• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well this sucks

I'm pretty much the same way with anybody you want to drink no problem you want to smoke no problem with that.
Actually it's about the freedom of choice as far as second hand smoke research it see how many death certificates was officially called the death by second hand smoke , maybe I missed something.
Like I said I had to stop smoking for health reasons so I have nothing to gain in presenting this.
Except it should be every American to have the freedom of choice.
If the government is to stop the freedom of choice they might start with assholes cause there's quite a bit in D.C that made that choice:peace

But, is being an asshole a choice, or are they born that way?

Well, on the plus side, the faster you die the less you will have to pay to support other people.

It's uplifting how you're always able to see the bright side of things.

It's uplifting how you're always able to see the bright side of things.

Thank you. I always knew I should have been a greeting card designer who did motivational speaking on the side.

But, is being an asshole a choice, or are they born that way?

I pretty sure it was a choice for I don't seem to remember a 3 day old baby being an asshole, parents maybe but babies are born innocent the choiuce they make as the cross the 18 yr old line is theirs.sometimes earlier.:peace

Not surprising. But the motivation to quit smoking should be your health. Smoking killed my uncle in his 40's, and it was a grusome painful, agonizing death.

meh, my grandfather smoked at least two packs of camels (non-filtered) a day for nearly 80 years. tripped walking down the stairs and broke his neck at 93.

meh, my grandfather smoked at least two packs of camels (non-filtered) a day for nearly 80 years. tripped walking down the stairs and broke his neck at 93.

That's the point I've been trying to make all along.

People are individual and have different immune systems , what might kill one, might make the other one stronger.:peace

That's the point I've been trying to make all along.

People are individual and have different immune systems , what might kill one, might make the other one stronger.:peace

hell...almost everyone on my father's side of the family smoked for 30, 40, 50 years. none of them ever got cancer or any of the other diseases linked to smoking.
my wife's mother never smoked, was never around anyone who smoked and she died at 59 from lung cancer.

So he was lucky.

luck must run in our family then. all my aunts and uncles smoked for decades and never got cancer or any other smoking related illness. I've smoked for nearly 35 years and I am healthier than every single one of my non-smoking friends. In fact, the only health issues I have can be directly tied to being shot and blown up over the course of my military career.

hell...almost everyone on my father's side of the family smoked for 30, 40, 50 years. none of them ever got cancer or any of the other diseases linked to smoking.
my wife's mother never smoked, was never around anyone who smoked and she died at 59 from lung cancer.

Same with me my dad'a side smoked all lived into their 70's and longer , my mom never smoked died at 52 of a stroke caused by High Blood pressure.:peace

Yea, I know. My uncle smoked like a chimney, and lived way up to his early '60s before the lung cancer got him. And then, there was the Marlboro man, remember him? Lung cancer again.

Statistically, smokers don't live as long as non smokers. While they're alive, they have more bronchitis, more heart disease, more high blood pressure, more strokes.

Tobacco causes more deaths and diseases than all of the other drugs combined, including alcohol. Exceptions don't disprove the rule.

Yea, I know. My uncle smoked like a chimney, and lived way up to his early '60s before the lung cancer got him. And then, there was the Marlboro man, remember him? Lung cancer again.

Statistically, smokers don't live as long as non smokers. While they're alive, they have more bronchitis, more heart disease, more high blood pressure, more strokes.

Tobacco causes more deaths and diseases than all of the other drugs combined, including alcohol. Exceptions don't disprove the rule.

if that is true....why are there thousands and thousands of smokers who are "exceptions" to the rule? If smoking "caused" all those deaths and diseases...then everyone who smoked would get them.

if that is true....why are there thousands and thousands of smokers who are "exceptions" to the rule? If smoking "caused" all those deaths and diseases...then everyone who smoked would get them.

There are thousands of exceptions because there are millions of smokers. If a thousand to one shot appeals to you, then go for it, light up that cancer stick.

On the other hand....

People who smoke take at least 10 years off their life expectancy, a new study has found.

On the other hand, those who kick the habit before age 40 reduce the excess risk of death associated with continued smoking by about 90%, according to the study in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine.

"Smoking is the No. 1 preventable cause of death in the U.S.," says Tim McAfee, a co-author of the study. "We need to do more to educate the American people about these findings," adds McAfee, director of the Office on Smoking and Health at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There are 2 or 3 brands of e-cigs that are owned by big tobacco. Blu, and Fin are two that I know.

I feel much better now that i'm a full time Vaper

a month ago, I smoked my last cigarette... after smoking for 45 years.... and thanks to a Cohiba flavored e-juice, I also gave up cigars.

I'm kinda pissed i didn't take up the habit earlier really.... i get the same satisfaction form vaping as i got from smoking, but without the 2nd hand smoke,the nasty smell, and the diminished senses( taste, mainly) ..and my e-juices taste great ( cigs now taste very nasty to me).... I go between a Black cherry juice and a few melon flavors ( honeydew is my fav)

a vapes good for you?.. i would have to say no.... but i do believe they are much much better for you than cigarettes.

I make my own juice from American made ingredients... so i'm reasonably confident that i'm not inhaling some wicked **** the Chinese are likely to sell us.

as an added benefit, i've decreased my run times over the last month.. i've knocked off a 90 seconds in my daily 3 mile run....most likely do to a better lung capacity and more efficient oxygenation.
i'm already an energetic guy, but i can still sense even more energy in me.. more pep in the step, as it were.

Thrilla's story is pretty much the same as my own. I've struggled with the addiction since I was 12. In March, I quit smoking for 3 (2,400 hour days it felt like) and then picked up an E-Cig and was completely satisfied. I have never looked back. My smokers cough is gone. My shortness of breath is gone. My nicotine stained fingers are gone. I sat on an airplane for 3 hours and (subtly) vaped away.

Nothing is "safe" including many medications that are prescription. In some cases, this is deliberate punishment. Look at pain pills like Percocet and Lortab and the massive doses of APAP they mix it with to rip up your kidneys.

So HOORAY for E-Cigs. You can pay $12 for BLU and make a tobacco company rich or you can pay just $3.00 for an E-Cig that's just as good. I reccomend Buy Electronic Cigarettes | Disposable & Rechargeable | White Cloud who has the lowest price and ships promptly.

Thrilla's story is pretty much the same as my own. I've struggled with the addiction since I was 12. In March, I quit smoking for 3 (2,400 hour days it felt like) and then picked up an E-Cig and was completely satisfied. I have never looked back. My smokers cough is gone. My shortness of breath is gone. My nicotine stained fingers are gone. I sat on an airplane for 3 hours and (subtly) vaped away.

Nothing is "safe" including many medications that are prescription. In some cases, this is deliberate punishment. Look at pain pills like Percocet and Lortab and the massive doses of APAP they mix it with to rip up your kidneys.

So HOORAY for E-Cigs. You can pay $12 for BLU and make a tobacco company rich or you can pay just $3.00 for an E-Cig that's just as good. I reccomend Buy Electronic Cigarettes | Disposable & Rechargeable | White Cloud who has the lowest price and ships promptly.

I have an itaste MPV, an original nucks fistpack, a custom pipe, a GLV mini, a V9, and several egos. 3 years smoke free thanks to vaping. I tend to be a collector.
:mrgreen:

Correct.

It also causes emphysema, heart disease, and strokes.

Obesity, high blood pressure ,causes heart disease and strokes.
Fiber glass can cause lung disease, coal dust can cause lung disease foundry dust can cause lung disease.
Smog , pollution in high density for long periods of time can cause lung disease.
Yet smoking is targeted first why?

As I said this does not benefit me in any way I quit smoking went to Ecigarettes next I'm going to quit E cigarettes:peace

I too have joined the E-cigarettes crowd, and true my cough is not as bad it's only been a month.
However, my point remains the same life in America is about choices and people should be vree to make them as long as it doesn't interfere with other people's lives:peace

I have an itaste MPV, an original nucks fistpack, a custom pipe, a GLV mini, a V9, and several egos. 3 years smoke free thanks to vaping. I tend to be a collector.
:mrgreen:

I guess I'm a bit of a collector myself , with me it's lighters, I had no idea how many Zippo lighters I had , it's been almost a month and a half since I quit I'm still finding them stuck in boxes..

I'm not going to keep them though I've been giving them away to smokers I know.:peace

Back
Top Bottom