• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For all the South-haters...

Yeah, Baucus was one of those architects of Obama care and yes he is retiring. But over all he has with that exception been pretty true to Montana and its people. At least he didn't need to be bribed and was honest in his portrayal of his part in Obama care. No the handwritting isn't on the wall, that is unless the voters send these folks who put party over the people who elected them to the dust bin of history, you will continue to get Republicans and Democrats in congress instead of Americans.

Now I can respect senators like Schumer and Fienstein, although they vote and most of their policies are 100% opposite of me, they do a good job of voting their states and peoples wishes.

In the case of Democrats Schumer and Feinstein, how difficult can it be to represent their voters in New York and California when they are overwhelmingly Democrat? Same applies to Pelosi. Piece of cake other Senators, who have to represent both parties in their State, wish they had, IMO. :shock:

Since the Senate is my passion in politics, I must subconsciously support the filibuster. Louisiana may have the two most crooked Senators of all. And they like it. As they liked the Longs. Rank still has it's privilege as you well know. I just don' believe that Senator Landrieu has kept that aspirin between her legs in her rise to the top.

LOL, yeah. One of these days I will have to tell you about the White Rose in Vientiane and what those gals had between their legs. Yeah, your right, they tend to love their crooked politicians.

In the case of Democrats Schumer and Feinstein, how difficult can it be to represent their voters in New York and California when they are overwhelmingly Democrat? Same applies to Pelosi. Piece of cake other Senators, who have to represent both parties in their State, wish they had, IMO. :shock:

Good point, what I like to do is look at the democratic senators from red states and the republican senators from blue states. This is why I have no problem with Toomey be a sponsor the background checks. I think the people of Penn wanted them. I also think Pryor, Begish and Baucaus voted the way their folks back home wanted them too. If Brown had defeated Warren in Mass, I would have expected him to also vote for the bill. McCaskill of Missouri is a traitor to the folks of Missouri by voting for the bill, but we already knew she doesn't care one iota about what Missourians want.

The reason I felt the need to post this stuff, is there's a certain clique of ignorant wretches who like to pretend there is nothing south of the Mason-Dixon line but barns and cows and slack-jawed inbred racist hicks.

thanks for the post, many of the places you posted I have been to on the bike and they are some of the most beautiful places in this nation.

Good point, what I like to do is look at the democratic senators from red states and the republican senators from blue states. This is why I have no problem with Toomey be a sponsor the background checks. I think the people of Penn wanted them. I also think Pryor, Begish and Baucaus voted the way their folks back home wanted them too. If Brown had defeated Warren in Mass, I would have expected him to also vote for the bill. McCaskill of Missouri is a traitor to the folks of Missouri by voting for the bill, but we already knew she doesn't care one iota about what Missourians want.

You know, Pero, that Missouri has the nickname "Show Me State." Sure looks like they're being shown something, doesn't it? :lamo:

You know, Pero, that Missouri has the nickname "Show Me State." Sure looks like they're being shown something, doesn't it? :lamo:

What a choice, one candidate that has a 61% disapproval rating vs. another candidate that had a 69% disapproval rating. The Missouri Senate race last year was a complete failure of the two party system.

The reason I felt the need to post this stuff, is there's a certain clique of ignorant wretches who like to pretend there is nothing south of the Mason-Dixon line but barns and cows and slack-jawed inbred racist hicks.

That is not the whole south, mostly just the Carolinas and Texas. And Louisiana. And Arkansas. Any Georgia.

Oh, I guess it petty much is all the south.

That is not the whole south, mostly just the Carolinas and Texas. And Louisiana. And Arkansas. Any Georgia.

Small minds, what a shame, your missing good people, good food and beautiful parts of the country.

Small minds, what a shame, your missing good people, good food and beautiful parts of the country.

Notice my location. It is under the join date.

That means your one of us now :2razz:

I'm glad you're happy. It's a shame that not everybody can take living in Minnesota.

And in answer to all this talk about the South still being a hotbed of racism...

Darrin Todd Thomas, President

Thomas Media Group, LLC

Florence, SC

Rev. Kenneth Hodges, well known SC House of Representatives leader, minister of Tabernacle Baptist Church and owner of LyBenson Gallery in Beaufort

SC Governor Nikki Randhawa Haley, of Sikh Indian decent...

...and that is just a few of thousands of successful minorities in the modern South.
Did you really just post pictures of two black people and an Indian woman as an answer to people's accusations that the South is full of racism? Did you then claim that there are "thousands" of successful minorities in the "modern South" as further evidence that people's perceptions of the South's relationship to race is wrong?

You probably won't believe me, but you are just proving many Northerners' perceptions of white Southerns.

It's more true than it should be. Wasn't it only a few months ago North Carolina passed a Constitutional Amendment banning homosexual marriage? Was it not a year or two ago when Arizona passed its racial profiling law? I still remember the story from last year in Texas where a man hung a metal chair soon after Clint Eastwood's speech to the RNC.

Of course the whole of the South is not like that. But I think you're drastically overstating the improvements which have been made, especially when you move to the more rural areas.

The South is not full of slackjawed racist ignorant yokels, just like the Northeast is not full of pseudo-intellectual pompous jackasses. It's just that there are more of them there than in other places.
Agreed. Some people overstate the amount overt racism in the South and other people (usually white Southerners who lean conservative, from what I've seen) understate it. And to add to your list of prejudice related issues in the South: Mississippi School Holds First Interracial Prom : NPR

That said, there is a lot of racism in the North as well (NYC stop and frisk anyone?). My perception is that there is more in the South although the South might just be more overt than the North.

I sure do wish more people would hate the south. We have been flooded with so many dag gum northeasterners and midwesterners over the last 30-40 years that they now out number native born southerners.

No that isn't so. I was still in the military then and although it failed, most people gave him credit for trying to do something about hostages. One can fault Jimmy Carter while president for a lot of things, this isn't one of them. I do not see how a person can hate any president, a person may disagree with his policies or what he did or did not do, but hate?

Well us civilians didnt agree at all with you.

I sure do wish more people would hate the south. We have been flooded with so many dag gum northeasterners and midwesterners over the last 30-40 years that they now out number native born southerners.

LOL! I like the South for vacations, and I like the Northwestern part of the State of NC very much. Does that count, if I promise not to stay? :thumbs:

I still hate grits and sweet tea...

Good evening, Redress. :2wave:

Once when on a vacation in the South, we stopped for ham and eggs for breakfast. The waitress apologized that they couldn't serve breakfast because they had run out of grits. We told her that was okay, and ordered just the ham and eggs, with toast and coffee. She couldn't believe we were so uncouth, and walked away shaking her head! LOL!!

LOL! I like the South for vacations, and I like the Northwestern part of the State of NC very much. Does that count, if I promise not to stay? :thumbs:

Your welcomed down here anytime. But you did remind me of something I read after the 2010 census. It had to do with migration patterns. Northerners are moving south and southerners moving west.

Well, it's time to call it a day.

Cat is okay, part of his ear has a chunk missing, and he's limping, but he's resting. Stupid cat!

G'nite. :2wave:

Be well.

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't listen to that
you're not missing anything. stay where you are
if you insist on seeing the sunny south, visit mexico. the mexicans will welcome you
southern folks talk with drawls, use landmarks to give directions, and won't accept you as residents until you are at least third generation
it's not like you can cook anything tasty using grits and bacon grease
and we spoil the country view with our run down trailers and old cars sittin' up on blocks
you're not missin' a thing
if you are still curious watch an old episode of dukes of hazard or the squeal like a pig scene from deliverance and save yourself the trip
there's nothing to see here
keep your curious yankee asses at home
oh, and bless your hearts

Lot of those slaves about anymore, are they? Hat tip the Declaration of Independence, War of Independence, the Constitution, through a system they created, that those three were the guts of...eh? I mean Jefferson the DOI, Washington the War of Independence and Madison the Constitution. And wow, allowed us to all, of all colors, to be wealthy, at bare minimum well fed in the contemporary era. Each gave much for the time...then a sweet pool shot, setting the table up for all those next, the shots to come. Truly gave commiserate encompassing that time.

Can you pick out a more magnificent trio?

They were advocates for the slow change. Conceivably it all went too slow at the beginning, and feasible that it went too fast past middle, 1865 forward, accelerating into modern times with a rapidity more than we showed proper maturity for, having lost Lincoln. After WW2 nobody else stepped forward, not after we helped kick Germany then Japan's butts...just betcha the decedents of slaves would probably be nowhere more than here. We still have people sneaking in, always a good sign, despite consequences.

How about John Adams. He accomplished a hell of a lot without the necessity of owning slaves. No matter how much you try and deny it, these educated, refined 'gentlemen' owned other human beings. Thomas Jefferson even slept with a woman he owned.

Good evening, Redress. :2wave:

Once when on a vacation in the South, we stopped for ham and eggs for breakfast. The waitress apologized that they couldn't serve breakfast because they had run out of grits. We told her that was okay, and ordered just the ham and eggs, with toast and coffee. She couldn't believe we were so uncouth, and walked away shaking her head! LOL!!

hopefully, she still served you the red-eye gravy so you could sop your biscuits in it

Back
Top Bottom