• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

Si-fi film with english subtitles.

The Current War (2017) - IMDb Its about Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, Tesla and the others who built the world's electrical system. What could have been a great movie ends up nothing more than looking like a TV documentary with reenactments. Every major event is glossed over to the point where you have no time to develop any sympathy for anyone. 4.5/10

The Gentlemen (2019) - IMDb Guy Ritchie movie with Matthew McConauhey, Colin Farrell and others playing gangsters and schemes. While it isnt boring, once youve seen one GR movie you've seen them all. At least it fills the time while sitting out the virus. 5.5/10

No one can accuse me of being current :)

Directed by Ron Howard, with Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett leading a superb ensemble cast in a story of emotional upheaval, revenge, greed, humility, superstition, fear, courage, in 1895 New Mexico facing a kidnapping by a band of Apache, off the reservation grabbing young girls to sell in Mexico as sex slaves, led by a powerful Bruges.

From 1931, precode very young Barbara Stanwyck, giving sexy a bad name, living in sin, pondering "will marriage destroy a good sex life?" She's incredibly hot, a force of nature, giving intense insight into great grandma's life back when. No trailers available, but in the public domain, and with a search you can find free streaming, well worth the price of admission.

Tarantinoish film. Lots of blood.

Si-Fi comedy with time travel

The 12th Man (2017) - IMDb Norwegian war film about a commando evading the Germans. Too long, too repetitive. Not much suspense either. 4/10

The Nightingale (2018) - IMDb Australian western about a woman whose husband and baby are killed by British soldiers in 19th Century Tasmania and heads out for revenge. Pretty brutal, and the constant rape scenes are very mind numbing. The story starts out well but then peters out in the end. Also, the bad guy seems to be one-dimensionally bad. It's somewhat entertaining if you can stomach the rapes. 6/10

'Havana' last night, starring Robert Redford, a gambler who falls in love with the wife of a rich rebel during the Castro uprising in 1959. 4 STARS out of 5.

Stealing Beauty (1996) Trailer w/ Liv Tyler and Jeremy Irons

With english subt.

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog, a few weeks before the stay at home orders. My oldest went to see it for a birthday party and then I took the youngest the next day.

It wasnt too bad and I like James Marsden.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The Immortal (2019) - IMDb a movie spin-off from Italy's hit TV show Gomorra- about the Neapolitan mafia. The main character of Ciro returns
after being killed at the end of the TV show's season 4
, and now he is in Latvia doing drug deals with the locals and the Russians. Not bad, though a bit derivative. Rating 6.5/10

The Last Full Measure (2019) - IMDb This is about a lawyer who investigates the case for a posthumous Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War. It's a little heavy handed, but somewhat okay if you got nothing better to watch. Rating: 5/10

Underwater (2020) - IMDb an absolutely crappy sci-fi movie about a team of miners in the deepest part of the ocean, where they encounter sea monsters. It's a rip off of Alien and the Abyss, and it seriously sucks. I also noticed a huge plot hole right at the beginning which pretty much undermined the whole point of the movie. Not even TJ Miller's jokes or Kristen Stewart's hot bod could save this turkey. Skip it. Rating 0/10

The death of Stalin

Netflix

The Three Stooges go to Moscow

If you enjoy the absurdity of satire, this movie is for you

Megalodon (on youtube)

It's a b-movie, but the story is better than Meg.

Michael

It's an old movie with a good cast (Hurt, McDowell, Stapleton and Travolta). A light comedy/romance, I found it quite enjoyable.
Of course, a Travolta dance sequence must've been a must in those days!

...and was pleasantly surprised by Andie McDowell doing a country song.

Last edited:
Michael

It's an old movie with a good cast (Hurt, McDowell, Stapleton and Travolta). A light comedy/romance, I found it quite enjoyable.
Of course, a Travolta dance sequence must've been a must in those days!

...and was pleasantly surprised by Andie McDowell doing a country song.

I saw that movie "Michael" when it came out and told my friend not to go see it.

He had just been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Ordinary fascism (1965)
[video]https://archive.org/details/ordinary-fascism[/video]

I saw that movie "Michael" when it came out and told my friend not to go see it.

He had just been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Putting myself in his shoes, I suppose I wouldn't be in any mood to be watching any movies - especially something like Michael.

It's a silly movie (about an angel - Archangel Michael in fact - who enjoys the worldly pleasures right in his arch enemy's playground), and,
who has no problem with sex outside of marriage to boot! He himself, even had a one-night stand! How contradictingly ridiculous is that? :lol:
That's the biggest flaw of the story.

If I remember correctly, I didn't like it either when I watched it the time it came out. I'd forgotten how it went, so I gave it another shot.
Surprisingly, I found it enjoyable.
But maybe I was expecting too much from it then......maybe, I'm just less critical these days.

Last edited:
Putting myself in his shoes, I suppose I wouldn't be in any mood to be watching any movies - especially something like Michael.

It's a silly movie (about an angel - Archangel Michael in fact - who enjoys the worldly pleasures right in his arch enemy's playground), and,
who has no problem with sex outside of marriage to boot! He himself, even had a one-night stand! How contradictingly ridiculous is that? :lol:
That's the biggest flaw of the story.

If I remember correctly, I didn't like it either when I watched it the time it came out. I'd forgotten how it went, so I gave it another shot.
Surprisingly, I found it enjoyable.
But maybe I was expecting too much from it then......maybe, I'm just less critical these days.

I told him to not go see it because the guy wasn't an angel but had thought he was because of a brain tumor.

Extraction (2020) - IMDb Action movie with Chris Helmsworth as a mercenary tasked with rescuing a kidnapped Indian boy in Bangladesh. Its rather formulaic, though the action scenes are somewhat better than average. Nevertheless its too Jason Bourney to be original. Rating 5/10

True History of the Kelly Gang (2019) - IMDb Psychedelic Aussie movie about none other than Ned Kelly, the bandit. I didnt finish because its way too avant garde and an extremely fictional account of what his life really was about, so I decided to stop watching. Rating DNF

Sea Fever (2019) - IMDb Another sea monster movie, this time about an Irish fishing boat that encounters something. Meh. Not really scary and has been done before with better movies. Rating 4.5/10

Capone (2020) - IMDb Tom Hardy plays the aging gangster in his final years after being released from prison. The story is a mess, and the whole thing is pretty convoluted. Not good at all. Rating 1/10

The Traitor (2019) - IMDb Italian mob movie (yes, I like mob movies, so sue me) about a real life boss in the Cosa Nostra (Sicilian Mafia) who turned government witness. It has some good elements, but is way too long. Kinda meh. Rating 5/10

The Banker (2020) - IMDb Another true life movie based on two blacks who cornered the real estate market in Los Angeles while overcoming racism by using a white guy to pose as their public face. Anthony Mackie and Samuel L Jackson are fine in their roles. Not bad, though kinda low key overall. Still would recommend it though. Rating 7/10

Last edited:
This is necessary, trust me.

As for me, I saw 21 Jump Street (8/10), really enjoyed it, easily the best comedy to come out so far this year. :mrgreen:

I'd never heard of 21 Jump Street till today, when some friends attempted to show me a clip from it. What a co-incidence.

Saw Gone with the Wind FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Back
Top Bottom