• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What was accomplished by the Chick-fil-A threats, Appreciatoin day, and kiss ins?

Re: What was accomplished by the Chick-fil-A threats, Appreciatoin day, and kiss ins

No. I meant what I said. "Some things are better left hidden away."

Maybe you don't find it disgusting, but I certainly do.

And now that I think about it, you said that gay sexuality was no different than straight sexuality.

How do you figure that?

I don't care if you find gay people disgusting. I don't care if you find black people or Jewish people or Muslims, or any other demographic group, disgusting. The reality is that we're all on this earth together as equals and we need to behave in a respectful way to one another.

Civil rights always win out in the end. You know that of course. We won the vote for non-land-owners, black people are able to eat in any restaurant they want, Native Americans can vote, women can hold jobs, interracial couples can get married... We win every single time. And we're clearly going to win this one. So all this really is is a question of how long it is going to take you to catch up with the rest of society. Are you going to be one of those old folks who sit around ranting about the "coloreds", but with the "gays"? Or are you going to take responsibility for continuing your moral development even as you get old?

Re: What was accomplished by the Chick-fil-A threats, Appreciatoin day, and kiss ins

Even when I was a teen, I thought PDAs--tongue-swallowing, ass-grabbing, etc.--were icky. My father always said that if you're really getting some, you don't need to put on a show, and I still think that today.

I agree that there is no need for a show. It probably has to do with attention-seeking behavior more than anything else. Some people want to be the center of the universe. LOL! I like hugging, holding hands and maybe a little kiss on the lips in public, but no tongues! I'd feel so silly making out like that in public!

I don't care if you find gay people disgusting. I don't care if you find black people or Jewish people or Muslims, or any other demographic group, disgusting. The reality is that we're all on this earth together as equals and we need to behave in a respectful way to one another.

Civil rights always win out in the end. You know that of course. We won the vote for non-land-owners, black people are able to eat in any restaurant they want, Native Americans can vote, women can hold jobs, interracial couples can get married... We win every single time. And we're clearly going to win this one. So all this really is is a question of how long it is going to take you to catch up with the rest of society. Are you going to be one of those old folks who sit around ranting about the "coloreds", but with the "gays"? Or are you going to take responsibility for continuing your moral development even as you get old?

What I can't figure out is why you lump all those groups with gays. All those advances you mentioned are certainly admirable, and we shouldn't discriminate. Against anybody, no matter who and what they are, or do, and if you're going to engage in disgusting behavior (flaunting your sexuality), then it has to (or should) be kept private and out of the public view.

But lumping gays with Blacks, Native Americans, Women and every other minority (of which I am a member) is an insult. We are not disgusting, thank you very much!

What I can't figure out is why you lump all those groups with gays. All those advances you mentioned are certainly admirable, and we shouldn't discriminate. Against anybody, no matter who and what they are, or do, and if you're going to engage in disgusting behavior (flaunting your sexuality), then it has to (or should) be kept private and out of the public view.

I see easily 30 straight couples kiss or holding hands or whatever in public for every gay couple I see kiss or hold hands or whatever. And I live in freaking San Francisco. Your notion that gay people are doing something different than straight people is false. All it is is that you are straight so it stands out more in your mind when you see gay people doing the same thing. You need to deal with that.

But lumping gays with Blacks, Native Americans, Women and every other minority (of which I am a member) is an insult. We are not disgusting, thank you very much!

I don't really even know how to answer that. You're just flat out declaring that you think gay people are inferior. Why are they lessor people? Does God hate them or something?

Bigotry is bigotry. It isn't a matter of if you're bigoted against the correct group it is ok. Bigotry against any demographic group is evil.

It is over. The progressive politicians who made empty threats to block CFA restaurants in their cities backed down the moment people from their own side chastised them for it. The big Appreciation day set up by Huckabee brought large crowds to CFA restaurants across the country. The counter protesting kiss-ins attracted some press but little notice.

Chick-Fil-A got a few big days of sales, likely lost a relative handful of customers, and a year from now it'll mostly be forogtten by the vast majority of people. Essentially, a big nothing.

Chick-Fil-A got a few big days of sales, likely lost a relative handful of customers, and a year from now it'll mostly be forogtten by the vast majority of people. Essentially, a big nothing.

I think it has two effects. Obviously over time we're moving towards being more tolerant of homosexuality. Each year, even in the reddest states, support for marriage equality is steadily rising. In 20 years people will look at bigotry against gay people the same way they look at bigotry against any demographic group. So, at some point Chick-Fil-A is either going to need to make a big ole apology and promise to change its ways, or it's image will start to become a pretty big liability everywhere.

The other effect is that it has tentatively stretched some tendrils out outside of the south over the past few years. Those locations are going to go out of business and it will retract back to being just a southern company.

Those two things said though, it has gotten tons of free press. Within the south I imagine it's locations will actually do better in the near term.

I think it has two effects. Obviously over time we're moving towards being more tolerant of homosexuality. Each year, even in the reddest states, support for marriage equality is steadily rising. In 20 years people will look at bigotry against gay people the same way they look at bigotry against any demographic group. So, at some point Chick-Fil-A is either going to need to make a big ole apology and promise to change its ways, or it's image will start to become a pretty big liability everywhere.

And this has what to do with this specific situation...? You're suggesting that due to things that may happen over the next 20 years Chick-Fil-A may need to change it's ways...well, yeah, probably. That means jack squat though in terms of the happenings of the past few weeks.

What you just said isn't an effect of what Chick-Fil-A's stance or peoples protests against it or the protests against the protests, and on and on...what you said is a generalized 20 year look at culture changing.

The other effect is that it has tentatively stretched some tendrils out outside of the south over the past few years. Those locations are going to go out of business and it will retract back to being just a southern company.

I completely disagree with you here. While it may slow the expansion a bit, there's been nothing to indicate to me that any significant business is going to be affected on their end. Ultimately, contrary to the insolated thought processes of people hyped on politics, the American People are not massively politically principled animals. A year from now I'd honestly guess that save for those specifically part of the LGBT movement, not simply supporteres of it, and some people heavily plugged in politically, most people won't even have it on their consiousness when thinking about Chick-Fil-A and possible openings of stores. At worst, they may have a hard time opening up in a few new northern locations over the next year or so...but beyond that I'd be surprised as I've seen no indication what so ever that it's having or will have substantial business impact.

And this has what to do with this specific situation...? You're suggesting that due to things that may happen over the next 20 years Chick-Fil-A may need to change it's ways...well, yeah, probably. That means jack squat though in terms of the happenings of the past few weeks.

What you just said isn't an effect of what Chick-Fil-A's stance or peoples protests against it or the protests against the protests, and on and on...what you said is a generalized 20 year look at culture changing.

Not sure I'm following your argument on this one. What I am saying is that Chick-Fil-A has announced a stance that won't wear well with time. It will become a progressively bigger problem for them as society's attitudes continue to evolve on this issue.

I completely disagree with you here. While it may slow the expansion a bit, there's been nothing to indicate to me that any significant business is going to be affected on their end. Ultimately, contrary to the insolated thought processes of people hyped on politics, the American People are not massively politically principled animals. A year from now I'd honestly guess that save for those specifically part of the LGBT movement, not simply supporteres of it, and some people heavily plugged in politically, most people won't even have it on their consiousness when thinking about Chick-Fil-A and possible openings of stores. At worst, they may have a hard time opening up in a few new northern locations over the next year or so...but beyond that I'd be surprised as I've seen no indication what so ever that it's having or will have substantial business impact.

That may be true that a year from now most people will have forgotten. But I don't see those stores lasting a year. I mean, from a Democrat's perspective, what he said was no different than saying that he thinks black people are inferior to white people or any other such thing. A portion of every dollar spent at Chick-Fil-A goes to hate groups. People are very aware of that, not just the hyper political. My facebook is flooded with posts from people about it, people at work are bringing it up all the time, etc. It's a big deal to us and a business can't survive in states where we're the overwhelming majority without our patronage.

Not sure I'm following your argument on this one. What I am saying is that Chick-Fil-A has announced a stance that won't wear well with time. It will become a progressively bigger problem for them as society's attitudes continue to evolve on this issue.

The question is what did these things that occured over the past week or two accomplish, specifically.

IE people professing their desire to boycott chick-fil-a, the mayors saying their bit, people responding to the boycott by doing an appretiation day, other people responding by staging counter protests or taking other action, etc.

Sure, Chick-Fil-A's stance won't likely wear well 10 or 20 years down the road...but that has little to do with what's occured over the past few weeks.

I guess to make my point clearer...

In 10 or 20 years this stance on Chick-Fil-A would not wear well even if there was not a single person protesting them for having that stance, if no politician uttered a single word, if no person ever showed up in "appreciation" of their stance, if no one ever decided to do a kiss in, etc. The stance would still likely not wear well once things move forward as they have been and the notion of homosexuality becomes less of a taboo. The events that have happened in the past few weeks aren't what is going to be causing it not to wear well, or having any real effect on it not wearing well.

So while I agree with your general assertion regarding the future, the past few weeks have little real impact regarding that future.

Just in terms of the actions that happened in the past week...the net result is going to be mostly a big ball of nothing in the grand scope of things imho.

That may be true that a year from now most people will have forgotten. But I don't see those stores lasting a year.

I disagree to an extent in the short term, and more in terms of long term affect. Will some stores perhaps go under? Maybe. I actually still HIGHLY doubt that. At worst I'd say you're more likely to see some that may be on college campuses pushed off, because it's less of a capitalistic reason for it, than you will stand alone stores. You may see a handful in more liberally populated areas in the north suffer. But by and large I don't think you're going to see them become a "southern" only resturant again, you won't see their expansion stopped let alone significantly slowed, and I still think many of their stores farther to the north will be fine.

Anecdotally, while Virginia is "southern", the area I live in is extremely transient and is solidly liberal. Every chick-fil-a in the area hasn't seemed to be any different in terms of the lines and amount of people in the lots now then it was a month ago to my eye. I just don't see anything telling me that outside of a handful of stores that may be the exception that this is going to have significant impact on stores, expansion, etc.

I mean, from a Democrat's perspective, what he said was no different than saying that he thinks black people are inferior to white people or any other such thing.

Sorry, you don't speak for all Democrats and I have seen many a Democrats NOT reacting to this as if what he said is "no different than saying htat he thinks black people are inferior to white people".

My facebook is flooded with posts from people about it

Facebook was filled with KONY stuff...how much do you see that now. During the heart of occupy season it was flooded with 1% stuff...how much do you see that now. At the start of the TM/Zim thing I saw tons of stuff on that on Facebook, hardly any now. After every shooting, from Fort Hood to Arora, I see facebook become littered with pro and anti gun stuff...that disappears a few weeks later. Everybody was big on putting up Prop 8 stuff on facebook, till that passed and then it was onto the next cause to put up and get "likes" and feel like you're some kind of activist because you posted on your wall.

Yeah, facebook is filled with it...because it's the popular topic dejour at the moment that feeds into the hollow attention whoring nature of facebook in the first place. It's not hard for people to jump onto their Suicide-Built iPhone and post about "hate chicken" and feel that they're made some grand difference becuase everyone will know how they stand on the issue. But 6 months down the line when they're tasting some waffle fries and a chicken sandwich, I would be shocked if the vast majority of those that are posting on facebook in "protest" who previously regularly ate chick-fil-a don't stop in as they pass one and grab themselves a #1. Because passing facebook fads are just that...fads. It's not about politics, it's about pop culture.

It is over. The progressive politicians who made empty threats to block CFA restaurants in their cities backed down the moment people from their own side chastised them for it. The big Appreciation day set up by Huckabee brought large crowds to CFA restaurants across the country. The counter protesting kiss-ins attracted some press but little notice.

But what has been accomplished?

Rush Limbaugh's ratings are up.....other than that....umm....hmmmm.....

As a gay individual I have to say I am hurt.

Oh pft stop it already.

Sure, Chick-Fil-A's stance won't likely wear well 10 or 20 years down the road...but that has little to do with what's occured over the past few weeks.

Well obviously it has a lot to do with the CEO's announcment, right? That's the thing that won't wear well.

As for the protests and whatnot, I definitely think they have a long term impact. Most everybody in the country is aware of Chick-Fil-A's stance on gay people now. It's written into the history books. They will ultimately either need to distance themselves from that stance or they will face a pretty huge image problem in the long term.

I disagree to an extent in the short term, and more in terms of long term affect. Will some stores perhaps go under? Maybe. I actually still HIGHLY doubt that. At worst I'd say you're more likely to see some that may be on college campuses pushed off, because it's less of a capitalistic reason for it, than you will stand alone stores. You may see a handful in more liberally populated areas in the north suffer. But by and large I don't think you're going to see them become a "southern" only resturant again, you won't see their expansion stopped let alone significantly slowed, and I still think many of their stores farther to the north will be fine.

Anecdotally, while Virginia is "southern", the area I live in is extremely transient and is solidly liberal. Every chick-fil-a in the area hasn't seemed to be any different in terms of the lines and amount of people in the lots now then it was a month ago to my eye. I just don't see anything telling me that outside of a handful of stores that may be the exception that this is going to have significant impact on stores, expansion, etc.

What you may not be taking into account is that it doesn't take like an 80% drop in sales to drive a business out of business. More like 20% and it goes out of business. If being branded Chick-Fil-A costs them even 10% of their business, odds are that whoever owns that Chick-Fil-A franchise would be better off switching over to KFC or whatever and getting that 10% back.

I would be shocked if the vast majority of those that are posting on facebook in "protest" who previously regularly ate chick-fil-a don't stop in as they pass one and grab themselves a #1. Because passing facebook fads are just that...fads. It's not about politics, it's about pop culture.

I think you're kind of assuming that because something doesn't seem like a big deal to you, it doesn't seem like a big deal to anybody. That just isn't the case. Many people in this country have a close friend or loved one who has been the victim of a violent hate crime based on their sexual orientation for example. Many people in this country knew somebody who committed suicide when they found out that they were gay. Do you think those people are going to buy chicken from a guy that is funding the hate groups that fuel all that?

What you may not be taking into account is that it doesn't take like an 80% drop in sales to drive a business out of business. More like 20% and it goes out of business. If being branded Chick-Fil-A costs them even 10% of their business, odds are that whoever owns that Chick-Fil-A franchise would be better off switching over to KFC or whatever and getting that 10% back.

You realize this is a franchise where people already go into it knowing they're going to have their profits reduced due to being unable to open one day a week due largely to the companies religious beliefs. I think you're over estimating peoples activism, and it's affect, to be quite honest.

It's not that it's not a big deal to me. It's because I've watched people I know who aren't political active most of the time get on board with whatever recent fad or trendy facebook thing is out there and then never give any indication of it again months later routinely.

Tell me...iS KONY2000 still important to anywhere near the amount of people as it was months back when it blew up all over the net and Facebook?

It's not me thinking that because it's not a big deal for me that it must not be a big deal for everyone. It's me having the reasonable understanding of this countries population and the general notion of humanity to understand how most average people react to this kind of stuff. You can barely get 50% of the people in this country to be politically motivated enough to come out and vote in a massively historic election that actually decides the President of the country...I'm not confident that any significant number of people who were already regular customers of chick-fil-a are going to stop purchasing their food for a long enough peroid of time for it to have any sizable impact.

To be perfectly blunt...yes, I do think there are many people in this country woh knew somebody who committed suicide when they found out they were gay whose still likely to eat chick-fil-a. Just like many people still bought iPhones after the news and facebook went abuzz with Foxconn employees suiciding themselves at a clip that would make lemmings jealous. Just like many people still shop at Walmart despite the notion of Chinese Sweatshops being hardly an unknown commodity. Just like most massive political movements are hot for a short bit of time and then are mostly forgotten by the vast majority of your average person in the country.

I think you're kind of assuming that because something doesn't seem like a big deal to you, it doesn't seem like a big deal to anybody. That just isn't the case. Many people in this country have a close friend or loved one who has been the victim of a violent hate crime based on their sexual orientation for example. Many people in this country knew somebody who committed suicide when they found out that they were gay. Do you think those people are going to buy chicken from a guy that is funding the hate groups that fuel all that?[/QUOTE]

You realize this is a franchise where people already go into it knowing they're going to have their profits reduced due to being unable to open one day a week due largely to the companies religious beliefs. I think you're over estimating peoples activism, and it's affect, to be quite honest.

It's not that it's not a big deal to me. It's because I've watched people I know who aren't political active most of the time get on board with whatever recent fad or trendy facebook thing is out there and then never give any indication of it again months later routinely.

Lets look at a comparable situation- Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel went down a similar road. They openly announced that they didn't hire gay people and didn't approve of homosexuality back in the 90s. In 1998 there was a huge flurry of hype about it, protests, boycotts, news stories, etc. Over the course of the next five years, their stock fell from $40 to $10 and they had to shut down tons of locations- mostly those outside the south. Then, in 2002, they fired the CEO, issued a massive apology, donated a bunch of money to gay rights causes, and made a huge show of ceasing all discrimination against gay people and hiring gay people for high profile positions, and their stock came back up to $40 by 2005.

Tell me...iS KONY2000 still important to anywhere near the amount of people as it was months back when it blew up all over the net and Facebook?

If Joseph Kony ran a chain of restaurants in the US, do you think they would still be in business?

Lets look at a comparable situation- Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel went down a similar road. They openly announced that they didn't hire gay people and didn't approve of homosexuality back in the 90s. In 1998 there was a huge flurry of hype about it, protests, boycotts, news stories, etc. Over the course of the next five years, their stock fell from $40 to $10 and they had to shut down tons of locations- mostly those outside the south. Then, in 2002, they fired the CEO, issued a massive apology, donated a bunch of money to gay rights causes, and made a huge show of ceasing all discrimination against gay people and hiring gay people for high profile positions, and their stock came back up to $40 by 2005.

If Joseph Kony ran a chain of restaurants in the US, do you think they would still be in business?
Luis Farrakhan has two, and one of them is in Chicago. Whats your point?

Did I miss where ChickFilA refused to hire or serve gay people?

Luis Farrakhan has two, and one of them is in Chicago. Whats your point?

I'm not clear on what you're arguing here... Can you explain? Did you have a response to my position?

Did I miss where ChickFilA refused to hire or serve gay people?

No. At least they don't say that they discriminate against gay people openly if they do.

But in 1998 refusing to hire gay people was a similar type of severity as saying the things he said and funding hate groups is today I think. If anything, Chick-Fil-A has generated more outrage than Cracker Barrel did.

I'm not clear on what you're arguing here... Can you explain? Did you have a response to my position?
No. At least they don't say that they discriminate against gay people openly if they do.
But in 1998 refusing to hire gay people was a similar type of severity as saying the things he said and funding hate groups is today I think. If anything, Chick-Fil-A has generated more outrage than Cracker Barrel did.
Woah woah waoh. ChickFilA didnt generate any 'outrage'...a bunch of mayors used an interview with a Christian owner in a Christian magazine (which said nothing more than he believed openly denying the word of God was to tempt his wrath) to gin up a bunch of fauxrage...and it blew up in their face. We arent talking about this issue. (still) because of ANYTHING the restaurant chain did. We are talking about this because a bunch of liberals tried to score points. At least, they boosted ChikFilAs business significantly. Before this is over at least a few mayors and alderman and one NYC Chancellor may have put their city residents into a HUGE fiscal liability situation.

Woah woah waoh. ChickFilA didnt generate any 'outrage'...a bunch of mayors used an interview with a Christian owner in a Christian magazine (which said nothing more than he believed openly denying the word of God was to tempt his wrath) to gin up a bunch of fauxrage...and it blew up in their face. We arent talking about this issue. (still) because of ANYTHING the restaurant chain did. We are talking about this because a bunch of liberals tried to score points. At least, they boosted ChikFilAs business significantly. Before this is over at least a few mayors and alderman and one NYC Chancellor may have put their city residents into a HUGE fiscal liability situation.

Are you serious? You don't think Chick-Fil-A has generated any outrage? That is the most bizarre claim I've ever heard somebody make... You're just denying that this whole thing happened at all? I don't even know what to say to that lol..

I see easily 30 straight couples kiss or holding hands or whatever in public for every gay couple I see kiss or hold hands or whatever. And I live in freaking San Francisco.

Really? I don't. 30 to 1, huh? I think you're exaggerating.

But remember. I'm not talking about the kissing and holding hands. I'm talking about the "whatever". You have to realize what I'm talking about so that there is no more misunderstanding. Since being gay is mostly about sex (at least among the men) they are more promiscuous than straights, and are almost always on the prowl for their next sex partner. If they think you're interested, they give you that look and they flaunt themselves openly.

If I have my family with me, including kids, it is MY RIGHT not to see that, and to protect the kids from being exposed to that kind of behavior. And if confronted with a distasteful scene like that, I have to move along to get as far from it as possible.

Your notion that gay people are doing something different than straight people is false. All it is is that you are straight so it stands out more in your mind when you see gay people doing the same thing. You need to deal with that.

You're not looking at it with open eyes. And I DON'T need to deal with that. That's my point. There's such a thing as decency, and you seem to think the gays are exempt from it. Why? You're giving them extra latitude with respect to the way they can behave in public. Why?

I don't really even know how to answer that. You're just flat out declaring that you think gay people are inferior. Why are they lessor people? Does God hate them or something?

You know, at first you insult minorities by lumping us with gays. Now you're trying to lump me in with bigots. I think it's time you stop.

They are not inferior, or lesser in any way, and God doesn't hate them. I don't hate them. I'm not saying they can't have gay sex if they really want to. What I'm trying to get into your head is that they need to keep it among themselves. In private. That's all! Why is that a problem for you?

I don't know what you see out there, but I'll tell you what you don't see. You don't see straights flaunting their sexuality (which is basically advertising) to the extent that gays do, do you?. If gays ARE the same as us straights (as you claim) then let them behave that way and keep it private.

Now, how are our rights to "not see" their openly public, offensive behavior bigotry, or evil?

Tolerance is good. We really do need to be more tolerant, but you need to understand that not everything has to be tolerated. There are limits.

Are you serious? You don't think Chick-Fil-A has generated any outrage? That is the most bizarre claim I've ever heard somebody make... You're just denying that this whole thing happened at all? I don't even know what to say to that lol..
The restaurant chain did NOTHING. The CEO was asked a question and answered it in a rather harmless manner I might add. And no...I dont think Cathy did a THING wrong. I DO believe you, others like you, and especially the mayors CREATED that situation for purely political reasons and I think that whole situation just reared back and kicked yourself right in the groin. But please...PLEASE...before you continue with your pathetic mock outrage, reconcile Rahm Emmanuel in the same week he said ChickFilA isnt in line with "Chicago Values" then embraced Louis Farrakhan...the guy that compared gay people to swine. No...just...really...have the common sense to stop embarrassing yourself and let this go. You and others made a tactical error. Let the smoke clear and pick some other non issue to make a political stand on.

Really? I don't. 30 to 1, huh? I think you're exaggerating.

But remember. I'm not talking about the kissing and holding hands. I'm talking about the "whatever". You have to realize what I'm talking about so that there is no more misunderstanding. Since being gay is mostly about sex (at least among the men) they are more promiscuous than straights, and are almost always on the prowl for their next sex partner. If they think you're interested, they give you that look and they flaunt themselves openly.

If I have my family with me, including kids, it is MY RIGHT not to see that, and to protect the kids from being exposed to that kind of behavior. And if confronted with a distasteful scene like that, I have to move along to get as far from it as possible.

You're not looking at it with open eyes. And I DON'T need to deal with that. That's my point. There's such a thing as decency, and you seem to think the gays are exempt from it. Why? You're giving them extra latitude with respect to the way they can behave in public. Why?

Where do you live RamFel? I'm just guessing here, but I'm going to guess that you live in some small town in a red state and never actually interact with any openly gay people, and that that is why you have these bizarre ideas about them. Am I right?

The stuff you're spouting off was like what less informed people thought about gay people 30 years ago man. It's just silly talk. You need to branch out man because you've become an anachronism. And your failure to stay in touch with reality is harming innocent people.

You know, at first you insult minorities by lumping us with gays. Now you're trying to lump me in with bigots. I think it's time you stop.

What are you talking about? Insulting minorities? Dude, gay people are a minority. They're a demographic group just like anybody else. They're people. They aren't any worse or better than any other group. This disgusting bigotry you are expressing is just despicable man. You need to try to make yourself into a better person.

They are not inferior, or lesser in any way, and God doesn't hate them. I don't hate them. I'm not saying they can't have gay sex if they really want to. What I'm trying to get into your head is that they need to keep it among themselves. In private. That's all! Why is that a problem for you?

You have a lot of gay guys like having sex on your lawn all the time do you?

I don't know what you see out there, but I'll tell you what you don't see. You don't see straights flaunting their sexuality (which is basically advertising) to the extent that gays do, do you?

Of course you do. Again, I see straight couples kissing and whatnot far, far, far, more often than gay couples doing the same thing. And there isn't anything wrong with it in either case. Your little notion that sometimes you see somebody you think is gay and they look at you story is just asinine.

Tolerance is good. We really do need to be more tolerant, but you need to understand that not everything has to be tolerated. There are limits.

No, there is no demographic group that we should not tolerate. Bigotry against any demographic group is evil.

The restaurant chain did NOTHING. The CEO was asked a question and answered it in a rather harmless manner I might add. And no...I dont think Cathy did a THING wrong. I DO believe you, others like you, and especially the mayors CREATED that situation for purely political reasons and I think that whole situation just reared back and kicked yourself right in the groin. But please...PLEASE...before you continue with your pathetic mock outrage, reconcile Rahm Emmanuel in the same week he said ChickFilA isnt in line with "Chicago Values" then embraced Louis Farrakhan...the guy that compared gay people to swine. No...just...really...have the common sense to stop embarrassing yourself and let this go. You and others made a tactical error. Let the smoke clear and pick some other non issue to make a political stand on.

Mock outrage? See, this is the root issue. You assume that because it isn't a big deal to you to attack gay people, that nobody really cares about it. They must just be pretending. But that isn't reality. In reality, what he said and funding hate groups is an extremely serious thing. He is a hatemonger who is funneling money to groups that fuel violence and discrimination against gay people. You may not care about that, but many people do. It is no different than somebody going around saying that black people are inferior and funneling money to white supremacist groups.

Mock outrage? See, this is the root issue. You assume that because it isn't a big deal to you to attack gay people, that nobody really cares about it. They must just be pretending. But that isn't reality. In reality, what he said and funding hate groups is an extremely serious thing. He is a hatemonger who is funneling money to groups that fuel violence and discrimination against gay people. You may not care about that, but many people do. It is no different than somebody going around saying that black people are inferior and funneling money to white supremacist groups.
Good lord, get over yourself. He didnt attack gay people. Thats so incredibly pathetic that you believe that to be the case. But really...since you are SOOO outraged...where was that backlash against Farrakhans restaurant, the mayor embracing him, or hey, how about the black ministers that came out in opposition to the presidents position on gay marriage? For that matter, where was that outrage directed at the 70% of the blacks and hispanics that voted against prop 8 right there in your home state? Please...thats just sad. You are making yourself look worse. Im on your side here, really. I want to help. Just...stop. Apply an ice bag. The pain will go away soon and you can gin up some new fresh outrage.

Good lord, get over yourself. He didnt attack gay people. Thats so incredibly pathetic that you believe that to be the case.

He said "I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about"

Do you honestly not understand how that is an attack on gay people? That is impossible that you honestly can't grasp that...

He said "I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about"

Do you honestly not understand how that is an attack on gay people? That is impossible that you honestly can't grasp that...

That is his right, if he believes that to be the teachings of his religion. Perhaps you should listen to the Muslims that justify the death penalty for gay folks, but we must somehow treat Muslims with "respect" not accorded to mere Christians. Obama was NOT for SSM until a couple of months ago, yet I heard no such criticism of his assertion that marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN position before it "evolved". Are the current marriage laws an "attack" on the rights of polygamists too or only on the GLBT folks? It seems that without a "victim" class the left has nothing to get riled up about. Is it not strange that those Chicago values also do not allow SSM? Hmm...

Thats right...he did. He said what a good many Christians and for that matter religious people everywhere think. He didnt call you a pig. He didnt refer to you as swine. And dont think I dont notice how you COMPLETELY avoid that aspect-no no...you confine your pathetic attacks to Christians..and heck...not even Christians in general...but only white Christians. You didnt call out Rahmbo for embracing the Nation. Which again...is why your mock outrage is such a joke. You said nothing throughout the 3.5 years Obama stated he believed it is wrong and shouldnt be allowed and only found your voice after his conversion...a conversion brought about solely because he wants your money and votes. You ignore the black ministers that united and spoke out against Obamas stand on gay marriage. You ignore the vast majority of blacks and Hispanics that voted against prop 8. Like I said...you make yourself look silly. This pretend outrage is just pathetic. For your own sake...hell...for your CAUSES sake...you really should stop.

Back
Top Bottom