• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Facebook omitted conservative topics from trending list

Would you like a list of such sites? I'm guessing you'd be very fond of those particular sites.

A list of what sites?

I thought Facebook was supposed to be apolitical? Really don't know and I'm proud to say I don't have a Facebook account.

Facebook is supposed collect your information and sell it to third party advertisers. That's why I say the user is the product. A distinct lack of any means of contacting customer support should be testament to that, just as a box of oreos lacks the means to contact Nabisco directly.

It wasn't a question (you can tell by the lack of question marks), so it is a little dishonest to say he "asked". He didn't. He was summarizing your post (as he interpreted it).

You're half right. He wasn't asking me to give him a conservative alternative, he was ordering me to. So he ordered, and I obeyed.

A list of what sites?

Sites we find biased and unfair. Those sure sound like places you'd enjoy.

Facebook is supposed collect your information and sell it to third party advertisers. That's why I say the user is the product. A distinct lack of any means of contacting customer support should be testament to that, just as a box of oreos lacks the means to contact Nabisco directly.

That you deleted the question I asked is a pretty obvious answer to it. No worries, I'm not exactly shocked. :lamo

Last edited:
Ahem. Your words:

You asked, I answered.

No need to be all butthurt about it.

Now you take my words describing YOUR POST and try and pass it off as a question...

You are the poster child for dishonesty

That you deleted the question I asked is a pretty obvious answer to it. No worries, I'm not exactly shocked. :lamo:

He won't answer mine either and instead resorted to the same level of blatant dishonesty as the liberal turds on Facebook did.

You're half right. He wasn't asking me to give him a conservative alternative, he was ordering me to. So he ordered, and I obeyed.

Nope and you know what you're saying is not true so you are being intentionally dishonest. :)

Would it be your problem either way?

That you deleted the question I asked is a pretty obvious answer to it. No worries, I'm not exactly shocked. :lamo

If you like, I can re-insert your bait question and simply ignore it instead. It's all the same to me.

It is dishonest but him being liberal is irrelevant.

Sorry, but I have run into more liberals than I can count over the last 15+ years, that engage in this type of dishonesty in order to avoid discussing things they find politically unpleasant. I can't say the same about the conservatives I've encountered.

He won't answer mine either and instead resorted to the same level of blatant dishonesty as the liberal turds on Facebook did.

Again, "turds" abound within all political leans. My sincere suggestion would be that you don't reply to him anymore. Remember that definition of insanity?

That's another lie... Something you obviously rely on during discussion about politics.

Again, "turds" abound within all political leans. My sincere suggestion would be that you don't reply to him anymore. Remember that definition of insanity?

You can call them angels if you like, but I call them as I see them and turds seems very appropriate.

Would it be your problem either way?

Well it might be if you asked me for such a list. I'd have to decide if it was worth the effort. Would you spend lots of time on those sites?

If you like, I can re-insert your bait question and simply ignore it instead. It's all the same to me.

I was sincerely curious about the answer but don't worry about it, I have my answer.

Nope and you know what you're saying is not true so you are being intentionally dishonest. :)

[get] "Back to me and what "service" myself and conservatives should use..."

The bracket is mine and what I saw, since the syntax was confusing either way. I see now what he was saying. I was merely suggesting that if he found Facebook unpleasant, there were likely alternatives (that are also free) on the internet. I wasn't telling him what he should use because that decision is not at all mine to make. I just know that, speaking entirely for myself, if I was upset by the behavior of those running a website, I would not use that website. Especially if it were free and I had nothing financially invested in it to begin with.

Well it might be if you asked me for such a list. I'd have to decide if it was worth the effort. Would you spend lots of time on those sites?

Well I'm a huge fan of The Oatmeal. I'm not aware of a strong political bias in that site but I suppose someone could read something into anything.

I was sincerely curious about the answer but don't worry about it, I have my answer.

The bracket is mine and what I saw, since the syntax was confusing either way. I see now what he was saying.

convenient

I was merely suggesting that if he found Facebook unpleasant, there were likely alternatives (that are also free) on the internet. I wasn't telling him what he should use because that decision is not at all mine to make. I just know that, speaking entirely for myself, if I was upset by the behavior of those running a website, I would not use that website. Especially if it were free and I had nothing financially invested in it to begin with.

Right, and your suggestion was Stormfront. Says more about you really.

The bracket is mine and what I saw, since the syntax was confusing either way. I see now what he was saying. I was merely suggesting that if he found Facebook unpleasant, there were likely alternatives (that are also free) on the internet. I wasn't telling him what he should use because that decision is not at all mine to make. I just know that, speaking entirely for myself, if I was upset by the behavior of those running a website, I would not use that website. Especially if it were free and I had nothing financially invested in it to begin with.

And if things went as they wanted it to they never would have admitted what they were doing, that's a particularly effective form of censorship and shaping opinion. You can't agree or disagree if you have never seen it.

Well I'm a huge fan of The Oatmeal. I'm not aware of a strong political bias in that site but I suppose someone could read something into anything.

I like him too. He's definitely left leaning but still funny as all hell and a talented artist. I actually learned something about cats from him.

Highly inconvenient would have been to continue claiming that what he said was a request/demand even after realizing it wasn't.

Yeah, especially after I called you on it.

And if things went as they wanted it to they never would have admitted what they were doing, that's a particularly effective form of censorship and shaping opinion. You can't agree or disagree if you have never seen it.

What I'm interested in knowing is that now that conservatives are on to the liberal bent of Facebook will they move on to something else? Because I can tell you that while it isn't impossible, it's highly unlikely that Facebook is going to listen to its users. I know this from personal experience.

Yeah, especially after I called you on it.

It was actually governess. I was confused as to why she was essentially agreeing that I was lying, which made me go back and figure out what I got wrong. Grim writes badly so his syntax was confusing but I got it eventually.

It was actually governess. I was confused as to why she was essentially agreeing that I was lying, which made me go back and figure out what I got wrong. Grim writes badly so his syntax was confusing but I got it eventually.
Wait. I agreed that you were lying? I don't think so.

Ok, this I believe (for real) and, as TheGoverness is a stand up person by all I can see, she totally deserves whatever credit she gets, for real (always feel I need to make it clear when I'm not being sarcastic).

Back
Top Bottom