• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What can your President do that will make you have confidence in him?

Yeah...if one wants a Lord/Serf society. When Reagan slashed tax rates for the wealthy to the lowest they had been in 50 years the middle class in this country began to disappear. Clinton began to straighten it out and then along came George....slow walkin', slow talkin' George. Cut tax rates for the wealthy twice, started two wars....one totally unnecessary and doubled the national debt:

]

Removed the pics for cosmetic purposes.

Look. It doesn't matter. The argument you were trying to make is that the rich don't pay their fair share when they do pay more than their fair share on income tax. It's that simple.
You want things to be fair? have a flat tax, no exemptions. Everybody, no matter how much he makes, pays the same % of income. But that's a bad tax for the poor. This way, the poor are getting off easy since they are actually getting money from the federal govt, the somewhat ok pay little to nothing, and progressively, the rich end up paying so much than the bottom so that the poor are covered. So that the poor can get money from the govt back.

A progressive tax system is not a fair tax system. A progressive tax automatically excludes the idea of a fair share because the ones at the top are going to pay more than their fair share. So automatically, the ones at the top are getting the short end of the stick since they have to carry the ones at the bottom. And that's fine.

I do agree that capital gains taxes should be increased. But this doesn't fall under income tax. It falls under capital gains tax. And in capital gains tax, again, the poor, who don't invest, don't pay their fair share because they aren't even in the loop. And the ones who do invest are paying a LOT.

I was thinking that for about half a second and then the horror of Joe, hoof-n-mouth-disease, Biden running the country put me off the idea. Obama couldn't even do us a favor by resigning because just like all his choices, Joe Biden as VP was a bad one for America even if it was good for Obama.

The worst problem facing the nation is the continuing destruction of legal rights in favor of a police state.

1) The killing of American citizens without trial.
2) People held in Gitmo without trial.
3) Mass spying on innocent people.

Fix those 3 issues and it would go a long way.

I just want him to follow the constitution and nothing more

Reverse the massive transfer of government ruling power to the unaccountable regulatory agencies.

Let's face facts ....Obama was disrespected by many the minute he won in 2008.

After butchering 100,000 Iraqis, sending 5,000 GI's to an untimely death, presiding over a mega collapse of our economy ......and caught asleep despite prior warning when this country suffered the greatest attack ever ....Bush amazingly doesn't disgust ....but still walks around with many fan fare from those disgusted with Obama!! :roll:

For me ...the one thing I wanted from Obama (and any president for the matter) is to reign in the banks and insurance companies from the scams they play on the America people daily!!

I'm pretty much equally disgusted with Bush. I think Obama might be a little worse because he took the police state, anti-habeus corpus, anti-journalism to an all new level.

Start a public works program similar to what FDR did in the early 1930's and use the employees to rebuild the infra-structure. Our dams, levees, bridges, electrical grid, highways etc. have been allowed to go to hell for the last ten years. Thanks to George W. Bush and his war mongering and tax cuts for the wealthy this country is in the worst shape it's been during my lifetime. The upper 1% controls 90% of the wealth in America and they have a Republican congress which will stand in the way of or filibuster anything good for the nation and ensure that the rich will continue not to pay their fair share.

The upper 1% pretty much had that 90% wealth even before Bush. And how do tax cuts make this country so much worse off? The government didn't shrink spending to go along with the tax cuts, they increased it, so I have no idea how more money in their hands means we get screwed over.

Bush may have started the wars and he bears responsibility for that, but Obama is equally as guilty for not only not ending them, but expanding them as well.

He's a democrat and I'm a republican so I realize expecting him to embrace republican policies is as unrealistic as expecting republicans to embrace democrat policies as a condition of respect. However I do think there are some things all Americans should be able to agree on and if he did those things, I still might not be able to support all of his policies but I could begin to at least respect him as the nation's leader.

1. Try to be an example to young people and encourage them by his example that anything is possible if you work hard, do your best and make good choices.
2. Try to start being a good husband and father. Republicans shouldn't have a monopoly on family values.
3. Regardless of political perspective, all Americans should be able to agree the safety of the American people is a non-partisan issue. Do everything he can to protect Americans against those trying to kill us.
4. In an era where the country is so politically divided, he should be the bigger person and start including republicans in his cabinet.

Removed the pics for cosmetic purposes.

Look. It doesn't matter. The argument you were trying to make is that the rich don't pay their fair share when they do pay more than their fair share on income tax. It's that simple.
You want things to be fair? have a flat tax, no exemptions. Everybody, no matter how much he makes, pays the same % of income. But that's a bad tax for the poor. This way, the poor are getting off easy since they are actually getting money from the federal govt, the somewhat ok pay little to nothing, and progressively, the rich end up paying so much than the bottom so that the poor are covered. So that the poor can get money from the govt back.

A progressive tax system is not a fair tax system. A progressive tax automatically excludes the idea of a fair share because the ones at the top are going to pay more than their fair share. So automatically, the ones at the top are getting the short end of the stick since they have to carry the ones at the bottom. And that's fine.

I do agree that capital gains taxes should be increased. But this doesn't fall under income tax. It falls under capital gains tax. And in capital gains tax, again, the poor, who don't invest, don't pay their fair share because they aren't even in the loop. And the ones who do invest are paying a LOT.

LOL!!! Yeah....cosmetics

I'm hovering over my chair here in front of the PC monitor on humming birds wings while my asshole sucks a fresh lime

So I am specifically asking anti-obama, conservative, republicans people as well as disenfranchized liberals who dislike Obama and his administration.

If he could do 1 thing, pass 1 law (assuming he has the power to pass said law through Congress automatically), participate in 1 event or I don't know, do 1 thing and 1 thing, what would be it so that you could say: Hmm, maybe he's not that bad. Maybe things will be good.

And I am not looking for things like: fix the economy or deregulate everything or resign. So if you give answers like this you're not participating in the discussion, you're basically spamming. Give more aimed answers that help fertilize a discussion and a frank exchange in opinion.

I want decisive answers.
Examples:
-I would like him to repeal the patriot act
-I would like him to ban assault rifles
-I would like him to drop Obamacare
-I would like to see him play baseball and promote sports.
-I would like him to stop foreign aid
-Withdraw all the troops in foreign theaters immidiatly
-Do arms-wrestling with Putin and win (jk)
-Stop blaming Bush or apologize for blaming bush. Show that he has guts.
-close gitmo.

This thread's purpose is to allow anti-obama people to reach across the DP aisle and hopefully lead to a better discussion instead of just partisan lines. So yeah... one thing that if he does it, it will make you have faith in him.

Alternatively, if you are a pro-obama person and you wish to participate, you could name one of the things he did that pleases you greatly and why you think he's a great president.

1.Truly explain what happened at Benghazi. Explain what you were doing as the attacks went down,and be honest about it. Where was the secretary of state? Why when most countries had pulled out did the US stay?
2.Allow the Keystone pipeline and quit lying about it raising gas prices.
3.No Obamacare waivers for you,congress or staffs. Or union supporters.
4.Quit acting like you are still running for office. The campaign rally bull**** is an absolute disgrace at this point.
5.Stand up to the corrupt teachers associations. Join people like Rand Paul who support school choice and charters in DC.

My initial reaction is to say that the one thing Obama could do that would have a positive impact would be to resign.

But then I realized that him resigning wouldn't really help anything. The problems our country faces stem from attitudes of the people that have taken almost a hundred years to develop. The acceptable solutions to our problems will require that these attitudes change again...which will probably take another hundred years....if they ever can change.

So...I don't want Obama to do anything. He can just keep on being the liberal who will lie, spin and manipulate his way toward getting what he wants and toward safeguarding his legacy. Eventually, our government won't be able to sustain it's central federal control model and it will fail. When that happens, those attitudes I was talking about...well, they will change very quickly. That's the good news...the bad news: it won't be fun.

If he could do 1 thing, pass 1 law (assuming he has the power to pass said law through Congress automatically), participate in 1 event or I don't know, do 1 thing and 1 thing, what would be it so that you could say: Hmm, maybe he's not that bad. Maybe things will be good.

...Nothing?

Your question is a bit naive, tbh.

LOL!!! Yeah....cosmetics

I'm hovering over my chair here in front of the PC monitor on humming birds wings while my asshole sucks a fresh lime

Yes, cosmetic as in, you're comment is too long and I shortened it.

Everything I wrote there is true and you know it.

What can your President do that will make you have confidence in him?

1. declare that the era of interventionism is over, and that our primary mission will be nation building here at home.

2. actually do something about the patriot act, or at least refuse to sign the extensions.

3. a long term vision and mission relating to energy. oil will eventually run out, and before it does, it's going to get damned expensive and bloody. this is the time we should be preparing and planning for the inevitable.

4. travel back in time and set medicare for all as a firm goalpost, so at the very least we would now have a public option. instead, the proposal got whittled down to nothing, and the final product isn't going to work.

5. stop raiding the damned pot dispensaries as was promised.

He should resign.... but of course that won't happen. I agree with Smeagol in that he should become a better [more involved] father and husband. He could do that by taking the family back to his roots in Africa and spending the next 3 yrs there playing golf and basketball. They can play 2 on 2 on the court and have a foursome for the course.

Joe could run things for him... but I guess we'd need to find him first since he's seemed to have disappeared??

If *any* president could do just 1 thing, or sign just 1 law, and that made people forget about all the BS they have been throwing down on the people of this country, well, that one person is a moron in my book.

I don't care which party the president is, the government as a whole has been crapping on or economy and our liberties for a long time, they'd have to do a HELL OF A LOT for the views of most people to do a 180 and have confidence or trust in government.

So base on all the responses that you guys gave, there is absolutely nothing he can do for you to gain any confidence in him?

So if he

1) lower taxes
2) Got rid of regulations
4) Got rid of welfare
5) Put Obamacare to pasture
6) Became a Ted Nugent groupie

Anything he did, you guys would still tell him to go to hell.

Yep you guys are republicans....

I want him to stop throwing away all of our money hand over fist in bloated unnecessary social programs and Keynesian pipe dreams, and just generally start behaving like a rational human being who hasn't been completely and totally blinded by hackishly partisan ideological directives. :roll:

It wouldn't earn him my respect per se, but it'd definitely be a good start.

So base on all the responses that you guys gave, there is absolutely nothing he can do for you to gain any confidence in him?

So if he

1) lower taxes
4) Got rid of welfare

He chose to run for POTUS, then declared he wanted to fundamentally change the very country he wanted to lead.

There isn't a whole to respect in that.

So base on all the responses that you guys
gave, there is absolutely nothing he can do for you to gain any confidence in him?

So if he

1) lower taxes
4) Got rid of welfare

Your'e assertions are hypothetical.

He would have to do all of that to some degree, ( get rid of welfare ? Is that what we Conservatives want ? And Nugent ? Please. ) and he would have to disavow his destructive and goofy left wing ideologies.

But thats not going to happen.

Yes, cosmetic as in, you're comment is too long and I shortened it.

Everything I wrote there is true and you know it.

Why don't you modify your program to reject it? That's how I used to do it. Would you like for me to code it for you?

How many Iraqi's were "butchered" by Saddam?
I didnt agree with the Iraq war, but not surprised we went. We should have won, and left.
Acting on "prior warning" and we would be having the same conversation we have today. Too much government intrusion in our lives.
And Obama, voted for the same bail out that was worse than the collapse.

Let me point out something to you and all conservatives. And that is ...your constant insistent to use the ...."they do it too" ...argument ..when it make no sense. Trust me all it does is make you people on the right look stupid.

For example ...when talking about the "N" word ..the constant wailing from the right is always ....they use it toooooo!!
When Travon Martin was murdered ....the right constant howling was ...blacks kill each other toooooo!!
When O-Jay simpson was on trial ....did you hear blacks howling ...white people kill white people ...tooooo?? :roll:

And in the case of Travon Martin ....because blacks kill other blacks ....errr ....you too need need to ...kill-people blacks yourself??? What logic!!

In this case .....OK Saddam kill Iraqis ...toooo...that's your argument.

Tell us ...how many of those people did Bush bring back to life by invading Iraq?

And if you claim Bush saved further bloodshed ....show us the impending plans Saddam had to slaughter another 100,000 Iraqis!!!

So..again here's why you look stupid making this argument .......you're contention actually is ...because Saddam killed his people back in the 80's ...Bush was somehow justified to .....KILL ANOTHER 100,000.. himself???

That makes perfect sense ...:lamo

If I was a Christian ...I would pray to God almighty everyday ....to never make me spend one second .....thinking like you!!

Let me point out something to you and all conservatives. And that is ...your constant insistent to use the ...."they do it too" ...argument ..when it make no sense. Trust me all it does is make you people on the right look stupid.

For example ...when talking about the "N" word ..the constant wailing from the right is always ....they use it toooooo!!
When Travon Martin was murdered ....the right constant howling was ...blacks kill each other toooooo!!
When O-Jay simpson was on trial ....did you hear blacks howling ...white people kill white people ...tooooo?? :roll:

And in the case of Travon Martin ....because blacks kill other blacks ....errr ....you too need need to ...kill-people blacks yourself??? What logic!!

Tell us ...how many of those people did Bush bring back to life by invading Iraq?

And if you claim Bush saved further bloodshed ....show us the impending plans Saddam had to slaughter another 100,000 Iraqis!!!

So..again here's why you look stupid making this argument .......you're contention actually is ...because Saddam killed his people back in the 80's ...Bush was somehow justified to .....KILL ANOTHER 100,000.. himself???

If I was a Christian ...I would pray to God almighty everyday ....to never make me spend one second .....thinking like you!!
I have no idea why you aimed that drivel at me, but you are way way of base.

Bush about as funny as a turd in the punch bowl:

Bush laughs at no WMD in Iraq - YouTube

I have no idea why you aimed that drivel at me, but you are way way of base.

Saddam kill other Iraqis...tooooooo....and so Bush had to slaughter another 100,000 for that.......and I have a pair of blue socks!!

You people need to stop watching faux, or listen to Rush Limbuagh...and learn to....THINK FOR YOUR SELVES!!

Back
Top Bottom