• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart is a bleeping moron.

i'll go, i've always wanted a medditeranean holiday, and i'll take pictures for Mr. ferris here, but i'll have to have stop overs in greece, italy and spain first :)

Looking forward to the visit, Spuddy Boy! The San Miguel is on ice and the paella's bubbling nicely. I'll come with to Gaza too, got my own Sony Z1 to record it all on.

John Stewart is a Comedy God... so is Krauthammer.

So the OP's premise is that NOBODY is starving in Gaza. Ok then.

I don't get such topics.
If you wish to argue if the Gazan population is starving or not, simply watch videos of the regular life in Gaza and judge for yourself.
There are countless of videos (mainly by al-Jazeera) on the web where they're interviewing Gazan people.

I for one know for certain that Gazans are not starving, not with 15,000 tons of humanitarian aid being pushed into their little piece of land every week.

This doesnt have to be an either or type of thing. Yes...Jon Stewart can be an idiot...of COURSE he is a partisan whore who looks for any and everyway to spin things in a pro leftist/liberal way...

AND/BUT

Having lots of food doesnt equate to health. The majority of obese people in America are obese not because the AMOUNT of food but rather the type/quality of food. A stead diet of simple carbs will lead to obesity. And what is the cheapest and easiest food source that is commonly given to the poor? Yep...simple carbs...

This doesnt have to be an either or type of thing. Yes...Jon Stewart can be an idiot...of COURSE he is a partisan whore who looks for any and everyway to spin things in a pro leftist/liberal way...

AND/BUT

Having lots of food doesnt equate to health. The majority of obese people in America are obese not because the AMOUNT of food but rather the type/quality of food. A stead diet of simple carbs will lead to obesity. And what is the cheapest and easiest food source that is commonly given to the poor? Yep...simple carbs...

Well call me an idiot but I thought that when people are starving it means that there's a lack in food.

Today Jon Stewart took issue with Charles Krauthammer asserting that people in Gaza weren't starving and said something along the lines that Krauthammer has no heart, well guess what Stewart you ignorant little ****, not only are they not starving their men are the 8th most obese in the world and their women are the third most obese in the world.

http://vladtepesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/14-Obesity.jpg

Your figures are 10 years old. The blockade started 3 years ago.

I don't know if the people of Gaza are starving or not, but I do know that an old chart that came out years before the blockade isn't indicative of anything.

lmfao obesity has nothing to do with weight gain it has to do with an excess of body fat and you don't gain body fat if you're ****ing starving or even not getting more than your daily need of caloric intake. Not only are they getting more than their daily caloric need but they are getting an excess of calories.
No, BMI has nothing at all to do with body fat. BMI is determined by your height and weight. At my most physically fit, with very little body fat and high muscle mass, my BMI put me in the 'overweight' zone. I'd defy anyone to look at a pic of me at that time and call me 'overweight'.

BMI is not a good judge of health or obesity.

You don't get fatter if you're ****ing starving. Holy ****ing Christ. You don't get fatter unless you're eating more than your recommended daily calories. If they're malnurished then they are only malnurished in the sense that they are receiving excessive calories not insufficient calories but what are you asserting that we should get the Palestinians each a nutritionist? :roll: By your standards college kids who only eat fast foods are in the same boat as starving Africans. What a ****ing crock.
Actually, you CAN gain weight even if you eat very little. Hormonal imbalances will do that.

The focus on stravation is disingenuous anyway. Let's look at what Stewart said:

Jon: "This next statement by Charles Krauthammer may be the stupidest #@#$ thing anyone has ever said about the Middle East ever . . ."
Krauthammer, looking like a ghoul: "What exactly is the humanitarian crisis that the flotilla was addressing? There is none! There's no one starving in Gaza."
Jon, mimicking Krauthammer with his classic incredulous look: "In fact I think there's a Sandals resort there."
Jon: "You know, whatever you may think of the respect leaderships, Israel or Hamas, whoever you pray to or whatever direction you may pray to, if you can't even look to Gaza [cut to the destruction of Gaza] and agree that there is suffering there that needs to be alleviated no matter who is to blame for it then your heart is so dead that tourists flock to float their backs in it."

Americans United for Palestinian Human Rights - Home

Let's at least be clear on what Stewart is criticizing Krauthammer for.

I don't know if the people of Gaza are starving or not, but I do know that an old chart that came out years before the blockade isn't indicative of anything.

Considering that aid has actually increased since 2003 I would say it does.

No, BMI has nothing at all to do with body fat. BMI is determined by your height and weight. At my most physically fit, with very little body fat and high muscle mass, my BMI put me in the 'overweight' zone. I'd defy anyone to look at a pic of me at that time and call me 'overweight'.

You need calories to gain muscle as well.

Actually, you CAN gain weight even if you eat very little. Hormonal imbalances will do that.

You can not gain weight without eating in excess of your daily necessary caloric intake. I don't care what hormone problems you are suffering from, your body can't create calories from nothing and calories are necessary to increase muscle or fat.

Once more, if you wish to determine whether the people of Gaza are starving or not, simply watch videos taken from there.
Here's a video by al-Jazeera:

0:44 into the video, fat kid in red shirt.

The focus on stravation is disingenuous anyway. Let's look at what Stewart said:

Jon: "This next statement by Charles Krauthammer may be the stupidest #@#$ thing anyone has ever said about the Middle East ever . . ."
Krauthammer, looking like a ghoul: "What exactly is the humanitarian crisis that the flotilla was addressing? There is none! There's no one starving in Gaza."
Jon, mimicking Krauthammer with his classic incredulous look: "In fact I think there's a Sandals resort there."
Jon: "You know, whatever you may think of the respect leaderships, Israel or Hamas, whoever you pray to or whatever direction you may pray to, if you can't even look to Gaza [cut to the destruction of Gaza] and agree that there is suffering there that needs to be alleviated no matter who is to blame for it then your heart is so dead that tourists flock to float their backs in it."

Americans United for Palestinian Human Rights - Home

Let's at least be clear on what Stewart is criticizing Krauthammer for.

lmfao Krauthammer brought up starvation and the fact that Gazans are not starving, Jon Stewart took issue with that, and in response brought up suffering, so if anyone is being disengenous it is Jon Stewart by replying to the fact that Gazans aren't starving with the straw man argument that there is suffering going on in Gaza. Yes there is suffering going on in Gaza and Hamas not Israel is responsible for that suffering which is not on par with the suffering going on in countries where people are actually starving to ****ing death, and for some reason Gaza gets a special place revieving the highest per capita of foreign aid of any country when they are not half as in need as many other countries where the situation is much worse.

Once more, if you wish to determine whether the people of Gaza are starving or not, simply watch videos taken from there.
Here's a video by al-Jazeera:

0:44 into the video, fat kid in red shirt.

Is that all you found? A single kid who looks moderately overweight?

Look, I've found a rich african. Therefore I guess there is no poverty in Africa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobutu_Sese_Seko#Legacy

Last edited:
Considering that aid has actually increased since 2003 I would say it does.
No, it does not. Another study with updated figures that are NOT BMI might, however.

You can not gain weight without eating in excess of your daily necessary caloric intake.
Yes, you can. If you have hormonal imbalances, you can gain weight from eating extremely little, so little that you'd be hungry all the ****ing time, but still gain weight.

I don't care what hormone problems you are suffering from, your body can't create calories from nothing and calories are necessary to increase muscle or fat.
And you could eat a few hundred calories a day and gain weight from hormonal imbalances that could possibly be caused by poor nutrition.

Last edited:
Is that all you found? A single kid who looks moderately overweight?

And the rest of the kids look completely average, no?
And that's from the first video I found on the net.

lmfao Krauthammer brought up starvation and the fact that Gazans are not starving, Jon Stewart took issue with that, and in response brought up suffering, so if anyone is being disengenous it is Jon Stewart by replying to the fact that Gazans aren't starving with the straw man argument that there is suffering going on in Gaza. Yes there is suffering going on in Gaza and Hamas not Israel is responsible for that suffering which is not on par with the suffering going on in countries where people are actually starving to ****ing death, and for some reason Gaza gets a special place revieving the highest per capita of foreign aid of any country when they are not half as in need as many other countries where the situation is much worse.

What do you suppose Krauthammer's point was. Perhaps you can give us his quote in its entirity?

And no one here is arguing responsibility. In fact, Stewart said regardless of who is responsible. So, let's stay focused for a while longer. ;)

What do you suppose Krauthammer's point was. Perhaps you can give us his quote in its entirity?

That the suffering in Gaza is more than a little exaggerated especially comared to countries which are actually suffering and in well more need of aid; such as, most of Africa.

No, it does not. Another study with updated figures that are NOT BMI might, however.

Yes, you can. If you have hormonal imbalances, you can gain weight from eating extremely little, so little that you'd be hungry all the ****ing time, but still gain weight.

And you could eat a few hundred calories a day and gain weight from hormonal imbalances that could possibly be caused by poor nutrition.

Explain to me how your body can increase muscle and/or fat growth without excessive caloric intake, your body can't create more fat or muscle without an abundance of calories, if you have poor nutrition but are not getting more than enough calories your body will burn either fat or muscle and you will lose weight. You simply can't create something from nothing I do not care how poor your nutrition is, this is the first rule of thermodynamics, if your body could produce an increase in fat and/or muscle without intaking more calories than it burns then you would have the makings for a ****ing perpetual motion machine.

The human body is a machine and like any machine must obey the laws of thermodynamics meaning that it can not produce more energy than is put into it.

Last edited:
That the suffering in Gaza is more than a little exaggerated especially comared to countries which are actually suffering and in well more need of aid; such as, most of Africa.

Then Stewart's comment is spot on.

Explain to me how your body can increase muscle and/or fat growth without excessive caloric intake, your body can't create more fat or muscle without an abundance of calories, if you have poor nutrition but are not getting more than enough calories your body will burn either fat or muscle and you will lose weight. You simply can't create something from nothing I do not care how poor your nutrition is, this is the first rule of thermodynamics, if your body could produce an increase in fat and/or muscle without intaking more calories than it burns then you would have the makings for a ****ing perpetual motion machine.
Your body is not burning the calories, that's how. You have an abundance of calories because of hormonal imbalances, your body does not burn any calories. (or burns extremely little) Being a sufferer of thyroid disorders my entire life, I know a bit about it. It becomes impossible to burn the amount of calories that one eats, unless one works out 10 hours a day. So, it would take very little caloric intake to actually gain weight. And hormonal imbalances can be cause by poor nutrition in the first place (among other things)

Not to mention that someone who has poor nutrition can be eating very caloric rich foods and gain weight, but still be nutritionally 'starving' by way of extreme vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

According to the Child Development Index of the Save the Children Foundation the disputed territories are well above many countries, they are almost on par with developed nations, on equal footing with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, and the UAE and well ahead of almost all African nations:

Save the Children UK What we do: Child Development Index

- these figures are up to 10 years old, and before the blockade anyways
- these figures concern all the Palestinian territories, not just Gaza.

Your body is not burning the calories, that's how. You have an abundance of calories because of hormonal imbalances, your body does not burn any calories. (or burns extremely little) Being a sufferer of thyroid disorders my entire life, I know a bit about it. It becomes impossible to burn the amount of calories that one eats, unless one works out 10 hours a day.

So what you're saying is that the human body does not obey the laws of thermodynamics. :roll:

Tell me how that works exactly, how the hell does the human body produce work without converting stored energy (calories) into heat energy and work energy? Your body produces work energy even when just lying down on the couch, it requires the burning of calories to pump your heart and press the buttons on your remote control so if you are intaking less calories than it requires to produce that work the body must burn the energy stored within fat and muscle to make up the difference and you will lose weight. That is the first law of thermodynamics, a system simply can not produce more energy than the energy that is introduced into the system.

So, it would take very little caloric intake to actually gain weight. And hormonal imbalances can be cause by poor nutrition in the first place (among other things)

It is a violation of the laws of thermodynamics to gain fat and/or muscle without ingesting more calories than you burn.

Not to mention that someone who has poor nutrition can be eating very caloric rich foods and gain weight, but still be nutritionally 'starving' by way of extreme vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

Yes you can have poor nutrition without starving but are college kids who eat nothing but fast food in the same category as starving kids in Africa? I don't think so. If you want to argue that nutrition in Palestine is bad that's one thing, but to argue that they are going hungry and are somehow deprived is cheapening the plight of people who are actually starving to death all over the world.

Last edited:
Well call me an idiot but I thought that when people are starving it means that there's a lack in food.

I wont call you an idiot...but if your belly is full of sawdust you arent starving but you arent nourished either...

Back
Top Bottom