• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth About the Covington Catholic Story. CNN and Others Push False Story Again!

I'm going to dig into this a little later. Normally I tend to ignore this manufactured outrage crap, but I'm really curious about the MAGA catholic school and want to know a little more about the NA guy's activist background.

You might want to start with the National Review.

Yesterday I pointed out that the National Review had printed an article which "crucified" the boys and their school ... only to delete it about 12 hours later.

"Less than 12 hours after publishing the sharp toothed hit piece, “The Covington Students Might as Well Have Just Spit on the Cross”, National Review quietly purged the article from its website after facts came out vindicating the students in the viral video, which purportedly showed the Catholic high school students surrounding and intimidating a Vietnam veteran.

The article, which condemned the Catholic school students as anti-Christian, was written by National Review deputy managing editor Nicholas Frankovich. It was published at nearly 3 a.m. this morning, and was erased from the website by 3 p.m. in the afternoon. ..."

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/natio...comparing-maga-kids-to-spitting-on-the-cross/

Yesterday evening the National Review published a new article:

"Nathan Phillips Lied. The Media Bought It."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/nathan-phillips-lied-the-media-bought-it/

You might want to start with the National Review.

Yesterday I pointed out that the National Review had printed an article which "crucified" the boys and their school ... only to delete it about 12 hours later.

"Less than 12 hours after publishing the sharp toothed hit piece, “The Covington Students Might as Well Have Just Spit on the Cross”, National Review quietly purged the article from its website after facts came out vindicating the students in the viral video, which purportedly showed the Catholic high school students surrounding and intimidating a Vietnam veteran.

The article, which condemned the Catholic school students as anti-Christian, was written by National Review deputy managing editor Nicholas Frankovich. It was published at nearly 3 a.m. this morning, and was erased from the website by 3 p.m. in the afternoon. ..."

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/natio...comparing-maga-kids-to-spitting-on-the-cross/

Yesterday evening the National Review published a new article:

"Nathan Phillips Lied. The Media Bought It."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/nathan-phillips-lied-the-media-bought-it/

I've be on that later this afternoon, but headlines indicate CNN issued a retraction/apology.

Do you know why the Catholic school kids were wearing MAGA hats? That doesn't fit any sane narrative I can think of.

When this story first broke I was furious at what I saw and I wasn't too happy with your comments or others defending this kid. But once again, you turned out to be right and the story turned out to be just another example of the horsesh** race baiting crap liberals throw out there.

But this shows that you don't know how evidence works and Im guessing its because you dont use evidence to form your beliefs.........you probably use faith alone. I could be wrong, but so far that's what you have proven. If all the available evidence seems to show white kids with MAGA hats harrassing native americans...........it means that it wasn't put out there nefariously. So many conservatives just don't know how evidence works and how to use it to form conclusions.

I've be on that later this afternoon, but headlines indicate CNN issued a retraction/apology.

Do you know why the Catholic school kids were wearing MAGA hats? That doesn't fit any sane narrative I can think of.

Who cares?

Don't take someone else's stupid question and turn it into yours. Makes you sound ignorant.

By the way, the NYT has also printed a "corrected" version ... this time stating the actual facts ... for once. ;)

Maybe because they were allowed to? They were going to a political rally after all.

I bet nobody on the left would ask the same stupid question if the boys were wearing pink ***** hats. :lamo

We would just so we could get a good laugh at conservatives being completely confused on the answer. Its the entertainment that money doesn't have to buy.

We would just so we could get a good laugh at conservatives being completely confused on the answer. Its the entertainment that money doesn't have to buy.

Yeah, but unfortunately for you, it's only a wet dream ... :lamo

Ah yes, those scary right wingers who just stand there and smile when confronted.

Be on guard or some young right winger might also smile at you. The horror.

Yes, lets pretend there was just one teen.

Yeah. An anti-abortion rally or whatever.

It was a pro-life march. It wasn't a Trump rally, unless I missed something.

I hope they didn't wear them at the march. There's something so ironic about wearing the political slogan of a man who was pro-choice and pro-partial birth abortion on your hat while marching against abortion.

This confirms my claim that the Left can't be trusted with our civil rights.

It was a pro-life march. It wasn't a Trump rally, unless I missed something.

I hope they didn't wear them at the march. There's something so ironic about wearing the political slogan of a man who was pro-choice and pro-partial birth abortion on your hat while marching against abortion.

Well, contradictions aside, a lot of MAGA supporters are anti-abortion, so I don't really see that as particularly odd.

I take back what I said about the kid "facing off" with the older man. I stand by what I said about the kids mocking the Native Americans with the hand chops and mock singing. To me it is like saying "Ching chong, ching chong" or making slant eyes to an Asian person. But that is typical teenage insensitivity that many of us suffered from at that age. I know I did.

Well, contradictions aside, a lot of MAGA supporters are anti-abortion, so I don't really see that as particularly odd.

Okay. I do. And I've never seen high schoolers on a school trip to DC wearing political slogans on hats. What is the correlation between making America great again (which is always has been, Trump and his followers' hatred of America aside) and abortion?

Okay. I do. And I've never seen high schoolers on a school trip to DC wearing political slogans on hats. What is the correlation between making America great again (which is always has been, Trump and his followers' hatred of America aside) and abortion?

Well, this is a private catholic school, so keep in mind they probably have different rules for dress code than public schools. I think it's just kids that support Trump, want to express their support for him, whilist also touting the anti-abortion banner. And the school probably allowed them to wear those hats. That, or the chaperones were very careless. But I lean towards the former. I don't think there's much more to it than that.

Well, this is a private catholic school, so keep in mind they probably have different rules for dress code than public schools. I think it's just kids that support Trump, want to express their support for him, whilist also touting the anti-abortion banner. And the school probably allowed them to wear those hats. That, or the chaperones were very careless. But I lean towards the former. I don't think there's much more to it than that. :shrug:

I know they have different dress codes in school. They weren't in school.

So you think the school passed out political campaign ads for Trump when they were supposed to be marching for the unborn? Never heard of a school doing that.

This confirms my claim that the Left can't be trusted with our civil rights.

Because our free speech offends you?

Back
Top Bottom