• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe there will be a rapture?

Far too many people would weep if that were true. This planet in general bears a far closer resemblance to hell than heaven.

How do you know?
Have you been to hell? To heaven?

I have believed so as well (end times) but then a **** ton of people show up and point out all the other times in history that things went all wonky.

A lot of faiths worldwide talk about the end times occurring right now and how some kind of savior will came to bring us into a golden era that is unprecedented in human history.

I don't know if I believe all angles to the issue, but I do for sure believe we are in the end times right now.

In all seriousness, if the rapture did end up happening, I would become super-pious in a heartbeat. :lol:

In all seriousness, if the rapture did end up happening, I would become super-pious in a heartbeat. :lol:

The problem with that is if the rapture does happen, you missed the boat.

I do believe in the rapture and the Biblical end times.

It's really hard to say. There's several things that this prophecy could represent, and not many people even consider the possibilities, so I don't spend time worrying about it. Whatever happens, happens, and I'm okay with myself.

AHA!! Double post, caught and edited. I'm so proud. :D

Like end of the world sorta ****? Yes, the Earth won't last forever. Eventually we'll get swallowed by the sun or some other disastrous event which will end all life as we know it. Though it won't have anything to do with gods.

Just curious.

Perhaps the rapture is something you experience when you take your last breath-- a release of the soul or spirit.

The evangelical scary fairy tale version derived from misreading of the biblical text -- no.

Far too many people would weep if that were true. This planet in general bears a far closer resemblance to hell than heaven.

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Like end of the world sorta ****? Yes, the Earth won't last forever. Eventually we'll get swallowed by the sun or some other disastrous event which will end all life as we know it. Though it won't have anything to do with gods.

2012 is almost here

rapture.... yes...hmmm...

well, if i ever manage to locate a woman stupid enough to get drunk with me... it might could happen.

i could be waiting til the end of the world, though,

geo.

For myself, I know this. But many people truly live a horrible life.

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I'd get drunk with you, Geo. However, I'm a cheap drunk. I might blow right past to incoherent, followed by comatose.

heheheh.

well, we could take it nice and slow... that works in a lot of arenas.

geo.

No not in particular, wasn't Revelations just a big metaphor to warn the church anyway?

Wish I knew. However as I (barely) recall, John described helicopters.

No not in particular, wasn't Revelations just a big metaphor to warn the church anyway?

Well, with all the gibberish he threw into it, getting a reference close to what a helicopter would be is about as impressive as randomly rolling a 6 on dice after 20 tries. Which is to say "not at all".

So........ who's ready for Ragnarok?

God I wish. Get rid of all of the crazies at once. I can't ask for a better gift.

Uh huh.

Well, sorry you feel that way.

If that day comes in your time, be sure you remember saying this.

Back
Top Bottom