• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Are The Chances Of An Uncontested Election?

What Are The Chances Of An Uncontested Election?

• Total voters
I wasn't talking about post election violence, I was talking about how Trump plans to disrupt and undermine the election itself.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, it is the left claiming the election won't be fair without offering up any proof and then Hillary tells Biden not to accept the results of the election. And, it is the left claiming the there will be Trump/Post office collusion to undermine the election while encouraging everyone to vote by mail. Isn't that rather stupid?

I do not expect this election to be close enough for such things to matter. Down ballot issues are more significant.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, it is the left claiming the election won't be fair without offering up any proof and then Hillary tells Biden not to accept the results of the election. And, it is the left claiming the there will be Trump/Post office collusion to undermine the election while encouraging everyone to vote by mail. Isn't that rather stupid?
It's politics. of course it's stupid.

Where were you in 2000?

Can your posts get any worse?

Bush v. Gore - Wikipedia

I was in the Persian Gulf. I actually missed a lot of that fight. We sorta knew it was going on, but we also had the Cole happen, and I was trying to get qualifications done. I think we learned who the President would be about the time we got home.

The President of the United States has already gone on record stating numerous times he won't accept the results of the election if they say he'll lose. You can play the "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" game as long as you like, it's just as stupid as your argument that Trump isn't openly broadcasting his intent to dispute the election results.

>What Are The Chances Of An Uncontested Election?

Between slim and none

If by some miracle Trump wins re-election, it will be another nail in the coffin of the Electoral College. He will lose the popular vote by millions more then he did in 2016. At some point, the majority of Americans will lose faith in our government and demand radical changes. If the leaders fail to do so, all bets are off on the American experiment. I for one have no desire to live in a nation where the minority has so much power over the majority. Our children will not tolerate it and once they assume power, expect democracy to emerge out of the detritus of the republic.
"Democracy"? You mean like having the Liberal urban shitholes dictate the agenda for the entire country? Mob rule is what will happen if the Electoral College is gone. Sorry, but America, thank God, will never be a direct democracy,

The President of the United States has already gone on record stating numerous times he won't accept the results of the election if they say he'll lose. You can play the "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" game as long as you like, it's just as stupid as your argument that Trump isn't openly broadcasting his intent to dispute the election results.
Ummmmmmmmm, the left have not accepted the 2016 election results after four years, are already laying the groundwork for not accepting the 2020 election results, and Hillary has told Biden not to concede the election. And, amazing as it seems, the left have been screaming post office collusion while at the very same time encouraging their people to vote by mail. Life doesn't get any funnier than that.

Ummmmmmmmm, the left have not accepted the 2016 election results after four years, are already laying the groundwork for not accepting the 2020 election results, and Hillary has told Biden not to concede the election. And, amazing as it seems, the left have been screaming post office collusion while at the very same time encouraging their people to vote by mail. Life doesn't get any funnier than that.

"Post office collusion" isn't what is being screamed; it's been pointed out that the new head of the Postal service is a Trump supporter and backer and conveniently when he takes control is when the Postal Service starts losing a bunch of funding and suddenly won't be able to support the expected volume of mailed in ballots. The President's false accusations about voter fraud through mail in voting is just another example of the GOP attempting to undermine the chance of the President being voted out of office.

"Post office collusion" isn't what is being screamed; it's been pointed out that the new head of the Postal service is a Trump supporter and backer and conveniently when he takes control is when the Postal Service starts losing a bunch of funding and suddenly won't be able to support the expected volume of mailed in ballots. The President's false accusations about voter fraud through mail in voting is just another example of the GOP attempting to undermine the chance of the President being voted out of office.
If you guys really believed in Post Office collusion you wouldn't be going out of your way to encourage lefties to vote by mail. It's just your insurance policy in case you lose, where you can scream for four years "Post Office Collusion". If you really believe in it then tell everyone to vote in person. Remember, masks work! If you can go to the grocery store and protest en masse then you can go vote in person.

"Democracy"? You mean like having the Liberal urban shitholes dictate the agenda for the entire country? Mob rule is what will happen if the Electoral College is gone. Sorry, but America, thank God, will never be a direct democracy,

Let me translate this for you. I think I am more important and vital to America then other people so I want more power.

The idea that urban areas are terrible places is hilarious. Just remember this the next time you feel compelled to rage post this kind of drivel, urban America is where the money is at and sooner or later that money and power will be fed up catering to the rural minority. When that happens, don't expect sympathy.

If you guys really believed in Post Office collusion you wouldn't be going out of your way to encourage lefties to vote by mail.

Believe what? That Trump's crony is trying to undermine mail in voting? There's no point in denying it, they've blatantly stated that's their intentions.

Trump will lose by a big enough margin that McConnell will tell him to quietly go away.
It would have to be quite the margin of victory for McConnell to stand up to Trump.

Believe what? That Trump's crony is trying to undermine mail in voting? There's no point in denying it, they've blatantly stated that's their intentions.
Ah, but you must remember the 3 D's of the Trumpeteer: Deflection, Deception, Denial. They'll employ denial tactics as much as possible to push their propaganda narrative and ignore reality.

Trump will lose by a big enough margin that McConnell will tell him to quietly go away.
I think this or the other way around is our only chance. We need to go to bed 3-Nov with a clear overwhelming winner.

Everyone should know that unless Trump is a clear winner by a large margin, he will contest, protest, cry 'foul', say it's all 'rigged' and basically create as much discord, armed protests and chaos as he possibly can. The FBI is well aware of this, that's precisely the reason they came out yesterday and published a public warning to everyone to expect this.

Democrats and the general population will not tolerate this from the GOP. Democrats will heed the wisdom of poet Dylan Thomas; "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

We have a presidential election. Voters vote. A winner and a loser are determined. The Loser gives a concession speech. Nothing goes to the courts.

I think Joe's 9 point lead in the polls only grows until Nov, with no more stimulus in sight. 'It's the economy, stupid' all over again.

Oh boy the National Review. That sure is the bastion of journalistic credentials.

Anywho, Trump has already outlined how he intends to contest the election. Only an unlikely Biden landslide would stop it.
Did you read the article and check the sources used? The numbers come from a study published in the NYT. If you don't like that as a source either, what would be an accepted source of information for you even if it conflicts with your opinion?

Let me translate this for you. I think I am more important and vital to America then other people so I want more power.

The idea that urban areas are terrible places is hilarious. Just remember this the next time you feel compelled to rage post this kind of drivel, urban America is where the money is at and sooner or later that money and power will be fed up catering to the rural minority. When that happens, don't expect sympathy.
They are terrible, and extremely costly places to live. With rampant crime and urban decay prominent. Plus with the Dumbocrat party in total control for DECADES, it's little wonder why REAL Americans are leaving the urban shitholes in droves.

I say 33% because Biden is nice/principled/stupid enough to not contest should he lose.

But if you really believe that that is happening you wouldn't be encouraging lefties to vote by mail. It doesn't make sense.

I think Joe's 9 point lead in the polls only grows until Nov, with no more stimulus in sight. 'It's the economy, stupid' all over again.
Actually, the economy has been getting better even without further stimulus, and the polls are getting narrower.

But if you really believe that that is happening you wouldn't be encouraging lefties to vote by mail. It doesn't make sense.
People in states with high infection rates are encouraged to avoid being infected, not for any other reason..

Actually, the economy has been getting better even without further stimulus, and the polls are getting narrower.

Each side's extremists make up facts as they suit them. The economy is a major suckfest for non-investors, and the polls are narrowing in red states.

New polls out Tuesday show Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and Senate Democrats neck and neck with Republicans in red states—a good sign for Democrats as they look to expand the map in 2020.

We have a presidential election. Voters vote. A winner and a loser are determined. The Loser gives a concession speech. Nothing goes to the courts.

It depends if provable fraud tips a state that decides the election. The E.C., besides existing to drive TDS’ers crazy, also makes fraud more difficult. A non swing state like California could go 100% Biden, or Bernie write-in’s for that matter and it won’t mean a thing.

Personally, I think Trump would accept it and step aside. Lets not forget 2016, when The democrats were all about Trump accepting his inevitable defeat. It’s not an outlier. It is what democrats do. Fight, challenge, cheat, stall.

They are terrible, and extremely costly places to live. With rampant crime and urban decay prominent. Plus with the Dumbocrat party in total control for DECADES, it's little wonder why REAL Americans are leaving the urban shitholes in droves.

No they are not leaving in droves, where in the world do you get this stuff? I have been working in rural America since 2003 with broadband providers and telephone companies. I know the demographics down cold because every one of them tells me if they are growing or not. I sell the last mile equipment to all of them and believe me, rural America is not growing, its shrinking.

Back
Top Bottom