• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Was The Last Movie You Watched and Rate it!

Puss n boots. Yawn.

Drive Angry - 9/10. Love the Accountant more and more each time I see it.

The Hunger Games (7/10), definitely enjoyable but I definitely didn't enjoy the shaky-cam and quick edits used to keep it at a PG-13 rating, really takes away from the horror of the Games itself.

in time; dystopian sci fi movie in which no one ages past 25, but are engineered to die once they run out of time. time becomes the currency; some have a lot, some live hour to hour.

good premise, mediocre execution. certainly an aspect of the film is that it is a thinly veiled critique of capitalism; albeit a flawed one.

i'd give it maybe a 5.5 out of 10. better than some sci fi movies; not as good as GATTACA, which i'd probably give at least an 8.

The Hunger Games (7/10), definitely enjoyable but I definitely didn't enjoy the shaky-cam and quick edits used to keep it at a PG-13 rating, really takes away from the horror of the Games itself.

It's a shame directors do that these days, isn't it?

You know, every time I look at a Leone long shot, or watch 12 Angry Men, I can't help but wonder if the younger generation is mostly cut off from anything that doesn't do a camera cut every 4 seconds and a guy with a camera machine that shakes it.

Anyhow, I recently viewed 61* for the first time. I would easily put it at 8/10. Even for those of us with a looser connection to the sport of baseball can appreciate the uniqueness of the sport and especially its history. I think for many of us, they recall a time where their brothers, their parents, or their grandparents had them watch the game and were schooled on its history. Pure dramatic Americana at its best.

i think it was either 'scream 4 ' or 'unknown' with liam neeson and diana kruger

both of them were good films

220px-Unknown_Poster.jpg

Last edited:
In Time.

Better than the reviews made it out to be, but holy crap did it beat you over the head with its (left-wing) "message." They might as well have put up signs which said "Metaphor Here!" -- because that's about how subtle it was.

Last time i watched one rio movie. I love this movie.

This is necessary, trust me.

As for me, I saw 21 Jump Street (8/10), really enjoyed it, easily the best comedy to come out so far this year. :mrgreen:

I think the last movie I saw in the theaters was "Captain America." Which wasn't that bad. It wasn't that good. But it wasn't that bad.

Last film I paid to see was HUGO. It was terrific - best film of the year in my opinion.

Melancholia, by Lars Van Trier.

I really liked it, from the claustrophobic first shots that set up a tone of interpersonal dysfunction to the transformative ending. The odd tension he created in the movie was such that it seemed the film could shatter at any moment just as the theme of the end of the world was unfolding.

I'd give it a thumbs up.

My son and I just watched Hunger Games last night at the theater, and discussed it afterwards.

On the whole I have to agree on the 7 of 10 rating you give. I was surprised and disappointed at the PG13 rating; seems to me the point of the thing was to emphasize the horror of the Games and how the society had grown accustomed and hardened to it, and the antiseptic cut-away death scenes totally blew that aspect of it. The blurred and shaky-cam sequences made it hard to tell what was going on during some combat sequences which was a bit of a downer also.

Even so, it was good. Pretty good acting, scenery, dialog, and so forth. The ending was slightly abrupt but it was already a long movie I can see why.

Enjoyed it quite a lot overall, despite the above-mentioned flaws.

I really liked it, from the claustrophobic first shots that set up a tone of interpersonal dysfunction to the transformative ending. The odd tension he created in the movie was such that it seemed the film could shatter at any moment just as the theme of the end of the world was unfolding.

I'd give it a thumbs up.

That certainly was an odd one wasn't it? I give it huge props for being different, though it was a bit hard to follow at times.

In Time.

Better than the reviews made it out to be, but holy crap did it beat you over the head with its (left-wing) "message." They might as well have put up signs which said "Metaphor Here!" -- because that's about how subtle it was.

Yeah, I'm all for messages and what not, but In Time overdid it, plus it devolved into a romance lets get away from the bad guys movie. It's a shame, because it definitely had an interesting premise.

Last time i watched Rio movie with my friends.

I'd give it a thumbs up.

I watched that about a week ago. I loved it. He created the most claustrophobic, intense atmosphere I can remember experiencing other than in a Mike Leigh movie. Great evolution, wonderful dénouement. I've hated other films of his (Breaking the Waves and Dogville - unwatchable) but this was impressive. 8/10

The movie I watched last night I'd been looking forward to a lot. The Adjustment Bureau was okay, but I expected better. Silly premise that isn't developed and a very unbelievable, accepting attitude from the Damon character that didn't ring true at all. The romp was okay and the relationship quite sweet, but not as good as I'd hoped. 5/10

BTW, on the cover of the DVD it says: "Bourne meets Inception". Does every single damn flm with Matt Damon have to refer to Bourne? Green Zone DVD cover: "Bourne goes epic". How about The Talented Mr Ripley, "Bourne does Psycho"? Or We Bought a Zoo, "Bourne to be wild"? All the Pretty Horses, "Bourne in the Saddle"? Saving Private Ryan, "Bourne on the 6th of June"?

The last movie I saw at the theater was The Vow. I wanted to go see that new Denzel movie, but the girls wanted to see Channing Tatum, so I was outvoted. *sigh* The movie was decent. Watchable for a chick flick.

The last movie I saw period was last night - a movie called Endure, with Judd Nelson, Devon Sawa, Tom Arnold and Joey Lauren Adams. Good movie about a girl who gets kidnapped and tied up in a forest, and the kidnapper dies in a car crash. The cops have to find her before she dies. Good premise, loved seeing Devon Sawa all grown up. He's turned into a regulation hottie. Judd Nelson, though - his acting was laughable. I love me some Judd Nelson, but for some reason, his acting in this movie was stiff and stuffy.

Just watched the main American Pies in anticipation of going to see American Reunion with some buddies

American Pie (7.5/10)
American Pie 2 (6.5/10)
American Wedding (6.5/10)

All are enjoyable films, but you can't be the original.

Via Netflix DVD...The Way Back.....3 out of 5.

I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Sunday on DVD and I thought it was very slow at first, then it was good for a while (and the bedroom scenes are attention getters), but then it had a very unsatisfying ending.

The Hunger Games 3/10. But I read the book which was 10/10 and the film was just a waste of film as far as I'm concerned.

Miller's Crossing - early Coen Bros movie - 6/10. Good but flawed.

I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Sunday on DVD and I thought it was very slow at first, then it was good for a while (and the bedroom scenes are attention getters), but then it had a very unsatisfying ending.

Its the first of a trilogy.... soo

Back
Top Bottom