• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if Both Hillary and Donald get Indicted?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Trump U a fraud? No, I'm shocked.

“In New York, we have laws against business fraud, we have laws against consumer fraud,” Schneiderman said in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on “Good Morning America.” “We have a law against running an illegal, unlicensed university. This never was a university. The fraud started with the name of the organization, and you can’t just go around saying this is the George Stephanopoulos Law Firm/Hospital/University without actually qualifying and registering, so it was really a fraud from beginning to end.”

“It’s fraud. This is just straight up fraud. It’s like selling people something you say is a Mercedes and it turns out to be a Volkswagen,” Schneiderman added in a separate interview on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “And even if some people say, ‘Well, I actually kind of like the Volkswagen,’ it’s still fraud, ‘cause it’s not a Mercedes. This is not a university.”

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Says Trump University Was 'Straight Up Fraud'

This is not a surprise.
Once a fraud and conman, always a fraud and conman.

If both Hillary and Donald get indicted, congrats - you're now Italy.

If both got indicted I might begin to believe there is justice in the world.

The TU fraud was so obvious that it took the NY AG only 11 years to notice it. ;)

Thread: What if Both Hillary and Donald get Indicted?

we-have-come-a-very-long-way-bernie-sanders-gives-victory-speech-after-winning-one-super-tuesday-state.jpg

This is not a surprise.
Once a fraud and conman, always a fraud and conman.

I question objectivity of the AG when he stated: “And even if some people say, ‘Well, I actually kind of like the Volkswagen,’ it’s still fraud, ‘cause it’s not a Mercedes. This is not a university.”

So, if somebody liked what they received, he is still going to decide it was fraud?

Should Kelloggs be indicted for fraud?

Monster University.jpg

I'm not feeling the righteous indignation others are feeling.

If trying to sell up is illegal, every phone bank selling services over the phone should be shut down. As should every car dealership and any other enterprise that seeks to upsell someone.

Hillary's indictment would be over a mismanagement of government. Trump's indictment would be over a mismanagement of business.

At the least, Hillary will have shown a propensity to be inept in government. Her experience in government isn't necessarily a qualification.
At the least, Trump will have shown a propensity to be inept in business. His experience in business isn't necessarily a qualification.

I'm wondering, though, how many more hits than misses has Trump had in business? How many more hits than misses has Hillary had in government?

Last edited:

That scenario ( both indicted) is actually more palatable than having these 2 on the ticket.

The TU fraud was so obvious that it took the NY AG only 11 years to notice it. ;)

And there are at least two States (Florida and Texas) where the AG looked into these fraud allegations, decided to not pursue them further, and then received campaign contributions from Trump.

If both got indicted I might begin to believe there is justice in the world.

Nah...

Only if they do time.

Not only do politicians get a fee ride from charges, in the unlikely event they are convicted, they never do time.

And despite what people say, they won't leave the race if indicted.

As far as I know, Trump is just looking at a civil trial and the loss of money if he loses. Hillary could theoretically be wearing an orange jumpsuit. Still, I find it somewhat hilarious, frightening, and even amusing that the Republican voters elected a possible con man who will be on trial right around the time of the election while the Democratic voters elected someone who might be out on bail right around the time of the election. These are the candidates the voters picked, both of whom have extremely high negatives. It just boggles my mind that these are the two the voters elected. What in the hell is this country coming to?

And there are at least two States (Florida and Texas) where the AG looked into these fraud allegations, decided to not pursue them further, and then received campaign contributions from Trump.

It seems that corruption just may trump (pun intended) fraud. It is no secret that political favors (and penalties) occur - the hard part is getting anything done about it. The system protects the system.

Oh. He's just investing in the political process. Nothing to see here folks..

Trump U a fraud? No, I'm shocked.

Here's another wrinkle to the Trump University as Fraud situation.

State attorneys general who dropped Trump University fraud inquiries subsequently got Trump donations

Given all of the instances of Trump discussing his willingness and history with making campaign contributions in exchange for political favors, this should certainly raise a few eyebrows. However, given the recent oral leanings during the Supreme Court hearing on the McDonald case, I am highly skeptical that such would ever lead to a corruption or bribery charge.

State attorneys general who dropped Trump University fraud inquiries subsequently got Trump donations

Given all of the instances of Trump discussing his willingness and history with making campaign contributions in exchange for political favors, this should certainly raise a few eyebrows. However, given the recent oral leanings during the Supreme Court hearing on the McDonald case, I am highly skeptical that such would ever lead to a corruption or bribery charge.

Not a word about fraud Clinton?

lol...that's one way to get an AG off your back---scratch a check.

LOL. Sometimes I think we're already there.

I would look for the Republicans to quickly amend their rules to disallow an indicted candidate--I'm pretty sure there is no such rule at present as the issue has not come up before, but I could be wrong about that. And then Trump's delegates would be released to vote for any other candidate officially qualified for the general election. It might take several votes and who would emerge the victor? Who knows.f

The Democrats? Who knows. They might just look to Obama to pardon Hillary and go ahead with her. In recent elections, the Democrats have typically set their standards bar much lower for their candidates than most Republicans deemed acceptable.

The Republicans tend to expect more in the way of accepted credentials for their candidates.

Until this year anyway.

Not a word about fraud Clinton?

Setting aside that I was responding to a post with an article specifically about Trump University (the content of my post)...

I haven't heard an accusation of fraud against Hillary Clinton...a quick google search reveals some accusations of voter fraud during the Iowa caucus, is that what you're referencing?

LOL. Sometimes I think we're already there.

I would look for the Republicans to quickly amend their rules to disallow an indicted candidate--I'm pretty sure there is no such rule at present as the issue has not come up before, but I could be wrong about that. And then Trump's delegates would be released to vote for any other candidate officially qualified for the general election. It might take several votes and who would emerge the victor? Who knows.f

The Democrats? Who knows. They might just look to Obama to pardon Hillary and go ahead with her. In recent elections, the Democrats have typically set their standards bar much lower for their candidates than most Republicans deemed acceptable.

The Republicans tend to expect more in the way of accepted credentials for their candidates.

Until this year anyway.

All I can say is that Gary Johnson is looking better and better everyday.

I thought the Trump U trial was scheduled for AFTER the election. In fact, the release of these documents now (a purely political move) only serves to pollute the jury pool for that trial. Making it ever more likely the trial will not take place at all.

Back
Top Bottom