• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Facebook omitted conservative topics from trending list

Ok, this I believe (for real) and, as TheGoverness is a stand up person by all I can see, she totally deserves whatever credit she gets, for real (always feel I need to make it clear when I'm not being sarcastic).
[emoji12] Thx.

You said

It was very similar to the "they do it too" response. Never mind.

Ok, well however you got there, you did (even if it was by misinterpreting The Governess) and you acknowledged it so that's cool. Apologies for my own sarcastic comment. Now, as Facebook holds no interest for me and my pup wants my attention, I'm off.

Conservatism as a political ideology needs to be blacklisted.

Conservatism as a political ideology needs to be blacklisted.

Yet your lean says centrist, maybe you should change that to fascist or figure out what centrist means.

Priceless watching Conservatives wishing for government controls on a private industry. I guess that they dont realize that Facebook is a private company and it would take government overreach of power and hedging of liberties to curb what Facebook does.

And who the hell gets their news from Facebook in the first place?

WHat is really at issue here is that the senate is wasting time getting excited about a Facebook meme...wtf?

It was actually governess. I was confused as to why she was essentially agreeing that I was lying, which made me go back and figure out what I got wrong. Grim writes badly so his syntax was confusing but I got it eventually.

So an insult serves as an apology in your book?

Nice job.

Priceless watching Conservatives wishing for government controls on a private industry. I guess that they dont realize that Facebook is a private company and it would take government overreach of power and hedging of liberties to curb what Facebook does.

WHat is really at issue here is that the senate is wasting time getting excited about a Facebook meme...wtf?

Who wants government control over FB?

Absolutely. Facebook has the same freedoms the posters on this forum have. If you don't like what Facebook does, then don't read it. I don't and it works for me.

You liberals are unable to discern "reliability" of news sources because you're been soaking in liberal bias for years. Talk about gullible. A liberal trying to understand reliable and unbiased news is like a fish trying to understand the concept of air.

If this wasn't important, FB wouldn't have tried to deny that editors determine whats "trending". Zuckerburg got his panties in a wad and felt the need for a passionate response. The correct response is: Who cares what FB thinks is important.

Gizmodo did two articles on facebook "news" curation process. The first talked about how the process favored reliable sources over unreliable ones. Then one saying conservative sources like Breitbart where lowered in ranking. Put 2 and 2 together and it actually makes alot of sense. Conservative "news" sources have never been known for their reliability, and tend to rely on the gullibility of the average conservative. And the only word for any one who gets their "news" from facebook is gullible.

And you may not have known this, but facebook is a private company. They can do as they please.

You liberals are unable to discern "reliability" of news sources because you're been soaking in liberal bias for years. Talk about gullible. A liberal trying to understand reliable and unbiased news is like a fish trying to understand the concept of air.

There is only one of me. Why do so many people have such a hard time with this concept?

If this wasn't important, FB wouldn't have tried to deny that editors determine whats "trending". Zuckerburg got his panties in a wad and felt the need for a passionate response. The correct response is: Who cares what FB thinks is important.

Brilliant logic: if you deny it, you must have done it!

Absolutely. Facebook has the same freedoms the posters on this forum have. If you don't like what Facebook does, then don't read it. I don't and it works for me.

Read Facebook? I am not sure what you mean by that? All I see on FB is what my friends say. There are links to news stories and other crap but no one has to click on those things off to the side.

Who wants government control over FB?

Apparently some Republican Senators do.

"Facebook must answer these serious allegations and hold those responsible to account if there has been political bias in the dissemination of trending news. Any attempt by a neutral and inclusive social media platform to censor or manipulate political discussion is an abuse of trust and inconsistent with the values of an open Internet." Senate Commerce Committee chairman John Thune

The Senate is investigating Facebook; WTF for are they going to do something? If not then they are wasting time and money for no good reason. If they are planning on intervening in someway then they are advocating government control of the internet.

Not a fan of the First Amendment, eh?

You mean a fan of bestowing an equality on equals and uneuqals alike? or perhaps a fan of making a fetish of freedom of expression? yea, not really a fan.

Yet your lean says centrist, maybe you should change that to fascist or figure out what centrist means.

Anti-fascism isn't fascism. Even though I espouse a number of conservative views, I'm sober enough to realize the fascist tendencies of modern conservatism as a political ideology.

Read Facebook? I am not sure what you mean by that? All I see on FB is what my friends say. There are links to news stories and other crap but no one has to click on those things off to the side.

OK then my ignorance of facebook makes me wonder why anyone is raising the stink.

Apparently some Republican Senators do.

"Facebook must answer these serious allegations and hold those responsible to account if there has been political bias in the dissemination of trending news. Any attempt by a neutral and inclusive social media platform to censor or manipulate political discussion is an abuse of trust and inconsistent with the values of an open Internet." Senate Commerce Committee chairman John Thune

The Senate is investigating Facebook; WTF for are they going to do something? If not then they are wasting time and money for no good reason. If they are planning on intervening in someway then they are advocating government control of the internet.

That's ridiculous. Reminds me of all those people who've wanted Rush yanked off the air and who complain about the unfairness of talk radio. If you don't like Rush, don't listen. If you don't like FB, don't go there.

Oh, and lol at the "values of an open internet".

That's ridiculous. Reminds me of all those people who've wanted Rush yanked off the air and who complain about the unfairness of talk radio. If you don't like Rush, don't listen. If you don't like FB, don't go there.

Oh, and lol at the "values of an open internet".
I listen to Rush Radio all the time anyways, as well as Alex Jones.

It keeps my blood pressure up. [emoji12]

I listen to Rush Radio all the time anyways, as well as Alex Jones.

It keeps my blood pressure up. [emoji12]

I admit, I like Rush, but I understand what he really is. I think Levin and Beck are crusaders, like legit. Rush is just funny to me and anyone who says he "spews rage" (or whatever) hasn't actually listened to him. He's pretty mellow, in fact, it sucks kinda that he doesn't have the same edge he used to.

I admit, I like Rush, but I understand what he really is. I think Levin and Beck are crusaders, like legit. Rush is just funny to me and anyone who says he "spews rage" (or whatever) hasn't actually listened to him. He's pretty mellow, in fact, it sucks kinda that he doesn't have the same edge he used to.
True that. Rush does seem kind of mellow now. But he is old so that's kind of a given.

Alex Jones pisses me off wayyyy more than Rush ever could. And Rush hasn't made me want to hurl my personal belongings across the room.

Last edited:
True that. Alex Jones pisses me off wayyyy more than Rush. Rush hasn't made me want to hurl my personal belongings across the room.

Ahhhhhhhh, I know that feeling well. Never seen Alex Jones. During work hours we have Glenn, Rush and Mark so I listen periodically on the way to work, during work and then driving home. Once TVs an option, I don't listen to the radio any more.

Back
Top Bottom