• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

I watched The Founder yesterday night.

51YqB4zkgjL._SY445_.jpg

pretty good. it covers capitalism from just scraping by to becoming a completely ruthless dick and clawing one's way to success at the expense of anyone standing in the way or even not standing in the way. i can't say that i like the main character, but it was interesting to see how it played out. i'd give the movie a thumbs up.

I RE-watched Dr. Strangelove (OR: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb) with my young wife, who had never heard of it or seen it before, and who didn't know the back story behind it.
And that's what made seeing it again even better, because with her in tow it was like seeing it for the first time.
She didn't know the name Slim Pickens but the moment he opened his yapper she recognized the voice.
"Shee-oot a feller could have a purty good weekend in Vegas with all that loot!" made her bust a gut.

And Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, what can I say!

Strangelove1_500.gif

Oh I know...
"Gentlemen, GENTLEMEN, you can't fight in here, this is the WAR ROOM!!"

Seems appropriate for DP, dontcha think? roflmao (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).gif

I really can not say the last time I was even in a cinema to watch a movie. Seems like years. I believed Dwayne Johnson was in it. Something about an earthquake. Have not watched a movie since. Stay too busy.

The best western parody film. Czechoslovakia 1964.

I just watched "Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat". This movie was hilarious. Cheesy but good.

Here's a clip:

The Trial of the Chicago 7, Netflix or Am Prime, I forget.

It was pretty good, had some great original footage, some really funny moments (see: Sacha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman), and some very poignant moments. Some of it is very relevant to protests, govt obfuscation, and fighting the deterioration of democracy.

Just watched MANK and loved it a lot. It amazingly captured the look of a film from the Thirties. If you are like me and think CITIZEN KANE is one of the best films ever made - this is a real treat. The actor who portrays Orson Welles is just about perfect in look and voice.

It amazingly captured the look of a film from the Thirties.
Here's another film, that capture the look of the thirties and it has Stallone and Schwarzenegger in it!

The Trial of the Chicago 7, Netflix or Am Prime, I forget.

It was pretty good, had some great original footage, some really funny moments (see: Sacha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman), and some very poignant moments. Some of it is very relevant to protests, govt obfuscation, and fighting the deterioration of democracy.
Just watched TRIAL OF CHICAGO 7 and absolutely loved it. I have always been a complete sucker for Aaron Sorkin vehicles and this was no exception. Sasha Baron Cohen was amazing.

We need more statements like this in times like todays insanity.

The Doctor (1991-starring William Hurt)- very thought provoking movie about a highly accomplished but cold and arrogant heart surgeon who finds out he has cancer himself, and his experience of going through a cold and uncaring medical system.

8/10.

Just watched MANK and loved it a lot. It amazingly captured the look of a film from the Thirties. If you are like me and think CITIZEN KANE is one of the best films ever made - this is a real treat. The actor who portrays Orson Welles is just about perfect in look and voice.
I watched it too, but I didnt like it. Kinda boring since nothing really happened. Most of the movie consisted of the main character sitting in bed and dictating his writing.

I watched it too, but I didnt like it. Kinda boring since nothing really happened. Most of the movie consisted of the main character sitting in bed and dictating his writing.
How do you feel about CITIZEN KANE?

I checked out a seventies Disney film I sort of remembered seeing long long ago, Treasure of Matecumbe. If was a very episodic treasure hunt tale, which may be why I remembered nothing about it. Competent formula, maybe three out of five. Curiously Disney Channel added an advisory warning to it, though there’s nothing politically incorrect about it, unless you count a black guy in the Civil War using occasional bad grammar like “hisself.”

Hillbilly Elegy
adroitly directed by little opie cunningham
predictable plot
incredibly good acting
my folks grew up in a poor mill village. this flick got that particular culture absolutely right
in a word "authentic"

ron howard has caught some flack because the film is more apolitical than the book on which it is based. i don't 'get' that criticism. but as many here can attest, there is quite a bit that i don't 'get'

catch it on netflix; it's well worth the watch

QUEENS GAMBIT - very enjoyable. Very good acting and writing. And I guessed what the final scene would be which is always a bonus.

8/10

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
good flick
especially the banter between the musicians in the practice room
excellent acting all around
easy to see this was adapted from a theatrical production ... but a worthy watch none the less

A beautiful, thought-provoking movie- a Mr Rogers movie for us grown ups- showing how those early, seemingly simple lessons remain so fundamentally relevant and important even for us!

But be careful though: not really a kid’s movie, or something to watch with the kids, as some scenes can get a bit intense and the themes are not appropriate for young children. This movie is for grownups!

8/10

Last edited:

A beautiful, thought-provoking movie- a Mr Rogers movie for us grown ups- showing how those early, seemingly simple lessons remain so fundamentally relevant and important even for us!

But be careful though: not really a kid’s movie, or something to watch with the kids, as some scenes can get a bit intense and the themes are not appropriate for young children. This movie is for grownups!

8/10

Tom Hanks must be in about 25% of movies made in Hollywood nowadays.

We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011)
I just watched this movie renamed on Spanish TV as simply Kevin (Ezra Miller). It gripped my attention from the beginning of Kevin's birth and cranky disposition as a crying baby and then, when Kevin was a toddler, I could hardly believe my ears at how he spoke to his mother (Tilda Swinton). Unfortunately, his mother was unable to speak about how her son to her husband (John C. Reilly) because his relationship with the boy was altogether normal. As a 15 year old, Kevin began to turn this movie into a psychological thriller of the highest order. I was not prepared for the shocks.

kevin-poster.jpg

Found a small gem of a movie recently called Love and Monsters. Not really horror movie, well guess you could define it as horror/comedy PG 13 anyways. Very entertaining movie we enjoyed alot.
Good reviews that matches up with the actual quality. It's on demand on all of streaming movie sites.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom