• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington Postal Workers Defy USPS Orders And Reinstall Mail Sorting Machines

Go find me saying that.

OR... you can stop pretending to speak for me. Fair enough?

This "both sides" bull**** is what GOPers do at the waning ends of their party ruling the government because they do not want to own up to the fact that their party completely botched it all up. So they whip out this equivalence.

The next equivalence move is to say, "Throw the bums out. ALL OF THEM!!!!!!"

History does indeed constantly repeat itself in many ways.

Shows how little you know I have been saying the same thing Since Clinton was in office. I have been saying the same thing since Obama was president on this web site. I am not affiliated with either party. I liked Trump because he is not a republican. He just ran as republican because Hillary was already the democratic candidate from day ones. Bernie just wasn't that smart.

Most of us would take "better than now". I think that's what most expect.

I agree. Shutting down this country by the democrats and these idiots out their spreading this virus out of utter stupidity has destroyed a great economy and this country.

Shows how little you know I have been saying the same thing Since Clinton was in office. I have been saying the same thing since Obama was president on this web site. I am not affiliated with either party. I liked Trump because he is not a republican. He just ran as republican because Hillary was already the democratic candidate from day ones. Bernie just wasn't that smart.

You are clearly a far right winger whose just now too embarrassed so you declare how "independent" you are. Then lie about your lean in the process. More of you will start popping up. It's what history tells us.

If the director of maintenance said not to do it, and somebody did it. Somebody should be fired.

Yes, DeJoy should be fired for making them turn it off in the first place.

The virus was going to slam the economy no matter what.

But there's an easy way to see if the virus was handled properly by comparing the economies of other third world countries and how hard they got hit by comparison.

You are clearly a far right winger whose just now too embarrassed so you declare how "independent" you are. Then lie about your lean in the process. More of you will start popping up. It's what history tells us.

Rabid Bush support evaporated like a puddle in the desert....

Rabid Bush support evaporated like a puddle in the desert....

Never quoted myself but....

I don't think Bush would have even been a bad president, sans Rove and Cheney. I think he was a good man, underestimated by an "aw shucks" simple Texas personality. I think most of what went wrong with his presidency was those two. Notice how the last two years things started making a LOT more sense, but that was also about the time Rove and Cheney had a lot less influence. I would never have liked Bush as a president, but he was a fine man in genral, wrong on so much, but genuinely interested in what he felt was best for America. What we have now is a failed man.

Other than Cheney, never in my life have I felt like a president just didn't give crap one about anything but his political fortunes until Trump. Cheney at least was a logical calculating evil, which made it predictable.

Don't get me wrong, all my life we've had presidents who put their politcal interests way to high on the list of priorities, but never bltantly in disregard to America until now.

I wonder how DeJoy justifies trashing quite a number of DBCS sorting machines. Not disconnecting. Literally taking them apart and having scrap haulers take them away.

Those baby's are not cheap. How can he just destroy functioning government property?

I imagine the way any other government department justifies surplusing outdated equipment. I can't imagine that there is a a very large market for u.s. mail sorting machines... scrap is likely the only way to recover any value.

Not entirely true. If we shut down the way we should have early, it would have impacted us through late spring or early summer. Instead this virus has drug on and on and ensured the economic impact will continue to be felt far longer than it needed to be. There is a long list of things that should have been done better.

Gotta love the Trump loving "liberal" independents.

Rank and file government employees defying the orders of their agency director based on political differences. What could possibly go wrong?!

Le'ts be sure to remember who were the cheerleaders of this mini-insurrection in the event Joe Biden wins the election, and rogue ICE agents go on an illegal alien arresting spree in defiance of a new "prosecutorial discretion" memo published by the DHS secretary.

Propaganda, the link in the story shows a LETTER sorting machine, which is NOT used for ballots.
KUOW - Don’t reconnect mailing machines, Postal Service tells plants. Tacoma does it anyway

It’s called a DBCS used for average letter size mail and smaller water bill stuff, It is high speed.

(Delivery Bar Code Sorter)

A much larger Flat Sorter is used for Magazines, Advertising fliers, BALLOTS, etc.

When they say reinstall, it means the electrical disconnect on the end is unlocked and turned on. It takes about 10 seconds to put it back in service assuming it was not robbed for parts. You can see it in the picture if you know what you are looking for.

Don’t believe these stories people, it’s propaganda.

Last edited:
And when any votes that pass though those machines are discarded, or in some other way affected because of the use of those machines. They only have themselves to blame for this.

Trump needs to update his phrase to “I could shoot someone on 5th avenue, and my supporters will blame them for standing in front of my bullet.”

Rank and file government employees defying the orders of their agency director based on political differences. What could possibly go wrong?!

Le'ts be sure to remember who were the cheerleaders of this mini-insurrection in the event Joe Biden wins the election, and rogue ICE agents go on an illegal alien arresting spree in defiance of a new "prosecutorial discretion" memo published by the DHS secretary.

The Trump admin has spent 4 years defying anything and everything from subpoenas to actual Supreme Court decisions. The admin, and their supporters, have explicitly argued that anything coming from Dems whether it be judges, employees at the FBI, mail sorters at the USPS, is illegitimate. OBAMA JUDGES!!

You know who is gonna get even when BIden takes office and we take back the senate in January?

It ain’t gonna be ICE. It ain’t gonna be the GOP. It ain’t gonna be Don Jr.

Tell me, what will ICE be storming and doing when their budget is cut to nothing and their mission statement is now “stfu and sit down, nazis?”

Ya’ll spent the last 4 years with your boots on our collective throats and you think *you* are getting ready for some payback?

Oh dear is that Fox bubble doing you no favors. None.

The question at the heart of this whole brouhaha is this: does the Postmaster General stand to gain financially if the Post Office, following his instructions, begins to operate less effectively?

If the answer's 'Yes', we've a conflict of interests situation.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Propaganda, the link in the story shows a LETTER sorting machine, which is NOT used for ballots.
KUOW - Don’t reconnect mailing machines, Postal Service tells plants. Tacoma does it anyway

It’s called a DBCS used for average letter size mail and smaller water bill stuff, It is high speed.

(Delivery Bar Code Sorter)

A much larger Flat Sorter is used for Magazines, Advertising fliers, BALLOTS, etc.

When they say reinstall, it means the electrical disconnect on the end is unlocked and turned on. It takes about 10 seconds to put it back in service assuming it was not robbed for parts. You can see it in the picture if you know what you are looking for.

Don’t believe these stories people, it’s propaganda.

Don't rain on their parade...

Your essential businesses have proved that to be false. The virus is still around and a lot of states are back up and running without a problem including mine. Once again proving that wrong. This country as well as countries around the world can and will operate despite this virus. Shutting down the country was a ploy for political gain clearly and still is.

Being responsible and not spreading this virus is clearly possible with most industries when proper safety steps are implemented. A lot of these safety measures stopping the spread of infectious diseases should have been implemented starting after the influenza pandemic that killed almost a third of the population around the world. We knew this was coming since then and the warnings from SARS and MERS went completely unheeded for decades now.

You know nothing about me and are clearly wrong. Oh well.

Trump needs to update his phrase to “I could shoot someone on 5th avenue, and my supporters will blame them for standing in front of my bullet.”

Given that the phrase was coined as a show of just how much everyone was untrusting of the media at the time. I don't think that would be necessary.

Given that the phrase was coined as a show of just how much everyone was untrusting of the media at the time. I don't think that would be necessary.

The GOP didn’t even bother crafting a platform and you’re still out here trying to ACKSHULLY the fact that you’re in a cult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GOP didn’t even bother crafting a platform and you’re still out here trying to ACKSHULLY the fact that you’re in a cult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's one way to show that you're not interested in being intellectually honest. You can keep the "cultist" shtick to yourself please.

Because if that's all you have, then you don't really have anything at all.

Well, that's one way to show that you're not interested in being intellectually honest. You can keep the "cultist" shtick to yourself please.

Because if that's all you have, then you don't really have anything at all.

I have plenty more but that comment was in direct response to you dumbsplaining Trump bragging about how stupid and gullible his base is.

If being in a cult and being accurately described in that manner bothers you, you should probably refrain from cult-like defenses.

And you have it backwards: we all wish you guys would keep the cult schtick to *yourselves*. We’re trying to run a democracy here.

Back
Top Bottom