• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Facebook omitted conservative topics from trending list

I did. Whether or not it's true that Facebook has a liberal bias is irrelevant. There are social sites that are liberal, there are social sites that are conservative, and there are social sites like this one which are relatively well mixed. These are companies/services run by private individuals, and the consumer is not constrained to any one of them (you can thank net neutrality for that, by the way). If I go to Stormfront and am prevented from making pro-Jewish comments, I am in no way prevented from stating my views, just on that one site run by a private individual.

Or is this another example of people not understanding the difference between government and a private entity?

I hope all that was just typical liberal obfuscation, because if it wasn't, you need to be enrolled in some kind of special needs class.

Read the following link and ffs, read it carefully in order to give yourself the best possible chance of understanding what this thread is all about...

Good luck to you, and God's speed.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...nding-list-post1065854264.html#post1065854264

I hope all that was just typical liberal obfuscation, because if it wasn't, you need to be enrolled in some kind of special needs class.

Read the following link and ffs, read it carefully in order to give yourself the best possible chance of understanding what this thread is all about...

Good luck to you, and God's speed.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...nding-list-post1065854264.html#post1065854264

I'm not sure what new information that was supposed to bring to the table, but here's my take: I don't care. Nobody's ever going to make every private institution/website/service bias-free. Where I really run out of damns to give is over a service that is free. Don't like the free service? Find another free service. Net neutrality guarantees that you will be able to "shop" around for another free service. It's why I don't belong to far right wing forums or pretty much any other social site I consider to be biased, unfair, or just plain distasteful, such as Tinder, Breitbart, Stormfront, Lucianne or Ashley Madison. Now, if what is said about Facebook is true, then Conservatives would find that site to be biased, unfair and distasteful, so they would do well to find another one.

Oh, by the way, you have next to no rights on Facebook for the simple reason that you aren't the customer. You're the product. So anybody who complains about how a free service is run when they are the product (and not the customer) is akin to a cockroach complaining that a can of RAID has an anti-cockroach bias.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what new information that was supposed to bring to the table, but here's my take: I don't care. Nobody's ever going to make every private institution/website/service bias-free. Where I really run out of damns to give is over a service that is free. Don't like the free service? Find another free service. Net neutrality guarantees that you will be able to "shop" around for another free service. It's why I don't belong to far right wing forums or pretty much any other social site I consider to be biased, unfair, or just plain distasteful, such as Tinder, Breitbart, Stormfront, Lucianne or Ashley Madison. Now, if what is said about Facebook is true, then Conservatives would find that site to be biased, unfair and distasteful, so they would do well to find another one.

Oh, by the way, you have next to no rights on Facebook for the simple reason that you aren't the customer. You're the product. So anybody who complains about how a free service is run when they are the product (and not the customer) is akin to a cockroach complaining that a can of RAID has an anti-cockroach bias.

I was afraid you wouldn't get it, and you didn't... The 3rd paragraph summed it up pretty well:

"Presenting their trending news as "These are the stories of greatest interest" and editing out stories that don't meet with their own personal, political beliefs, is a blatant case of false advertizing. Although it might be perfectly legal and within their rights to engage in this behavior, it doesn't change the fact that it's still an attempt to manipulate the views and beliefs of the more than 1.5 billion people who log on to Facebook every month."

Now do you get it, or are you simply incapable of grasping the point because it shows yet again, the dishonesty of another group of leftists who took it upon themselves to deceive the public?

I'm going to say "no" you don't get it and likely never will.

Less a gestapo issue and more of a ambulance chaser thing. Its unethical to claim to be unbiased if they are biased.

Its also kind of a self fulfilling policy as it keeps stories and issues that may be important to conservatives "on the fringe" and out of sight. This means stories remain uninvestigated, under-reported and don't get mainstream attention. Again its not necessarily a force issue, its more to the ethics of a newsfeed just picking up what's trending, not just what you think should be trending.

This isn't a complaint just a hint at the implications of what's being alleged.

Closing, yes they can do what they want, no they shouldn't try to bull**** people about doing it.

I was afraid you wouldn't get it, and you didn't... The 3rd paragraph summed it up pretty well:

"Presenting their trending news as "These are the stories of greatest interest" and editing out stories that don't meet with their own personal, political beliefs, is a blatant case of false advertizing. Although it might be perfectly legal and within their rights to engage in this behavior, it doesn't change the fact that it's still an attempt to manipulate the views and beliefs of the more than 1.5 billion people who log on to Facebook every month."

Now do you get it, or are you simply incapable of grasping the point because it shows yet again, the dishonesty of another group of leftists who took it upon themselves to deceive the public?

I'm going to say "no" you don't get it and likely never will.

How awful. It sounds to me as if conservatives who don't feel their stories are getting a fair shake should go and use a different free service. Much as I use a free service that's different from Breitbart or Stormfront.

Less a gestapo issue and more of a ambulance chaser thing. Its unethical to claim to be unbiased if they are biased.

Its also kind of a self fulfilling policy as it keeps stories and issues that may be important to conservatives "on the fringe" and out of sight. This means stories remain uninvestigated, under-reported and don't get mainstream attention. Again its not necessarily a force issue, its more to the ethics of a newsfeed just picking up what's trending, not just what you think should be trending.

This isn't a complaint just a hint at the implications of what's being alleged.

Closing, yes they can do what they want, no they shouldn't try to bull**** people about doing it.

Do you plan to stop giving them your money?

How awful. It sounds to me as if conservatives who don't feel their stories are getting a fair shake should go and use a different free service. Much as I use a free service that's different from Breitbart or Stormfront.

Back to me and what "service" myself and conservatives should use...

Thank you for confirming that you see the world through liberal lenses and haven't the first clue the point of the story.

Back to me and what "service" myself and conservatives should use...

Thank you for confirming that you see the world through liberal lenses and haven't the first clue the point of the story.

Breitbart allows you make comments on their stories. Go do that.

I don't click their news feed very often. I don't log into face book to check the news.

Frankly, I think the idea that anyone would log in to Facebook for their news is preposterous.

Breitbart allows you make comments on their stories. Go do that.

LMAO... Breitbart has nothing what so ever to do with this story.

Why is it so hard for you to simply acknowledge that liberals over at Facebook, have been engaging in a campaign of deception by selectively editing out pro-conservative/anti-liberal stories from "trending news"?

LMAO... Breitbart has nothing what so ever to do with this story.

Why is it so hard for you to simply acknowledge that liberals over at Facebook, have been engaging in a campaign of deception by selectively editing out pro-conservative/anti-liberal stories from "trending news"?

You asked what service conservatives should use and I answered you.

Google, YouTube and now Facebook... This story goes hand in hand with the wide spread intolerance for diverse political and social views, that's swept through colleges and universities across America for the last few decades... and it all emanates from those on the political left. Is it fear, a perpension for dishonesty, or are their beliefs so weak that they feel they have to suppress certain facts and opinions in order to maintain some level of political legitimacy in the eyes of the public?

I don't know about everyone else, but this wide spread political censorship by the left reminds me of the tactics of the old Soviet Union, the Castro regime in Cuba and Chavez and his thugs in Venezuela. Is this the kind of America the progressive movement wants to usher in?

Welcome to the reverse of Fox News!

I'm not sure what new information that was supposed to bring to the table, but here's my take: I don't care. Nobody's ever going to make every private institution/website/service bias-free. Where I really run out of damns to give is over a service that is free. Don't like the free service? Find another free service. Net neutrality guarantees that you will be able to "shop" around for another free service. It's why I don't belong to far right wing forums or pretty much any other social site I consider to be biased, unfair, or just plain distasteful, such as Tinder, Breitbart, Stormfront, Lucianne or Ashley Madison. Now, if what is said about Facebook is true, then Conservatives would find that site to be biased, unfair and distasteful,

Would you like a list of such sites? I'm guessing you'd be very fond of those particular sites.

so they would do well to find another one.

I thought Facebook was supposed to be apolitical? Really don't know and I'm proud to say I don't have a Facebook account.

Incidentally, were you, at all, suggesting that that all conservatives would be happy on Stormfront? Is that the reason you keep mentioning it?

Last edited:
Of course not... Now do you have a comment on the story?
Sure. I don't really agree with Facebook's decision, but Facebook has the right to do whatever it wishes with it's website.

Ahem. Your words:

You asked, I answered.

No need to be all butthurt about it.

It wasn't a question (you can tell by the lack of question marks), so it is a little dishonest to say he "asked". He didn't. He was summarizing your post (as he interpreted it).

Back
Top Bottom