hand knowledge. It also from the complaint seems to center around 1 doctor (so far), so it does not appear to be a claim that it is malicious actions on the part of the government at large.

IMO, if these allegations prove to be true, it is a GOOD piece of evidence about why we should eliminate private detention facilities and prisons in the USA.

The allegation has been made. Specifics have been given. There is a path to investigation. One big difference between the covid 19 allegation and the nurses allegation is that the nurse was working at the site, and has first hand knowledge. It also from the complaint seems to center around 1 doctor (so far), so it does not appear to be a claim that it is malicious actions on the part of the government at large.

IMO, if these allegations prove to be true, it is a GOOD piece of evidence about why we should eliminate private detention facilities and prisons in the USA.
The Chinese woman ALSO claims she was working on site and has first hand knowledge.

The Q is strong in this thread.

Since when do countries start pandemics in their own cities with the hopes they'll reach across an ocean?

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

From the articles I saw, her job was in Hong Kong.

"I work[ed] in the WHO reference lab, which is the top coronavirus lab in the world, in the University of Hong Kong. And the thing is I get deeply into such investigation in secret from the early beginning of this outbreak. I had my intelligence because I also get my own unit network in China, involved [in] the hospital ... also I work with the top corona[virus] virologist in the world," she said.

Seems pretty on site and first hand to me...

of course by Trump supporters.. the leftists want nothing to upend their narrative.

Which narrative are you referring to?
Trumps lack of handling this crisis does not change whether the virus was "natural" or man made. He still lied about it.

Seems pretty on site and first hand to me...

Because people who work in hospitals have access to highly secret government facilities. .. Got you.

Because people who work in hospitals have access to highly secret government facilities. .. Got you.

Her claim, not mine...

Yan, who said she was one of the first scientists in the world to study the novel coronavirus, fled China and currently fears retaliation. She was allegedly asked by her supervisor at the University/WHO reference lab, Dr. Leo Poon, in 2019 to look into the odd cluster of SARS-like cases coming out of mainland China at the end of December 2019.

Whistleblower. Claims first hand knowledge.

Apples/Apples

of course they did, plausible deniability. do you really think the CCP cares about their people?

plus they knew they could contain it with their heavyhanded tactics.

Makes no sense since even if it had been released in Mexico or even in the US plasusible deniability would have still existed.

Meanwhile, the older adults here can still remember how those who defected Iraq made false claims about Saddam and the WMD because they wanted a regime change! This is much more plaussible than th scenarios about the Chinese supposedly plan to attack the US!

Last edited:
Twitter has shut down her account.
This means that it was absolutely false........or true.

Twitter is just obeying orders from Beijing.

Her claim, not mine...

Whistleblower. Claims first hand knowledge.

Apples/Apples

Nope, not at all. The reason is 1) Evidence (or lack there of), 2) The association with Brannon 3) The lack of good information in the alleged paper that was put out, that doesn't meet the technical and medical qualifications to be published,

What the nurse whistle blower has is 1 ) Personal knowledge of the exact doctor involved (something that is lacking with Yan) 2) Working on the exact site in which it was alleged to have happened, and 3) Enough information with access so that investigators can make first hand confirmation. 4) THe nurse is also not using claims that have been debunked .

Mind you, that doesn't mean it happened. It just does not have all the very large red flags of being false. It still has to be confirmed with independent sources.

The Chinese woman ALSO claims she was working on site and has first hand knowledge.

And her claim does not pass basic scrutiny...

If she HAD that type of inside first hand knowledge information, she would have defected and revealed it long time ago or pass such information to others abroad.
Right now, the scenario I hear presents this supposedly concerned "whisttelower," as a person who at for months on information that she supposedly had about a Chinese plan to launch a biological attack

People need to apply common critical thinking skills

If she HAD that type of inside information, she would have defected and revealed it long time ago.

People need to apply common critical thinking skills

She did and it is in the OP link.

In your case I think I'd focus on basic reading comprehension before moving on to the more advanced "critical thinking".

She did and it is in the OP link.

In your case I think I'd focus on basic reading comprehension before moving on to the more advanced "critical thinking".

I did not see it in February or March even though the attack was supposedly launched at the end of 2019 in the Wuhan area.

So, where was she when Trump and Pence were actually praising the Chinese goverment in the early February of 2020 for its coronovirus transparency?

Feb 7, 2020

Vice President Mike Pence: China has shown 'unprecedented' transparency on coronavirus

When you manage to make an argument to counter my point, then you will start applying critical thinking skills. Right now, you just swallow claims you hear just like any gullible person does!

Last edited:
But they released it on their own people first.

The Chicoms have proven that they're willing to lose millions to achieve an objective.

If she HAD that type of inside first hand knowledge information, she would have defected and revealed it long time ago or pass such information to others abroad.

She probably couldn't because the government was cracking down on those who tried to counteract the State-sponsored spin.

This thread is full blown lunacy.

I hate the CCP, but the idea they released a massively infectious disease on the world... That there’s no way they could control.

In order to... Damage the West?

But they damaged themselves...

And did far more draconian lockdowns which would have been far more damaging to their economy than most other countries did...

Yeah... Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom