• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Department of Public Safety confiscates jars of feces from pro-abortion protest

Re: Texas Department of Public Safety confiscates jars of feces from pro-abortion pro

No, it doesn't. The second paragraph follows from the first, sigh, and specifically speaks to those who want to throw excrement and etc. He is addressing the Austin protesters against Senate Bill 5.

Anyway, I can't recall in my life anybody collecting feces and urine to throw in protest of a legislative vote. Can you? Ever?

I guess that is evidence that the protesters are very, very angry.

Re: Texas Department of Public Safety confiscates jars of feces from pro-abortion pro

The DPS issued a press release on what it had found so far:

Abortion Regulations Bill Nears Final Vote | The Texas Tribune

class act pro choicers

so you want to throw crap and piss have your children hold up signs saying they want to have sex with senators and a few other disgusting comments
And you want us to respect your choices when you dont have any respect for others

Those signs said they did NOT want to have sex with senators.

And it is impossible to claim that even a libertarian has a shred of respect for the choices of others if they are trying to close down abortion clinics by unconstitutional state laws that impose an undue burden on a woman who is seeking an abortion and an abortion clinic that is offering them. Any libertarian who is not pro-choice is not a libertarian.

Those signs said they did NOT want to have sex with senators.

And it is impossible to claim that even a libertarian has a shred of respect for the choices of others if they are trying to close down abortion clinics by unconstitutional state laws that impose an undue burden on a woman who is seeking an abortion and an abortion clinic that is offering them. Any libertarian who is not pro-choice is not a libertarian.

not if you believe a fetus is a human especially after 20 weeks and deserves all the rights of individual liberty that all other mankind has the right to

my libertarian beliefs are so sound and true i apply them to all humans even the ones that are not born yet and the worse why to violate some ones liberties is to kill them

your rights to individual liberty does not give you the right to voilate others individual liberties

Last edited:

And abortion clinic staff in America are responsible for the homicides of well over 50 million innocent human beings, a death toll you can't reach by comparing with any known terrorist organization; you'd have to compare with state actors for that - specifically the likes of Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, or Hitler.

Nope the whole world is responsible for the ''homicides'' of well over 1 billion humans that were dumb at a stack of rocks

Take a look and see

Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973

I guess that is evidence that the protesters are very, very angry.

Oh, to be sure. And gathering with others to rant is what people do.

What they cannot do, what crosses the line, is preventing elected reps in their own building from doing their work.

This was wrong.

Bringing in stuff to pelt the Senators with--that’s assault. Also wrong. The protestors who planned to do this are, to be kind, lacking in good judgment and maturity. No respect for the law and no understanding of the boundaries of public behavior anywhere, much less the Senate gallery.

What their jars of feces and etc., which are indefensible, suggest is folks who are unhinged and need to be supervised. They do the pro-choice movement no service. Those who are pro-choice and also sane (the majority) should strongly disavow these protesters’ behavior and distance themselves—shun the crazies.

I'm only sorry that their names aren't known to all their neighbors and coworkers. Maybe they can have cute pink t-shirts made up that read "I pooped, and I'm proud!" or "It's my rectum--stay out of it!"

As I mentioned in another thread one should not assume that the protesters wanted to throw the jars of feces

If they were going to throw them that would be very stupid. I would not assume they would throw them.

18 jars were found and we do not know If 18 people brought one jar each or 1 or 2 people brought them.( more likely )
How does anyone know they planned to throw them? Perhaps they were going to put them into a pile , jar s intact and tell the Texas Congress that the bill they were passing was a pile of c--p just like the pile of jars they brought.

not if you believe a fetus is a human especially after 20 weeks and deserves all the rights of individual liberty that all other mankind has the right to

my libertarian beliefs are so sound and true i apply them to all humans even the ones that are not born yet and the worse why to violate some ones liberties is to kill them

your rights to individual liberty does not give you the right to voilate others individual liberties

ZEF's have no liberties

As I mentioned in another thread one should not assume that the protesters wanted to throw the jars of feces

If they were going to throw them that would be very stupid. I would not assume they would throw them.

18 jars were found and we do not know If 18 people brought one jar each or 1 or 2 people brought them.( more likely )
How does anyone know they planned to throw them? Perhaps they were going to put them into a pile , jar s intact and tell the Texas Congress that the bill they were passing was a pile of c--p just like the pile of jars they brought.

The fact is, we don't even know that any jars were found.

The fact is, we don't even know that any jars were found.

Exactly. I should have said it was reported that 18 jars were found.

Even so out of thousands of protesters that was the worst they could come up with.( if true)

Oh my !

Last edited:

Exactly. I should have said it was reported that 18 jars were found.

Even so out of thousands of protesters that was the worst they could come up with.( if true)

Oh my !

IMO, it was a CYA lie. They were getting bad press so they made up the story so they could say "You see? Good thing we searched for tampons!"

IMO, it was a CYA lie. They were getting bad press so they made up the story so they could say "You see? Good thing we searched for tampons!"

I guess I would not be too surprised.
The tampon and pad raid really was stupid on the part of the troopers.
Most woman do carry a couple of pads or tampons with them .

ZEF's have no liberties

Spoken like a true bigot, slur and all.

Spoken like a true bigot, slur and all.

He is factually correct, though, isn't he?

I wonder what the tip the DPS received which motivated them to search protesters' bags was.

But in my opinion, collecting feces in containers for whatever purpose--yes, yes, dung has been used as an "artistic" medium--is more than a little weird.

I can't believe anybody sane could do other than acknowledge how bizarre doing this was, how it certainly doesn't represent the vast majority of pro-choicers, and then move on. The fact that some posting in this thread are actually defending this is weird.

BTW, I can certainly see how, in theory, someone who has "temper management issues" could become so angry that he or she ripped off the colostomy bag and flung it at somebody. But collecting feces and carrying them into the state capitol building? It's weird.

I wonder what the tip the DPS received which motivated them to search protesters' bags was.
.......But collecting feces and carrying them into the state capitol building? It's weird.

Well every time I go to a Disney park, a concert or a ball game they search bags.

Yeah collecting feces ( even if it was dog poop ) is not only weird
but pretty stupid if true.

Well every time I go to a Disney park, a concert or a ball game they search bags.

Yeah collecting feces ( even if it was dog poop ) is not only weird
but pretty stupid if true.

It's hard to go to any public event without some kind of security thing. We do travel some, which requires going by air and I hate it because of all of the TSA nonsense.

I sure miss the days before 9-11...

Speaking of 9-11...was at the World Trade Center site a couple or so weeks ago...looking at the memorial waterfalls...and the new trade center. Hard to believe that's the same spot.

the republican party wasn't judged by a stupid remark by Todd Akin? All of the Tea party wasn't called racist because one idiot that wasn't even proved to be part if the movement held up a racist sign? i will stop judging all on the left for a few when the left does that same

A random person holding a sign and a former US representative and winner of a Senate Primary election are two different things.

No, absolutely not.

Actually, he is, Jay. Please describe any civil rights or liberties that a fetus has.

class act pro choicers

so you want to throw crap and piss have your children hold up signs saying they want to have sex with senators and a few other disgusting comments
And you want us to respect your choices when you dont have any respect for others

So does this mean I get to associate all anti-choicers with the people who shoot up clinics, assault PP workers in parking lots, and have vandalized my friend's car half a dozen times?

I am not responsible for other people. These people are not all pro-choicers. But personally, I'd rather be lumped with the worst of my side than the worst of yours. I think murder and bombings are a bit worse than flinging poo.

Actually, he is, Jay. Please describe any civil rights or liberties that a fetus has.

Actually, that is not a fact. That is his prejudice. If it's a prejudice you share - and it plainly is - I would not find it surprising.

trfjr asserted that all human beings have natural human rights. I agree.

The only fact you can say about our status quo is that it does not protect those human rights equally for all human beings - and that fact is shameful. It is exactly what folks like myself and trfjr abhor about the status quo and work against.

Essentially, you're asserting our ****ty governance, failing to protect the human rights of those within its borders, as its own defense for the appropriateness of ****ty governance; that doesn't work very well in terms of discourse - we know what the status quo IS, it's terrible, that's why we're criticizing it.

For a comparable example, before 1865 there were human beings in the United States that were not legal persons, but owned property. I would not agree if you said they had no rights; I would say that their human rights were not being protected by a government as they should have been.

Last edited:

You shouldn't judge all pro-choice people based on the actions of a few morons.

The problem is this is frequent practice by Pro-Choice protests.... :shrug:

So does this mean I get to associate all anti-choicers with the people who shoot up clinics, assault PP workers in parking lots, and have vandalized my friend's car half a dozen times?

I am not responsible for other people. These people are not all pro-choicers. But personally, I'd rather be lumped with the worst of my side than the worst of yours. I think murder and bombings are a bit worse than flinging poo.

The worst of your kind are the serial killing hit men you enable, their staff, and their clients.

Rest assured, "your kind" are worse. They have done more harm.

You shouldn't judge all pro-choice people based on the actions of a few morons.

My step-daughter was at the Shout Down protest in Austin. In fact, her picture is among about a dozen or so mostly women and some men inside the capitol building, which AP shared with news organizations around the country.

She is an honest, caring, and compassionate person. She is educated. She works everyday. She is self-supporting, and would be considered is working middle class (or lowest level middle class). She is altruistic. She cares about the welfare of children. She loves children. She believes, as a born woman who lives, obviously among all other born, and who must navigate through life's burdens and deal with the everyday tasks required it is essential to meet her personal and social obligations.

She is not a liar. She is not selfish. She is not ignorant. She is not a supporter of violence engaged in by humankind such as war or even the death penalty. She does not have homicidal tendencies. She is not an aggressive person, but the opposite to a fault.

She believe in equality, self-determination, and liberty for men and women alike.

But most importantly as a women...she believes her personal rights are important...so important she is willing to make a public statement and stand up for her rights as human being, and as a woman...a born woman. She will not be bullied by 13th century thinking radicals who believe that they have the right to undermine and reduce the ability for women to be free to make their own choices about their life situations and what they deem to be their future. She will not stand silent and become submissive because moral crusaders want her to submit to their will.

But since the protest...and knowing she was there...standing up for not only her rights as a woman, but for her sisters in humanity...she was called every trashy, nasty, degrading, hateful, and despicable names possible. She was threatened. And mostly by those who claimed to be representatives of their respective religions. In other words, people who would perpetrate violent acts...so-called people playing a role that portrayed what their god's alleged dogma against women and men who acted out in CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE...in order to make themselves heard. They did not threaten violence.

I am personally offended by the moral fascists and moral crusaders who believe that they have the right to control others by silencing them and depriving them of equal rights and equal access and liberty and self-determination of persons who make every effort not to infringe on the rights of others. And who attempt to co-exist with others who have different beliefs while they also live out their lives exercising their full rights and self determination.

With the above said, Dig...certainly not all pro-life are morons. And many are simply people who live quietly and go about their daily lives...being living examples of their faith and beliefs. They'll probably never speak out about their pro-life stance. But they express that stance by living by their principles and beliefs. They are fully aware that there are others who believe differently than they do. But they know that these people do not personally infringe on their lives, nor do they feel the need or have the propensity to control others most personal aspects of human nature and behavior.

There are extremist from every walk. And in my maybe not so humble opinion. These people who have the audacity to call women who choose to have an abortion...murders and killers...who are women, in all probability, who have the same type of character and integrity as my step-daughter...these people who claim women are murders and killers are nothing short of misinformed, misled, and unsanctioned individuals who have adopted extremist principles and beliefs.

It's good to be an American. Home of the brave. Land of the free. For liberty and justice for all...except the born. It's ****ing shameful.

Thanks...

One side throws human waste, the other bombs clinics. Unfortunately for you, that's about .00001% of all Americans, so the justification you have for being shameless makes no sense. Find another reason to justify "your side" using dirty tactics. I'm sure you'll be able to find one, and if not, you can just admit that you didn't care about dignity in the first place.

I think both sides should take a real good second glance at this comment. As I see it, both sides (extremists) are pulling stunts that NO ONE should find acceptable. Also, pay attention to the fact that these are extremists. Most people do not fight their battles this way, and no one should. It demeans the whole process and everyone involved in it. If you have to resort to extremist methods just to argue abortion, what do you think is going to happen when a REAL issue comes up? You know, one of those issues that effects everyone? Yeah, those.

Back
Top Bottom