• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chinese virologist: China's government 'intentionally' released COVID-19

Obama heavily funded the SARS-2 bioweapon, but it was crafted at the Wuhan lab.

Intel Shows Obama Administration Funded Wuhan Lab In 2015 - Conservative Daily News

It was crafted in the US (at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina), China (Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China), and Switzerland (the Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona Institute of Microbiology, Zurich, Switzerland) to be specific. Check the sources of the paper.

It also directly involved the US federal government, specifically: The National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas

Ohh look, a "left check," how convincing...

:lamo Yes, yes, don't worry, we already know the how the right looks when they're running away. But tap on the head for yet another great example.

It was crafted in the US (at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina), China (Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China), and Switzerland (the Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona Institute of Microbiology, Zurich, Switzerland) to be specific. Check the sources of the paper.

It also directly involved the US federal government, specifically: The National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas

Lot's of research done. but all evidence points to the actual crafting of the virus in Wuhan. It was a joint venture between Obama and Xi, no question. A means of quelling uprisings.

:lamo Yes, yes, don't worry, we already know the how the right looks when they're running away. But tap on the head for yet another great example.

It amazes me that the Communists think that their fake "fact checkers" impress anyone.

My favorite is;

{ The Bee’s viral satire of progressive politicians is apparently intolerable, and so Snopes has taken upon itself the task of fact-checking satire. Go to the site, type in “Babylon Bee,” and you’ll find page after page of fact-checks.

Snopes has fact-checked whether Democrats demanded that “Brett Kavanaugh submit to a DNA test to prove he’s not actually Hitler.” It’s fact-checked whether Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez repeatedly “guessed ‘free’ on TV show ‘The Price is Right,’” and whether Ilhan Omar actually asked, “If Israel is so innocent, then why do they insist on being Jews?” Perhaps my favorite (non-political) fact check was of the Bee’s “report” that VeggieTales had introduced a new character named “Cannabis Carl.” If you peruse Snopes’s many, many Babylon Bee fact-checks, you’ll find it’s quite diligent in policing hits on progressive politicians and far less concerned about the Bee’s many satirical swipes at Trump.}

Snopes & Babylon Bee -- Site Keeps 'Fact-Checking' Satirical Babylon Bee | National Review

Communists are retards, their "left checkers" have zero credibility. Moron Marxists on fascistbook and Twatter impress themselves that radical leftist hacks from old media purport to hold themselves as arbiters of truth. In reality the left checkers are just part of the Bolshevik echo chamber that defines the CCP press in general. They convince no one. Marxists say "see, I told you Orange Man Bad," where reasonable people ignore the dishonest hacks.

Interesting, interesting...maybe this will help people forget that Trump lied about the virus, resulting in tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

At least the second time this thread has been started today...both times by Trump supporters. I'm sure that last bit has no relevance...right?

Should we dismiss this out-of-hand without further investigation, then?

Is that your position?

It was definitely released in China, but SARS-CoV-2 was created in the US, not China. Both China and Switzerland had a hand with the creation of SARS-CoV-2, but it was primarily a US project. An illegal one at that. The National Institute of Health had banned all funding of risky viral research between 2014 and 2017. The US created SARS-CoV-2 in 2015.

A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence - Nature Medicine, Volume 21, Pages 1508–1513 (2015)

"Nature Medicine"

:lol:

"Nature Medicine"

:lol:

Don't look now, but your ignorance is showing - again.

In review, the Nature Journal publishes research and news on a wide variety of sciences. There is minimal bias such as this: How evolution builds genes from scratch. This report like all others is properly sourced to research. In general, this is a highly respected and credible scientific journal.

Nature - Media Bias/Fact Check

We simply DON'T KNOW.....

There are many theories as to how it came to be.

Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

Chinese Whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan Blames Dr. Fauci for COVID-19 Outbreak Coverup | Tech Times

WHO Concession: China Never Warned It About Coronavirus Outbreak | Newsmax.com

No time to list all the stuff on the internet...

Fact At This Moment In Time....

NONE OF US KNOW HOW IT CAME ABOUT.

We need information... not drama spin .....

Our matter at this very time, is how to mitigate the spread...
and
We do know that Wearing Mask, Avoiding Crowds and Sanitizing is the best defense we have...

We may never know how it actually started...
Just like we to this date don't know who was behind the killing of President Kennedy

As long as we back the attack on News,
claiming everything to be fake it makes it more difficult to know what is true of this virus origins

Last edited:
It amazes me that the Communists think that their fake "fact checkers" impress anyone.

My favorite is;

{ The Bee’s viral satire of progressive politicians is apparently intolerable, and so Snopes has taken upon itself the task of fact-checking satire. Go to the site, type in “Babylon Bee,” and you’ll find page after page of fact-checks.

Snopes has fact-checked whether Democrats demanded that “Brett Kavanaugh submit to a DNA test to prove he’s not actually Hitler.” It’s fact-checked whether Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez repeatedly “guessed ‘free’ on TV show ‘The Price is Right,’” and whether Ilhan Omar actually asked, “If Israel is so innocent, then why do they insist on being Jews?” Perhaps my favorite (non-political) fact check was of the Bee’s “report” that VeggieTales had introduced a new character named “Cannabis Carl.” If you peruse Snopes’s many, many Babylon Bee fact-checks, you’ll find it’s quite diligent in policing hits on progressive politicians and far less concerned about the Bee’s many satirical swipes at Trump.}

Snopes & Babylon Bee -- Site Keeps 'Fact-Checking' Satirical Babylon Bee | National Review

Communists are retards, their "left checkers" have zero credibility. Moron Marxists on fascistbook and Twatter impress themselves that radical leftist hacks from old media purport to hold themselves as arbiters of truth. In reality the left checkers are just part of the Bolshevik echo chamber that defines the CCP press in general. They convince no one. Marxists say "see, I told you Orange Man Bad," where reasonable people ignore the dishonest hacks.

:lamo Communists and "retards", huh... Thanks for showing the intelligence and class of some of Trump's supporters.

Awkward note, I didn't actually cite Snopes. But, hey, way to write a bunch of words to embarrass yourself. That was what you were trying to do, right?

So, whistle blowers should never be believed?

LOL; in case anyone missed the fact the the democrats are just the branch office of Communist China in America..
Lol. As Trump cries and pleads with China for help with the election.

70CC9C1E-2EDB-4225-929D-09CEE10363D8.jpg

Should we dismiss this out-of-hand without further investigation, then?

Is that your position?

It's already investigated... :shrug: These charges were dismissed a long time ago....well, a long time ago by today's standards.

But, I would be down to have them investigated again...just not during an election cycle. We wouldn't want anyone to attempt to make a scapegoat out of China, in order to mask their own incompetence and win an election, would we?

From a purely common sense standpoint, though, since this is so suspect that it should be treated as an academic hypothetical, what possible reason do you think China would have to infect the world with such a disabling virus, when you consider their economic dependence on foreign trade? Surely they would know that if they were discovered, they would, as someone so eloquently suggested in one of these threads today, be annihilated... What's the reward worth the risk?

It's already investigated... :shrug: These charges were dismissed a long time ago....well, a long time ago by today's standards.

But, I would be down to have them investigated again...just not during an election cycle. We wouldn't want anyone to attempt to make a scapegoat out of China, in order to mask their own incompetence and win an election, would we?

From a purely common sense standpoint, though, since this is so suspect that it should be treated as an academic hypothetical, what possible reason do you think China would have to infect the world with such a disabling virus, when you consider their economic dependence on foreign trade? Surely they would know that if they were discovered, they would, as someone so eloquently suggested in one of these threads today, be annihilated... What's the reward worth the risk?

It seems highly unlikely that this could be true, yes.

As an aside... what about this story? More, less, equally credible?

ICE whistleblower: Nurse alleges 'hysterectomies on immigrant women in US' - BBC News

It seems highly unlikely that this could be true, yes.

I agree. It seems pretty far fetched. But even if it were true, what does it change? If it were an attack on America, then America failed to protect itself. Who do you blame for that? Honestly, if it turns out to be a Chinese act of aggression, that looks even worse on Trump, not better, as while debate can be had around what a president can do during a health crisis, there should be far less discussion around accountability in a failure to protect America from an act of war.

Probably best for conservatives to let this one simmer until after the election...and while that might seem like snark (and might be, just a little bit...hehe), that's also very sound advice I'd rather not give, considering that I really hope you guys get a new president.

So you think her claims shold be dismissed without further investigation, then?

From FACT CHECK: COVID-19 Whistleblower Li-Meng Yan Releases Paper With Other Scientists 'Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification' | Tech Times which as doing some fact chckcing.

Well, let's look at the preprint, see who else is on it. The other people on the claim are in a group that is associated with Steve Bannon, and are not known to have any kind of infectious disease background.

Yan was accompanied by three researchers affiliated with the Rule of Law of Society, which is not particularly known for working on infectious diseases Moreover, it appears as though the Society was founded by a former POTUS adviser that was recently charged by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for fraud, along with Guo Wengui, a Chinese businessman who fled China back in 2014 due to bribery charges and more.

So, that bring a couple of strikes against it.

What do immunologists say about what the preprint says. We'll discount any chinese response, since there will be a conflict of interest there.

INtro into the section about the paper

Since speaking up about the apparent origin of COVID-19, many experts around the world have decided to share their thoughts about the controversial virologist, including her colleagues, with many saying Yan's research has no scientific basis.

and some indivual scientists

This pre-print report cannot be given any credibility in its current form," said Andrew Preston, a microbial pathogenesis expert from the University of Bath in the UK.
Arinjay Banarjee, a virologist at the McMaster University, said, "All DNA sequences in nature have restriction sites, and it is not surprising that the SARS-CoV-2 genome also has restriction sites. The evidence presented here is anecdotal."

Banarjee is also skeptical about Yan's claims that the furin-cleavage, a part of the coronavirus' protein spike, was deliberately added to the virus.

Meanwhile, a University of California evolutionary biologist, Jonathan Eisen, said that the paper is "filled with unsubstantiated claims," while another evolutionary biologist from the University of Washington, Carl Bergstrom, called the paper "bizarre and unfounded."

Due to the link to Bannon, and the response of various biologists around the world, I would say this paper , which has not found any publisher yet other than a non-peer reviewed 'pre-print' site, is pretty much discredited.

It does, as I have mentioned elsewhere, fit the profile of 'Let's blame China' that was leaked in an RNC memo. It's purpose seems to be to distracts from the absolute failure the current president had in handling this crisis. Source

So you think her claims shold be dismissed without further investigation, then?

Yes because there isn't a single shred of evidence that supports her claim and frankly even the notion that they would do so is so nonsensical as to be utterly ridiculous.

As an aside... what about this story? More, less, equally credible?

ICE whistleblower: Nurse alleges 'hysterectomies on immigrant women in US' - BBC News

Honestly, not sure... It seems laughable... There's a lot of bad stuff going on in America, but this level of Dr. Evil is hard for me to imagine. Contrary to how I come off here, I hold America in pretty high regard, though that has more to do with the first 38 years of my life, rather than the last four. I still find myself surprised when the bar drops. I would not be instinctively inclined to believe this.

That said, it comes from the BBC, who arguably maintains a greater level of objectivity than Fox, though you know Brits and their love of sensationalism.

I don't know, man, basically. :shrug: I weighed in on this one because I had already done the research from when Trix posted the same story. I would have to do the same for this, though if this were happening, I doubt it would be as easily researched. Covid research is available from all around the world, on a subject that is affecting literally everyone. What happens in ICE facilities is a lot less transparent, so being able to decide for myself would be a lot more difficult. Whenever that's the case I try hard to not form too strong of an opinion.

But, between you and me, without any further evidence, this one looks a little sketch. I just can't imagine you guys have gone that far. I just can't. I guess I land on "say it ain't so".

Back
Top Bottom