• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are people so pro Drag with kids?

Gotta love weirdos. Subversion plays an important role in reform. And societies are kept stable and healthy by reform, not through thought police.
Do you feel the same way about child beauty pageants? Those are pretty weird too. If not, what's the difference aside from the political tribe associated with them?

I deeply, deeply resent the determination of this world--and parents!--to rob children of their innocence.
If you could only admit that a child seeing a person dressed as a woman does not "rob children of their innocence", then you might realize that the outrage you've succumbed to is nothing more than a fabrication that youve allowed yourself to fall for.

Do you feel the same way about child beauty pageants? Those are pretty weird too. If not, what's the difference aside from the political tribe associated with them?

Weird. but pretty mainstream.

I think that little kids would be wildly entertained by anybody in a costume. But what is the point of this particular costume? Costume means role, so what is the role? What is the point of the role?

I'm trying to imagine the reactions of various kids to any of the local talent. Their voices and their drag too. Some will just see another kind of clown, I guess, and others will find the performance hilarious and/or really cool, and a lot of kids are going to have questions. And it's those questions that have the potential to rob children of their innocence. Innocence isn't only about sexual knowledge; it's also about more grave matters--death, for example. You cannot expect little children to be able to process information they are too young to handle.

They get that its a show. It doesn't have to be about sex. That's you're interpretation.

Why are people so pro Drag with kids? What good does it do? If anything it is bad for it often sexualizes kids. All drag display to kids need to be banned
Why are people so “pro-church” with kids?
That’s where they have a high probability of being molested. But sure, let’s talk about “sexualization”-
What a joke of a thread

Why are people so “pro-church” with kids?
That’s where they have a high probability of being molested. But sure, let’s talk about “sexualization”-
What a joke of a thread

And children are being "groomed" into their religion in churches. Why not give kids a choice what to believe?

Well my point clearly zoomed over your head. And you're dissembling when you claim that "It's a story and nothing more." That right there is the bullshit of which you speak.
Your point was that because drag queens are dressed up they are somehow sexualizing children. This isn't true.

Never mind how utterly ludicrous it is for you to suggest that I hate "anything that is different than am." You embarrass yourself.

Your stance on drag queens is hateful. The reich-wing is INFAMOUS for hating everything that is different than they are. It's simple biogtry.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-13-at-1.47.34-PM.png

It's what the talibangeicals and the other extremist right-wing religious people have done since the beginning of recorded history.

I have not embarrassed myself. I stood up to what I perceived as reich-wing bigotry.

The nonsense spewed by the lying sacks of pig feces at Faux is not accurate or truthful. They have admitted this. Murdoch admitted his hosts lied because they did not want to upset the people (who they referred to as "cousin-****ers") that watch their bullshit.

Just stop.

Why are people so pro Drag with kids?
Most everyone I know could care less. Sure a few MAGA nutter think that drag shows equates to some kind of moral perversion but that is simply not true. That is their ignorance.
it often sexualizes kids.
This is not true. This is a rididulous thing to believe.
All drag display to kids need to be banned
Again, ridiculous.
Can you site anything anywhere that rationally qualifies and quantifies this? No. Why?
Think about it.

And children are being "groomed" into their religion in churches.

and this is the real evil. This is what handicaps sociaty.
We teach kids to believe things outside of science. We waste time when they need more primary courses.
Christ, we had a 70 year old president who did not know basic geography! Let's educate not waste resources on garbage.

Last edited:
Oh, please. Trans-sexuality is inherently about sexuality.
First You need to do some research. Transexuals and people who wear drag, are two different subsets of people, only a portion of which belong to both subsets. I was speaking about people who sometimes wear drag in public and who might do so in interactions with kids.

Secondly. You've taken this out of its original context. Almost everybody is sexual. Its a part of human nature. And there are labels for us, that attempt to identify the nature of our sexuality but that was not what Andy was referring to. He was discussing people who are in drag as being 'sexually provacative' around kids. I am a homosexual man. That reflects my sexual orientation. Maybe, perchance you are a heterosexual. Neither label suggests we are sexually provacative in our interactions with kids. People who wear drag, as a demographic or transexuals as a demographic are not inherently sexually provacative simply by reading a book, or making dinner or watching cartoons, etc with kids.

The fear is overstated and kids are pretty resilient.
When you watched that show people still knew what a girl and boy was. Today, kids aren't anchored in reality and, in fact, are pushed away from reality and so far as their resilience in the face of this propaganda onslaught....
  • In 2021, more than 4 in 10 (42%) students felt persistently sad or hopeless and nearly one-third (29%) experienced poor mental health.
  • In 2021, more than 1 in 5 (22%) students seriously considered attempting suicide and 1 in 10 (10%) attempted suicide.
  • These feelings were found to be more common among LGBQ+ students, female students, and students across racial and ethnic groups.
  • Nearly half (45%) of LGBQ+ students in 2021 seriously considered attempting suicide—far more than heterosexual students.

I realize that a few people here on DP may have some eye problems but, have all of you noticed the nonstop all day advertising blitz for a medication called Tepezza?

I see this ad spot about fifteen times a day if I sleep in late with the wife.
It's almost as if I could step out of the house and run into thirty or forty people who look like this, I guess...

1679077179652.jpeg

Same thing with the drag queens, I'm sure that if I actively look for them I'll find a couple but to hear MAGA-Land talk, it's like the Tepezza commercials.

When you watched that show people still knew what a girl and boy was. Today, kids aren't anchored in reality and, in fact, are pushed away from reality and so far as their resilience in the face of this propaganda onslaught....
This is bullshit.

As a mental health provider, I can tell you this is bullshit.

Most kids know the difference between a girl and a boy and most of them are capable of telling the difference between a boy and a girl even when they are wearing gender-opposite clothing.

Kids are very resilient.

Stop watching faux bullshit.
  • In 2021, more than 4 in 10 (42%) students felt persistently sad or hopeless and nearly one-third (29%) experienced poor mental health.
  • In 2021, more than 1 in 5 (22%) students seriously considered attempting suicide and 1 in 10 (10%) attempted suicide.
  • These feelings were found to be more common among LGBQ+ students, female students, and students across racial and ethnic groups.
  • Nearly half (45%) of LGBQ+ students in 2021 seriously considered attempting suicide—far more than heterosexual students.

This alone doesn't prove anything.

I realize that a few people here on DP may have some eye problems but, have all of you noticed the nonstop all day advertising blitz for a medication called Tepezza?

I see this ad spot about fifteen times a day if I sleep in late with the wife.
It's almost as if I could step out of the house and run into thirty or forty people who look like this, I guess...

Same thing with the drag queens, I'm sure that if I actively look for them I'll find a couple but to hear MAGA-Land talk, it's like the Tepezza commercials.

That last bit is what is so dishonest about this new obsession with the right wing. For a time I lived in midtown Atlanta. It WAS the 'gay' center of town, and several businesses actively served the gay community or were owned and run by openly gay people. In two years, maybe, maybe, I noticed a handful of people who were clearly 'trans.' My brother lives in a gay-friendly part of San Diego (Hillcrest for those familiar with SD) and we regularly frequent restaurants/bars like Mo's that are clearly intended as 'gay' friendly. Same thing - I'm sure if I cared I'd see/notice trans people there, but they don't bother me and I don't care enough to look for them, and so we just have dinner, drinks, and enjoy the day.

I've been to 'drag' shows, but those were my choice. If I had young kids, Ru Paul's show wouldn't be my choice for them, but the movie "Mike's Last Dance" that my wife drug me to the other day is clearly VERY sexually provocative (it's about a former male stripper, who puts on a male stripper show...) and the community didn't get all outraged about it. It's rated R - so requires a parent or adult guardian same as Ru Paul's show. But I didn't see people from the governor's office taking photos of all those who attended.

This is a deceptive use of these statistics.

There's a pretty obvious connector for why these stats are the way they are; LGBT students are far more susceptible to discrimination on the basis of their sexual orientation. This ranges from rejection from peers, to issues with family members, etc. Not to mention your own source doesn't even agree with your conclusion.

As the Institute of Medicine has noted, LGBT youth are typically well adjusted and mentally healthy.1 However, they experience higher rates of mental health challenges and increased health complications arising from these challenges compared to their heterosexual peers.2 Research on transgender youth outcomes as separate from lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth outcomes is more limited, though growing. Some recent nonrandom surveys of self-identified transgender people indicate that up to one-third reported attempting suicide at least once, with higher rates for youth and young adults than for older adults.3 Moreover, suicide is the third leading cause of death among youth ages 15 to 24, and LGBT youth are more likely to attempt suicide than their peers.4 This does not mean, however, that LGBT identity itself is the cause of these challenges. Rather, these higher rates may be due to bias, discrimination, family rejection, and other stressors associated with how they are treated because of their sexual identity or gender identity/expression.5 These challenges, which researchers refer to as “microaggresions,”6 can contribute to anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges, as well as to suicide and self-harming behavior.

And as an anecdotal example, I experienced the same sort of issues in regard to my own mental health, and pretty much all of my LGBT friends and acquaintances have experienced the same, to one extent or another.

Why are people so pro Drag with kids? What good does it do? If anything it is bad for it often sexualizes kids. All drag display to kids need to be banned
pound sand

The UK has had Pantomime for hundreds of years where men dress as ladies and it's aimed squarely at children.

It's traditional, fun and very popular.

We don't have them in the UK.
Everything about them is just totally wild with the pushy parents who get insanely competitive and the addition of politics to children who obviously have zero interest as they're bloody kids.

Yes, people experience adversity from time to time, this doesn't invalidate my statement.

Back
Top Bottom