• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What can your President do that will make you have confidence in him?

Reasonable proposals? Proposals that would meet him somewhere in the middle? No, for the most part, they have not.

Then you should quit watching MSNBC. There were loads of proposals from jobs bills to healthcare bills. Not all of them good ideas, but to say they didn't at least put out something is to be dishonest.

Then you should quit watching MSNBC. There were loads of proposals from jobs bills to healthcare bills. Not all of them good ideas, but to say they didn't at least put out something is to be dishonest.

And you should quit willfully lying and labeling yourself an "Independent". You are no such beast, so you will have to forgive me if I put little stock in your thinly-veiled extreme right wing "observations".

Reasonable proposals? Proposals that would meet him somewhere in the middle? No, for the most part, they have not.

Shucks......I hope they hold onto that dream while the president enacts the dream act and see what it gets them in the next election. Republican folks just don't get it. They listen to the Fox News echo chamber and think the rest of the nation goes along with it...................THEY ARE WRONG!

And you should quit willfully lying and labeling yourself an "Independent". You are no such beast, so you will have to forgive me if I put little stock in your thinly-veiled extreme right wing "observations".

You get angry when you get called out. You should learn to control that, it leads to really incorrect and dumb assumptions on your part.

Saddam kill other Iraqis...tooooooo....and so Bush had
to slaughter another 100,000 for that.......and I have a pair of blue socks!!

You people need to stop watching faux, or listen to Rush Limbuagh...and learn to....THINK FOR YOUR SELVES!!

You first, just saying because you have yet to display anything but left wing talking points.

Maybe you think " thinking for yourself " means something else entirely.

Because it DOESN'T mean repeating left wing false narraitives over and over and over.

He could politely announce his resignation effective immediately.

So I am specifically asking anti-obama, conservative, republicans people as well as disenfranchized liberals who dislike Obama and his administration.

If he could do 1 thing, pass 1 law (assuming he has the power to pass said law through Congress automatically), participate in 1 event or I don't know, do 1 thing and 1 thing, what would be it so that you could say: Hmm, maybe he's not that bad. Maybe things will be good.

And I am not looking for things like: fix the economy or deregulate everything or resign. So if you give answers like this you're not participating in the discussion, you're basically spamming. Give more aimed answers that help fertilize a discussion and a frank exchange in opinion.

I want decisive answers.
Examples:
-I would like him to repeal the patriot act
-I would like him to ban assault rifles
-I would like him to drop Obamacare
-I would like to see him play baseball and promote sports.
-I would like him to stop foreign aid
-Withdraw all the troops in foreign theaters immidiatly
-Do arms-wrestling with Putin and win (jk)
-Stop blaming Bush or apologize for blaming bush. Show that he has guts.
-close gitmo.

This thread's purpose is to allow anti-obama people to reach across the DP aisle and hopefully lead to a better discussion instead of just partisan lines. So yeah... one thing that if he does it, it will make you have faith in him.

Alternatively, if you are a pro-obama person and you wish to participate, you could name one of the things he did that pleases you greatly and why you think he's a great president.

If he could figure out how to repatriate overseas manufacturing jobs to the US at high salaries, he'd be a rock star but I don't thing any president could do that. It's not exactly easy to compete with pennies on the pennies on the dollar labor. At home its not easy to compete with automation and robotics. Lower corporate taxes doesn't make a dent in it, which along with criticisms is seeming the GOP answer. I think the one thing that could have helped the American public transition economically to a stockholder based income stream based economy was Goerge W Bush's private invested accounts initiative but lefty partisanship brought that to a stretching halt.

So I am specifically asking anti-obama, conservative, republicans people as well as disenfranchized liberals who dislike Obama and his administration.

I do not really fit that description. But I really don't think that he or his administration could do any one thing to make me totally happy with him. He is much better, as a matter of fact, than anyone should have expected. He had very little experience. But it can be argued that he has done a lot of damage.

Also, he reminds me too much of the Kennedys.

He's a democrat and I'm a republican so I realize expecting him to embrace republican policies is as unrealistic as expecting republicans to embrace democrat policies as a condition of respect. However I do think there are some things all Americans should be able to agree on and if he did those things, I still might not be able to support all of his policies but I could begin to at least respect him as the nation's leader.

1. Try to be an example to young people and encourage them by his example that anything is possible if you work hard, do your best and make good choices.
2. Try to start being a good husband and father. Republicans shouldn't have a monopoly on family values.
3. Regardless of political perspective, all Americans should be able to agree the safety of the American people is a non-partisan issue. Do everything he can to protect Americans against those trying to kill us.
4. In an era where the country is so politically divided, he should be the bigger person and start including republicans in his cabinet.

How is he NOT a good husband and father.

There is no "middle" with this President. He has to show them a middle instead of just saying the same hard line stuff again and again.

LBJ got more done for the progressive agenda than any President, but the Republicans got plenty of what they wanted on his watch, too.

Wow. I didn't think I would get called out for saying I would take a bullet for the President of the United States. I guess I figured my compatriots were above partisanship when it came to the safety of POTUS.

Anyway… it would be the honorable thing to do. The same as sacrificing oneself to protect an ordinary citizen, a child, a woman in distress.

I notice you were in Marines. Don't know if you were in combat but if so, then you know what it's like to actually have your life on the line.... and look death in the face. My point is that it's one thing to feel like you would die to save another verses being truly faced with the situation and acting on it. I'm fairly certain I would die for my kids/grandkids and risk my life for others... especially a child and family/friends whom I care about.

OMT... if you're willing to take a bullet for Obama, then all you need to do is go back into USMC and volunteer for service in Helmand province of Afghanistan. You'd probably get a good chance to back up your claim there.

Unless your past the age limit??

Why? He is a man just like you or me. An important POSITION, but not important in and of himself. The position can be filled by any number of other idiots, it wouldn't make a difference.

I disagree. He is POTUS, the Chief Executive of our country. The office he holds transcends him.

I think you're all asking too much from what he can do.
However, he is the president of US (de juro - highest global rank), de facto he can't do that much.

In the terms of power, he is one man against a whole system which is very independent from him and much more powerful.

He could level with the public and tell the truth once in a while.

I'm no fan of our current President by any means, but to be fair they need to reach out to him as well. The charges by many that the Reps are purposely being obstructionist are not unfounded.

As Randolph Churchill famously observed, "The duty of the Opposition is to oppose."

I disagree. He is POTUS, the Chief Executive of our country. The office he holds transcends him.

The office does, the person in it does not. They are mere mortal men (and some day mortal women). It blows my mind that people actually worship these elected people as if they are more than human, more special than anyone else.

As Randolph Churchill famously observed, "The duty of the Opposition is to oppose."

I don't disagree, but to what purpose? There's opposing because you have an honest and deeply felt difference of opinion. Then there's opposing by simply being difficult for the sake of being difficult and/or motivated by your own personal gain.

There is some of the former, of course. That's why there are political parties to begin with, people do have differing views. That's fine and actually perfectly reasonable. Lately, it has crept to be too much of the latter.

Back
Top Bottom