• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart is a bleeping moron.

I would say that it's not that ****ing old and request that you provide newer statistics that contradict these statistics.

Ok fine. Lets say I concede your rediculous assumption that Palistinians live in the lap of luxury. Will you take up my offer. I only say it because I could make a lot of money documenting it.

Will you go to live there in the conditions as the rest of the Palistinians for 2 weeks? I ask you.

Ok fine. Lets say I concede your rediculous assumption that Palistinians live in the lap of luxury.

I never said that they live in the lap of luxory, I said that they are not starving just as Krauthammer said, Krauthammer was right and Jon Stuart is a ****ing moron for taking offense and getting holier than though.

Will you take up my offer. I only say it because I could make a lot of money documenting it.

Will you go to live there in the conditions as the rest of the Palistinians for 2 weeks? I ask you.

Why in the **** would I want to go and live with a bunch of genocidal theo-fascist scum? I'd sooner go live under Kim Jon Il, atleast in North Korea I wouldn't have to convert Islam or face persecution or worse. If it wasn't for Hamas Gaza would in fact be a mediteranian paradise, do you realize how much ****ing money those people get annually in international aid? They got $7.7 billion in international aid between 2008 and 2010 for 3.5 million people, that's $1,250 dollars in mother ****ing welfare annually in a country whose GDP PPP is only $12.5 billion. They get equal to 1/3 of their entire GDP in foreign aid every god damn year. They are the worlds largest per capita benefactors of international aid, no wonder they're so ****ing fat, all they do is sit around all day, eat, and build suicide bombs and rockets.

Last edited:
What I take exception to is a meaningless obesity chart. Perhaps we can find something more factual and verifiable?

Gaza is dying. The Israeli siege of the Palestinian enclave is so tight that its people are on the edge of starvation. Here on the shores of the Mediterranean a great tragedy is taking place that is being ignored because the world's attention has been diverted by wars in Lebanon and Iraq.

A whole society is being destroyed. There are 1.5 million Palestinians imprisoned in the most heavily populated area in the world. Israel has stopped all trade. It has even forbidden fishermen to go far from the shore so they wade into the surf to try vainly to catch fish with hand-thrown nets.

'Gaza is a jail. Nobody is allowed to leave. We are all starving now' - Middle East, World - The Independent

For the past year and a half, Israel, with the full backing and encouragement of the quartet of Middle East mediators (the European Union, the United States, the United Nations and Russia), as well as Egypt, Saudi Arabia and even the West Bank-based PLO, has maintained an economic blockade on the Gaza Strip.

Generally it has allowed into Gaza only the equivalent of the UN minimum number of calories required daily for subsistence, multiplied by the 1.5 million or so population of the Gaza Strip, along with minimal medical supplies and fuel.

This economic-warfare strategy against Gaza has failed totally; indeed, it has proven counterproductive. Now is the right time for all involved to reconsider its usefulness and thereby raise a major contribution to long-term cease-fire efforts.

The purpose of Israel's economic blockade was to persuade Gazans, by reducing their lives to subsistence level, to somehow depose Hamas and join the peace process with Israel. It was paralleled by a program of accelerated economic investment in the West Bank, spearheaded by the quartet's emissary, Tony Blair, which was intended to persuade West Bankers of the benefits of peace. Sticks for Gazans, carrots for the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/opinion/15iht-edalpher.1.19391487.html

Now, we can play the routine semantics games, or listen to exactly what Stewart said and meant. Palestinians are suffering. And Krauthammer's flippant comment does not accurately reflect the conditions in Palestine, and Stewart was right to call him on it.

What I take exception to is a meaningless obesity chart. Perhaps we can find something more factual and verifiable?

Gaza is dying. The Israeli siege of the Palestinian enclave is so tight that its people are on the edge of starvation. Here on the shores of the Mediterranean a great tragedy is taking place that is being ignored because the world's attention has been diverted by wars in Lebanon and Iraq.

A whole society is being destroyed. There are 1.5 million Palestinians imprisoned in the most heavily populated area in the world. Israel has stopped all trade. It has even forbidden fishermen to go far from the shore so they wade into the surf to try vainly to catch fish with hand-thrown nets.

'Gaza is a jail. Nobody is allowed to leave. We are all starving now' - Middle East, World - The Independent

For the past year and a half, Israel, with the full backing and encouragement of the quartet of Middle East mediators (the European Union, the United States, the United Nations and Russia), as well as Egypt, Saudi Arabia and even the West Bank-based PLO, has maintained an economic blockade on the Gaza Strip.

Generally it has allowed into Gaza only the equivalent of the UN minimum number of calories required daily for subsistence, multiplied by the 1.5 million or so population of the Gaza Strip, along with minimal medical supplies and fuel.

This economic-warfare strategy against Gaza has failed totally; indeed, it has proven counterproductive. Now is the right time for all involved to reconsider its usefulness and thereby raise a major contribution to long-term cease-fire efforts.

The purpose of Israel's economic blockade was to persuade Gazans, by reducing their lives to subsistence level, to somehow depose Hamas and join the peace process with Israel. It was paralleled by a program of accelerated economic investment in the West Bank, spearheaded by the quartet's emissary, Tony Blair, which was intended to persuade West Bankers of the benefits of peace. Sticks for Gazans, carrots for the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/opinion/15iht-edalpher.1.19391487.html

Now, we can play the routine semantics games, or listen to exactly what Stewart said and meant. Palestinians are suffering. And Krauthammer's flippant comment does not accurately reflect the conditions in Palestine, and Stewart was right to call him on it.

lmfao@ "we are all starving" article. These people are some of the fattest on the planet. They aren't starving if anything they need to go on a diet.

Your assertions that they are on the edge of starvation are ****ing laughable, these people get $1,250 a year in foreign aid. They are the worlds largest benefactors of international aid on the ****ing planet. The aid should be cut off and diverted to people who actually need it.

Last edited:
lmfao@ "we are all starving" article. These people are some of the fattest on the planet. They aren't starving if anything they need to go on a diet.

Your assertions that they are on the edge of starvation are ****ing laughable, these people get $1,250 a year in foreign aid. They are the worlds largest benefactors of international aid on the ****ing planet. The aid should be cut off and diverted to people who actually need it.

Ok fine. It's so good to live there, go. The offer is still on the table, and BTW you will be completely protected by security forces (not by Hamas) my garuntee. I'm 100% serious. I will fly you to Palestine. You will live as all Palistinians live for 2 weeks. Completely protected.

So, you choose the mindless game playing. Noted.

Today Jon Stewart took issue with Charles Krauthammer asserting that people in Gaza weren't starving and said something along the lines that Krauthammer has no heart, well guess what Stewart you ignorant little ****, not only are they not starving their men are the 8th most obese in the world and their women are the third most obese in the world.

http://vladtepesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/14-Obesity.jpg

Obesity is not always a sign of excess. It can be a sign of deficiency as well. Ailing water metabolism due to malnourished kidneys, or reduced metabolic function due to improper diet can both cause visible weight increase. It doesn't necessarily mean they are getting access to abundant nutrition. A better indication of proper nutrition is muscle density.

Obesity is not always a sign of excess. It can be a sign of deficiency as well. Ailing water metabolism due to malnourished kidneys, or reduced metabolic function due to improper diet can both cause visible weight increase. It doesn't necessarily mean they are getting access to abundant nutrition. A better indication of proper nutrition is muscle density.

I was thinking about getting that information for him, but thought it a waste of time. But, you're rigth of course.

Ok fine. It's so good to live there, go. The offer is still on the table, and BTW you will be completely protected by security forces (not by Hamas) my garuntee. I'm 100% serious. I will fly you to Palestine. You will live as all Palistinians live for 2 weeks. Completely protected.

Once again, why in the **** would I want to go and live with a bunch of genocidal theo-fascist scum? I'd sooner go live under Kim Jon Il, atleast in North Korea I wouldn't have to convert Islam or face persecution or worse. If it wasn't for Hamas Gaza would in fact be a mediteranian paradise, do you realize how much ****ing money those people get annually in international aid? They got $7.7 billion in international aid between 2008 and 2010 for 3.5 million people, that's $1,250 dollars in mother ****ing welfare annually in a country whose GDP PPP is only $12.5 billion. They get equal to 1/3 of their entire GDP in foreign aid every god damn year. They are the worlds largest per capita benefactors of international aid, no wonder they're so ****ing fat, all they do is sit around all day, eat, and build suicide bombs and rockets.

lmfao obesity has nothing to do with weight gain it has to do with an excess of body fat and you don't gain body fat if you're ****ing starving or even not getting more than your daily need of caloric intake. Not only are they getting more than their daily caloric need but they are getting an excess of calories.

So, you choose the mindless game playing. Noted.

Mindless game playing is asserting that the Palestinians are starving when they're ****ing obese, and saying that they're in need when they're the largest per capita benefactors of foreign aid on the planet, reveiving $1,250 per person per year which is more than the entire annual salary of people who are actually in need.

Mindless game playing is asserting that the Palestinians are starving when they're ****ing obese, and saying that they're in need when they're the largest per capita benefactors of foreign aid on the planet, reveiving $1,250 per person per year which is more than the entire annual salary of people who are actually in need.

And all you have is a chart. Any factual news? Any facts related to it? I gave you two articles. It isn't just about food, semantics, but about conditions. Stewart didn't say they were starving. He showed living conditions, and made fun of the flippant comment. Again, do you want to address the reality, or paly games? I can do either. ;)

lmfao obesity has nothing to do with weight gain it has to do with an excess of body fat and you don't gain body fat if you're ****ing starving or even not getting more than your daily need of caloric intake. Not only are they getting more than their daily caloric need but they are getting an excess of calories.

Caloric reduction can reduce body weight, this is true, but calories are not the only indicators of obesity, as I have already stated. You can't make a blanket statement about populations unless you know the reasons.

For example, America's population is obese but it is largely deficiency-related obesity. If you are eating a high calorie diet but one that is rich in key nutrients, you will have a much lesser chance of become obese than if you eat a calorie rich, nutrient-deficient diet.

The people of Gaza are overweight because the quality of their food is low, despite having access to quantity. They could be eating a lot of carbs like flat breads but not getting enough fruits and vegetables. Your body converts sugars (from carbs) to fat and without phyto-nutrients and muscle to burn the fat, obesity will ensue.

As I said earlier, muscle density is a more accurate tool of malnutrition than fat content. It is for this reason that a population of emaciated people and a population of obese people can both suffer from malnutrition.

Caloric reduction can reduce body weight, this is true, but calories are not the only indicators of obesity, as I have already stated. You can't make a blanket statement about populations unless you know the reasons.

For example, America's population is obese but it is largely deficiency-related obesity. If you are eating a high calorie diet but one that is rich in key nutrients, you will have a much lesser chance of become obese than if you eat a calorie rich, nutrient-deficient diet.

The people of Gaza are overweight because the quality of their food is low, despite having access to quantity. They could be eating a lot of carbs like flat breads but not getting enough fruits and vegetables. Your body converts sugars (from carbs) to fat and without phyto-nutrients and muscle to burn the fat, obesity will ensue.

As I said earlier, muscle density is more accurate tool of malnutrition than fat content. It is for this reason that a population of emaciated people and a population of obese people can both suffer from malnutrition.

You don't get fatter if you're ****ing starving. Holy ****ing Christ. You don't get fatter unless you're eating more than your recommended daily calories. If they're malnurished then they are only malnurished in the sense that they are receiving excessive calories not insufficient calories but what are you asserting that we should get the Palestinians each a nutritionist? :roll: By your standards college kids who only eat fast foods are in the same boat as starving Africans. What a ****ing crock.

You don't get fatter if you're ****ing starving. Holy ****ing Christ. You don't get fatter unless you're eating more than your recommended daily calories. If they're malnurished then they are only malnurished in the sense that they are receiving excessive calories not insufficient calories but what are you asserting that we should get the Palestinians each a nutritionist? :roll: By your standards college kids who only eat fast foods are in the same boat as starving Africans. What a ****ing crock.

You can however eat a lot of crap, be malnurished and be fat. Poor people are often fat because cheap diets led to weight gain. You chart simply has too many questions to support your claim, and does not accurate address Stewart's comments.

What a gross misrepresentation of what I said.

I'm done with your mouth foaming.

Carry on.

i'll go, i've always wanted a medditeranean holiday, and i'll take pictures for Mr. ferris here, but i'll have to have stop overs in greece, italy and spain first :)

You can however eat a lot of crap, be malnurished and be fat. Poor people are often fat because cheap diets led to weight gain.

By your standards college kids who eat a lot of fast food are in the same boat as starving Africans, give me a ****ing break. You can't be hungry and gain fat it simply doesn't ****ing work like that, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, I don't care if it's a calorie from ice cream or a calorie from brocolli, if you aren't eating more than your daily necessity then you won't gain weight.

You chart simply has too many questions to support your claim, and does not accurate address Stewart's comments.

My chart proves that Gazan's aren't going hungry and in fact need to go on a diet.

What a gross misrepresentation of what I said.

I'm done with your mouth foaming.

Carry on.

A calorie is a calorie is a calorie, I don't care if it's a calorie from ice cream or a calorie from brocolli, if you aren't eating more than your daily necessity then you won't gain weight. Yes you may eat a lot of crappy food and technically be malnourished, but that doesn't mean that you're going hungry, college kids who eat to much fast food are malnourished in the same way but they are hardly in the same category as starving kids from Africa.

Last edited:
A calorie is a calorie is a calorie, I don't care if it's a calorie from ice cream or a calorie from brocolli, if you aren't eating more than your daily necessity then you won't gain weight. Yes you may eat a lot of crappy food and technically be malnourished, but that doesn't mean that you're going hungry, college kids who eat to much fast food are malnourished in the same way but they are hardly in the same category as starving kids from Africa.

Not true. You are unhealthy, malnurished, and ineffect deteriorating. You can eat carboard and feel full, but you won't substain life.

The Gazan's may not be starving, but they do live in poverty and have a very hard and poor quality of life. However this is due to their leadership, not Israel "oppressing" them.

Then why are they attempting to buy weapons......are they low on iron supplements?

*Facepalm*

Are you honestly suggesting that every Gazan is a terrorist attempting to buy weapons?

No, but if I live in "Ethiopia" that last thing I'd be concerned with is guns when my family has nothing to eat.

He has stated multiple times that he is not running a news show, and people basing him as news, need to think again.

What i think his show does is one, make me laugh, and two expose what a phail the media is.
In no way do I take him for news, and I dont hate him for any of his comments cause its comedy ffs :)

Back
Top Bottom