• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Facebook omitted conservative topics from trending list

Notice the crickets.

The liberal incursion into all things America has reached the point of absurdity.

Academia, media, the scientific community, the legal system.....it all operates solely on politics and ideology.

America is being transformed into a nation of lies.

"truth is treason in an empire of lies"

a statement from Ron Paul - concerning the presidency of W. Bush

Gizmodo did two articles on facebook "news" curation process. The first talked about how the process favored reliable sources over unreliable ones. Then one saying conservative sources like Breitbart where lowered in ranking. Put 2 and 2 together and it actually makes alot of sense. Conservative "news" sources have never been known for their reliability, and tend to rely on the gullibility of the average conservative. And the only word for any one who gets their "news" from facebook is gullible.

And you may not have known this, but facebook is a private company. They can do as they please.

Exactly. Have you ever seen the kinds of stupid **** that Stephen Crowder puts on facebook? I'd make sure I didn't give him any free press either if I were facebook.

Complaints about a lack of diversity from conservatives? I thought diversity was just political correctness run amok?

Who offered a black presidential candidate who wasn't a divisive, narcissistic asshole? The Republicans. Who elected a black candidate who is a divisive, narcissistic asshole? The Democratic Party.

Who offered a black presidential candidate who wasn't a divisive, narcissistic asshole? The Republicans. Who elected a black candidate who is a divisive, narcissistic asshole? The Democratic Party.

Why are you bringing up race? And yeah, Carson is a divisive, narcissistic asshole and crazy to boot.

Why are you bringing up race? And yeah, Carson is a divisive, narcissistic asshole and crazy to boot.

No he isn't. Think about that when you pull the lever for the most corrupt bitch in the galaxy.

I don't know about everyone else, but this wide spread political censorship by the left reminds me of the tactics of the old Soviet Union, the Castro regime in Cuba and Chavez and his thugs in Venezuela. Is this the kind of America the progressive movement wants to usher in?
Yes, it is.

Conservatives sitting at home complaining about what liberals go out into the world and actually do.
Conservatives wringing their hands because they've voiced their opinions and somebody else hasn't put them into action yet.
Conservatives watching and pointing and complaining about liberals watching and pointing.
Just more of the same from the right whinge.

"Shut up and get back to work!"

(That's why you hate conservatives.)

Notice the crickets.

The liberal incursion into all things America has reached the point of absurdity.

Academia, media, the scientific community, the legal system.....it all operates solely on politics and ideology.

America is being transformed into a nation of lies.

May be the crickets are waiting until all the facts are in?

"Shut up and get back to work!"

(That's why you hate conservatives.)

Good one.
Inaccurate but jokes don't have to be, do they.

Actually, I can kind of understand conservative helplessness. There's no way a liberal won't be the next president, for one thing (though I wouldn't give you a nickel for either one). Conservatives have watched for years their power base, their support, diminish, smug in the thought that they're right and right will always prevail. If you're not prevailing, what does that say about your 'rightness'?
I would like to see a more effective conservative sector, myself. The center is half-way between the ends, right? and if the right is shrinking the center must be moving left. And it's not the fault of the left- you'd take whatever was handed you in terms of making society more to your model and so do they.

No he isn't. Think about that when you pull the lever for the most corrupt bitch in the galaxy.

Deny it all you want but the proof is abundant. That man also doesn't have the mental faculties to run so much as a bake sale and he's been a laughingstock since day one. Anyway, he's Trump's bitch now. You don't know who I'm voting for.

To be fair, this whole section is people on both sides primarily complaining about private companies determining what content they host (and how they host it)

Point taken. I would note it was not in this section when I replied.

Google, YouTube and now Facebook... This story goes hand in hand with the wide spread intolerance for diverse political and social views, that's swept through colleges and universities across America for the last few decades... and it all emanates from those on the political left. Is it fear, a perpension for dishonesty, or are their beliefs so weak that they feel they have to suppress certain facts and opinions in order to maintain some level of political legitimacy in the eyes of the public?

I don't know about everyone else, but this wide spread political censorship by the left reminds me of the tactics of the old Soviet Union, the Castro regime in Cuba and Chavez and his thugs in Venezuela. Is this the kind of America the progressive movement wants to usher in?

Well it's a private enterprise and however uncivil or closed minded or annoying as that may be, they have the right to run it as they wish. To their credit, they have allowed a means to get around the liberal bias. If you 'like' or befriend or whatever the conservative sites, they do show up regularly on your news feed. I do that and do see my favorite site posts frequently.

It isn't all that much issue for me because I don't go to Facebook to get the national news and I refuse to discuss politics or controversial social issues on Facebook. I use it strictly to connect with family across the land, old friends, colleagues, classmates, etc. and it is a relaxed, fun, informative, and pleasant experience.

But for those who do like to use it for political discussions, etc. I can see how a strongly liberal bias would be frustrating.

My sole problem would be their insistence they are neutral and unbiased. To make that claim you actually should be that way. If this is true, they aren't. Redress it isn't that they didn't include conservative sources its that they didn't include stories that may have been of interest to conservatives. Look at the list in the article. It wasn't just sources, it was topics.

Complaints about a lack of diversity from conservatives? I thought diversity was just political correctness run amok?

Is there no end to the lengths conservatives will whine?

37420362.jpg

Well it's a private enterprise and however uncivil or closed minded or annoying as that may be, they have the right to run it as they wish. To their credit, they have allowed a means to get around the liberal bias. If you 'like' or befriend or whatever the conservative sites, they do show up regularly on your news feed. I do that and do see my favorite site posts frequently.

It isn't all that much issue for me because I don't go to Facebook to get the national news and I refuse to discuss politics or controversial social issues on Facebook. I use it strictly to connect with family across the land, old friends, colleagues, classmates, etc. and it is a relaxed, fun, informative, and pleasant experience.

But for those who do like to use it for political discussions, etc. I can see how a strongly liberal bias would be frustrating.

The issue is that Facebook states that it's trending news feed uses computer algorithms to determine what users see, meaning that it represents the stories that are generating the most interest, regardless of any political implications contained within those stories.

Now we are finding out that the people running that department at Facebook, have been circumventing the results of that computer algorithm and removing stories that interest conservatives and reflect poorly on democrats and the liberal agenda.

Presenting their trending news as "These are the stories of greatest interest" and editing out stories that don't meet with their own personal, political beliefs, is a blatant case of false advertizing. Although it might be perfectly legal and within their rights to engage in this behavior, it doesn't change the fact that it's still an attempt to manipulate the views and beliefs of the more than 1.5 billion people who log on to Facebook every month.

Here the story in a nut shell by the person who first broke it:

Last edited:
Is there no end to the lengths conservatives will whine?

37420362.jpg

No whining here... Just pointing out another dishonest attempt by the left to manipulate the public by censuring views and information they deem harmful to their agenda.

The Soviet Pullet Bureau would be so proud of you folks.

No whining here... Just pointing out another dishonest attempt by the left to manipulate the public by censuring views and information they deem harmful to their agenda.

Hey.

Whatever it takes to make yourselves feel like victims right?

Hey.

Whatever it takes to make yourselves feel like victims right?

They aren't whining boogie. They are just complaining about how everyone is mean to them all the time and how it just isn't fair.

I can see you stomping your feet and gnashing your teeth.

I can see you stomping your feet and gnashing your teeth.

lol... Another manufactured, bogus conclusion demonstrating the lengths liberals like yourself will go to avoid addressing anything that clash with your ideological beliefs.

Either that, or you really are totally clueless when it comes to reading people.

Back
Top Bottom