• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Are The Chances Of An Uncontested Election?

What Are The Chances Of An Uncontested Election?

• Total voters
That's what Trump has been trying to tell us. And, in 2016 we had over 300,000 disqualified mail in ballots. If this year three times as many voters vote by mail, we could have over one million disqualified votes.

No, that's not what Trump has been trying to tell us. I was talking about how long it would take to learn who won. He's afraid of fraud. Those 300,000 disqualified ballots should reassure him, though. It means they are very cautious about those mail in ballots.

Unless it's some complete blow out, which is unlikely, regardless of who wins, this will probably end up in the courts.

Voted 33%. My reasoning is exactly like yours.

Joey

Then you did a poor job of stating that. That's not what was implied in your post.

Amazing all this talk of the democrats cheating but there is no precedent for that. Furthermore if anyone is fomenting talk about not accepting the election results it's our dear president. He did it last time too, until he won.

Yep, completely true. And it took 10 posts for someone to bring this up...

Joey

Republicans will first need a majority. That ain't going to happen.

I hope you're right. I agree it seems unlikely, but it is hard to deny the possibility after 2016, I am afraid. So until than, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It would be very naïve to not prepare for the worst simply because, no matter how sure you are, you can not be 100% sure. Maybe 99, but not 100. So prepare!

Joey

Last edited:
No, that's not what Trump has been trying to tell us. I was talking about how long it would take to learn who won. He's afraid of fraud. Those 300,000 disqualified ballots should reassure him, though. It means they are very cautious about those mail in ballots.

Trump has said it would take forever to find out who won. You agree with him. I said in 2016 there were over 300,000 disqualified ballots. If we have three times as many voters vote by mail in 2020 that translates into over one million disqualified ballots. Don't you want their votes to count?

Trump has said it would take forever to find out who won. You agree with him. I said in 2016 there were over 300,000 disqualified ballots. If we have three times as many voters vote by mail in 2020 that translates into over one million disqualified ballots. Don't you want their votes to count?

Signatures have to match and they need to fill out the ballot correctly so the clerk is certain who they're voting for. I imagine there are other safeguards, as well. It would be great if everyone could follow directions, but no, I'm not upset if hinky ballots aren't counted. It is to make sure no one is pulling a fast one.

There are many people who are unable to physically go to their polling place, and they still should have the right to vote. This mail-in concern is just more Trump bull**** to excuse him losing. He's too big a narcissist to sit back quietly while the polls have consistently shown that he is not the most popular President ever.

Signatures have to match and they need to fill out the ballot correctly so the clerk is certain who they're voting for. I imagine there are other safeguards, as well. It would be great if everyone could follow directions, but no, I'm not upset if hinky ballots aren't counted. It is to make sure no one is pulling a fast one.

There are many people who are unable to physically go to their polling place, and they still should have the right to vote. This mail-in concern is just more Trump bull**** to excuse him losing. He's too big a narcissist to sit back quietly while the polls have consistently shown that he is not the most popular President ever.

People's signatures change over the years and might not match the registration signature on file from many years ago, particularly women who may use various name combinations due to marriage. I went somewhere once many years ago to cash a traveler's check and had trouble because my signature did not match my presigned signature. They made me sign it several times and every signature was different. That is one of the main reasons mail in ballots are disqualified. As I said, it is very possible that over one million ballots could be disqualified in 2020. You seem to poo poo disqualified ballots that were not filled out properly and could seem to care less if they are from the elderly, who would have more trouble filling out the ballots correctly.

People don't even usually know that their ballots are disqualified, even after the fact. In fact, due to signature differences, you could get your ballot disqualified many elections over without even knowing there was a problem. Your vote may never count. I'm thinking about voting in person just to make sure my vote counts. If I can wear a mask to the grocery store week after week after week I can wear a mask to the polling location. It seems that if there could be over one million mail in ballots disqualified that that would bother the left but it doesn't seem to. Trump is more interested in people's votes being counted than Democrats are.

Trump will whine about the election, but I doubt he’s going to take any action after losing.

If he loses by less than a tsunami, Trump will contest.

The RNC has employed ~600 lawyers across the country already anticipating this scenario.

"You're joking, right?"

There is NO way in H*ll that the Dems will accept a Trump victory.

For the last four years, the Dems have been throwing everything at the wall in the hope that something will stick. (The latest is that he assaulted a lady in 1997.)

They simply would go bananas if they were to lose this election.

They will NOT accept the results if Trump wins. They will blame the vote-by-mail system (that they advocated).

I am terrified of what may happen on November 3 (besides the looting).

"You're joking, right?"

There is NO way in H*ll that the Dems will accept a Trump victory.

For the last four years, the Dems have been throwing everything at the wall in the hope that something will stick. (The latest is that he assaulted a lady in 1997.)

They simply would go bananas if they were to lose this election.

They will NOT accept the results if Trump wins. They will blame the vote-by-mail system (that they advocated).

I am terrified of what may happen on November 3 (besides the looting).

To be fair though, if Trump loses, there will be a small segment of the country who will also go bananas.

To be fair though, if Trump loses, there will be a small segment of the country who will also go bananas.

"small segment"

lol

Trump has already outlined what he plans to do. It's entirely possibly he will come out on top at first on Election Day, since Trump voters are more likely to vote in person than Biden voters, who are more likely to vote by mail. Trump will declare himself the winner and insist Biden concedes, who will reply in turn to say to wait for the mail in ballots to be counted.

As the ballots are counted and Trump's lead diminishes, Trump will start tweeting a hellstorm and start dropping accusations of voter fraud, retweeting faked images and videos allegedly showing Democratic votes being counted wrongly. He'll whip his voter base into a frenzy, who will try to stop election comittees from counting absentee ballots. This will be especially likely in places like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

"small segment"

lol

Trump has already outlined what he plans to do. It's entirely possibly he will come out on top at first on Election Day, since Trump voters are more likely to vote in person than Biden voters, who are more likely to vote by mail. Trump will declare himself the winner and insist Biden concedes, who will reply in turn to say to wait for the mail in ballots to be counted.

As the ballots are counted and Trump's lead diminishes, Trump will start tweeting a hellstorm and start dropping accusations of voter fraud, retweeting faked images and videos allegedly showing Democratic votes being counted wrongly. He'll whip his voter base into a frenzy, who will try to stop election comittees from counting absentee ballots. This will be especially likely in places like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

You should worry about yourselves:

“42 percent of the people in each party view the opposition as ‘downright evil.’” A stunning 20 percent of Democrats and 16 percent of Republicans believe “we’d be better off as a country if large numbers of the opposing party in the public today just died.” And if the opposing party wins the 2020 election, 18 percent of Democrats and 13 percent of Republicans “feel violence would be justified.”

It would have to be a slam dunk on the 3rd.

Republican poll watchers will contest every single absentee ballot in every swing state (that's not melodrama -- that's really a thing), and it will eventually go to the courts in nearly every instance.

The only way a much larger fight is avoided is if Florida comes in for Biden on election night. The months of November and December are going to suuuuuuck.

That said, I voted 67% because it's the poll option that's closest to 60%, the likelihood Nate Silver gives for Florida going to Biden.

2020 Election Forecast | FiveThirtyEight
I am debating being a poll watcher. I live in a red state. It’s going to go for Trump. I have never done it before, and I am concerned about COVID because if my health issues. I can’t decide

You should worry about yourselves:

Oh boy the National Review. That sure is the bastion of journalistic credentials.

Anywho, Trump has already outlined how he intends to contest the election. Only an unlikely Biden landslide would stop it.

If by some miracle Trump wins re-election, it will be another nail in the coffin of the Electoral College. He will lose the popular vote by millions more then he did in 2016. At some point, the majority of Americans will lose faith in our government and demand radical changes. If the leaders fail to do so, all bets are off on the American experiment. I for one have no desire to live in a nation where the minority has so much power over the majority. Our children will not tolerate it and once they assume power, expect democracy to emerge out of the detritus of the republic.

I am debating being a poll watcher. I live in a red state. It’s going to go for Trump. I have never done it before, and I am concerned about COVID because if my health issues. I can’t decide

If you have health issues and you live in a state that has absolutely no chance of going blue, then I wouldn't chance it. Perhaps you have a friend or relative who's healthier you could convince to be a poll watcher?

Oh boy the National Review. That sure is the bastion of journalistic credentials.

Anywho, Trump has already outlined how he intends to contest the election. Only an unlikely Biden landslide would stop it.
Ummmmmmmmmmm, NO. The study was not done by the National Review.

The study wasn't what I was contesting but okay.
Ummmmmmmmm, the study is the study. So, you do agree with the study that if the other party wins the election, there is a bigger chance of violence from the left than from the right?

Ummmmmmmmm, the study is the study. So, you do agree with the study that if the other party wins the election, there is a bigger chance of violence from the left than from the right?

I wasn't talking about post election violence, I was talking about how Trump plans to disrupt and undermine the election itself.

Trump will lose by a big enough margin that McConnell will tell him to quietly go away.

Back
Top Bottom