• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington Postal Workers Defy USPS Orders And Reinstall Mail Sorting Machines

I have plenty more but that comment was in direct response to you dumbsplaining Trump bragging about how stupid and gullible his base is.

If being in a cult and being accurately described in that manner bothers you, you should probably refrain from cult-like defenses.

And you have it backwards: we all wish you guys would keep the cult schtick to *yourselves*. We’re trying to run a democracy here.

And this is where continually acting like this gets you dismissed.

I'm rejoining the adults table now.

And this is where continually acting like this gets you dismissed.

I'm rejoining the adults table now.

Ending communication with those who offer conflicting information about your cult is usually one of the first signs you’re in a cult.

Propaganda, the link in the story shows a LETTER sorting machine, which is NOT used for ballots.
KUOW - Don’t reconnect mailing machines, Postal Service tells plants. Tacoma does it anyway

It’s called a DBCS used for average letter size mail and smaller water bill stuff, It is high speed.

(Delivery Bar Code Sorter)

A much larger Flat Sorter is used for Magazines, Advertising fliers, BALLOTS, etc.

When they say reinstall, it means the electrical disconnect on the end is unlocked and turned on. It takes about 10 seconds to put it back in service assuming it was not robbed for parts. You can see it in the picture if you know what you are looking for.

Don’t believe these stories people, it’s propaganda.
Without that machine, does it take more time/personnel to handle the mail? This entire argument is about efficiency of the post office in general, which affects the efficiency of being able to get ballots to voters and then back to places to be counted.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Why does the post office need an EXTRA $25 billion to do it's job?

That's $75 for every man, woman and child in the country. Or $200 for every likely voter in the upcoming election.

And because they were destroyed on purpose. Red, White, and Blue versus Red

SO cool that we have so many mail sorting machine experts here.

Without that machine, does it take more time/personnel to handle the mail? This entire argument is about efficiency of the post office in general, which affects the efficiency of being able to get ballots to voters and then back to places to be counted.

No, the ones turned off are turned off because they were not being used. (Low mail flow) If left on, standard maintenance is still needed, test cards ran daily, Printers have a storage mode, same for them, daily maintenance for them too unless in storage mode.

Maintaining machines requires people which the USPS has been losing for years. Maintenance people can’t be hired off the street, all this equipment is proprietary machines, special training needed.

Last edited:
No, the ones turned off are turned off because they were not being used. (Low mail flow) If left on, standard maintenance is still needed, test cards ran daily, Printers have a storage mode, same for them, daily maintenance for them too unless in storage mode.

Maintaining machines requires people which the USPS has been losing for years. Maintenance people can’t be hired off the street, all this equipment is proprietary machines, special training needed.
These weren't randomly turned on by people who don't know the info you are putting out, assuming true. So they would know this and who does maintenance on this equipment. In fact, they would know whether these are needed more than those claiming otherwise. They would also be very much aware of what sort of mail these sorters actually sort.

These weren't randomly turned on by people who don't know the info you are putting out, assuming true. So they would know this and who does maintenance on this equipment. In fact, they would know whether these are needed more than those claiming otherwise. They would also be very much aware of what sort of mail these sorters actually sort.

Exactly. I suspect there was similar conservative outrage when the USPS began shutting down wagon repair stations and reducing their horse fleet.

The photo linked in the OP is not used for ballots, past that, I have no idea what else in the story is false.

Regular shift supervisors (operations) could get permission from the plant manager to turn them on, and depending how long they were offline would define how long it took to get them in service. (Never more than 24 hrs, and in as little as 10 minutes) Maintenance never made those decisions. ( parts availability is also a deciding factor, but could be over nighted from another plant)

Plant managers can be transferred overnight if they ticked off the wrong people. This story is extremely unlikely, as all managers are afraid For their jobs as there is no union protection for them.

Another reason to take the sorters offline is that they negitively effected plants “numbers”, the holy grail of all postal managers.

PS, I have never been a union member, do not need them, I’m good, valuable, never late and don’t use sick leave.

Last edited:
The photo linked in the OP is not used for ballots, past that, I have no idea what else in the story is false.

Regular shift supervisors (operations) could get permission from the plant manager to turn them on, and depending how long they were offline would define how long it took to get them in service. (Never more than 24 hrs, and in as little as 10 minutes) Maintenance never made those decisions. ( parts availability is also a deciding factor, but could be over nighted from another plant)

Plant managers can be transferred overnight if they ticked off the wrong people. This story is extremely unlikely, as all managers are afraid For their jobs as there is no union protection for them.

Another reason to take the sorters offline is that they negitively effected plants “numbers”, the holy grail of all postal managers.

PS, I have never been a union member, do not need them, I’m good, valuable, never late and don’t use sick leave.
So you seem to think I'm questioning the use of these machines. I'm not. I'm saying that the plant managers or whoever may have put them back into service would know more about why they were plugged back up than random posters on a political site, regardless of what they do. It may have more to do with them trying to keep up with all the mail than having anything specifically to do with ballot delivery, but could tangentially affect all mail delivery time, including that of ballots. It could just be their workers do better with them in place than not. It could be simply people not liking change.

I deal with postal workers and postal contractors every day, and connectivity of various pieces of equipment. There are various reasons for why they do things.

Did they say that machine sorted ballots? Or did you just make that up?

So you seem to think I'm questioning the use of these machines. I'm not. I'm saying that the plant managers or whoever may have put them back into service would know more about why they were plugged back up than random posters on a political site, regardless of what they do. It may have more to do with them trying to keep up with all the mail than having anything specifically to do with ballot delivery, but could tangentially affect all mail delivery time, including that of ballots. It could just be their workers do better with them in place than not. It could be simply people not liking change.

I deal with postal workers and postal contractors every day, and connectivity of various pieces of equipment. There are various reasons for why they do things.

Bingo, we have a winner, thank you mam.

“ , and connectivity of various pieces of equipment. There are various reasons for why they do things.”

And the “numbers” for that machine is the major reason it might be pulled offline. Sitting unused for months is a major reason.

And Politics ain’t one of those reasons.

USPS ET, I know USPS machines, expert level!

Last edited:
Did they say that machine sorted ballots? Or did you just make that up?

OP implied ballot sorting machines being taken off line by Trump, then showed Linked photo of a dbcs, NOT a ballot sorting machine, which would be an AFCS. (Aka, flat sorter.)

Don’t get me started on the APBS, but it’s not as bad as an AFCS which has 40 million ways to break.

Carrier Cell crashes are the worst on the APBS, takes crow bars and time to fix those.

I’ve often wondered why USPS does not hire mentally handicapped people to man those machines. Total human interaction is turning a mailing label on a box Facing up on a passing conveyor belt.

Minimum $40k/yr., don’t have to be able to read.

Last edited:
OP implied ballot sorting machines being taken off line by Trump, then showed Linked photo of a dbcs, NOT a ballot sorting machine, which would be an AFCS.

More propaganda.

So you made it up then. I figured as much. I guess lying is what you have to resort to when are as wrong as you constantly are.

Sorting machines free up the time for the mailman to sort the rest accurately and fastly. You're welcome. This frees up the time you need to continue lying in other topics.

So you made it up then. I figured as much. I guess lying is what you have to resort to when are as wrong as you constantly are.

Sorting machines free up the time for the mailman to sort the rest accurately and fastly. You're welcome. This frees up the time you need to continue lying in other topics.

Sort the rest of what? Mail volume has been dropping for like, two decades....

Sort the rest of what? Mail volume has been dropping for like, two decades....

I did that job so try your bull**** elsewhere. I know what it takes to sort a route and I couldn't imagine having to sort on top of that load what the machine had already sorted.

You also, after sorting, have to prep your parcels... which have increased drastically over the last couple of decades.

And ideally, you should be out the door at 10:00am at the earliest but no earlier because mail is still coming at that hour for you to sort. If the machine didn't sort all that other stuff, you'd barely make it out before 2:00pm, if that. And you have to be back before 5:00 so what you pick up on the route gets to the airport on time. All this is being made impossible because dip**** republicans want retaliation victories over giving a single damn about the United States of America or her Constitution... where you'll find the USPS enshrined.

Last edited:
I did that job so try your bull**** elsewhere. I know what it takes to sort a route and I couldn't imagine having to sort on top of that load what the machine had already sorted.

Well, it would be at least 33% less to sort than in 2006. And less than in 2019. Sounds like it's getting eaiser every year.

Well, it would be at least 33% less to sort than in 2006. And less than in 2019. Sounds like it's getting eaiser every year.

Way to chop and ignore the rest of the post. Something you have to do because you are outclassed. Try sticking to topics you might know anything about. Cause this ain't one of them.

Way to chop and ignore the rest of the post. Try sticking to topics you might know anytihng about. Cause this ain't one of them.

Dude... check the time stamps...

Dude... check the time stamps...

I made several edits and the time stamp only indicates the time of the very last one. You chopped it.

Feel free to address the rest.

LOL, you don’t work at a USPS mail plant do you? You have no clue what you are talking about. None working the DBCS is a “mailman”. They are mail handlers. (Both mail handlers and mail delivers work hard, just FYI.

“The mailman” rarely sees plant automation. The “mailman” does not sort $hit. It’s handed to him/her in a box pre sorted by route/ address.

You should feel bad for showing your stupity about the USPS process.

Last edited:
I made several edits and the time stamp only indicates the time of the very last one. You chopped it.

Feel free to address the rest.

Lol. Sorry I didn't go back and address your ninja edit. Smh.

LOL, you don’t work at a USPS mail plant do you? You have no clue what you are talking about.

“The mailman” rarely sees plant automation. The “mailman” does not sort $hit. It’s handed to him/her in a box pre sorted by route/ address.

You haven't a clue. When we got to our sorting cubes, you had loads of mail to hand sort aside from what the machine sorted. And more mail to hand sort keeps coming all the way up to 10:00am. Back to preschool with you.

You haven't a clue. When we got to our sorting cubes, you had loads of mail to hand sort aside from what the machine sorted. And more mail to hand sort keeps coming all the way up to 10:00am. Back to preschool with you.

Grandpa, tell me again about what it was like in 2004?

You do realize that the USPS still uses all the sorting machines it needs to, right? They just didn't need the same number they needed 15 years ago?

Back
Top Bottom