• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11 YO Bullied Over Being Named "Trump"; More of that Leftist "Tolerance" at Work

Re: 11 YO Bullied Over Being Named "Trump"; More of that Leftist "Tolerance" at Work

Nah, that's not ****ed up. I feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't be getting bullied.

I think it's weird when an 11 year old getting bullied gets politicized… I mean, ya, the Trump name thing is obviously the catalyst, but...

I dunno...I'm probably a little too close to it, the beautiful, sweet little girl that lived in the house we live in now (private sale, got to know the family) hung herself at the same age (11) because of bullying. It's never good or justified or "not a big deal" to me. These are the signs by the side of the road that should be telling folks on both sides that partisanship has taken them in the wrong direction.

Re: 11 YO Bullied Over Being Named "Trump"; More of that Leftist "Tolerance" at Work

My best friend in primary school was Greek and she had a surname with about 25 letters. It was really hard to pronounce. The kids would bully her over her name. She cried to her parents about it and the parents arranged a meeting with the principal and the teacher,

The principal and teacher were WHITE rightwing republicans and the only advice they gave my friend was to shorten her surname to avoid being bullied and to fit in with the rest of the mainly WHITE American kids.

So she went from Paraskevopopopoulos (this is not her real surname) to Paras.

So it isn't just leftwing "idiots' who suggest kids change their surname to stop being bullied.

I can imagine all kids with strange surnames are bullied. Heck President Obama was bullied too.

This! I knew kids who were targeted and bullied for the stupidest things and even last names. Just a couple last names of girls I knew that got bullied were "Skank" and "Bone". Yeah, try being the "Skank girl" and see if you don't get teased.

Also, based on the actual article, it's not only the last name that's cause for that. Sounds like he's the new kid from being homeschooled and while the name is a part of it, it's not the full story.

Last week, Megan and Bobby Berto told the school that Joshua was being teased in the gym and hit on the bus, allegedly for reasons unrelated to his name.

The parents do need to work with the school to get this handled though because bullying for any reason should not be tolerated. I hate bullies.

possibly.

It is two short forms and a $65 filing fee - well worth it if it helps protect my spawn

Why would you think a name change at this point would change anything in this kids school?

Are the other kids going to magically forget that was his name?

What lesson is this going to teach these bullies?

Kinda grabs ya RIGHT by the *****, doesn't it?

Two wrongs make a (W)right, no?

Just look around at his record if you don't believe me. Everything he touches is poisoned by his stench. The perp march of his "associates" is only beginning. He can't even find anyone willing to be his chief of staff. It used to be the most prestigious job in town.

How politically invested were you at age 11?

From where do you think these kids learned their negative opinions of the name Trump?

This! I knew kids who were targeted and bullied for the stupidest things and even last names. Just a couple last names of girls I knew that got bullied were "Skank" and "Bone". Yeah, try being the "Skank girl" and see if you don't get teased.

Also, based on the actual article, it's not only the last name that's cause for that. Sounds like he's the new kid from being homeschooled and while the name is a part of it, it's not the full story.

The parents do need to work with the school to get this handled though because bullying for any reason should not be tolerated. I hate bullies.

This is the point the left leaners here are missing.

This thread is not about calling 11 year olds lefties, it is about how the school and parents are handling this bullying.

The school should not be making excuses as to why, in this case, it is OK for these kids to be bullying this kid, but rather taking steps to try to stop it.

If we allow this case of bullying, what other things are acceptable to be bullied for?

And liberals call Trump classless, more hypocrites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that's not true. I know at least 7.43 liberals that have never said that. You should talk to them. They're good people.

You must not be an American I guess. Our Constitution has a way to remove tumors from office and it all legal. I do feel for the kid but what will happen to Trump will sooth his pain. A lot of people worldwide too. The whole world is watching us make no mistake.

you should go try to do what you claim needs to be done. I will read about it in the paper.

This is the point the left leaners here are missing.

This thread is not about calling 11 year olds lefties, it is about how the school and parents are handling this bullying.

The school should not be making excuses as to why, in this case, it is OK for these kids to be bullying this kid, but rather taking steps to try to stop it.

If we allow this case of bullying, what other things are acceptable to be bullied for?

this thread proves how removed from reality and hateful the TDS crowd has become. Can you imagine if conservative posters were making excuses for a kid who had say the same or similar name to one of the 9-11 attackers being bullied in a NYC or NJ school after the terrorist attacks. Do you think the lefties would be justifying the bullying or demanding the Muslim kid change his name From Mohamend Atta or so forth or Abdul Omari etc?

The fact is kids get bullied all the time. The article even states he's been bullied for things unrelated to his name so where does that fall? On the left or the right? New kid, new school, awkward name. Happens daily around the country. In grade school we had a girl transfer in and her name was Virginia. Guess what name she got? Vagina. I remember her breaking down in tears and running off the campus. I doubt she ran home and asked her name be changed. The teachers addressed the situation and it stopped.

Certainly this kid could have a 100 other names that would be made fun of and we'd never hear a word. But because it's Trump it made the news. No other reason.

The school needs to take charge and the parents need to work with their boy much like parents all over the place do when their kid is being mocked or bullied.

Well..if anyone wants to know why kids bully other kids all that they have to do to find out is look right here in this thread. There's some fine examples.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

There are few things more odious than faux moralizing.

Kids are assholes. News at 11.

That's just what the Vast Liberal Conspiracy wants you to think. Grok is onto something here. Reality is, we "leftists" conscripted those children to be mean to that other kid. No conservative is too young for victimization!

My best friend in primary school was Greek and she had a surname with about 25 letters. It was really hard to pronounce. The kids would bully her over her name. She cried to her parents about it and the parents arranged a meeting with the principal and the teacher,

The principal and teacher were WHITE rightwing republicans and the only advice they gave my friend was to shorten her surname to avoid being bullied and to fit in with the rest of the mainly WHITE American kids.

So she went from Paraskevopopopoulos (this is not her real surname) to Paras.

So it isn't just leftwing "idiots' who suggest kids change their surname to stop being bullied.

I can imagine all kids with strange surnames are bullied. Heck President Obama was bullied too.

Trump isn't a strange surname so your example is useless. There are about 5,000 "Trumps" in America. They shouldn't have to change their names because of the hate stirred up by the left and their MSM lackeys.

The fact is kids get bullied all the time. The article even states he's been bullied for things unrelated to his name so where does that fall? On the left or the right? New kid, new school, awkward name. Happens daily around the country. In grade school we had a girl transfer in and her name was Virginia. Guess what name she got? Vagina. I remember her breaking down in tears and running off the campus. I doubt she ran home and asked her name be changed. The teachers addressed the situation and it stopped.

Certainly this kid could have a 100 other names that would be made fun of and we'd never hear a word. But because it's Trump it made the news. No other reason.

The school needs to take charge and the parents need to work with their boy much like parents all over the place do when their kid is being mocked or bullied.

You are missing the point.

The school is making excuses for the behavior instead of doing something about it.

They are blaming the bullied kid.

Since when has that been acceptable?

You are missing the point.

The school is making excuses for the behavior instead of doing something about it.

They are blaming the bullied kid.

Since when has that been acceptable?

How exactly are they blaming the bullied kid? What excuses?

The parents were worried when he started the school so the school gave the option to have him called Joshua T. Then when he was bullied on a bus because of something unrelated to his last name the school disciplined the children involved and switched him to a new bus. After he was once again mocked because of his last name the parents took it to FB. And the school called a meeting with the parents.

So as I said, the school needs to take charge of their part and the parents need to do their part like all other parents of bullied kids do.

Back
Top Bottom