• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if Both Hillary and Donald get Indicted?

It seems to me the liberal voters are rejecting Hillary at an even higher rate than conservatives rejected Ted Cruz.

She's leading Bernie by millions

She's leading Bernie by millions

That should tell you that Democrats are far from being liberal, by the millions actually. Liberals are all feeling the Bern, but yet he can't win. It tells me all I need to know.

I may be wrong, but I do not think anyone has a license on the name "University",
and almost anyone can offer training, and call themselves a university.
You won't be accredited, likely cannot receive federal money,
but you could still charge people for presenting material.

Totally legal, yes. And, encouraging people to max out their credit cards and dip into their retirement savings to pay the tuition is legal as well.

And, the same people who fall for that sort of predatory marketing are the ones most likely to vote for a conman and fraud when he runs for political office, all very legal.

Somehow, the story of Trump U reminds me of the story of smart pills.

If both get indicted, not much would change except the Humor Index would be pegged. :lol:

The US electorate would rather elect an indicted person than vote for a successful 2 term governor with a clean record. Yes Virginia, we have the government we deserve.

Totally legal, yes. And, encouraging people to max out their credit cards and dip into their retirement savings to pay the tuition is legal as well.

And, the same people who fall for that sort of predatory marketing are the ones most likely to vote for a conman and fraud when he runs for political office, all very legal.

Somehow, the story of Trump U reminds me of the story of smart pills.
I don't know enough about it, but there are many types of education out there,
and many are not good choices.
I responded, because the original article implied using the name university was somehow illegal.
“We have a law against running an illegal, unlicensed university. This never was a university.
The fraud started with the name of the organization,
and you can’t just go around saying this is the George Stephanopoulos Law Firm/Hospital/University
without actually qualifying and registering, so it was really a fraud from beginning to end.”
I do not think this was accurate.

That should tell you that Democrats are far from being liberal, by the millions actually. Liberals are all feeling the Bern, but yet he can't win. It tells me all I need to know.

I guess you're right.

What if Both Hillary and Donald get Indicted?

2015-08-02-1438530796-1482577-JoeBiden.jpg

1000509261001_1813392965001_BIO-Paul-Ryan-Random-Facts-SF.jpg

If Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both indicted, the United States will survive. Bernie Sanders will be elected president. Right now he is ahead of Trump by about ten percentage points.

It would probably be unwise to require Hillary to share a prison cell with Donald, however, even if Donald has a sex change operation.

LOL. Sometimes I think we're already there.

I would look for the Republicans to quickly amend their rules to disallow an indicted candidate--I'm pretty sure there is no such rule at present as the issue has not come up before, but I could be wrong about that. And then Trump's delegates would be released to vote for any other candidate officially qualified for the general election. It might take several votes and who would emerge the victor? Who knows.f

The Democrats? Who knows. They might just look to Obama to pardon Hillary and go ahead with her. In recent elections, the Democrats have typically set their standards bar much lower for their candidates than most Republicans deemed acceptable.

The Republicans tend to expect more in the way of accepted credentials for their candidates.

Until this year anyway.

I sure hope Trump doesn't get booted by the party, even if indicted. That would leave Cruz as the next man standing and I wouldn't wish him on my most hated enemy.

Just out of curiosity, isn't it true that a sitting President can't be indicted and or tried while in office? If so, both of them are probably hoping for a win so they can put off the legal problems for 4 to 8 years and maybe forever.

I thought that the Trump U suit was a civil one. Don't think that criminal indictments come from civil trials.

The other thing I heard was that the law firm bringing the suit received a large sum of money from the Clintons (perhaps via their foundation? Perhaps via Soros?). Anyone have a reliable source for this? What are the details?

I know nothing about the issue and only caught wind of it in a minor way here a day or so ago. I agree, it does sound highly political that it came up now - liberals play such games here in Canada too - trials against Conservative Senators leading up to the last election here being an example.

I know nothing about the issue and only caught wind of it in a minor way here a day or so ago. I agree, it does sound highly political that it came up now - liberals play such games here in Canada too - trials against Conservative Senators leading up to the last election here being an example.

I can't help thinking of the false claims that McCain had an affair with a staffer as playing in the same sort of slime pit.

Some will probably claim that Hillary's emails and Hillary's failure in Benghazi are the same thing, but I'm more of the mind that it's not, as in both of these things were separated from elections. Benghazi as because it was too long ago, and it's not anyone else's fault other than Hillary's own that her email scandal's drip, drip, drip was stretched out until now. Had she come clean the first few months, it would have been old news and of no major bearing now. But it was her choice to stone wall everything for as long as she could. Now she gets her own just desserts for that poor judgement and that poor decision.

As far as I know, Trump is just looking at a civil trial and the loss of money if he loses. Hillary could theoretically be wearing an orange jumpsuit. Still, I find it somewhat hilarious, frightening, and even amusing that the Republican voters elected a possible con man who will be on trial right around the time of the election while the Democratic voters elected someone who might be out on bail right around the time of the election. These are the candidates the voters picked, both of whom have extremely high negatives. It just boggles my mind that these are the two the voters elected. What in the hell is this country coming to?

We've had Obama [whose life is a mystery] for 8 years so, you tell us what it's come to.

As far as I know, Trump is just looking at a civil trial and the loss of money if he loses. Hillary could theoretically be wearing an orange jumpsuit. Still, I find it somewhat hilarious, frightening, and even amusing that the Republican voters elected a possible con man who will be on trial right around the time of the election while the Democratic voters elected someone who might be out on bail right around the time of the election. These are the candidates the voters picked, both of whom have extremely high negatives. It just boggles my mind that these are the two the voters elected. What in the hell is this country coming to?

It is obvious what they are trying to do.

Even though it is just a civil trial, they are trying to bump it up to criminal to be on Hillary's level.

I don't think it will work though.

"New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Says Trump University Was 'Straight Up Fraud'"

Apparently he was never a student there. Trump claims the operation had a 93% positive rating from students. That is why he fighting it.

First off, I'm not making an accusation. I am quoting Donald Trump on this very topic.
Oy Vey!
Yes you are the one making the allegation.

I asked for examples of "instances" of these "political favors" that you alleged.

You then provided what Trump said, yet none of what he said speaks of any political favors.
That is you using his words to allege something that turns out not even to be true.
Again, those are allegations.

Second, if he had said specific names and specific political favors given in return, then he (and the politician) would currently be facing criminal penalty for violation of the federal corruption practices act.
All you are saying is that you can not provided an example of what you alleged and sadly, you don't even realize it. Doh!

Third, requiring that someone attend a wedding in exchange for a financial contribution to a politician is still an example of the "quid pro quo" that the Drumpf often brags about and another reason to view these campaign contributions made to State AGs that "coincidentally" dropped fraud charges against Trump University.
You are way off the deep end here and just letting your biased imagination run amuck.

At no point did he require attendance in return for a financial contribution.

Oy Vey! Yes you are the one making the allegation.

I asked for examples of "instances" of these "political favors" that you alleged.

Let's go back in time...all the way to 1:58 PM today where I said:

Given all of the instances of Trump discussing his willingness and history with making campaign contributions in exchange for political favors

I went ahead and bolded the most important aspect to make it easy for you. You asked for the instances [OF TRUMP DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC] which I provided to you.

You then provided what Trump said

No ****.

Yet none of what he said speaks of any political favors. That is you using his words to allege something that turns out not even to be true. Again, those are allegations.

How would you know that his words aren't truthful on this topic? Are you claiming that he is lying about bribing and obtaining political favors from politicians?

All you are saying is that you can not provided an example of what you alleged and sadly, you don't even realize it. Doh!

Let's go waaaaay back in time. All the way back to five seconds ago when I helped you to understand what I was talking about when I said "instances." Now, if you want explicit examples of when Trump used campaign donations in exchange for specific political favors - well guess what, I do too. I would love to see the man be indicted for bribery. Trump has shown himself just smart enough to discuss this illegal practice in general without providing enough incriminating details to warrant the arrest.

You are way off the deep end here and just letting your biased imagination run amuck. At no point did he require attendance in return for a financial contribution.

If you consider "way off the deep end" to be "taking his words at face value," then yea. I guess I am. Let's review his quote on this topic just one more time. This time I am going to bolden the aspect that I am taking at face value.

“For Hillary Clinton, I said be at my wedding and she came to my wedding,” he said. “You know why? She had no choice because I gave to a foundation that frankly that foundation is supposed to do good.”

It seems to me the liberal voters are rejecting Hillary at an even higher rate than conservatives rejected Ted Cruz.

Don't bet on it.

Don't bet on it.

I agree. When it comes time to vote they will vote for a lying, dishonest, crook, who supports their liberal values. Who cares if Hillary has to make decisions from a jail cell instead of the White House?

Trump U a fraud? No, I'm shocked.

Well, since Hillary supporters are such dopes, Hillary could bury them in the grass and then run a lawnmower over them, and the dopes would still vote for her.

Since Trump is a much nicer guy and treats people with respect, voting for him is a no brainer.

btw, Hillary supporters in LA are already waiting for her to arrive....

I agree. When it comes time to vote they will vote for a lying, dishonest, crook, who supports their liberal values. Who cares if Hillary has to make decisions from a jail cell instead of the White House?

All I can say is that Gary Johnson is looking better and better everyday.

Not to me. :( I know Gary Johnson personally and adore him as a person. But as President, not so much.

I sure hope Trump doesn't get booted by the party, even if indicted. That would leave Cruz as the next man standing and I wouldn't wish him on my most hated enemy.

Just out of curiosity, isn't it true that a sitting President can't be indicted and or tried while in office? If so, both of them are probably hoping for a win so they can put off the legal problems for 4 to 8 years and maybe forever.

My understanding is that the issue of indictment of a sitting President is an open question. Of course Congress can impeach him which is the same as an indictment, and then the matter goes to the Senate for the 'trial" and determination of whether the offense rises to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors in which case the Senate can vote to remove the President from office. In that case the VP will be sworn in as President and nominates a Vice President. But can a President be indicted otherwise? There is no law on the books to guide anybody on that and a wide difference of opinion. But while he was still President, Bill Clinton was judged to be in contempt of court by a New York federal judge, the SCOTUS ruled he could not argue before the high court and his license was suspended by the Arkansas Bar all based on the grand jury findings and the impeachment.

That's the long answer. The short answer is, I don't think anybody knows for sure.

I question objectivity of the AG when he stated: “And even if some people say, ‘Well, I actually kind of like the Volkswagen,’ it’s still fraud, ‘cause it’s not a Mercedes. This is not a university.”

So, if somebody liked what they received, he is still going to decide it was fraud?

Should Kelloggs be indicted for fraud?

View attachment 67202155

I'm not feeling the righteous indignation others are feeling.

If trying to sell up is illegal, every phone bank selling services over the phone should be shut down. As should every car dealership and any other enterprise that seeks to upsell someone.

The graduates of Trump's "university" were intimidated into writing good reviews. This is old news. If you learned that a restaurant with four stars on Yelp wouldn't return the customers' cars or credit cards until they wrote the adulatory Yelp review, you wouldn't continue to trust Yelp's reviews on that restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom