• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What can your President do that will make you have confidence in him?

Let's face facts ....Obama was disrespected by many the minute he won in 2008.

After butchering 100,000 Iraqis, sending 5,000 GI's to an untimely death, presiding over a mega collapse of our economy ......and caught asleep despite prior warning when this country suffered the greatest attack ever ....Bush amazingly doesn't disgust ....but still walks around with many fan fare from those disgusted with Obama!! :roll:

For me ...the one thing I wanted from Obama (and any president for the matter) is to reign in the banks and insurance companies from the scams they play on the America people daily!!
How in the world did you manage to make this thread about Bush? lol

Grow a backbone then drop any sort of unoffensive language.

I would like to see him actually work on identifying issues that our country IS having - put partisan politics aside (all of it, not just the stop blaming Bush part) - and actually try to address our issues by applying thought without the cloud of political bias.

Of course- that'll be the day hell freezes over.

A non-partisan President? How in Hell would he ever get elected?

(I like your idea, but.....)

How in the world did you manage to make this thread about Bush? lol

Simple .....one must never fail to point out the worst president America has ever seen...and for good reason....we need to have the proper perspective.

See.... you people were again trying to out do yourselves....you people thought Sarah Palin is presidential ...LOL!!:2wave:

BTW...you failed to see I did weigh in on the essential topic.

Saddam kill other Iraqis...tooooooo....and so Bush had to slaughter another 100,000 for that.......and I have a pair of blue socks!!

You people need to stop watching faux, or listen to Rush Limbuagh...and learn to....THINK FOR YOUR SELVES!!

I dont agree with our going into Iraq. But anyone who was going to vote for Bush in 00 had to figure he was going to given the chance.

So I am specifically asking anti-obama, conservative, republicans people as well as disenfranchized liberals who dislike Obama and his administration.

If he could do 1 thing, pass 1 law (assuming he has the power to pass said law through Congress automatically), participate in 1 event or I don't know, do 1 thing and 1 thing, what would be it so that you could say: Hmm, maybe he's not that bad. Maybe things will be good.

And I am not looking for things like: fix the economy or deregulate everything or resign. So if you give answers like this you're not participating in the discussion, you're basically spamming. Give more aimed answers that help fertilize a discussion and a frank exchange in opinion.

I want decisive answers.
Examples:
-I would like him to repeal the patriot act
-I would like him to ban assault rifles
-I would like him to drop Obamacare
-I would like to see him play baseball and promote sports. - ???
-I would like him to stop foreign aid - no. Just be more thoughtful about who gets what.
-Withdraw all the troops in foreign theaters immediately - no. Just withdraw where we are only hurting ourselves or are not needed.
-Do arms-wrestling with Putin and win (jk) - no. Accept that Putin is just as important as he is and stop being such a spoiled brat about Snowden.
-Stop blaming Bush or apologize for blaming bush. Show that he has guts. - Everything is Bush's fault. OK, maybe not. But after 4 years it's getting a bit weak.
-close gitmo. - No. That's the NIMBY's fault, not Obamas.

This thread's purpose is to allow anti-obama people to reach across the DP aisle and hopefully lead to a better discussion instead of just partisan lines. So yeah... one thing that if he does it, it will make you have faith in him.

Alternatively, if you are a pro-obama person and you wish to participate, you could name one of the things he did that pleases you greatly and why you think he's a great president.

The thing that most pleased me was the ending of DADT and the overall progress toward gay equality.

Now....
-I would like him to repeal the patriot act - yes
-I would like him to ban assault rifles - no. Stop doing this. There are 300 million guns already.
-I would like him to drop Obamacare - no, rewrite it in 50 pages or less, remove all the political favors. Forget it. Just start over.
-I would like him to stop foreign aid - no. Just be more thoughtful about who gets what.
-Withdraw all the troops in foreign theaters immediately - no. Just withdraw where we are only hurting ourselves or are not needed.
-Do arms-wrestling with Putin and win (jk) - no. Accept that Putin is just as important as he is and stop being such a spoiled brat about Snowden.
-Stop blaming Bush or apologize for blaming bush. Show that he has guts. - Everything is Bush's fault. OK, maybe not. But after 4 years it's getting a bit weak.

I'm not an American but I am conservative and if I had a say, the one thing I'd like this President to do is just shut up and do some work behind the scenes and never open his mouth again until he's actually accomplished something. I can't be the only person who's incredibly sick of hearing this blow-hard speak.

Politicians don't accomplish anything with their mouths shut. They have to show leadership to make accomplishments, and showing leadership requires communications.

It's not the president who need to change but the system itself.
Who ever come the president the US does not change at all. Including their foreign and internal politics.
You need a picture with a length of 20-30 years to see a real change.

Since Clinton to Obama the US seems to be on the same track to me.

They keep making electoral promises about healthcare over and over and nothing change.
They keep promising for peace and no war and and after they come up they use their own soldiers on the chess game they do on earth's map.
Every time there are 2nd elections for the president to come, a war will begun somewhere in the middle east, africa.

Imo the president of US is powered only for the TV rather than making and implementing his own ides for his people.
The only one who did different by actions was Kennedy and he got that end.

Nothing short of acknowledging that as President he's been acting as a Leftist Community Organizer and he realizes now that he's been bad for our Country and, for starters, will show his sincerity by agreeing to repeal Obamacare and fire Holder & Sebelius.
Is that clear enough?

Nothing short of acknowledging that as President he's been acting as a Leftist Community Organizer and he realizes now that he's been bad for our Country and, for starters, will show his sincerity by agreeing to repeal Obamacare and fire Holder & Sebelius.
Is that clear enough?

:shock: Don't hold your breath waiting! :lamo

Good evening, Bubba. :2wave:

I have two minds on Obama. He's made me happy, and unhappy at times. I would really love it if he crusaded against corruption in politics. Tried to get big money out politics. Tried to overturn citizens united? I just want a voice for me, and the common american.

He chose to run for POTUS, then declared he wanted to fundamentally change the very country he wanted to lead.

There isn't a whole to respect in that.

Funny I thought he said he wanted to change Washington as far as the politics are concern. When did he say he wanted to change the country.

Politicians don't accomplish anything with their mouths shut. They have to show leadership to make accomplishments, and showing leadership requires communications.

Exactly and more backbone he shows while doing so will get more things done.

Your'e assertions are hypothetical.

He would have to do all of that to some degree, ( get rid of welfare ? Is that what we Conservatives want ? And Nugent ? Please. ) and he would have to disavow his destructive and goofy left wing ideologies.

But thats not going to happen.

Your'e assertions are hypothetical.

Well maybe because this is a hypothetical topic

get rid of welfare ? Is that what we Conservatives want ?

Okay I have to be fair. They still want corporate welfare.

he would have to disavow his destructive and goofy left wing ideologies.

Please name some that has been destructive to the country and give me some facts.

1) Fix our economy
2) Get the debt under control
3) Fix unemployment
4) Stop the anti-gun measures
5) Repeal any act, bill or law that is infringing on our rights
6) Turn over all information related to 9/11 and Benghazi
7) Be transparent
8) Take care of the disadvantaged and needy in the U.S.
9) Reform the education system
10) Stop spying on Americans

The thing that most pleased me was the ending of DADT and the overall progress toward gay equality.

Now....
-I would like him to repeal the patriot act - yes
-I would like him to ban assault rifles - no. Stop doing this. There are 300 million guns already.
-I would like him to drop Obamacare - no, rewrite it in 50 pages or less, remove all the political favors. Forget it. Just start over.

Those were examples of the things this discussion is aimed at. Not the de facto talking points.

If that were even remotely true, President Obama who travels the country giving speeches virtually every day, bleating out the same nonsense every day, appearing on talk shows and television virtually every day, would be the most successful, most accomplished, most influential President in American history instead of the total dolt he is.

Communication is important - actually having something important to say is far more important.

A non-partisan President? How in Hell would he ever get elected?

(I like your idea, but.....)

It's called a third party. The last time one amounted to much was when H. Ross Perot told Bush41 and Bill Clinton about the "giant sucking sound" which would be jobs leaving America if NAFTA was signed. It's also worth a mention that since then...over 20 years has passed and no other third party representative has taken part in the presidential debates.

1) Fix our economy
2) Get the debt under control
3) Fix unemployment
4) Stop the anti-gun measures
5) Repeal any act, bill or law that is infringing on our rights
6) Turn over all information related to 9/11 and Benghazi
7) Be transparent
8) Take care of the disadvantaged and needy in the U.S.
9) Reform the education system
10) Stop spying on Americans

you didn't really read the opening commment now did you.

It's called a third party. The last time one amounted to much was when H. Ross Perot told Bush41 and Bill Clinton about the "giant sucking sound" which would be jobs leaving America if NAFTA was signed. It's also worth a mention that since then...over 20 years has passed and no other third party representative has taken part in the presidential debates.

I completely support the idea of a 3rd party. Unfortunately, it seems that the stranglehold on power that the 2 big ones have is insurmountable.

So I am specifically asking anti-obama, conservative, republicans people as well as disenfranchized liberals who dislike Obama and his administration.

If he could do 1 thing, pass 1 law (assuming he has the power to pass said law through Congress automatically), participate in 1 event or I don't know, do 1 thing and 1 thing, what would be it so that you could say: Hmm, maybe he's not that bad. Maybe things will be good.

And I am not looking for things like: fix the economy or deregulate everything or resign. So if you give answers like this you're not participating in the discussion, you're basically spamming. Give more aimed answers that help fertilize a discussion and a frank exchange in opinion.

I want decisive answers.
Examples:
-I would like him to repeal the patriot act
-I would like him to ban assault rifles
-I would like him to drop Obamacare
-I would like to see him play baseball and promote sports.
-I would like him to stop foreign aid
-Withdraw all the troops in foreign theaters immidiatly
-Do arms-wrestling with Putin and win (jk)
-Stop blaming Bush or apologize for blaming bush. Show that he has guts.
-close gitmo.

This thread's purpose is to allow anti-obama people to reach across the DP aisle and hopefully lead to a better discussion instead of just partisan lines. So yeah... one thing that if he does it, it will make you have faith in him.

Alternatively, if you are a pro-obama person and you wish to participate, you could name one of the things he did that pleases you greatly and why you think he's a great president.

He cannot regain my trust. He has proven himself to be untrustworthy, a snake and a flat out liar. He has proven himself to be incompetent, disconnected, elitist, and rude. He is a mockary to this country and an embarrassment. He should learn to actually govern rather than stay out on the campaign trail blaming everyone but himself for the problems of the country.

Back
Top Bottom