• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lowe's Manager Bows to Request after Racist Customer Refuses Black Delivery Driver

Was the Manager right to agree to the customer's demands?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Re: Lowe's Manager Bows to Request after Racist Customer Refuses Black Delivery Drive

she is old and a women. they cannot decline her business.

On what planet?

Re: Lowe's Manager Bows to Request after Racist Customer Refuses Black Delivery Drive

she is old and a women. they cannot decline her business.

once again you prove that you have zero understanding of rights and law LMAO

(1) Lowes I expect does not offer custom delivery options, just dates and times for delivery.

(2) She could still get the product she wanted, by picking it up herself, getting a different delivery service or by accepting the standard delivery service by Lowes......

(1) That is not the point. It seems the manager did accept the option. Otherwise the delivery person would not have been called back.*)

(2) Just like the gay couple could have picked up a cake at a different store.

*And yes it is reneging on a commitment made, which is the same as refusing service as contracted. But this is another issue and deals with contracts you have already accepted.

Yes, she has the right to her opinion. And Lowe's has the right to refuse service to her. End of story.

As I pointed out, I think the store should have the right to refuse service as I think the baker should be allowed to refuse it. What is bad, is when the state begins to apply laws a gusto. Anyone that allows that to happen should look at the history of the 20th century. End of story.

On what planet?

the one that says you can't refuse service to someone.
lowes is a public store.

she is old and a women and if they refuse her service she can file a discrimination suit against them.

As I pointed out, I think the store should have the right to refuse service as I think the baker should be allowed to refuse it. What is bad, is when the state begins to apply laws a gusto. Anyone that allows that to happen should look at the history of the 20th century. End of story.

you are missing the point. they want to selectively chose who can deny service. as long as it falls in line with their political beliefs it is ok.

1.)the one that says you can't refuse service to someone.
2.) lowes is a public store.
3.) she is old and a women and if they refuse her service she can file a discrimination suit against them.

1.) so what planet is that because earth doesnt say that
2.) which is meanignless to this sub topic
3.) and she would lose because there is no illegal discrimination. LMAO thank you for further proving that you have no clue at all about this topic, rights, laws or the constitution.

Disagree then tell us the factual law or right it would violate , we'd love to read it :)

you are missing the point. they want to selectively chose who can deny service. as long as it falls in line with their political beliefs it is ok.

you mean the Constitution rights and laws . . political beliefs are meaningless . . do you live in the US? it doesnt seem like it at all

the baker has every right to deny service already the law is already the same for us all lol :shrug:
End of story :D

(A) If it makes you feel better, I'm a proud bigot - intolerant of bigots!

(B) But what you're trying to do is equate these two positions:

1) Engage in commerce without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
2) I don't want to do business with n****s, fags, Jews, etc.

They're nothing alike.

And the company isn't discriminating against the racist woman. What they require of their employees is to treat her like all other customers, identically to all other customers. Which means they schedule deliveries without regard to race or color or religion, and don't honor requests to keep the n****r, fag, Jew out of their house and only send white guys. I'm sure Lowes would have gladly delivered product to this racist's house, or sold her all kinds of product in their store. What they weren't willing to do is honor her special, racist, requests.

A) That is certainly the bedrock on which bigotry always stands, though, usually the bigot will not admit to the fact and will choose things he believes redeem his opinion and talk about "the n****r, fag, Jew" to underline the difference between himself and the bigots.

B) Nope. I am only pointing out that in such cases commercial law breaks the constitutional law forbidding Congress to pass laws that infringe on religious practice. Though, I have an opinion, I am only really worried about the fact, that so many seem not well enough educated in logic to see the problem and therefore think is okay to allow the state to break the constitution and the courts to redefine the meaning of the Constitution as well as to apply laws selectively. This is a real danger to society as a whole, showing as it does that rule of law is not secure and the individual citizen is unprotected from government power. This is much worse than private prejudice, as the state has much more power to deliver. It is an idiot that does not watch closely and guard strictly, where it concerns the power she must grant the persons she employs to do the work of governing.

So in simple terms, it is fine to punish the baker, if you force every business to service any that come. But if you want to go that route, you must alter the Constitution. You might have a situationally stupid law, but it would have come about constitutionally. What is not okay, is to allow the Constitution to say that Congress will not interfere in religious practice and then allow Congress to enact a law that does exactly that in certain circumstances.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion because a bigot is simply a person that does not like or accept another simply for being who they are...

Exactly. That is what is happening here. It is more straight forward in the case of the baker and the wedding cake, but essentially it is the same.

Exactly. That is what is happening here. It is more straight forward in the case of the baker and the wedding cake, but essentially it is the same.

LInks? facts? that its the same based on rights, law and the Constitution please . . .oh that right you have none lol

Maybe they do. And that is economically not smart. It also can, as in the 1950s and 1960s cause unrest, when large groups of persons act as swarms in this respect. Then it can make sense to grant the government exceptional power to deal with the specific problem for a defined period. But that is no real danger to the community. Real danger comes about, when the government does not act in accordance with the constitution after the specific problem was solved and is no danger to the community. Our problems at the White/Black or Gay/Religious interfaces no longer really require this extraordinary suppression of constitutional rights. This does not mean, we do not have problems, but the White/Black interface that presently might be dangerous is not between a store and the client. It seems more to be between the government and the individual Black or religious person, whose constitutional rights are massively under siege.

LInks? facts? that its the same based on rights, law and the Constitution please . . .oh that right you have none lol

If you have not read up on it by now, looking up links for you would be a total waste of time. Ibid, if you did not understand the links I know have been shown you.

If you have not read up on it by now, looking up links for you would be a total waste of time. Ibid, if you did not understand the links I know have been shown you.

Translation: you have nothgin and are deflecting for all to see LMAO Your claim was refusing service to this lady would be the say as what the bakers did to the gays.
Ill ask you again to provide ONE fact that makes your posted lie true . . one, you wont because you cant. but we'll be waiting, thanks! :D

the one that says you can't refuse service to someone.
lowes is a public store.

she is old and a women and if they refuse her service she can file a discrimination suit against them.

There is literally no law in the known universe that says you cannot refuse service to someone if they object to the race of the delivery person. You are talking out of your ass.

Anonymous polls suck. I would like to know who the two degenerate pieces of human trash are that actually said the manager was right.

There is literally no law in the known universe that says you cannot refuse service to someone if they object to the race of the delivery person. You are talking out of your ass.

please see public accommodation laws.

you don't get to pick and choose which person you service or not. if you are open to the public then you must serve them regardless of their views.
the only time that you can't serve them is if they are deemed a physical threat to the store or are being belligerent.

by canceling her order like that lowes could open themselves up to a discrimination suit.

Anonymous polls suck. I would like to know who the two degenerate pieces of human trash are that actually said the manager was right.

still waiting to see what exactly the manager did was wrong? they weren't being racist. in some instance probably saved the guy from physical harm possibly if he did show up.
there was nothing on the managers part that could be construed as over the line.

we have another knee jerk reaction, but that is what the PC crowd is all about. lack of logic 100% of the time and constant appeals to emotion.

1.)please see public accommodation laws.
2.) you don't get to pick and choose which person you service or not. if you are open to the public then you must serve them regardless of their views.
the only time that you can't serve them is if they are deemed a physical threat to the store or are being belligerent.
3.) by canceling her order like that lowes could open themselves up to a discrimination suit.
LOL thank you for again showing us how severely uneducated you are on this topic.
1.) yep theres nothign they and facts and laws proof you wrong again
2.) 100% factually false. disagree?I DIRECTLY CHALLENGE YOU FOR ALL TO SEE: list the exact factual law this breaks
3.) see @2 there is no illegal discrimination in the scenario, disagree? same direct challenge. You wont answer r these questions cause you cant cause your statments are factually wrong :D

who bets my questions are dodged again?

A) That is certainly the bedrock on which bigotry always stands, though, usually the bigot will not admit to the fact and will choose things he believes redeem his opinion and talk about "the n****r, fag, Jew" to underline the difference between himself and the bigots.

There just is a difference between being intolerant of racist dirtbags, for example, and racist dirtbags. Some people would all the former and the latter 'bigots' which is fine, but there is no equivalency between them.

B) Nope. I am only pointing out that in such cases commercial law breaks the constitutional law forbidding Congress to pass laws that infringe on religious practice.

The Constitution doesn't forbid Congress to "infringe on religious practice." You appear to be a lawyer, so you know that if that was the case, then we each become a law unto ourselves because what is a "religious practice" is unique to each individual. Perhaps my religion requires me to beat my wife if she disobeys, or to stone adulterers. Etc.

Though, I have an opinion, I am only really worried about the fact, that so many seem not well enough educated in logic to see the problem and therefore think is okay to allow the state to break the constitution and the courts to redefine the meaning of the Constitution as well as to apply laws selectively.

The problem may be the example you're using here. There was no denial of service to this woman. The truck was in the process of delivering her goods. She has no right, constitutional or otherwise, to demand that she be served only by whites. I doubt she even has a contractual claim here, even if Lowes made some kind of oral agreement to have her stuff delivered by white guys only, since that kind of agreement is contrary to public policy. Even if not, she had an enforceable agreement to have her stuff delivered and Lowes substantially complies with that whether or she gets her two WHITE drivers or one white and one black. What possible damages did she suffer? None.

This is a real danger to society as a whole, showing as it does that rule of law is not secure and the individual citizen is unprotected from government power. This is much worse than private prejudice, as the state has much more power to deliver. It is an idiot that does not watch closely and guard strictly, where it concerns the power she must grant the persons she employs to do the work of governing.

Government's power in this case is being exercised in protecting the rights of all its citizens in the marketplace. If you prefer, the government is making the kind of trade offs it does with every law. The "right" of the baker and anyone else in any line of business to discriminate against anyone she pleases versus the right of disfavored minorities to participate in commerce.

So in simple terms, it is fine to punish the baker, if you force every business to service any that come. But if you want to go that route, you must alter the Constitution. You might have a situationally stupid law, but it would have come about constitutionally. What is not okay, is to allow the Constitution to say that Congress will not interfere in religious practice and then allow Congress to enact a law that does exactly that in certain circumstances.

I'll just say that I'm very unimpressed with the idea that uttering "religious views!!" carries magical powers. If we are going to allow the baker to discriminate against gays because of "religion," then why should we not permit the Klansman to hang a "Whites Only! No Muslims! No Jews!" sign in his business? Obviously, in my view, if we allow the first we should allow the second.

And, again, Congress can obviously enact a law that interferes with a religious practice or there are no actual laws, just voluntary suggestions.

you don't get to pick and choose which person you service or not. if you are open to the public then you must serve them regardless of their views.

by canceling her order like that lowes could open themselves up to a discrimination suit.

Public accommodation laws require that Lowes provide service to pretty much anyone. And Lowes did. They sold her something and agreed to deliver it. She has no right to make a demand that the delivery team be all white. That's not covered in any public accommodation law.

Do you really think you have an enforceable "right" to go into a restaurant, for example, and demand that you get served by a straight white female ONLY, instead of whoever happens to be covering the section in which you're seated? It's insane. If some gay guy comes over to your table, you have a right to get up and leave, but not to demand and for the government to enforce your demand that you be seated in some other section or to have some special arrangement for the white girl to take your order and serve your rack of ribs.

Goodness, who denied anyone "service" here? Sure as hell wasn't Lowes!

There is no public accommodation law which states that one may demand that a certain race, religion or gender of employee be assigned to serve them. If you think otherwise then please post a link to such a law.

Public accommodation laws require that Lowes provide service to pretty much anyone. And Lowes did. They sold her something and agreed to deliver it. She has no right to make a demand that the delivery team be all white. That's not covered in any public accommodation law.

Do you really think you have an enforceable "right" to go into a restaurant, for example, and demand that you get served by a straight white female ONLY, instead of whoever happens to be covering the section in which you're seated? It's insane. If some gay guy comes over to your table, you have a right to get up and leave, but not to demand and for the government to enforce your demand that you be seated in some other section or to have some special arrangement for the white girl to take your order and serve your rack of ribs.

they canceled her order for no reason. IE they refused to service what she ordered.

Back
Top Bottom