• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What was accomplished by the Chick-fil-A threats, Appreciatoin day, and kiss ins?

Re: What was accomplished by the Chick-fil-A threats, Appreciatoin day, and kiss ins

That is his right, if he believes that to be the teachings of his religion.

Yes. It is his right to preach bigotry. I would never want to see that right taken away from him. But, free speech also protects the rights of people who are disgusted by the hate he is spewing to respond by boycotting his business, protesting, and trying to drive him out of business.

He also is currently allowed to fund hate organizations. That will remain true at least so long as those organizations don't cross the line and end up on the terrorism lists.

Obama was NOT for SSM until a couple of months ago, yet I heard no such criticism of his assertion that marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN position before it "evolved".

Oh you know that isn't true as well as everybody else does. He was fighting for equal rights for gay people from day one, he just couldn't openly admit it without risking his electability until support for it crossed a certain threshold. Everybody knew that all along, yourself included.

Are the current marriage laws an "attack" on the rights of polygamists too or only on the GLBT folks?

Polygamists too. That said, polygamy is a choice where homosexuality is not, so it isn't quite as serious, but IMO the government shouldn't be involved in deciding who marries who. That is people's own choice. As long as they are consenting adults, it isn't the government's business.

Re: What was accomplished by the Chick-fil-A threats, Appreciatoin day, and kiss ins

Thats right...he did. He said what a good many Christians and for that matter religious people everywhere think. He didnt call you a pig. He didnt refer to you as swine.

Dude. What he said about gay people was much worse than just calling them "pigs". He said that God is going to exact retribution from our country because we are giving gay people equal rights. That is the kind of talk that people use to fuel genocide. It is so far beyond the realm of the acceptable that it is hard to really imagine a stronger expression of hate.

And dont think I dont notice how you COMPLETELY avoid that aspect-no no...you confine your pathetic attacks to Christians..and heck...not even Christians in general...but only white Christians. You didnt call out Rahmbo for embracing the Nation. Which again...is why your mock outrage is such a joke. You said nothing throughout the 3.5 years Obama stated he believed it is wrong and shouldnt be allowed and only found your voice after his conversion...a conversion brought about solely because he wants your money and votes. You ignore the black ministers that united and spoke out against Obamas stand on gay marriage. You ignore the vast majority of blacks and Hispanics that voted against prop 8. Like I said...you make yourself look silly. This pretend outrage is just pathetic. For your own sake...hell...for your CAUSES sake...you really should stop.

You're not going to be able to dodge by changing the topic.

Dude. What he said about gay people was much worse than just calling them "pigs". He said that God is going to exact retribution from our country because we are giving gay people equal rights. That is the kind of talk that people use to fuel genocide. It is so far beyond the realm of the acceptable that it is hard to really imagine a stronger expression of hate.
You're not going to be able to dodge by changing the topic.
Still struggling with that whole reading comprehension thing huh? Yes...thats right. He expressed what MANY baptist types believe...that God kinda meant what he said and openly defying Gods word is inviting his scorn. Where did you hear me not state that? Whats pathetic is that YOU take that as an attack. Do you believe it? Then seriously...grow the **** up. You arent a child so dont act like one.

But thats truly funny as hell that you so readily dismiss the guy who refers to you as a pig and swine and what that says about homosexuals. Wow...talk about chicken ****. You REALLY think you are helping your cause there? Cuz...you cant say that I havent been TRYING to help. :lamo

Still struggling with that whole reading comprehension thing huh? Yes...thats right. He expressed what MANY baptist types believe...that God kinda meant what he said and openly defying Gods word is inviting his scorn. Where did you hear me not state that? Whats pathetic is that YOU take that as an attack. Do you believe it? Then seriously...grow the **** up. You arent a child so dont act like one.

But thats truly funny as hell that you so readily dismiss the guy who refers to you as a pig and swine and what that says about homosexuals. Wow...talk about chicken ****. You REALLY think you are helping your cause there? Cuz...you cant say that I havent been TRYING to help. :lamo

So you're seriously taking the stance that ranting that God will punish us for tolerating an entire demographic group isn't an "attack"?

Dude, this is just too stupid to even bother responding to. Get your act together.

That is his right, if he believes that to be the teachings of his religion. Perhaps you should listen to the Muslims that justify the death penalty for gay folks, but we must somehow treat Muslims with "respect" not accorded to mere Christians.

Oh gawd this is to funny. Who around here is saying we must respect that Muslim view on gays?

So you're seriously taking the stance that ranting that God will punish us for tolerating an entire demographic group isn't an "attack"?

Dude, this is just too stupid to even bother responding to. Get your act together.
I agree...if you are a 5 year old and get your widdle feewings hewt becuz some bad mans sed somefings thatmade you saaad...yeah...you go right ahead and take his words as an attack. Geeeezus.

Oh gawd this is to funny. Who around here is saying we must respect that Muslim view on gays?

The very same Rahm that had his arm around Farrakhan while preaching those "Chicago values" that are SO important.

I agree...if you are a 5 year old and get your widdle feewings hewt becuz some bad mans sed somefings thatmade you saaad...yeah...you go right ahead and take his words as an attack. Geeeezus.

VanceMack, you want to hurt people for being different than you. It really is that simple. There isn't anything I can do to argue you out of that. You're just morally underdeveloped. You need to try to become a better person. Spend more time trying to put yourself in other people's shoes.

The very same Rahm that had his arm around Farrakhan while preaching those "Chicago values" that are SO important.

If that is what you want to think:roll:

Where is Rahm on record supporting Farrakhan's view on gay marriage?

Nothing was accomplished. A few politicians on both sides got some photo ops and headlines on a wedge issue. Chick-Fil-A made a lot of money. And a whole hell of lot of people got to act like rebellious children.

That's pretty much all that was accomplished.

VanceMack, you want to hurt people for being different than you. It really is that simple. There isn't anything I can do to argue you out of that. You're just morally underdeveloped. You need to try to become a better person. Spend more time trying to put yourself in other people's shoes.
OMG...maybe the funniest thing ever. :lamo

Yes...THATS what Im doing. :lamo

Sorry...I just cant stop :lamo

Dood...you lost this thing the second your fingers hit the keyboard. Ive been TRYING to help you stop kicking yourself in the groin but I see now that this is a futile effort. So carry on. But seriously...if you are going to run around life getting your feelings hurt or feeling attacked over things people say (oh...wait...correction...you EMBRACE people calling you a pig and equating your lifestyle to swine...as long as they are black people that call you a pig and your lifestyle to swine-cant risk being unPC. Hey...that was another instance where you hit yourself pretty hard) may I just suggest, as my last offer to help, that you invest in a great bigass HUGE roll of bubblewrap.

OMG...maybe the funniest thing ever. :lamo

Yes...THATS what Im doing. :lamo

Sorry...I just cant stop :lamo

Dood...you lost this thing the second your fingers hit the keyboard. Ive been TRYING to help you stop kicking yourself in the groin but I see now that this is a futile effort. So carry on. But seriously...if you are going to run around life getting your feelings hurt or feeling attacked over things people say (oh...wait...correction...you EMBRACE people calling you a pig and equating your lifestyle to swine...as long as they are black people that call you a pig and your lifestyle to swine-cant risk being unPC. Hey...that was another instance where you hit yourself pretty hard) may I just suggest, as my last offer to help, that you invest in a great bigass HUGE roll of bubblewrap.

Kiddo, if you honestly aren't smart enough to understand why a person saying that God will punish the country for tolerating a demographic group harms that group, I don't really know what else to say man. I have a pretty hard time believing that you don't understand that, but you are able to work a computer.

Kiddo, if you honestly aren't smart enough to understand why a person saying that God will punish the country for tolerating a demographic group harms that group, I don't really know what else to say man. I have a pretty hard time believing that you don't understand that, but you are able to work a computer.
Pop...there went another bubble. Seriously.

Your selective outrage is...inspiring...

A liberal talking of morals. :lamo

A liberal talking of morals. :lamo

Yeah, it turns out that being moral isn't actually about hating the right groups, it is about helping people. Shocker, I know, right?

Yeah, it turns out that being moral isn't actually about hating the right groups, it is about helping people. Shocker, I know, right?

As in helping them through government. Yeah, that is apparently moral now. :lamo

As in helping them through government. Yeah, that is apparently moral now. :lamo

Uh, yes, of course it is moral to help people through government... Duh. It's moral to help people regardless of what channel you choose to do it through...

Uh, yes, of course it is moral to help people through government... Duh. It's moral to help people regardless of what channel you choose to do it through...

Lol! Through government calls for using people to do it. A bit of a massive failure on your part.

Lol! Through government calls for using people to do it. A bit of a massive failure on your part.

Dude, I have no idea what nutjob theory you're working on now, so you'll need to explain.

Dude, I have no idea what nutjob theory you're working on now, so you'll need to explain.

I don't need to explain anything. You and I both know how these entitlements work and I don't need to explain to you how funds are raised for them.

Last edited:

I don't need to explain anything. You and I both know how these entitlements work and I don't need to explain to you how funds are raised for them.

How is any of that using anybody? We live in a democracy. When we decide to invest in keeping our society strong, that benefits everybody. That's why we do it.

How is any of that using anybody? We live in a democracy. When we decide to invest in keeping our society strong, that benefits everybody. That's why we do it.

What you just said changes nothing. You are aware of this, but you keep saying it regardless.

1. Safety nets do not make a society strong, but weak and in fact have never been responsible for a country becoming powerful or successful, but on the other hand, have been responsible for their downfall.

2. Taking money from one group of people against their will to help another group of people IS using them. It makes no difference if it is society doing it or Robin ****ing hood. It's still the same act and the same result. Robin Hood was not noble, but a thief and a person only interested in power over others. Like yourself I might add.

3. Good investments and welfare have nothing to do with each other. Even if you were to look towards corporate welfare and the positive results there it filled with negative results like dependence of the industry to the government, or dependence on the industry by the people, or the cost increases caused by the governments involved in the product. In all cases that is not a good investment, but it is a cancer.

Last edited:

1. Safety nets do not make a society strong, but weak and in fact have never been responsible for a country becoming powerful or successful, but on the other hand, have been responsible for their downfall.

No, that is ridiculous of course. If you don't invest in keeping the foundations of your society strong, they fall apart. Go try to start a business in Somalia and report back how well that works out.

2. Taking money from one group of people against their will to help another group of people IS using them. It makes no difference if it is society doing it or Robin ****ing hood. It's still same act and the same result. Robin Hood was not noble, but a thief and a person only interested in power over others. Like yourself I might add.

Nobody is taking money from anybody. We all decide, together, how much of our resources to combine and what to do with those combined resources. It's no different than anything else in life. If you live in a condo, you get a vote for the condo board, and the condo board decides what maintenance needs to be done on the building, and it divides up the cost. Same deal. No society could survive without doing that.

3. Good investments and welfare have nothing to do with each other. Even if you were to look towards corporate welfare and the positive results there it filled with negative results like dependence of the industry to the government, or dependence on the industry by the people, or the cost increases caused by the governments involved in the product. In all cases that is not a good investment, but it is a cancer.

Poverty amelioration is, hands down, the smartest investment we can make. The average American generates $3 million in GDP in their lifetime. If we can lift one person out of poverty by spending $2 million, that is a 50% gain on that investment! But we actually only spend something like $40k... We're leaving huge sums of money on the table by underfunding poverty amelioration.

It is a good moral value to help people in need. Using the government or thinking/ expecting that the government is the best way to help someone is just stupid.

No, that is ridiculous of course. If you don't invest in keeping the foundations of your society strong, they fall apart. Go try to start a business in Somalia and report back how well that works out.

History is not your strong suit, is it?

Nobody is taking money from anybody. We all decide, together, how much of our resources to combine and what to do with those combined resources.

Government decides on how much they want to take and if you are lucky you get a vote. Lets see how much that changes the argument you are facing. *Measuring* None. Ok, so its none. The argument was that the funds are being put towards helping individuals with the use of other peoples property. Taxes are to be used towards the protection of our are rights and liberties , but giving jim bob here getting food on my dime doesn't do that, does it?

It's no different than anything else in life. If you live in a condo, you get a vote for the condo board, and the condo board decides what maintenance needs to be done on the building, and it divides up the cost. Same deal. No society could survive without doing that.

When the condo I live in starts to use my resources to give joe bob money its a problem and its a ****ing problem here too, so yeah..

Poverty amelioration is, hands down, the smartest investment we can make. The average American generates $3 million in GDP in their lifetime. If we can lift one person out of poverty by spending $2 million, that is a 50% gain on that investment! But we actually only spend something like $40k... We're leaving huge sums of money on the table by underfunding poverty amelioration.

Do you have any idea how much we spend on the poor and how much we get out? By any measurement that is not a good investment. You simply do NOT measure your overall investment by one hour of growth when the overall growth is nonexistent from such an investment. You clearly have no idea how much of this works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom