• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well this sucks

[h=1]Study says e-cigarettes may contain carcinogens similar to regular cigarettes[/h]
  • Dislike

Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News August 27, 2013

Well, It's been awhile since my famioly and friends said you need to stop smoking cigarettes and try those E-CIGARETTES.

I quit smoking regular cigarettes on july 28th my cousin said if I could do it she could do it and started with these E-Cigarettes.

So a month after I start on the E-CIGARETTES some French medical study says they are bad for you?
This **** make you want to start smoking again huh?

Frankly I think this is bull****, just a way to get more money from smokers that are quitting through new regulations.

However what the Hell you pay an arm and leg for cigarettes you pay an arm and leg for quiting cigarettes.

Ladies and Gentlermen I await uyour veiws and comments:peace

i have trouble believing that they are nearly as harmful as cigarettes.

however, read The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr, and you'll see that they are as useless as cigarettes. beats the hell out of the willpower method.

And George Burns smoked cigars til the day he died at 100 years old. Smoking could have taken a few years off my father's life (he died at 89 - colon cancer), but then getting shot in the head in Tarawa and losing most of his right thigh in Korea may have something to do with it as well. Not to mention all the malaria and such from his time at Guadal Canal.

The ecigs make it easier for the squemish who think they're going to get lung cancer from secondhand smoke 25 feet away (of course these same nimrods have no problem jogging next to busy traffic :mrgreen:).

I don't have any enemies. I just believe that the government is a huge waste of resources, and there is never enough money to keep it fed.
You're right, of course. I just like ****storms. Government is at least somewhat accountable.

You're right, of course. I just like ****storms. Government is at least somewhat accountable.

Ummm, the government in this country is barely accountable for anything that goes wrong. They frequently "lose" huge sums of money, and those responsible keep their jobs.

Ummm, the government in this country is barely accountable for anything that goes wrong. They frequently "lose" huge sums of money, and those responsible keep their jobs.
They're profligate, certainly. But ultimately accountable to the electorate. In large part, we can lay the blame of government excess squarely at the feet of public apathy. To my mind, they're still the vanguard against corporate dominance. Democracy is only as vital as those who make use of it.

They're profligate, certainly. But ultimately accountable to the electorate. In large part, we can lay the blame of government excess squarely at the feet of public apathy. To my mind, they're still the vanguard against corporate dominance. Democracy is only as vital as those who make use of it.

Hon, we have so many people over here who are essentially ignorant, and are willing to turn a blind eye, as long as their pockets are being lined, or their ideology is being pushed, that there is no accountability at virtually any level.

Hon, we have so many people over here who are essentially ignorant, and are willing to turn a blind eye, as long as their pockets are being lined, or their ideology is being pushed, that there is no accountability at virtually any level.
Well, at least until election day. There's no circumventing the vote, Liz. No government is ineluctable. If there's a problem with the system, it's that our incumbents aren't subject to review and instant recall.

Well, at least until election day. There's no circumventing the vote, Liz. No government is ineluctable. If there's a problem with the system, it's that our incumbents aren't subject to review and instant recall.

Yeah, if only we had a largely intelligent voting populace...........

Yeah, if only we had a largely intelligent voting populace...........
For the great majority, that kind of insight comes only with class struggle and crisis. We're not there right now. I have faith in the average joe and jane on the street. But I'm also aware of generational oppression and conditioned indifference. The public is that quintessential sleeping giant. Light a fire under them and they'll vanquish the old order in a day.

For the great majority, that kind of insight comes only with class struggle and crisis. We're not there right now. I have faith in the average joe and jane on the street. But I'm also aware of generational oppression and conditioned indifference. The public is that quintessential sleeping giant. Light a fire under them and they'll vanquish the old order in a day.

Ummmm, yeah we'll see about that. Sheep aren't too good about revolting. ;)

Ummmm, yeah we'll see about that. Sheep aren't too good about revolting. ;)
:lol:

Wait until they're really pissed. What looked like sheep from a distance are lions up close. We don't live in such times. The extant setup is merely corrupt. Society doesn't presently teeter on the brink.

:lol:

Wait until they're really pissed. What looked like sheep from a distance are lions up close. We don't live in such times. The extant setup is merely corrupt. Society doesn't presently teeter on the brink.

Not yet. Let's give it some time to degrade a little more, and become so engrossed in entertainment that we just exist to eat, sleep, and have sex.

Not yet. Let's give it some time to degrade a little more, and become so engrossed in entertainment that we just exist to eat, sleep, and have sex.
I see what you did there.

As for the last, I'd welcome decadence were it accompanied by a lobotomy.

I see what you did there.

As for the last, I'd welcome decadence were it accompanied by a lobotomy.

If that would render them unable to vote, I may be able to go for it. :lol:

I wonder who paid for that study?

No, e-cigarettes are not as harmful as tobacco cigarettes due to the tar.

What you SHOULD be asking is who paid to keep this secret from the public for so long. Because I've known this for years. And this is just the beginning, believe me.

Learn about the chemistry and manufacturing of these products before you buy their "it's safe as water" crap hook, line, and sinker.

I was never under the impression that they were 'safe' and 'not harmful'

SafeER is not the same as NON TOXIC.

[h=1]Study says e-cigarettes may contain carcinogens similar to regular cigarettes[/h]
  • Dislike

Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News August 27, 2013

Well, It's been awhile since my famioly and friends said you need to stop smoking cigarettes and try those E-CIGARETTES.

I quit smoking regular cigarettes on july 28th my cousin said if I could do it she could do it and started with these E-Cigarettes.

So a month after I start on the E-CIGARETTES some French medical study says they are bad for you?
This **** make you want to start smoking again huh?

Frankly I think this is bull****, just a way to get more money from smokers that are quitting through new regulations.

However what the Hell you pay an arm and leg for cigarettes you pay an arm and leg for quiting cigarettes.

Ladies and Gentlermen I await uyour veiws and comments:peace

Lungs are a regenerative tissue...... Your lungs heal.

Lungs are a regenerative tissue...... Your lungs heal.

Yes, they heal, after you quit smoking, unless, of course, you get lung cancer from the cigarettes. If that happens, they're likely to never heal.

Not sure who paid, but it was done by a French organization called "“60 million Consumers." here's their report.

Note that they don't say that e cigarettes are as harmful as regular cigarettes, only that they aren't really "safe."

so, how credible is "60 Million Consumers?" I have no idea.

They also are concerned with alcohol in soft drinks:

60 MILLION CONSUMERS CONFIRMS THE PRESENCE OF ALCOHOL AND SOFT DRINKS

I'm pretty sure the title should be in soft drinks, not and soft drinks. The rest of the article has some questionable grammar as well, perhaps due to the (lack of) ability of the translator.

Why "traces" of alcohol should be of any concern, I'm not sure.

It could be argued that 100% of people who have ever drank water died.
Therefore water must be dangerous...They make the conclusion fit their premise.

It could be argued that 100% of people who have ever drank water died.
Therefore water must be dangerous...They make the conclusion fit their premise.

Some of them haven't died yet, but they're all dying. Water must be deadly!

Back
Top Bottom