• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why always Guns Not Peace !!

Oh Really !!! I dont think so !! I feel people who wanna own gun to protect themselves actually don't respect the human life !!! read the history, there is a mass murder after the introduction of gun powder. Because its considered as easiest way to kill people. Its not about just protecting yourself, Its also like your killing a life man. think properly.

if its inevitable that a life is about to taken and its between mine and yours...I'm gonna make damn sure its yours, not mine......i am not going to sacrifice my life because somebody else wants to commit a crime

Like why its always about guns guns guns than making peace. Its not about toughest gun law or protecting yourself. why people don't solve problems as a 6 sense human than hunting each other like dogs. We are being created as most intelligent creature in this world, but mostly I don't find any difference between dogs and human. its feels same to me.:(

Peace is a fictional utopian ideal. It has never existed in the history of human beings.

Oh Really !!! I dont think so !! I feel people who wanna own gun to protect themselves actually don't respect the human life !!! read the history, there is a mass murder after the introduction of gun powder. Because its considered as easiest way to kill people. Its not about just protecting yourself, Its also like your killing a life man. think properly.

Take your own advice, and learn some history. The first man-portable gun was a steel tube that took roughly a minute to load after each shot. This being in a time when the arrow, the sword, the halberd, and the pike could kill far more people in a shorter amount of time. It's common sense, man. Put down the joint, sober up, and join the real world.

Yea, um I respect my life and the lives of my loved ones. Do or threaten harm, and your life becomes meaningless and worthless to me.

Like why its always about guns guns guns than making peace. Its not about toughest gun law or protecting yourself. why people don't solve problems as a 6 sense human than hunting each other like dogs. We are being created as most intelligent creature in this world, but mostly I don't find any difference between dogs and human. its feels same to me.:(

WTF? I guess you have never heard of a colt PEACEKEEPER!:mrgreen:

I will put your posts on the "not to be taken seriously" nonsense list.

Is English your first language? are you an American citizen

Yeah if some asshole forces their way into my house I am NOT going to respect or value their life, I value mine and my families over theirs. And that includes my dog.

True, I respect the lives of me, my wife and my son SO MUCH I am going to do my very best to KILL anyone who would threaten those lives

Ya man you guys respect humans and value. But logically like what I mean is when a person comes to beat you and if you have gun, psychologically 99 % you will point gun on him or may be shot him. I know its makes sense to protect yourself, but i don't feel that's the only way to protect yourself. thats what I mean.

Of course not. If you are much bigger and stronger than the person who wants what you have, you can stop him from taking it. On the other hand, if you are smaller and weaker than the other person, you have no choice but to give them whatever they want. Isn't that how animals do it? In your world, only the fittest, strongest, biggest survive.

It's an important life lesson. There is a segement of any human population that will of course solve problems reasonably. It's the other (25?) percent that will only take advantage of that approach and corrupt it, use it against you, etc., and will certainly not stop at violence or fraud to get what they want. This is why the carrot/stick approach is iconic, you get reasonable people with carrots, and the bad eggs with a stick. It was popularized in philosophy by Machiavelli, better to be feared than loved if you cannot be both. Fear of course being analogous to a firearm here. It's important to understand these concepts otherwise you may end up with some peace loving idealist who tries to hold society together with roses and friendliness (only carrots), to find that the bad elements in society simply don't respond to that, and overtake the rest (and thank you as they imprison, torture, kill, steal, whatever). Notice if you had to choose one, choosing fear ensures you'll keep the bad element in line, and the good guys? They gripe about all the fear mongering but they are good guys/gals, they will still follow the rules....

Ya man you guys respect humans and value. But logically like what I mean is when a person comes to beat you and if you have gun, psychologically 99 % you will point gun on him or may be shot him. I know its makes sense to protect yourself, but i don't feel that's the only way to protect yourself. thats what I mean.
What kind of train wreck are you? I wanna look away, but just for the shear entertainment value I cant.
I guess what you are saying is if someone wants to beat me up, I should just let them?
And if you are going to say "shot him", make it funny and say 'CHOOT 'EM!!!!!!!
Come to beat me up, pappy say "CHOOT 'EM!!!!!!

It's an important life lesson. There is a segement of any human population that will of course solve problems reasonably. It's the other (25?) percent that will only take advantage of that approach and corrupt it, use it against you, etc., and will certainly not stop at violence or fraud to get what they want. This is why the carrot/stick approach is iconic, you get reasonable people with carrots, and the bad eggs with a stick. It was popularized in philosophy by Machiavelli, better to be feared than loved if you cannot be both. Fear of course being analogous to a firearm here. It's important to understand these concepts otherwise you may end up with some peace loving idealist who tries to hold society together with roses and friendliness (only carrots), to find that the bad elements in society simply don't respond to that, and overtake the rest (and thank you as they imprison, torture, kill, steal, whatever). Notice if you had to choose one, choosing fear ensures you'll keep the bad element in line, and the good guys? They gripe about all the fear mongering but they are good guys/gals, they will still follow the rules....

Great explaination

Like oh em gee I'm like totaly sheeer.

:confused:

:doh

:lamo

My train of thought upon seeing this thread.

Then you advocate banning all governments from owning guns?

Governments refuse to disarm.

Then it seems you don't respect your own life.

Not that simple, stop pretending that it is.

Not pretending, guns do keep peace. I didn't say that is the only thing that keeps peace. We will never have 100% peace so you might as well quit pretending that we can.

Not pretending, guns do keep peace. I didn't say that is the only thing that keeps peace. We will never have 100% peace so you might as well quit pretending that we can.

Guns don't always keep the peace or always make things more peaceful, its not that simple, don't pretend it is.

Guns don't always keep the peace or always make things more peaceful, its not that simple, don't pretend it is.

My point is, banning guns or restriciting them is not the answer.

Okay, so when Freddie Felon walks up to me and demands my wallet, what should I do? Should I just give it to him? How about when his friend Bennie Burglar breaks into my home?.... Should I help him carry my television out to his car?

The reality of the situation is that we must maintain the ability to defend ourselves because there ARE people out ehre who are unwilling to live within the law and who are more than willing to take your property and your health if they believe it will benefit them.

We need guns to maintain peace, if we trust police and military to be the only ones with guns, you won't like the type of peace you'd be living under.

If all humans were logical and rational, and had their needs met, then we could start getting rid of guns, but even then there are wild animals that still hunt humans, so, it's not necessarily just defense against other people, but personal defense against animal attacks. But truly, if a person is sufficiently desperate, they become little better than animals in their actions... If a bear is coming at you, what do you figure the odds are that you can end the encounter rationally?? I say this because a criminal in action is as dangerous as a bear, bears might just knock you down and leave, or it could just as easily kill you on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom