• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What old "reality" tv shows do you like?

• Adam 12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dragnet

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Emergency

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please name them)

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

(You may vote for more than one)

I love Adam 12, and Dragnet is pretty good in a square dorky kind of way, but I never cared much for Emergency.

Fisher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Emergency is the only one of those I actually recall seeing some whole episodes of on Nick or Retro or wherever--I think that was it with the fire department paramedics.

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
the gong show
best when watched stoned

KevinKohler

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Who's line is it anyway.

ecofarm

global liberation
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
South Park

Gardener

free market communist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I love Lucy -- the heartwrenching travails of a Cuban-American trying to eek out an existence in the music business during the McCarthy years in the upper west side. The portrail of his American-born wife, quite clueless as to the many pratfalls he might face in such an austere political climate is especially poignant.

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I think "I Love Lucy" was the first reality TV show ever. After all, it was based on Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez, who were married, she was zany and he was a Cuban musician and band leader, and their first child, a son, was born during the show's run and he became part of the show.

Josie

No Day But Today
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I used to watch Rescue 911, with William Shatner. Also liked Unsolved Mysteries
Oh my gosh.... there's my childhood. :) I love Robert Stack's voice on Unsolved Mysteries. I'll never forget an episode where they talked about this mysterious spiral staircase. When I was in college, I read a historical novel called The Staircase and it was the same story. I was so excited! :)

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I love Lucy -- the heartwrenching travails of a Cuban-American trying to eek out an existence in the music business during the McCarthy years in the upper west side. The portrail of his American-born wife, quite clueless as to the many pratfalls he might face in such an austere political climate is especially poignant.
Great minds think alike - you beat me by four minutes!!

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Perry Mason

Candid Camera
As a kid, I loved Perry Mason - helped develop my legal mind and deductive talents. My other favorite show as a kid was The Avengers, the old British one, with Steed and Emma Peel. TV's just not as good these days.

Bob Blaylock

Electrician
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

(You may vote for more than one)

I love Adam 12, and Dragnet is pretty good in a square dorky kind of way, but I never cared much for Emergency.
I do not think that any of the poll choices qualify as “reality” shows. Dragnet comes the closest, having been based on fictionalized dramatizations of supposedly real cases. I'm quite sure that both Emergency! and Adam 12 were entirely fictional.

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I do not think that any of the poll choices qualify as “reality” shows. Dragnet comes the closest, having been based on fictionalized dramatizations of supposedly real cases. I'm quite sure that both Emergency! and Adam 12 were entirely fictional.
Hence the quotation marks.

Adam 12 has the same disclaimer about being based on true events that Dragnet did, btw. Not sure about Emergency.

Top Bottom