• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are You Having a White Christmas?

Is/Was your Christmas "white" this year?

• Total voters

Dav

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
We almost never get white (snowy, that is) Christmases here, but this year is a notable exception.

jeep-1-e1261421397966.jpg

The above picture is from Saturday, at the height of the storm (the car you see is my car). In all, we got about 20 inches - the biggest blizzard in December to ever hit our area.

The best part: late on Sunday, Fairfax County announced that school would be canceled for the whole week. Since everyone was starting to get immensely worried that we'd still have school in face of the largest snowstorm in decades, I assume they made this decision in the face of bomb threats or something.

The worst part: shoveling the driveway :doh
Also, our neighborhood had to cancel the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminaria"]luminaria[/ame], a seasonal tradition.

So does your Christmas this year involve snow on the ground? And does it usually, or ever?

Just finished blowing and salting. Can't complain though. This time last year I had 6 foot drifts. We got maybe 4 inches. But everythings white.

We had a decent-sized storm hit a couple days ago. It's a real bitch, because I still can't wear a shoe on my left foot.

Well, we have leftover couple-week old snow on the ground. We missed the blizzard of '09 - just barely! It hugged the coast, staying over the water up here in Maine (for the most part).

We were forecast to have snow on Christmas Day, but the forecast shifted to a day later, and now it's rain/snow/mix instead of snow. A local jewelry store must be relieved! :lol: They were running a promotion in early December that promised everything on a certain day (Dec 2nd maybe?) would be free if it snowed on Christmas Day. So close!

No ..thank Ceiling Cat :mrgreen:

Snow is something you visit ..not something that visits you ;)

We almost never get white (snowy, that is) Christmases here, but this year is a notable exception.

The above picture is from Saturday, at the height of the storm (the car you see is my car). In all, we got about 20 inches - the biggest blizzard in December to ever hit our area.

The best part: late on Sunday, Fairfax County announced that school would be canceled for the whole week. Since everyone was starting to get immensely worried that we'd still have school in face of the largest snowstorm in decades, I assume they made this decision in the face of bomb threats or something.

Also, our neighborhood had to cancel the luminaria, a seasonal tradition.

So does your Christmas this year involve snow on the ground? And does it usually, or ever?

Luminaria sounds beautiful!

I'm past the half-century mark in years on the earth, and this is the first time I've seen snow at Christmas.

15 inches here in central Northern Maine over the last day or so, about 18 inches in the Fort Kent area. Noting spectacular though. Just a snowy day in the County. :mrgreen:

The rain has melted all of our snow. :(

I'm in sunny southern California it is about 70 and I love it

hmm, Christmas eve. 10:22 PM, and it is currently 71 degrees outside. I will call that a definitive NO on the white Christmas.

Quite a far cry from my childhood in Michigan. On that tangent, there is something alien to the sight of a palm tree decked out in christmas tree lights, I do not think I will ever be able to wrap my mind around the concept :2razz:

Last edited:

Also, our neighborhood had to cancel the luminaria, a seasonal tradition.

We're expecting a blizzard tonight. -20 or colder, I90 should be closed from boarder to boarder for a couple days, 3-5ft drifts in the flatlands and 12+ inches of global warming in the hills.

They are calling for sleet here:(

Uh, I'm not even going to get home for Christmas because of this crazy weather. It's only an hour away.

I'm past the half-century mark in years on the earth, and this is the first time I've seen snow at Christmas.

I have yet to see snow for myself at all so far.

yespadeswood 148.jpg

padeswood 145.jpgclic on pic

Indulged in my yearly Christmas tradition: beach and ice cream. :)

If we got snow, that'd be pretty damn weird.

Dallas had the first white Christmas in 80 years, thanks to that damn global warming.

Dallas had the first white Christmas in 80 years, thanks to that damn global warming.

Extreme weather is an aspect of global warming from my understanding. In 43 years I can remember one half day of snow one Christmas day that melted by noon.

Thank goodness I'm in SoCal right now and missing that stuff.

I thought we we going to get rain, but it actually did become a White Christmas. :mrgreen:

No snow for Christmas, but we did have some about a week or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom