• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11 YO Bullied Over Being Named "Trump"; More of that Leftist "Tolerance" at Work

Re: 11 YO Bullied Over Being Named "Trump"; More of that Leftist "Tolerance" at Work

I was going to say that could not happen because no one in my family is qualified for the job, but then I remembered Trump

The kid in the story isn't part of the Trump family that President Donald Trump belongs to. Didn't stop some other kids from being jerks and bullies.

Re: 11 YO Bullied Over Being Named "Trump"; More of that Leftist "Tolerance" at Work

The kid in the story isn't part of the Trump family that President Donald Trump belongs to. Didn't stop some other kids from being jerks and bullies.

Yeah, and?

IN the thoroughly Blue State of Delaware, idiot parents have raised their idiot kids to think it's "ok" to bully an 11 Y/O boy for being named "Trump", calling him "stupid", "idiot", tormenting the poor kid to the point that he is CHANGING HIS NAME.

And, instead of CRUSHING THE LITTLE JACKASS BULLIES, the LEFT IDIOT SCHOOL SUGGESTED HE GO BY "JOSHUA T." instead of his full name.

Outrageous:

Joshua Trump, 11, is changing his name over bullying at school: 'They call him stupid'

Eleven-year-old Joshua Trump is changing his name after being bullied by his classmates.

Megan Trump Berto and Bobby Berto of Claymont, Del., say their son Joshua began having a rough time in the Brandywine School District when President Trump starting running for office. “They curse at him, they call him an idiot, they call him stupid,” Megan Berto, who is not related to President Trump, told Philadelphia news station WPVI on Tuesday.

“He was getting ridiculed and bullied for the fact that his last name was Trump,” said stepfather Bobby Berto.

Joshua was homeschooled for a year, but in September, he entered Talley Middle School in Wilmington, Del., where the teasing continued.
Megan and Bobby reached out to WPVI because they believed that the Brandywine School District wasn’t intervening, despite previous meetings with Joshua’s teachers. “He said he hates himself, and he hates his last name, and he feels sad all the time, and he doesn’t want to live feeling like that anymore, and as a parent that’s scary,” Megan Berto told WPVI.

Principal Mark Mayer tells Yahoo Lifestyle that when Joshua started school, his parents were worried. “We discussed ideas such as, during roll call, the teacher would say ‘Joshua T.’ instead of ‘Trump,'” he says.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jos...ullying-school-hates-last-name-214654054.html

I thought your rightwingers were opposed to the PC police.

Now you guys are playing the victim card over 10 year olds' insults. :lol:

Poor babies.

Well..if anyone wants to know why kids bully other kids all that they have to do to find out is look right here in this thread. There's some fine examples.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

:lamo

Good one.

Yeah, and?

Would you do the paperwork and pay to change your name if someone unpopular had the same surname as you?

You do not know that a name change can be done at any time?

A name change shouldn't be necessary. A kid shouldn't have to change their identity to stop bullying. Do you believe gay kids should change the offending part of their identity to avoid bullying?

Would you do the paperwork and pay to change your name if someone unpopular had the same surname as you?

possibly.

It is two short forms and a $65 filing fee - well worth it if it helps protect my spawn

A name change shouldn't be necessary. A kid shouldn't have to change their identity to stop bullying. Do you believe gay kids should change the offending part of their identity to avoid bullying?

See post #2 for my position on the bullying

See post #2 for my position on the bullying

"That is not fair to the child. Just because his name is Trump, that does not mean he is stupid

It means his parents are stupid "

Your position is still the bullying is justified, because his parents didn't change his name.

I was going to say that could not happen because no one in my family is qualified for the job, but then I remembered Trump

I didn't ask if a family member was elected President, just someone that randomly shared your name. You would change your name due to that?

Edit: Just seen where you responded to a similar question to someone else. Why should you have to change your name because of the actions of someone that shares it?

"That is not fair to the child. Just because his name is Trump, that does not mean he is stupid

It means his parents are stupid "

Your position is still the bullying is justified, because his parents didn't change his name.

yeah, because saying it is not fair means I think it is justified :roll:

I didn't ask if a family member was elected President, just someone that randomly shared your name. You would change your name due to that?

Edit: Just seen where you responded to a similar question to someone else. Why should you have to change your name because of the actions of someone that shares it?

My name was invented by an immigration official at Ellis Island who could not understand what my grandmother was saying when he asked her what her name was.

As a result, I am not very emotionally attached to it. And there are no other unrelated people who share that name

Thing is, kids have been bullied over their names (or looks) since I was a kid and even longer. How many of those kids parents went to lengths to change the kids name? Probably zero, or at most very few. And unless this family packs up and moves somewhere that they aren't known then the kids will still know he was "Trump" regardless of changing his name. IMO the school should be addressing the bullying and the parents should be working on teaching their kid that people (kids) who bully do so because they need that "boost" in their own lives. And that it's also a part of growing up. It sucks but it's life.

My name was invented by an immigration official at Ellis Island who could not understand what my grandmother was saying when he asked her what her name was.

As a result, I am not very emotionally attached to it. And there are no other unrelated people who share that name

I'm not particularly attached to my last name either other than I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of changing it. I just find it rather crazy that you would characterize the parents as stupid for not changing their names when there is no way for them to have known it would be an issue.

Kids are assholes. News at 11.

IN the thoroughly Blue State of Delaware, idiot parents have raised their idiot kids to think it's "ok" to bully an 11 Y/O boy for being named "Trump", calling him "stupid", "idiot", tormenting the poor kid to the point that he is CHANGING HIS NAME.

And, instead of CRUSHING THE LITTLE JACKASS BULLIES, the LEFT IDIOT SCHOOL SUGGESTED HE GO BY "JOSHUA T." instead of his full name.

Outrageous:

Joshua Trump, 11, is changing his name over bullying at school: 'They call him stupid'

Eleven-year-old Joshua Trump is changing his name after being bullied by his classmates.

Megan Trump Berto and Bobby Berto of Claymont, Del., say their son Joshua began having a rough time in the Brandywine School District when President Trump starting running for office. “They curse at him, they call him an idiot, they call him stupid,” Megan Berto, who is not related to President Trump, told Philadelphia news station WPVI on Tuesday.

“He was getting ridiculed and bullied for the fact that his last name was Trump,” said stepfather Bobby Berto.

Joshua was homeschooled for a year, but in September, he entered Talley Middle School in Wilmington, Del., where the teasing continued.
Megan and Bobby reached out to WPVI because they believed that the Brandywine School District wasn’t intervening, despite previous meetings with Joshua’s teachers. “He said he hates himself, and he hates his last name, and he feels sad all the time, and he doesn’t want to live feeling like that anymore, and as a parent that’s scary,” Megan Berto told WPVI.

Principal Mark Mayer tells Yahoo Lifestyle that when Joshua started school, his parents were worried. “We discussed ideas such as, during roll call, the teacher would say ‘Joshua T.’ instead of ‘Trump,'” he says.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jos...ullying-school-hates-last-name-214654054.html

Don't these kids know bullying is wrong? Maybe they should stop watching donald trump bullying everyone and learn something from Melanoma's HUGELY successful anti-bullying campaign. Whatever that is!

Well..if anyone wants to know why kids bully other kids all that they have to do to find out is look right here in this thread. There's some fine examples.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

I agree. The very first comment on this thread calls leftwing liberals 'IDIOTS' several times.

And, instead of CRUSHING THE LITTLE JACKASS BULLIES, the LEFT IDIOT SCHOOL SUGGESTED HE GO BY "JOSHUA T." instead of his full name

I'm not particularly attached to my last name either other than I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of changing it. I just find it rather crazy that you would characterize the parents as stupid for not changing their names when there is no way for them to have known it would be an issue.

Many posters found it humorous, which is what was intended. Maybe the problem here is with your sense of humor, or lack thereof

Uh, Individual 1 is hated world wide.

Your faux outrage is hilarious.

It sounds like the kid is smart enough to change his moniker to something more respectable.

That is not fair to the child. Just because his name is Trump, that does not mean he is stupid

It means his parents are stupid
He is 11 years old-think that through

My best friend in primary school was Greek and she had a surname with about 25 letters. It was really hard to pronounce. The kids would bully her over her name. She cried to her parents about it and the parents arranged a meeting with the principal and the teacher,

The principal and teacher were WHITE rightwing republicans and the only advice they gave my friend was to shorten her surname to avoid being bullied and to fit in with the rest of the mainly WHITE American kids.

So she went from Paraskevopopopoulos (this is not her real surname) to Paras.

So it isn't just leftwing "idiots' who suggest kids change their surname to stop being bullied.

I can imagine all kids with strange surnames are bullied. Heck President Obama was bullied too.

He is 11 years old-think that through

So,even with your law degree, you are unaware that someone can change their name at any time?

Maybe you should take your own advice.

So,even with your law degree, you are unaware that someone can change their name at any time?

Maybe you should take your own advice.

why would someone go through the hassle of doing that because there are assholes who don't like your name? the problem isn't the kid or his parents but the assholes who probably need some serious and severe discipline for what they are doing.

Don't these kids know bullying is wrong? Maybe they should stop watching donald trump bullying everyone and learn something from Melanoma's HUGELY successful anti-bullying campaign. Whatever that is!

TDS-don't blame the assholes picking on a kid-blame Trump.

Back
Top Bottom