• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well this sucks

I wonder who paid for that study?

No, e-cigarettes are not as harmful as tobacco cigarettes due to the tar.

You got me might have been sponsored by RJR tobacco company for all I know. lol:peace

I feel much better now that i'm a full time Vaper

a month ago, I smoked my last cigarette... after smoking for 45 years.... and thanks to a Cohiba flavored e-juice, I also gave up cigars.

I'm kinda pissed i didn't take up the habit earlier really.... i get the same satisfaction form vaping as i got from smoking, but without the 2nd hand smoke,the nasty smell, and the diminished senses( taste, mainly) ..and my e-juices taste great ( cigs now taste very nasty to me).... I go between a Black cherry juice and a few melon flavors ( honeydew is my fav)

a vapes good for you?.. i would have to say no.... but i do believe they are much much better for you than cigarettes.

I make my own juice from American made ingredients... so i'm reasonably confident that i'm not inhaling some wicked **** the Chinese are likely to sell us.

as an added benefit, i've decreased my run times over the last month.. i've knocked off a 90 seconds in my daily 3 mile run....most likely do to a better lung capacity and more efficient oxygenation.
i'm already an energetic guy, but i can still sense even more energy in me.. more pep in the step, as it were.

I feel much better now that i'm a full time Vaper

a month ago, I smoked my last cigarette... after smoking for 45 years.... and thanks to a Cohiba flavored e-juice, I also gave up cigars.

I'm kinda pissed i didn't take up the habit earlier really.... i get the same satisfaction form vaping as i got from smoking, but without the 2nd hand smoke,the nasty smell, and the diminished senses( taste, mainly) ..and my e-juices taste great ( cigs now taste very nasty to me).... I go between a Black cherry juice and a few melon flavors ( honeydew is my fav)

a vapes good for you?.. i would have to say no.... but i do believe they are much much better for you than cigarettes.

I make my own juice from American made ingredients... so i'm reasonably confident that i'm not inhaling some wicked **** the Chinese are likely to sell us.

as an added benefit, i've decreased my run times over the last month.. i've knocked off a 90 seconds in my daily 3 mile run....most likely do to a better lung capacity and more efficient oxygenation.
i'm already an energetic guy, but i can still sense even more energy in me.. more pep in the step, as it were.

Groovie stuff, may I recommend that at such time as you wear out your present e-cig
you consider not replacing it .... reduce your carbon foot-print by not spending $ on
things that you don't really NEED. ( and as we all know ... NEED is more important than a plastic spoon )

Groovie stuff, may I recommend that at such time as you wear out your present e-cig
you consider not replacing it .... reduce your carbon foot-print by not spending $ on
things that you don't really NEED. ( and as we all know ... NEED is more important than a plastic spoon )

you can recommend whatever your heart guides you to recommend...

have you relieved yourself of everything you don't really need yet?

you can recommend whatever your heart guides you to recommend...

have you relieved yourself of everything you don't really need yet?

There's just nothing that compares to a preacher who gives a firey sermon regarding the merits of monogamy, when he has a pretty choir member on the side. :lol:

As drugs (that don't turn you into a toothless hobo within the course of a year) go, I can't think of one more completely useless than tobacco. Don't turn to vaporizers, e-cigarettes, hookahs or whatever, just quit. Tobacco sucks.

[h=1]Study says e-cigarettes may contain carcinogens similar to regular cigarettes[/h]
  • Dislike

Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News August 27, 2013

Well, It's been awhile since my famioly and friends said you need to stop smoking cigarettes and try those E-CIGARETTES.

I quit smoking regular cigarettes on july 28th my cousin said if I could do it she could do it and started with these E-Cigarettes.

So a month after I start on the E-CIGARETTES some French medical study says they are bad for you?
This **** make you want to start smoking again huh?

Frankly I think this is bull****, just a way to get more money from smokers that are quitting through new regulations.

However what the Hell you pay an arm and leg for cigarettes you pay an arm and leg for quiting cigarettes.

Ladies and Gentlermen I await uyour veiws and comments:peace

Heck, if I was a smoker and trying to quit, I think I would take my chances with the e-cigarettes. Could they be any worse than a real cigarette? I don't think so. Besides, the article says "may" a lot. IOW, they don't really know yet.

As drugs (that don't turn you into a toothless hobo within the course of a year) go, I can't think of one more completely useless than tobacco. Don't turn to vaporizers, e-cigarettes, hookahs or whatever, just quit. Tobacco sucks.

Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known. According to ex druggies, who should know, it's easier to kick cocaine. If it weren't so addictive, the market for tobacco would collapse.

Just quitting is easier said than done.

The smokers all over the world need to keep smoking.

If they all quit and live longer it will upset a lot of pension plans/schemes.

If all the people in America stopped smoking the taxes lost would be enough to drive more than one state deeper into debt and loss of even more jobs and income.

I'm not saying this in defence of smoking as I said I quit had to.:peace

Not sure who paid, but it was done by a French organization called "“60 million Consumers." here's their report.

Note that they don't say that e cigarettes are as harmful as regular cigarettes, only that they aren't really "safe."

so, how credible is "60 Million Consumers?" I have no idea.

They also are concerned with alcohol in soft drinks:

60 MILLION CONSUMERS CONFIRMS THE PRESENCE OF ALCOHOL AND SOFT DRINKS

I'm pretty sure the title should be in soft drinks, not and soft drinks. The rest of the article has some questionable grammar as well, perhaps due to the (lack of) ability of the translator.

Why "traces" of alcohol should be of any concern, I'm not sure.

Is there anything they're not concerned with? I mean come on ,the immune system in the human body is supposed to get stronger with each generation not weaker.
:peace

A friend of mine switched to using a vaporiser a few months back. Apparently, there's entire forums catering to users. He's seen a few different studies that speak to the contrary. He says it's BS. The big tobacco scumbags trying to discredit the competition. I dunno.

Well big business is a cut throat game I wouldn't doubt it
However unless I'm mistaken medical research grants usually come from the government in America and then there's the federal fegulation cost added on as tax to E- Cigarettes.

Extra the tax on cigarettes in any state Michigan raised the tax on cigarette 3 times in one year, that's a chunk of change not going to tobacco companies or medical companies.:peace

Well, once I found out that the study was French, I had my answer...

Well big business is a cut throat game I wouldn't doubt it
However unless I'm mistaken medical research grants usually come from the government in America and then there's the federal fegulation cost added on as tax to E- Cigarettes.

Extra the tax on cigarettes in any state Michigan raised the tax on cigarette 3 times in one year, that's a chunk of change not going to tobacco companies or medical companies.:peace

E-cigs don't have an extra federal tax added to them ( yet)... normal state sales tax applies, though
the lack of extra taxes is partially why they are increasing in popularity... it's simply far cheaper to Vape than it is to smoke....in some states, taxes make up the bulk of the price of cigarettes.
a person can get a pretty high end Vape set-up, complete with juice for about 100 bucks... after the initial investment, it costs me about 10 bucks a week to Vape ( e juice and replacement parts)... it cost me over 60 bucks a week to smoke cigs/cigars.
after only 30 days vaping, i'm ahead by over 100 bucks... from here on out , the savings mount up pretty fast.
smoking cigs costs me abut $3100-$3500 a year in direct costs versus a touch over $600 bucks to Vape.....

those companies still get the same chunk of change...... the company makes a profit, the government makes an (unearned) profit, and the medical companies eventually make a profit.
you didn't believe that increased taxes meant less profit for the company did you?

.....you pay an arm and leg for cigarettes you pay an arm and leg for quiting cigarettes.....

Paying an arm and a leg ?

...Virtually everyone diagnosed with Buerger's disease smokes cigarettes or uses other forms of tobacco, such as chewing tobacco. Quitting all forms of tobacco is the only way to stop Buerger's disease. For those who don't quit, amputation of all or part of a limb may be necessary.

Buerger's disease - MayoClinic.com

From what I read, nicotine hardens the artery's.

Maybe it would be better to just quit all together.

:smoking: could really cost you an arm and a leg.

[h=1]However what the Hell you pay an arm and leg for cigarettes you pay an arm and leg for quiting cigarettes.

If you smoke long enough, you can wind up paying a lung or two as well.

Well, once I found out that the study was French, I had my answer...

Yeah I kinda thought the same thing , like the French are so fond of Americans today huh?:peace

E-cigs don't have an extra federal tax added to them ( yet)... normal state sales tax applies, though
the lack of extra taxes is partially why they are increasing in popularity... it's simply far cheaper to Vape than it is to smoke....in some states, taxes make up the bulk of the price of cigarettes.
a person can get a pretty high end Vape set-up, complete with juice for about 100 bucks... after the initial investment, it costs me about 10 bucks a week to Vape ( e juice and replacement parts)... it cost me over 60 bucks a week to smoke cigs/cigars.
after only 30 days vaping, i'm ahead by over 100 bucks... from here on out , the savings mount up pretty fast.
smoking cigs costs me abut $3100-$3500 a year in direct costs versus a touch over $600 bucks to Vape.....

those companies still get the same chunk of change...... the company makes a profit, the government makes an (unearned) profit, and the medical companies eventually make a profit.
you didn't believe that increased taxes meant less profit for the company did you?

Yeah , I smoked for 35 years saw the changes come and go from street speed to across the counter 357's from allegra prescription to across the counter allergy medicine..
non tobacco cigarettes "that didn't work nicotine patches E cigarettes , hyptotious. group thereapy.
One thing for sure if they can find a way to make more money off of something , they'll take it.:peace

Yeah , I smoked for 35 years saw the changes come and go from street speed to across the counter 357's from allegra prescription to across the counter allergy medicine..
non tobacco cigarettes "that didn't work nicotine patches E cigarettes , hyptotious. group thereapy.
One thing for sure if they can find a way to make more money off of something , they'll take it.:peace

well, the folks making most of the money off of these e-cigarettes are the mom and pop shops that are springing up ..... in the Austin metro area alone , within the last 6 months, 6 shops have opened up and all of them are busy.( not to mention the products are finding themselves in convenience stores as well)
i buy the same e-juice ingredients they do, so i know how much their costs are... they are making a nice tidy profit and it's still inexpensive for the consumer.

Paying an arm and a leg ?

From what I read, nicotine hardens the artery's.

Maybe it would be better to just quit all together.

:smoking: could really cost you an arm and a leg.

That depends on the immunity of the individual, for one thing.
Another is I don't know what happened in the 70's which is about the time the big Tobacco scare came down.
When I was a young lad of 12 they called cigarettes coffin nails or closer to the grave.
I've been on this planet for 68 years I can't remember a time cigarettes weren't bad for ya.
People either smoked or didn't they didn't want to be around smokers they went to a non smoking restuarant and lived in a non smoking house.
Everybody pretty much went on about their business like the vegatarians and meat eaters do today.

As far as nicotine hardening the artery's.
Hell like obeisiety will kill you just as fast if not faster, prostate cancer, diabeties, aids, and the list goes on to alchaloic poisioning to E-COLI RIGHT DOWN THE LINE .

I'm not defending the dangers of cigarettes, I quit, Hell they helped put me in the hospital with a collapsed lung.
However, I am defending a person's rights,they start taking this right to smoke away ,:what will they take next red meat,, whiskey, beer sex ?:peace

If you smoke long enough, you can wind up paying a lung or two as well.

You pull a gun often enough somebody gonna kill you.

You drink too much whiskey death
Too many sleeping pills death
Need I go on?
I gave up drinking I didn't go around tell everybody that drank a beer or drank whiskey to stop;it was their life to chose what to do not mine.
Now that I quit smoking, am I to tell everybody that enjoys smoking to stop; that would be a bit hypocritical would it not?

Is everybody that doesn't drink to go to bars and tell people that are enjoying a glass of beer or a shot of whiskey to stop drinking because it is unhealthy?
After all there is the liver and some other vital organs to consider.:peace

well, the folks making most of the money off of these e-cigarettes are the mom and pop shops that are springing up ..... in the Austin metro area alone , within the last 6 months, 6 shops have opened up and all of them are busy.( not to mention the products are finding themselves in convenience stores as well)
i buy the same e-juice ingredients they do, so i know how much their costs are... they are making a nice tidy profit and it's still inexpensive for the consumer.

Well, maybe I'm wrong but if it's a small business doing good, and making good profits in America they better circle the wagons , cause big corporations will come not a matter of if a matter of when.:peace

You pull a gun often enough somebody gonna kill you.

You drink too much whiskey death
Too many sleeping pills death
Need I go on?
I gave up drinking I didn't go around tell everybody that drank a beer or drank whiskey to stop;it was their life to chose what to do not mine.
Now that I quit smoking, am I to tell everybody that enjoys smoking to stop; that would be a bit hypocritical would it not?

Is everybody that doesn't drink to go to bars and tell people that are enjoying a glass of beer or a shot of whiskey to stop drinking because it is unhealthy?
After all there is the liver and some other vital organs to consider.:peace

Something is going to kill you sooner or later, that's one thing t hat is certain.
and I'd be the last one to tell someone that they can't smoke. As I've said before, you can smoke whatever you like, as long as you do it outdoors and downwind.

Or, in you own car/home.

I'm pretty much a live and let live sort of guy, even if it means you might not live very long.

Something is going to kill you sooner or later, that's one thing t hat is certain.
and I'd be the last one to tell someone that they can't smoke. As I've said before, you can smoke whatever you like, as long as you do it outdoors and downwind.

Or, in you own car/home.

I'm pretty much a live and let live sort of guy, even if it means you might not live very long.

I'm pretty much the same way with anybody you want to drink no problem you want to smoke no problem with that.
Actually it's about the freedom of choice as far as second hand smoke research it see how many death certificates was officially called the death by second hand smoke , maybe I missed something.
Like I said I had to stop smoking for health reasons so I have nothing to gain in presenting this.
Except it should be every American to have the freedom of choice.
If the government is to stop the freedom of choice they might start with assholes cause there's quite a bit in D.C that made that choice:peace

Back
Top Bottom