• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 67] Shireen Abu Akleh: Al Jazeera reporter killed by Israeli gunfire

Why? Can't handle a reality where you can't blame Jews?
It's a well known case that's always given as the best example of what Pallywood is. Films were made about the deception and propaganda behind it.

Their listed source:

1. Eva Cahen, "French TV Sticks by Story That Fueled Palestinian Intifada" Archived 7 May 2016 at the Wayback Machine, Cybercast News Service, 15 February 2005.
So basically "Out of My Basement News".

She's listed as a Palestinian-American. What are the implications of a US ally deliberately killing an American citizen?
Not any at all, she voluntarily put herself in danger while in the employ of foreign government interests

What happened at the funeral today then? How can you defend that?
You have everything here if it really interests you:

The police were responding to rioters attacking forces.
Every Palestinian funeral is a cause of violence, it's always like that with "mourners" who are usually 99% people who come to riot and engage in violence and 1% people who come to actually mourn.
When it's in Israeli territory (Jerusalem) the police is there to oppose that.

One of the reasons I support BDS
The main reason being, leftist race politics as applied to foreign lands where they don’t apply.
Israel is an apartheid state as far as I can tell.
No, it’s not.

Israel doesn’t operate anything like South Africa during apartheid

Their listed source:

So basically "Out of My Basement News".
The ones conducting the investigation in the quotation box in the comment you replied to are actually 3 independent French journalists.
And regardless, all other investigations conducted found the same thing. They couldn't have been shot by Israeli bullets since the soldiers were on the other side of the wall, while the Palestinian terrorists were right in front of them.

Also, from the source

French state television is standing by its claim that the broadcast is authentic. The broadcast purportedly showed 12-year-old Mohammed al-Durra being shot by Israeli soldiers, an event that led to the current Palestinian intifada.

But Denis Jeambar, editor-in-chief of the French news weekly l'Express, and filmmaker Daniel Leconte, a producer and owner of the film company Doc en Stock, say the videocassette is full of staged scenes of faked injuries.

Tell us another one.

Every Palestinian funeral is a cause of violence, it's always like that with "mourners" who are usually 99% people who come to riot and engage in violence and 1% people who come to actually mourn.

So the people carrying the coffin were also engaging in rioting?

That’s a wild take

You act like we didn't just watch the Israeli police start the shit unprovoked.

The ones conducting the investigation in the quotation box in the comment you replied to are actually 3 independent French journalists.
And regardless, all other investigations conducted found the same thing. They couldn't have been shot by Israeli bullets since the soldiers were on the other side of the wall, while the Palestinian terrorists were right in front of them.

They didn't provide any ballistics evidence. They just gave an opinion.

What, exactly, is their source of expertise?

That’s a wild take

Maybe they were going to use the coffin as a bat against the police.

/snark

They didn't provide any ballistics evidence. They just gave an opinion.

What, exactly, is their source of expertise?
Everything is in the Wikipedia article. It's not a discussion or a debate whether they were shot by Israeli troops or not. They were not.

That’s a wild take
You have videos showing exactly that posted on the police twitter page. In some cases they throw something at the police or hit a policeman with a bar and then run back to hide under the coffin.

Maybe they were going to use the coffin as a bat against the police.

/snark

It’s unreal but i get the thought process.

My fathers generation still think the shootings in Derry on Bloody Sunday were justified. It’s amazing what people will believe when your government is steering the conversation.

You act like we didn't just watch the Israeli police start the shit unprovoked.
In your mind anything you don’t like is unprovoked aggression.

It’s unreal but i get the thought process.

My fathers generation still think the shootings in Derry on Bloody Sunday were justified. It’s amazing what people will believe when your government is steering the conversation.
Whatever occurred in Derry in 1972 is not relevant to Israel in 2022

Everything is in the Wikipedia article. It's not a discussion or a debate whether they were shot by Israeli troops or not. They were not.
Yeah, I went down to their source for that (Item #56) and it was a couple of film makers spouting an opinion to a fly by night news website.

So I'm not buying that bullshit.
You have videos showing exactly that posted on the police twitter page. In some cases they throw something at the police or hit a policeman with a bar and then run back to hide under the coffin.
We just watched the videos. None of that shit happened.

Your police are nothing more than thugs and you should be ashamed.

I’ve seen countless videos posted by the worlds media which shows the Israeli police waiting for them outside the hospital and with no warning attack the mourners.
British journalists saw numerous plain clothed officers pull people from the crowd who weren’t engaging in any violence.

Yeah, I went down to their source for that (Item #56) and it was a couple of film makers spouting an opinion to a fly by night news website.

So I'm not buying that bullshit.
I didn't expect you to actually try and understand what happened and I'm not disappointed.
We just watched the videos. None of that shit happened.

Your police are nothing more than thugs and you should be ashamed.
Yeah I really can't stress hardly enough how much I don't care about your opinion.
The videos in the link are obviously showing rioters attacking police. Police didn't just arrive out of nowhere to beat random people for no reason.

I didn't expect you to actually try and understand what happened and I'm not disappointed.
So get a better source.
Yeah I really can't stress hardly enough how much I don't care about your opinion.
The videos in the link are obviously showing rioters attacking police. Police didn't just arrive out of nowhere to beat random people for no reason.
Except that they did and we literally just watched them.

I’ve seen countless videos posted by the worlds media which shows the Israeli police waiting for them outside the hospital and with no warning attack the mourners.
British journalists saw numerous plain clothed officers pull people from the crowd who weren’t engaging in any violence.
The 'plain clothed officers' (undercover police) pull people after they engage in violence, not during.

No, it’s not. It’s a totally seperate event from
a totally separate conflict
It’s an example of how people can find a way to excuse literally any atrocity carried out by the “security forces” if they think the victims are all a bunch of “terrorists”.

The 'plain clothed officers' (undercover police) pull people after they engage in violence, not during.

Looked like they just grabbed random people.

And that doesn't explain them kicking the shit out of pallbearers.

That's Britcop nonsense. Do something outrageous (murder a reporter), then double down with more violence at the funeral.

The sky reporters literally say in the report that the arrests were unprovoked.
But they are only eyewitnesses so I understand that we can’t rely on them given the narrative I’ve been hearing in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom