• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender woman goes off on GameStop employee

Oh no you don’t.

Oh-yes-i-did-you-mad-or-nah...-Meme-Image.jpg

Do kids somehow not know about the internet and Amazon and stuff? Why go to a store to get PS2 memory card or complain they don't have one?

I have no idea. The whole store visit was surreal.

There was a time when working at a game store was a dream job for some nerdy gamer. Before gaming started to become "mainstream" and everyone and their dog fashioned themselves some gamer type. People used to be a bit more chill. But since now everyone has games and it's "cool" to be a gamer, you get all types in there. Some hot-headed douchebag who thinks he's in the NFL because he plays Madden exclusively or some other ****. I wouldn't do that job now, too many spoiled ass kids who can't understand gaming roots, too many dumbass adults who can't control themselves.

That being said, Gamestop these days sucks, I don't go there.

A store for console kiddies is never going to be cool. Cool gamers play PC games. And mostly games from Paradox. All other gamers are inherently inferior.

A store for console kiddies is never going to be cool. Cool gamers play PC games. And mostly games from Paradox. All other gamers are inherently inferior.

PC is for MMOGs.

PC is for MMOGs.

Pretty much every game is better on a PC. Very small number of them are better on a console...like maybe football games and...ummm...racing games? Even then, you can get console style controlers for PCs. In reality, consoles are bringing the entire gaming industry down as they want to make games that port easily across both PC and console platforms so the interfaces and such suck to accommodate the more limited consoles.

Pretty much every game is better on a PC. Very small number of them are better on a console...like maybe football games and...ummm...racing games? Even then, you can get console style controlers for PCs. In reality, consoles are bringing the entire gaming industry down as they want to make games that port easily across both PC and console platforms so the interfaces and such suck to accommodate the more limited consoles.

PC is for MMOGs.

Consoles give a stable platform for which games can be developed for several years. PC, you have to continually upgrade parts and it gets annoying. It's far more expensive than consoles. I have a gaming rig, it's pretty much just a Blizzard/Steam box. Built a gaming laptop too awhile back, but I actually don't use that so much any longer. But my consoles get most of my love.

White privilege. A black person kicks something over in a store, they're going to jail.

White privilege. A black person kicks something over in a store, they're going to jail.

Totally anecdotal, I know, but a couple years ago, I was involved in a fender bender and the driver of the other vehicle was entirely at fault (just have to trust me on that) and also just happened to be African American. The white cop investigating the accident flat out told me he didn’t want to give the other driver the ticket he deserved because he didn’t want to be perceived as ganging up on the black kid.

Totally anecdotal, I know, but a couple years ago, I was involved in a fender bender and the driver of the other vehicle was entirely at fault (just have to trust me on that) and also just happened to be African American. The white cop investigating the accident flat out told me he didn’t want to give the other driver the ticket he deserved because he didn’t want to be perceived as ganging up on the black kid.

Racists cling to those stories like pure gold, feeding each other.

If the cop wasn't a racist piece of crap, he wouldn't need to worry. But he is a racist, and he has problems, and he blames them on black people. And you believe him because you want to.

So you met a racist cop and he gave you a racist story. Good for you.

Racists cling to those stories like pure gold, feeding each other.

If the cop wasn't a racist piece of crap, he wouldn't need to worry. But he is a racist, and he has problems, and he blames them on black people. And you believe him because you want to.

I believe who? The cop? Yes, I believe he didn’t give the kid a ticket for the reason he told me.

I believe who? The cop? Yes, I believe he didn’t give the kid a ticket for the reason he told me.

Typical racist rhetoric.

Typical racist rhetoric.

If you’re saying race should not have been brought in as an issue at all, I agree, however I don’t see how a cop giving a black kid a break means he’s racist.

If you’re saying race should not have been brought in as an issue at all, I agree, however I don’t see how a cop giving a black kid a break means he’s racist.

Racist cops say what you describe all the time: "It's because black people." Don't be so blind.

Last edited:
Racist cops say what you describe all the time. Don't be so blind.

I totally expect you’ll flip your lid but it honestly sounds to me that you’re going to label a white cop as racist regardless of what he does/doesn’t do.

It sounds to me that you’re going to label a white cop as racist regardless of what he does/doesn’t do.

What the cop claimed is flat-out racist. Anyone, but you, can see that. That you take it for fact is telling.

Last edited:
What the cop claimed is flat-out racist. Anyone, but you, can see that. That you take it for fact is telling.

Do you think there was some other unstated reason he didn’t give the kid a ticket? I suppose he could not have believed what I told him happened but just didn’t want to say so but his report sure read like he believed me.

Do you think there was some other unstated reason he didn’t give the kid a ticket? I suppose he could not have believed what I told him happened but just didn’t want to say so but his report sure read like he believed me.

Your "story" is a clumsy dog whistle. Nothing more.

"I once got screwed and the cop said it was because of black people!"
"Yeah, me too!"
Klan meeting begins.

Last edited:
PC is for MMOGs.

Consoles give a stable platform for which games can be developed for several years. PC, you have to continually upgrade parts and it gets annoying. It's far more expensive than consoles. I have a gaming rig, it's pretty much just a Blizzard/Steam box. Built a gaming laptop too awhile back, but I actually don't use that so much any longer. But my consoles get most of my love.

PC is for everything. You also don't have to upgrade more than once every few years if you get something with decent power and a dedicated video card. Further, you can actually keep playing on it, and maybe use lower settings vs consoles where once they come out with the new platform you can no longer play the new games that come out. The PS5 is being released NOV 2020, just 3 years from the PS4. The cost really isn't different because you're still spending money on getting a computer anyways so the cost is only upgrading to a stronger platform that is being compared to a console. An Xbox One is $500 and a PS4 Pro is $400. For that cost you can easily buy/build a computer strong enough to play any game for a few years.

My current laptop plays what I need to and it's 4 years old. I play Total War: Warhammer, Witcher 3, Shadow of War. I'm just now soon going for a new platform.

Your "story" is a clumsy dog whistle. Nothing more.

"I once got screwed and the cop said it was because of black people!"
"Yeah, me too!"
Klan meeting begins.

Well, this was only a matter of time. :lol: You said the cop was lying to me, but when I ask what he was lying about you’re all, “you’re a Klansman”. Sounds legit. I didn’t make up the story, if that’s your allegation and the kid not getting a ticket actually didn’t screw me, at all. His insurance still got my car fixed.

Back
Top Bottom