• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender woman goes off on GameStop employee

No one is forcing you to discuss my comment with me in your thread.

No doubt. Never claimed otherwise. It was just more interesting, to me, than the other conversation about PC games vs video games or whatever.

No doubt. Never claimed otherwise. It was just more interesting, to me, than the other conversation about PC games vs video games or whatever.

BS. You were claiming victim.

No surprise you ate that cop's victim routine hook line and sinker. You know you brought that racist cop story up, right? That's not anyone else's fault. That's on you.

What was the “lie”?

That he can't do his job, serve justice, and you have to pay because of black people.

It was a racist cop giving you a racist narrative. You should have reported him.

I know it’s wrong but I can’t help but find it funny that the giant lady with the deep ass voice is like, “how dare you call me sir”. :lol:

And the statement "obvously I'm not a sir." Talk about gender stereotyping! :lol:

That’s pretty much true of every video that’s existed in the history of the world.

:2razz: Not everyone thinks before they post.

Seen the video.

I'm glad I don't work at Gamestop. Seems plenty of morons go there to start ****. I think the one in the wrong here was obviously the transgender woman. She was yelling at him for not getting money back for something, and then she got even worse when someone called her "sir". Damaging property is also a no-no. Plenty of better ways to handle that than what she did.

SHE? look at him! He's over 6 feet tall built of muscle and threatening other people with physical violence over minor slights, in what possible characteristic can this person be described as a "SHE" in any meaningful way? Now being a woman is as easy as stealing your sisters hoodie evidently.

the video does not show what happened before the video

I agree, I was hoping to binge a 60 million year video showing the age of the dinosaurs up to this gamestop confrontation.

Initially I only heard the audio on the radio on the way into work and did not see what the lady looked like. I will say, in all fairness to the lady, she does give some visual cues that she IDs as a woman.

That is exactly why many feminists, particularly lesbians, do NOT accept a man can just suddenly claim he's female for dressed as most females do. Being female is NOT putting on makeup and a bra. Rather, that is 100% sexifying women and declaring that is all that women are - eye candy.

What does the person being trans have to do with anything?

Ummm, because the reason there is a video is because he flips out that some woman didn't immediately catch on to his delusion and then he threatened to basically "take this outside and settle it like men"

PC is for everything. You also don't have to upgrade more than once every few years if you get something with decent power and a dedicated video card. Further, you can actually keep playing on it, and maybe use lower settings vs consoles where once they come out with the new platform you can no longer play the new games that come out. The PS5 is being released NOV 2020, just 3 years from the PS4. The cost really isn't different because you're still spending money on getting a computer anyways so the cost is only upgrading to a stronger platform that is being compared to a console. An Xbox One is $500 and a PS4 Pro is $400. For that cost you can easily buy/build a computer strong enough to play any game for a few years.

My current laptop plays what I need to and it's 4 years old. I play Total War: Warhammer, Witcher 3, Shadow of War. I'm just now soon going for a new platform.

The PS4 came out in 2013, so that's 7 years of console. That's a good run. There was a time when it was closer to 5 years. If I can get 7-8 out of a console, I'm happy. So with a PC, I can upgrade every few years to replace perhaps power supply, but vid cards and such. Or I can sit on a console for 7 years and be good with it. No "lower settings" because everything made for a console is customized to that console, the hardware is standardized across the board.

Furthermore, there is back-gen support particularly for more popular titles. The PS3 had games for it continuing to be released for awhile after the PS4. At some point, that does stop because we push to the new gen, but it's not some cliff. I know people who still play PS3, though mine is exclusively a Hulu/Prime/Netflix/BluRay box for the living room TV, lol.

I have a gaming rig, I certainly am not as on top of replacing/upgrading as I used to be, too expensive. But it plays WoW well, it plays my Steam games well, I have a flight sim controller for it. I had tried flight sims on console, they're not bad, but I think the last actual flight sim controller I got for one was for Ace Combat 5 back on I think it was the PS2. I didn't like it mostly because consoles is for the couch, and it's harder to have a big bulky controller sitting on a coffee table or something. I have a proper desk for my PC, so it's more accommodating for large controllers. I remember when Steel Battalion came out for the XBox, that thing had a ridiculous controller with it. People had to build special furniture almost to accommodate it.

And while I can buy a console controller for a PC...I have the PS/XBox/Switch, so I can use that instead. And the Switch is pretty great, it's easy to just take that little guy around as a portable device. My gaming laptop was hardly "portable" due to its weight, lol. So for "serious" gaming I use console. For playing with friends who have moved away, I mostly use console. For MMOGs, I use PC.

The poor flustered clerk:

"I didn't say 'sir'! I didn't say 'sir'! I said you both. I said both of you. I said both of you guys."

:lol:

But the raging customer lets that slide. She's not like, "you guys?!" Just let's it slide. I can only imagine the clerk's relief when that didn't start a new rage topic.

How did "guys" fall out of his mouth? So funny. It's like he was wrought with guilt and just had to finish the sentence. Nothing could have forced that "guys" out of my mouth; poor kid.

"you guys" is a generalized term for a group of people. There was a woman complaining about the cursing, and she was also covered under the term "you guys". Hell, I use dude for everyone too. It's no longer gender specific.

"you guys" is a generalized term for a group of people. There was a woman complaining about the cursing, and she was also covered under the term "you guys". Hell, I use dude for everyone too. It's no longer gender specific.

I wouldn't have admitted it under those circumstances. He knew he was in dangerous territory as soon as it came out of his mouth, "like neutral!"

The funny part is that wasn't what he was defending against ("sir"). He was adding fuel to the fire in attempt to defend himself. Classic.

I don't think the kid was hating, just flustered.

Last edited:
How can you be sure? Have you watched every video ever made?

:lamo Yeah, everyone on earth can be sure no video recorder recorded anything before it is recording.

Hate speech. Dehumanization.

Oh the inhumanity! That person is a criminal for the property destruction. Often I refer to violent criminals as "monsters." Would you like that better? It is not hate speech to call a violent person "it" NOR to call a man a "he" if that is how the person sees it.

That person is NOT a female in my opinion. Has nothing to do with hate. I don't hate transgenders. Actually, there are very, very few people I hate - and if I do it is for their behavior.

Last edited:
Oh the inhumanity! That person is a criminal for the property destruction. Often I refer to violent criminals as "monsters." Would you like that better?

Like I've never seen someone try to backpedal a bigoted remark before.

"It" was in reference to gender ("//") not crime.

You're committing the abuse the customer merely imagined (from what we see in the video).

I bet you think that's cute.

Last edited:
BS. You were claiming victim.

Where?

No surprise you ate that cop's victim routine hook line and sinker. You know you brought that racist cop story up, right? That's not anyone else's fault. That's on you.

I own what I post as you do too. You were the one that brought up race, and made a statement about what would most assuredly happen if the lady in this case had been black. It brought to my mind an experience I had that possibility counters your claim, which I suspect is the real problem here.

It brought to my mind an experience I had that possibility counters your claim, which I suspect is the real problem here.

You think a cop pushing a racist narrative counters the existence of white privilege?

Ummm, because the reason there is a video is because he flips out that some woman didn't immediately catch on to his delusion and then he threatened to basically "take this outside and settle it like men"

It is a little funny that the person who was all, “clearly I’m a woman” also threatened to show the employee outside what it was to be a man.

You think a cop pushing a racist narrative counters the existence of white privilege?

I guess the cop’s comment could indicate racism by implying that the kid should not have been held to the same accountability on the basis of skin color but **** dude, you do that all the time.

I guess the cop’s comment could indicate racism by implying that the kid should not have been held to the same accountability on the basis of skin color but **** dude, you do that all the time.

The cop is claiming that justice cannot be served, and white people must pay, because of black people. That's textbook racist.

If a black cop told you, "sorry, I can't serve justice because of white people, so you gotta pay", would you buy that?

You should have reported his remark. He was claiming he is unable to do his job because of black people. That's a problem cop.

Like I've never seen someone try to backpedal a bigoted remark before.

"It" was in reference to gender ("//") not crime.

You're committing the abuse the customer merely imagined (from what we see in the video).

I bet you think that's cute.

I can laugh at anyone I care to and that person deserves it. I've noticed you haven't criticized "her" behavior.

I'm curious. How do any of you know the gender of the employee? Under current PC rules, how do you know the gender of anyone?

Back
Top Bottom