• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why always Guns Not Peace !!

Oh Really !!! I dont think so !! I feel people who wanna own gun to protect themselves actually don't respect the human life !!! read the history, there is a mass murder after the introduction of gun powder. Because its considered as easiest way to kill people. Its not about just protecting yourself, Its also like your killing a life man. think properly.

That's B.S. I respect human life. I just respect mine more than yours.

Ya of course your right, but I dont wanna know about the fact by reading the amendment of a country who first ever nuked and second largest nuke stockpiles in the world and killed many peoples upto the date.

I am not talking about which kills most people and, I just want to differentiate us from animals. Even animals are way better than us most time

Then go live with the animals. Get back to us when you rediscover civilization, that is if you don't get eaten. Weapons are tools to keep rogue hairless monkeys from doing ill.

Sure, how likely are you to attack someone with a gun? Not very.

So how much more likely is a person to use a gun when they or angry if one is easily available to them? (I'm not being snide) I can see your point if you were to phrase it that guns help keep innocent people safe, but I'm struggling with the guns keep peace line. Of course you may not have been trying to provide a real answer.

I'm sorry but I just can't respond to a post that starts with, "Like why". :lol:

Yep. It's just another uneducated (on the subject) gun hater with an agenda, and nothing to back up a word they say... the norm.

The Communists tried the love and peace thing in Russia, taking away the people's guns after the revolution. It didn't end well for them. . .

Like why its always about guns guns guns than making peace. Its not about toughest gun law or protecting yourself. why people don't solve problems as a 6 sense human than hunting each other like dogs. We are being created as most intelligent creature in this world, but mostly I don't find any difference between dogs and human. its feels same to me.:(

I support gun rights. I respect all life. I'm vegan and ecocentric.

I never saw this guy say he doesn't support the right to own guns. Rather, he seems to be expressing the entirely rational sentiment that gun ownership is difficult to square with a respect for human life.

Like why its always about guns guns guns than making peace. Its not about toughest gun law or protecting yourself. why people don't solve problems as a 6 sense human than hunting each other like dogs. We are being created as most intelligent creature in this world, but mostly I don't find any difference between dogs and human. its feels same to me.:(

Equating bad people with dogs is insulting to dogs. Dogs (and their closer relatives) don't seriously wound or murder each other nearly as much as humans do.

Oh Really !!! I dont think so !! I feel people who wanna own gun to protect themselves actually don't respect the human life !!! read the history, there is a mass murder after the introduction of gun powder. Because its considered as easiest way to kill people. Its not about just protecting yourself, Its also like your killing a life man. think properly.

Nonsense. Even a cursory study of pre-gunpowder history reveals we were killing each other in LARGE QUANTITIES, and engaging in genocide and murder of innocents, LONG before anyone ever invented the first gun.

You must have very little knowledge of history to make such a claim.

Ya of course your right, but I dont wanna know about the fact by reading the amendment of a country who first ever nuked and second largest nuke stockpiles in the world and killed many peoples upto the date.

I am not talking about which kills most people and, I just want to differentiate us from animals. Even animals are way better than us most time

Not really. Animals kill each other quite a lot. Ask any rabbit what they think of foxes and wolves. :)

And animals do kill their own kind under some circumstances. Both domestic tomcats and male lions will sometimes slaughter the kittens of a rival when they take over a territory or pride with females, both to induce the females to be ready to mate again sooner and to reserve the resources of their territory for their own offspring.

Many varieties of animals will kill and eat their own young if food is extremely scarce.

Are you sure you've studied animal behaviors, or are you simply pontificating from some idealized-and-unrealistic view of animals?

If you had a gun in your home, would you use it on another person unless your life or the life of a third party were in danger by that person? No? Welcome to the club.

We all value life. Some of us just value our own and that of our loved ones over those who would cause harm to ourselves or others.

Essentially, firearms help to protect you from becoming a victim so long as you are a reasonable and responsible person. Furthermore, criminals are far less likely to attempt violence against you if they know that you are armed. In addition, a room full of responsible gun owners who are carrying is a very polite room.

In these ways, responsibly owned and used firearms promote peace.

Ya man you guys respect humans and value. But logically like what I mean is when a person comes to beat you and if you have gun, psychologically 99 % you will point gun on him or may be shot him. I know its makes sense to protect yourself, but i don't feel that's the only way to protect yourself. thats what I mean.

There are other ways to protect yourself.... such as hand-to-hand combat, pepperspray, a good stick and a little knowledge, and so on.

However, those ways don't always work as well as a gun. They work poorly for people who are small or weak or timid, or who are elderly or disabled or in poor health. They don't work so well for anyone when the criminal is armed or has buddies with him.

Like them or not, guns are the ultimate equalizer for the honest citizen against the criminal.

You wish to characterize gun owners as not respecting life... this is a simplistic viewpoint. For instance, I value the lives of my family and children far higher than I do that of some criminal who breaks into my home in the middle of the night... which is why I'm willing and ready to shoot him if need be. Burglars don't always just want your money and your TV, you know... sometimes they want your ass or your life... it happens more often than most people know or wish to think about.

I think you are overstating your case and making some questionable assumptions.

1) You are presuming we are "created" rather than "evolved". If god just popped up and put us here, then frankly it didn't do a very good job. If it took millions of years to transition from a bacteria to a fish to a monkey to a Neanderthal to a "human", then the tit-for-tat society is almost an inevitability.

2) Intelligence is the problem, not the solution. My cats can't manufacture guns. Humans can and do.

3) Intelligence is linked to greed. Greed is linked to power. Power is linked to force. Force is linked to guns.

I never saw this guy say he doesn't support the right to own guns. Rather, he seems to be expressing the entirely rational
sentiment that gun ownership is difficult to square with a respect for human life.

I find it difficult to square a lack of self defense and the defense of others with a respect for life.

I find it difficult to square a lack of self defense and the defense of others with a respect for life.

Respect for life requires exhausting all nonlethal self defense options before restoring to deadly force. This includes a moral duty to retreat rather than employ deadly force in defense of property.

Respect for life requires exhausting all nonlethal self defense options before restoring to deadly force. This includes a moral duty to retreat rather than employ deadly force in defense of property.

Nonsense. Standing by while oneself or others are attacked or put in life threatening danger is disrespect for life. As an eocentric vegan, I need not heed common ego and anthropocentric murder gobblers going on about how it's ok to threaten others.

Nonsense. Standing by while oneself or others are attacked or put in life threatening danger is disrespect for life. As an eocentric vegan, I need not heed common ego and anthropocentric murder gobblers going on about how it's ok to threaten others.

Take your hippie credentials elsewhere, i dont give a **** about them. Retreat is always a moral obligation prior to use of deadly force.

Take your hippie credentials elsewhere, i dont give a **** about them. Retreat is always a moral obligation prior to use of deadly force.

No, it is not. The moral obligation was on the one who presented the threat in the first place. If someone threatens me, it is not immoral for me to respond with force.

People who kill animals for food should not be telling anyone about respecting life, and spare me the ~"you should flee your own home to protect the life of a home invader".

Realism, I has it.

To secure Peace is to prepare for War...

Back
Top Bottom