• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What a turn on....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
.... he told me he's been in the Army for 15 years and is the regional coordinator on a project for the Pentagon. I find military men soooooo sexy.

What are some of your turn-ons?

.... he told me he's been in the Army for 15 years and is the regional coordinator on a project for the Pentagon. I find military men soooooo sexy.

Trust, but verify.

An intelligent man, who has a biting sense of humor, and is comfortable in his own skin.

Yes, there is something about a man in uniform. :)

Any geek or nerd will be turned on by the other person knowing what obscure thing you have or interested in is. It's like going from isolation to acceptance in one statement. :mrgreen::lol:

Any geek or nerd will be turned on by the other person knowing what obscure thing you have or interested in is. It's like going from isolation to acceptance in one statement. :mrgreen::lol:

Everybody is like that. So what?

Everybody is like that. So what?

It is fairly rare to find folks interested in it, in comparison with, say, hiking? Besides, this is my sexuality, not yours. If you don't like it, too bad. :2razz:

Whoa, TMI! You can have it.

Whoa, TMI! You can have it.

Yeah, I enjoy having conversations about things like Tocqueville and Collingwood with women. I'm sharing far too much. Cover the children's ears.

I have come to realize what works for me actually.

I tend to prefer women who have had a hard life, are a bit tough minded (there is a certain type of tough mindedness that comes with struggle that I seem to be attracted to), can be a bit nerdy and awkward at times, tends to have similar interests to me, oriented towards parenthood (in my experience, their parenting styles match mine), and knows who they are and is ready to fight for what they believe in. Inside that hard outer shell is a very sweet and loving person who just wants to be happy and is capable of great amounts of joy when things are going well. A person like this is who they are and is never ashamed of themselves.

So basically, in this area, that seems to equate to a southern, nerdy, badass type.

Unfortunately these people seem to not be common, I only meet someone like this every few months. But we hit it off every time and without a hitch, conversation and spending time just happens on its own.

The last few women I have been seriously attracted to (at least in a way deeper than just looks) have been variations on this theme.

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoy having conversations about things like Tocqueville and Collingwood with women. .
Jeez..

I am sure they are riveted...:yawn:

I go for unconventional above all else. Conformity is the one trait that turns me off the most.

This whole silly notion that men are from Mars and women are from Venus and that there are these dating rules to follow -- not for me. I want somebody unique and original, and not just like everybody else.

An intelligent man, who has a biting sense of humor, and is comfortable in his own skin.

Would you settle for two out of three?

My skin and I have been running a raging battle with one another.

The ability and intellectual curiosity to have deep conversations about topics outside of the immediate.

Into fitness / other shared interests

I think what Jody describes is a fetish. Most of us have them. Having been a military man, a military policeman and a bartender I know that each has its own groupies. Take the man out of the uniform, position of authority or out from behind the bar and the particular fetish no longer applies.

My turn ons:

Unconventional women
country girls
intelligent, self confident women
women with long hair and glasses
women with a wry sense of humor
nurses in white uniforms (they no longer exist)
brunettes
brown eyes
Latin ladies: French, Columbian, Cuban, Mexican, Nicaraguan, Salvadorian
Mediterranean women
women with foreign accents

Yes, there is something about a man in uniform. :)

lsutrancheerleader1_display_image.jpg

Jeez..

I am sure they are riveted...:yawn:

Like I said, it is rare for folks to have read or do what I care about doing. I get a feel for the academic or the intellectual type.It feels good to share rather than be the only one. If it bores and annoys the other person, then we increase the chances of both being bored or annoyed. No great loss for me.

Like I said, it is rare for folks to have read or do what I care about doing. I get a feel for the academic or the intellectual type.It feels good to share rather than be the only one. If it bores and annoys the other person, then we increase the chances of both being bored or annoyed. No great loss for me.

There must be a specific dating site for people like you..Thank God I haven't found it!!

There must be a specific dating site for people like you..Thank God I haven't found it!!

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I get turned on when my wife does classically feminine things. Cooking in particular. Especially if she's doing it in nothing but an apron.

I also like it when she pretends not to want sex and I have to hold her down and take it.

Also boobs.

Submissiveness, obedience, a very traditional viewpoint on the world, the ability to cook, clean, and do laundry.

Submissiveness, obedience, a very traditional viewpoint on the world, the ability to cook, clean, and do laundry.

:roll:

Back
Top Bottom